• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Just finished the game and absolutely loved the story. Really interesting and about half way through I just stopped doing the side missions and ploughed through the story as I found it that interesting.

fasTRapid

Banned
I was thinking that too; must have been a new player. Feel free to add me to your contacts, we'll have to have a few games :D In fact, it may be worth setting up a thread for the ctOS mobile mode alone; there's great scope in it for competitions / tournaments, and it'd be nice to have a set place for sharing the videos - but I'm only a junior & can't create threads yet :/
Gotcha!

Maybe Dawg can put something in the OT, another spreadsheet, maybe?

Really surprised by how much I'm enjoying this. Went from "meh" during all the previews and lead-up hype, still "meh" after reading reviews.

Then I started watching some streams and it got me curious enough to take the dive, traded in COD and Dark Souls 2 for this the other day.

I really love how it's NOT like GTA at all, something I was kind of scared of going in. I finished all of Act I only using my gun a handful of times, definitely feels more like I'm playing a stealth game with all the sneaking around I've been doing. Hope that continues.

Story is surprisingly engaging as well.

This is what got me. I did not purchase day one, bu the streams got me interested. I am having a blast.

Another day, another instance of no Traced trophy. Sigh. Just to add insult to injury the last bit of online 'invasion' I got today was the first poxy Online Hacking in two days.

Fuck sake UbiSoft.

I think tonight I'm going to do a shit load of tailing to help out the community.

Special C

House do I use meds and what are they for? The internets are fairly silent on the matter and there's nothing really in game that tells you how to use them.

clockpunk

20 hours in, only one act completed, but nearly finished all investgations - final ctOS Tower unlocked, and... *boom* hit by the gamebreaking glitch that resets skills, clothes, and investigation progress, wiping the last few of each type from my map.

Absolutely pissed right now.

whats the balance I should maintain between side missions and the main story?

Im trying not to burn through the main story.

If you are enjoyingbthe story just burn through it. You don't want to get sidetracked for 5 hours and forget what happened in the previous story mission! Just go for it.

20 hours in, only one act completed, but nearly finished all investgations - final ctOS Tower unlocked, and... *boom* hit by the gamebreaking glitch that resets skills, clothes, and investigation progress, wiping the last few of each type from my map.

Absolutely pissed right now.
Are you on PS4? Can you retrieve a previous online save?

Grisby

"Was it my fault that got 'person' killed?"

"That's not who I am. Is it?"

Sheesh. Story isn't really doing much for me. Aiden's just bland and his relationship with his sister isn't that great.

Good thing the gameplay is keeping me busy. The moment to moment action can be pretty damn fun. Haven't been invaded much but it's tense when it happens.

clockpunk

Are you on PS4? Can you retrieve a previous online save?

Sadly no - 360 >.<

No skills, no weapon unlocks, can't even hack cameras or citizen's phones - not a single thing. Only drink, drive, do digital trips, and shoot Uplay unlocked golden magnums - but I ain't a gawd-damned rap artist!

soultron

Banned
gang hideout... I thought this might take out downtown from there too, but alas
http://a.pomf.se/expgvc.webm

in terms of "let's just try something" scenarios during typical gameplay, this is the most sastifying title I've played in a long time.

Yeah, even though it lets your reduce a smaller mission's set up down to ~10 seconds of gameplay, it's still immensely satisfying to turn out the lights and then move in and finish the job before the lights come back on.

EDIT: Grisby, spoiler that with a note of where it occurs before the spoiler tag, please.

Andrew.

Banned
The mission In Plain Sight was getting on my nerves.

Then I thought, how bout a blackout?

Simple.

Also my skill tree is maxed out and I'm right at beginning of Act 4. So much for XP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, even though it lets your reduce a smaller mission's set up down to ~10 seconds of gameplay, it's still immensely satisfying to turn out the lights and then move in and finish the job before the lights come back on.
same could be said for grenade launcher with convoys, really, it's just cool that it lets you handle it however you feel like it.

soultron

Banned
same could be said for grenade launcher with convoys, really, it's just cool that it lets you handle it however you feel like it.

Yeah, totally. There are other fun tweaks to the gameplay too, some Criminal Convoys require you to take down targets non-lethally, so you're blocked from using the grenade launcher in the case that it kills the target. The freedom (and sometimes the occasional constraint) make it a really varied experience, from my time with it so far (40 hours).

panda-zebra

I've been trying to get the traced trophy but I've only ever been tailed once, and I've reset my notoriety repeatedly. Is there anything else I can do to boost my chances?

The reset of notoriety thing I don't really buy, I can see why people say it but reading about how the game profiles you and adapts to your playing style I think this might not be the best plan. Just play the game, tail people yourself, give the game a minute to have someone invade you when you drop out from your own invasion before starting a mission or whatever.

Tried a little plan to set people up who came to invade my game and had 5 or 6 in an hour or so without doing any myself and also faffing around with the share button. Felt like I was ripe for being invaded within a minute or so of having picked up cash at the ATM. Either that or I'd passers by who were Blume Agents who would either boost my bounty or offer hacking opportunities (that I simply ignored and returned to hacking passers by and more ATM withdrawal).

My feeling is it's not just when you drop out of hacking that the game does its match-making magic, but possibly after you complete any task that takes you out of a scripted sequence and into free play (so an act in the story, a digital trip, a check in at a hot spot, an ATM withdrawal, whatever). Of course that could be complete horseshit so ymmv.

Anyway, here's the first three attempts at the setup - the first try, a swimmer who absorbed bullets and a boat tripper:

http://youtu.be/Uscy2pS1ckM
http://youtu.be/ey85_Lc2muE
http://youtu.be/fOjvZce7uVY

Playing like this was a bit boring, won't be doing it again after the experiment. Props to the guy who got me 100% when I jumped off the end of the pier to find my taxi missing - d'oh.

aro52

The mission In Plain Sight was getting on my nerves.

Then I thought, how bout a blackout?

Simple.

Also my skill tree is maxed out and I'm right at beginning of Act 4. So much for XP.

Smart. I used the "disable helicopter, take boat ride" move. :p
First attempt, I tried hiding in a garage, and the damn cops spawned inside. :/

Karak

Just finished the game and absolutely loved the story. Really interesting and about half way through I just stopped doing the side missions and ploughed through the story as I found it that interesting.

I did as well. I know it didn't resonate with everyone but for some reason it really felt good to me.

Andrew.

Banned
Smart. I used the "disable helicopter, take boat ride" move. :p
First attempt, I tried hiding in a garage, and the damn cops spawned inside. :/

At first I was just totally doing it the old-fashioned way by going on one hell of a chase and hacking the environment around me to take out cars but it would just make the situation worse.

Finally tried the blackout; ditched my car while the cops were confused as hell, jumped into another one and laid low. Didn't move. It was super tense.

So tonight I decided to do a whole bunch of Fixer Missions and Gang Hideouts and I actually got invaded without trying twice. Go figure, after I don't need it for the trophy it starts coming naturally. They must have done something server-side.

Also, decided to bench the Social Lubricant trophy for now and am going to leave it until later in case Ubisoft changes something related to it. If not I'll save the "best" for last.

This game is so much fun.

Dave1988

Got Traced today so now I'm stuck looking for Ms. Crumby for the Disc Space Full trophy XD

And then there's the drinking game.

;~;

Drewfonse

For those of you who have finished it, can you estimate a straight story run play time?

I'm curious, because a lot of people are reporting 30-40 hrs with side missions. Is 20 hrs of story too much to hope for? I'm just not much of a fan of side missions in open world games.

Another day, another instance of no Traced trophy. Sigh. Just to add insult to injury the last bit of online 'invasion' I got today was the first poxy Online Hacking in two days.

Fuck sake UbiSoft.

Got a couple of missions left to finish Act 4 (loving this act) and one song left to get for the song trophy too.

Thats the last one I need, it seems I always get hacked and never tailed

npa189

Is PC still fucked? I have no inclination to play the studdering piece of shit I fired up last week. I finally learned my lesson with Ubi PC games, just don't do it.

DukeBobby

For those of you who have finished it, can you estimate a straight story run play time?

I'm curious, because a lot of people are reporting 30-40 hrs with side missions. Is 20 hrs of story too much to hope for? I'm just not much of a fan of side missions in open world games.

The story is actually quite short. I've run through most of it in the last couple of days.

You could probably get through it in about 12 hours or so.

The platinum for this started out easy and slowly devolved into me doing menial repetitive tasks for hours, with me eventually learning the algorithms of the game in order to do it all quicker. That damn last song. :/

Still had really good time with the story (not the actual PLOT part) and the hacking turned the game into hybrid of third person shooting and environmental puzzle solving, which I personally liked a lot. Some parts of the latter areas reminded me of Alan Wake, which of course is only a good thing. I'd give the game a solid 8.5, with its main issues being the story and the game not really taking advantage of its detailed open world.

Next time, I hope Ubi gives us something to do in the online free-roam as well, other than driving in circles with friends in the side seat.

Caode

The platinum for this started out easy and slowly devolved into me doing menial repetitive tasks for hours.

I breezed through just about every trophy, got the traced one about a day after having the game... got lucky with that, got all the songs fairly quick too but this absolute motherfucker of a trophy for the drinking games will be the end of me.

Bah, stupid SongSneak and drinking games are all I have left before this gets sold. SongSneak is total crap since it's 100% random for 3 of the songs you have to get, and the only one I have left is one of those three.

Drinking games are just flat-out BS. I actually think that Ubisoft intentionally made it super boring/frustrating/hard just to spite the people going for platinum with the intention to sell it within the first few weeks. It wouldn't surprise me if they announce a patch is coming, and that it'll be shipped in a few weeks just to try and curb used-game sales for the first month or so.

MrS

Banned
Bah, stupid SongSneak and drinking games are all I have left before this gets sold. SongSneak is total crap since it's 100% random for 3 of the songs you have to get, and the only one I have left is one of those three.
I just need Bright Idea by Drew Gress. Any idea where I can get?

Andrew.

Banned
I got every song by basically just walking everywhere for the first 20 hours that I played especially going for all those hotspots. You cover basically every area of the entire map. In the end I was only missing three songs and they were the ones that are given automatically to you.

Feels good

Lizardus

HOLY FUCK those fixer mission where you have to deliver a car somewhere and a bunch of cops/thugs are in pursuit and they have infinite re spawns and they have rubber bending AI and they are a pain in the ass to kill and they are bigger pain in the ass to keep off your back if you somehow miraculously manage to lose them.

You basically have to get lucky to be able to finish those.

Mr.Fresh

So I've been playing this for the last two days and I'm loving it but man does the driving in this game suck. Hopefully for Watch_Dogs 2 they go back and do it all over.

I just need Bright Idea by Drew Gress. Any idea where I can get?

You can get that in the poker lounge in the upper-middle area of the map. You might have to sit for a while for the song to come up.

Man, if stupid Blvck And White doesn't show up, and I can't get these Drinking Games done, I may just get rid of this before I can complete it. Such a shame, too.

Andrew.

Banned
You can get that in the poker lounge in the upper-middle area of the map. You might have to sit for a while for the song to come up.

Man, if stupid Blvck And White doesn't show up, and I can't get these Drinking Games done, I may just get rid of this before I can complete it. Such a shame, too.

Getting rid of a great game because you can't get a stupid platinum trophy that is completely worthless aside from self preserving nerd ego inflation. That is what is a fucking shame dude.

Top Bottom