• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

David___

Banned
There's 4 songs that you unlock via story, right?

Edit: Only seems like its 3. :/ Still need to find one out in the wild then.

Double edit: Just got 21/23 with only the 2 story songs left. Glad to get that trophy out of the way.

malfcn

Stupid stupid civilians ruining my invasion. One walks up to me, bumps into me and starts freaking out and draws attention.

Relly

Banned
You'll adapt and learn to like it.

And always ride a fucking motorcycle.

Lol idk man, been playing a week before release and I still hate it. I literally miss every alley shortcut because the physics and turning is just completely fucked. Driving is my biggest con with this otherwise brilliant game IMO. I consider myself a pretty good driver in open world games.

But you're right about the motorcycle, it's the only thing that I can drive without crashing on every turn.. Sadly, NPCs don't ride them, so it's a dead giveaway you're invading someone if you drive one online.

I've shot 4 people on motorcycles before they could even profile me lol

Caode

anyone know how long between drinking games do you have to wait?

I think it's just under a minute.. which for impatient people like myself just makes it even more frustrating. If a crime or anything pops up nearby too you'll be locked out from starting it until you take care of the crime so keep that in mind too if you can't start the game.

Getting rid of a great game because you can't get a stupid platinum trophy that is completely worthless aside from self preserving nerd ego inflation. That is what is a fucking shame dude.

By 'complete' I meant 'get all trophies'.

I've done everything else. Multiplayer doesn't interest me, there's nothing left in single player for me to do, so, yeah, getting rid of it is about all that's left. I was never keeping this anyway, as I knew from the get-go it wouldn't have much replay value. I've only kept it this long to try and 100% it, but that's out of the equation now.

Probably going to list it tomorrow.

EDIT: Don't take this to mean I didn't enjoy parts of the game. Campaign was fun for the most part, and most side missions were good up to a point (just too many of them that felt the same). The game's a solid 7.5, but its flaws are many, and ultimately they detract from the experience. Obviously I liked it enough to try to 100% it, which is reserved only for games I've had a good time with. It just became a chore and lost all of the 'fun' that it had up to that point.

malfcn

I used the GL trick in an intersection and wow, it really makes your rep dive. But it's pretty easy to get it back up. And the consequences of a cop chase may be fun.

PusherT

How is this game on xbox 360? I have 360 and a Wii U is the community features hacking into other players game on the spot is that in the 360 version? And should I wait for the Wii U version or get it now on xbox?

Herne

Final mission -

Edit - Oh, seems like it did autosave at each one. No matter, then. Damn, that mission was annoying.

Caode

Final mission -

Has anyone actually completed this clusterfuck of a mission yet? I got two checkpoints down and it all goes to shit, I can't get away from the police no matter what I do, I've used up all my blackouts and the helicopter hack is useless because a) 90% of the time I can't even see the bloody thing and b) it just comes back into operation a few seconds anyway. Between the intentional UI glitches, the fake checkpoints on the map and my navigation screwing up constantly, I can't get anything done. No car seems able to stand up to the punishment the police visit on me.

Got to two checkpoints and boom - stupid car exploded and so did I, and back to the start I go. Ffs.

Yeah surprisingly did it on my first go -
I just completely floored it whenever I was in the car and got pretty lucky avoiding the police on foot, I never even had to resort to shooting or disrupting the helicopter - which is the worst part of it, with that damn sniper on you at all times, it's a really cheap final mission where they just try and throw everything at you as quick as they can.

Herne

Yeah surprisingly did it on my first go -
I just completely floored it whenever I was in the car and got pretty lucky avoiding the police on foot, I never even had to resort to shooting or disrupting the helicopter - which is the worst part of it, with that damn sniper on you at all times, it's a really cheap final mission where they just try and throw everything at you as quick as they can.

Yeah, I thought it had restarted me but it just send me to just after the second point. Got really hectic but I'm glad I didn't have to restart it all again.

Caode

Yeah, I thought it had restarted me but it just send me to just after the second point. Got really hectic but I'm glad I didn't have to restart it all again.

I found it really tough to see where I was going at times too in that,
between steam pipes exploding at just about every turn, and the spotlight from the helicopter constantly on you.

Double D

So I did the weapons trade stuff. Got the
silenced goblin, then Tobias called me talking about MIBs or something. Where is the mission that is supposed to happen after you scan all the crates? I just finished Act 3 before scanning the last crate so I know I'm far enough along.

edit: nevermind. It shows up as a blue mission instead of the icon I've been used to for these.

malfcn

WAIT. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

I was hidden 100% and it says I failed?
A steam pipe was broken and he ran into it...and I lose?

WTF. SMH.

Happened again.
I am not even doing anything and the game says I attacked them.

Caode

I've made it to level 6 of the extreme drinking mini-game in Pawnee and I think I've hit a brick wall, really frustrating stuff.... such a terrible mini-game.

Double D

So I'm looking at my progression and it shows I've done 4/16 ctOS breaches. I think I've done them all though. Just finished Act 3 so maybe there's 12 that happen during the rest of the campaign?

edit: derp. Now I remember what they are. Nevermind.

I've made it to level 6 of the extreme drinking mini-game in Pawnee and I think I've hit a brick wall, really frustrating stuff.... such a terrible mini-game.

I'm at the exact same spot, been stuck there for a couple days. I've failed so many times that I gave up.

The only way I see myself beating it is if they patch it to make it significantly easier, or if I can get a friend to drop by sometime and help me. Two people, one controller.

Caode

I'm at the exact same spot, been stuck there for a couple days. I've failed so many times that I gave up.

The only way I see myself beating it is if they patch it to make it significantly easier, or if I can get a friend to drop by sometime and help me. Two people, one controller.

What in the fuck were they thinking with this, it's the spawning you outside and away from the bar that's annoying me, and then when you get back to start it, a crime pops up and locks you out of the mini-game.

I have a Razer Blade 2013 with a high end i7 and a 765m with a 900p screen. I also have a XB1. Should I get the PC version or the XB1 version (seeing as how apparently the PC version isn't very well made.)

Caode

I probably was super lucky, but I didn't have any trouble with the last mission. Hectic for sure, but very manageable.

I didn't have all that much trouble with it either, I was expecting something extreme from what I was reading on here about it. Nothing too bad. Although it is a very badly designed mission.

Tohsaka

I can't do it, either. I beat the game earlier tonight and it seems like my controller inputs don't have any effect on the level 6 portion of this minigame.

What in the fuck were they thinking with this, it's the spawning you outside and away from the bar that's annoying me, and then when you get back to start it, a crime pops up and locks you out of the mini-game.

It's pretty ridiculous isn't it? I don't think it was play tested properly.

If the game saved after every successful drink, or let you retry right away without having you run all over Pawnee it wouldn't be so bad. But waiting to get going again just kills any chance of building up momentum.

My issue with it is how difficult it is compared to everything else in the game, which isn't difficult at all. It's a typical Ubisoft game that anyone can pick up, play, plat, whatever. This mini game though requires super human abilities to beat.

Caode

It's pretty ridiculous isn't it? I don't think it was play tested properly.

If the game saved after every successful drink, or let you retry right away without having you run all over Pawnee it wouldn't be so bad. But waiting to get going again just kills any chance of building up momentum.

My issue with it is how difficult it is compared to everything else in the game, which isn't difficult at all. It's a typical Ubisoft game that anyone can pick up, play, plat, whatever. This mini game though requires super human abilities to beat.

I just failed the level 6 one (again) and it spawned me up near the Blume building in Pawnee, then I worked my way back.. failed it again, and then it spawned me in the other direction again at a pretty far distance from the bar. I agree with you, this couldn't have been play tested properly,- surely someone on the team would've taken a look and said "hang on a fucking minute here, what sadist coded this". It is severe-fucking-rage inducing stuff. (As you can probably tell from my posts lol)

Sojgat

I don't think I've ever enjoyed driving missions as much in any other open world game. I even find the tailing missions fun.

sangreal

so I just got to act 4 and all my guns (and crafting stuff) are gone. If I go to the shop it won't let me repurchase them either. Anyone know what I am supposed to do? on xbone

Chitown B

I'm at the Franklin ctos tower and I got to the panel but there's no prompt to open it. I notice there's something that looks like a solar panel on these. Do I have to do this during the day?

I just failed the level 6 one (again) and it spawned me up near the Blume building in Pawnee, then I worked my way back.. failed it again, and then it spawned me in the other direction again at a pretty far distance from the bar. I agree with you, this couldn't have been play tested properly,- surely someone on the team would've taken a look and said "hang on a fucking minute here, what sadist coded this". It is severe-fucking-rage inducing stuff. (As you can probably tell from my posts lol)

Haha, I'm beyond the rage and frustration. I'm at defeat. I just can't try anymore, if they don't patch it or a friend can't help i'll never get it.

The best is when the game teases you and spawns you right outside the bar, only to get a notification of a crime in progress you need to go interrupt, lol. So annoying.

Caode

Haha, I'm beyond the rage and frustration. I'm at defeat. I just can't try anymore, if they don't patch it or a friend can't help i'll never get it.

The best is when the game teases you and spawns you right outside the bar, only to get a notification of a crime in progress you need to go interrupt, lol. So annoying.

It nearly seems as if just when the little reticle is about to fill in and you can hit the shoulder buttons, the game jerks your cursor outside the circle.. every fucking time.

hbkdx12

I haven't tested it myself as i refuse to toture myself with the mini game but people say that if you fail you can load the last autosave and which is right before you start the next round so you don't have to deal with the whole go back to the bar and wait thing

Caode

This just gets better and better, not only did I again have to make my way back to the bar, now the opponent is down on the ground. I walked in to the bar and found him like this.

T5mo5zV.jpg

Edit: LOL ^^^ that's nothing, I was in the middle of round 6, 4th drink in and someone got robbed outside and the game just ended abruptly, he was shook so he did the same thing, in the middle of a drink!

It nearly seems as if just when the little reticle is about to fill in and you can hit the shoulder buttons, the game jerks your cursor outside the circle.. every fucking time.

Yep, it's very sensitive. Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be different levels of sensitivity depending on where you are as well. Outside of the circle, on the edge or inside. They all seem to give of different levels of resistance. That topped with it randomly moving around on it's own.

Have you gotten to the one with the single circle? That one is damn near impossible, and if you do get lucky then the next one after that is a single circle with 2 question marks. I've only made it to that one a couple times, but failed miserably.

I haven't tested it myself as i refuse to toture myself with the mini game but people say that if you fail you can load the last autosave and which is right before you start the next round so you don't have to deal with the whole go back to the bar and wait thing

Thanks for the heads up, i'll give it a try tomorrow.

Shadownet

Banned
It's not Trayvon Martin at all. There are tons of hooded black npcs in the game, there is also a randomizer so that no two civilians have the same name unless it's a common generic name like Joe Smith or Martin Lawrence. The age is completely different, the names are completely different, and the pronunciation of the names are completely different. But no no let's just pronounce the name differently to set up a non-existent connection for the sake of controversy.

I know you're probably defending the game. But in all my hours of gameplay I only encounter one black woman. Name Aisha Tyler. And one black guy called Kavon Fortin. There wasn't any white guy or fat Hispanic guy with that name.

Only a black hooded guy. Ubisoft did it on purpose and they know they been caught.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I know you're probably defending the game. But in all my hours of gameplay I only encounter one black woman. Name Aisha Tyler. And one black guy called Kavon Fortin. There wasn't any white guy or fat Hispanic guy with that name.

Only a black hooded guy. Ubisoft did it on purpose and they know they been caught.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

I've seen loads of other black/hispanic NPCs.

EDIT: You're probably joking.

soultron

Banned
Man, Act 4 is where the game gets interesting. Good stuff so far, just finished Mission 4/8 in Act 4
(Tracking down Defalt at Dot Connexion, was pretty neat to see lots of the E3 2012 stuff in there.)
. Will finish the remaining story missions tomorrow night.

Can you still complete unfinished side missions and contracts once you've beaten the game?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I think it's just under a minute.. which for impatient people like myself just makes it even more frustrating. If a crime or anything pops up nearby too you'll be locked out from starting it until you take care of the crime so keep that in mind too if you can't start the game.

If you go up to the bartender and buy two drinks, the drinking game will reset. Not sure if it's actually shorter than waiting but it sure feels like it.

Does anyone know if there's a fix for the skill reset bug? (Yeah, it happened to me (PC version)) :(

This does work - BUT be warned, my skills/levels reset to 0 from 50 after I did this several times tonight. Not sure if there's a direct connection, but maybe. So backup your saves. :(

I did get the fucking trophy though. Never touching that minigame again.

Riozaki

Banned
Is it only me or the online is broken in this game?. The only modes I can play is online hacking and tailing. I'm playing with PS4 version, do the other versions have the same issue?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Kavon Fortin isn't exactly a common name that'll show up frequently. I reiterate, the names are randomized, that includes dealers. And Aisha Tyler is an actual person. Hence the reason why there aren't any npcs showing up with that name. It's basically grasping at straws. I sincerely hope that you're joking.

Xenon

For those who are having trouble with the driving aspect of the game, have you tried using focus to navigate right turns or when you lose control? It's made a huge difference for me, especially on fixer missions.

Sojgat

For those who are having trouble with the driving aspect of the game, have you tried using focus to navigate right turns or when you lose control? It's made a huge difference for me, especially on fixer missions.

Also, try easing off the accelerator and experiment with using the handbrake (very important for turning). Learning to correct yourself quickly when you crash or get turned around is key.

Detective

So WD have been out for days now.

What do you think guys? Are you happy with the purchase?

Having a blast?

Did it deserve the hype?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So WD have been out for days now.

What do you think guys? Are you happy with the purchase?

Having a blast?

Did it deserve the hype?
Yes. It is a very solid foundation for an amazing sequel. I'm definitely ready to play around with
CTOS 2.0
I'd say this is the first game in awhile where I felt like it was worth the asking price of $60.

Top Bottom