• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Detective

Yes. It is a very solid foundation for an amazing sequel. I'm definitely ready to play around with
CTOS 2.0
I'd say this is the first game in awhile where I felt like it was worth the asking price of $60.

Sounds good, My brother bought it on my X1 but I haven't tried it yet.

You intrigued me :D

leng jai

I'm constantly blown away by how good the visuals are even on PS4 and how polished the open world design is. What a turn around from all the pre-release downgrade negativity.

Shadownet

Banned
Getting rid of a great game because you can't get a stupid platinum trophy that is completely worthless aside from self preserving nerd ego inflation. That is what is a fucking shame dude.

OR heard me out. You get rid of it cause you already got every other trophies except that last one. Its time to trade it in. No reason to hold on to it unless you got a season pass.

But hey, you do what you like. Ima trade mine in, get $40 toward Destiny.

anyone know how long between drinking games do you have to wait?

If you win, 30 seconds in real life before the guy sober up. If you lose... Well maybe shorter or longer depends on how far the stupid game respawn you.

Shadownet

Banned
Kavon Fortin isn't exactly a common name that'll show up frequently. I reiterate, the names are randomized, that includes dealers. And Aisha Tyler is an actual person. Hence the reason why there aren't any npcs showing up with that name. It's basically grasping at straws. I sincerely hope that you're joking.

Its not a common name that show up frequently because only one black guy NPC with the hoodie has that name.

If you can find a screenshot of a white guy with that name then you've proven me wrong.

I highly doubt some Ubisoft designer put Kavon Fortin in there without at least of that sounding too familiar to Tayvon Martin.

Shadownet

Banned
So WD have been out for days now.

What do you think guys? Are you happy with the purchase?

Having a blast?

Did it deserve the hype?

Not really that happy. For $60. Wolfenstein was a better experience. I should have waited till it was $30.

Watch Dogs seem to have a great idea but not really well fleshed out. Half the side missions are copy and paste from other Ubisoft titles with minor changes, they're repetitive and boring. Characters are flat and the story, well I just ended up skipping half the cut scenes. Watching Aiden talking is even worst than Connor from AC3.

The only fun things in the game are online mode, Convoy, and the Digital trips games. Everything else felt like a chore to do.

And to answer the last question. It failed to live up to the hype. Severely.

7.8/10 at best.

Hollow

Having a blast?

Did it deserve the hype?

I think it's decent, but it get's old quick.

My first 2 hours with the game were the best but it turned into a repetitive drag that felt more like a chore to play after that.
Some real missed opportunities with some of the side mission content also.
The last mission in the "missing persons" side missions was particularly disappointing for me.

I had a lot of game breaking bugs for my playthrough that prevented me from completing certain missions that required me to have to back out and restart the game to fix the issue.
Mild campaign spoilers I suppose.

TheDude108

My first 2 hours with the game were the best but it turned into a repetitive drag that felt more like a chore to play after that.

I agree. Decent game, but I'm feeling the slog already. Doesn't feel anywhere near as polished as GTA in terms of open world gameplay.

The world itself reminds me of Mafia 2 for some reason. Just a bit stale and lifeless.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Its not a common name that show up frequently because only one black guy NPC with the hoodie has that name.

If you can find a screenshot of a white guy with that name then you've proven me wrong.

I highly doubt some Ubisoft designer put Kavon Fortin in there without at least of that sounding too familiar to Tayvon Martin.
Considering that the names are r-a-n-d-o-m-i-z-e-d that's nearly impossible to do. This is as ridiculous as "half-life 3 confirmed." Do you not realize that literally every name is randomized except for easter eggs like Aisha Tyler and important characters?

Shadownet

Banned

The last mission in the "missing persons" side missions was particularly disappointing for me.

Yup the "Missing Persons" side missions was severely disappointing.

I thought at the end I might end up confronting some terrifying serial killer. But nope, just some nerdy ass guy that you proceed to chase down and tackle.. Or fill with bullets... Just like every damn criminals you met for the last 20 hours.

The name Kavon is pronounced kav-in like kevin not kay-von like trayvon. And Fortin is a common enough surname. People need to stop with this.

Zakalwe

Banned
Not really that happy. For $60. Wolfenstein was a better experience. I should have waited till it was $30.

Watch Dogs seem to have a great idea but not really well fleshed out. Half the side missions are copy and paste from other Ubisoft titles with minor changes, they're repetitive and boring. Characters are flat and the story, well I just ended up skipping half the cut scenes. Watching Aiden talking is even worst than Connor from AC3.

The only fun things in the game are online mode, Convoy, and the Digital trips games. Everything else felt like a chore to do.

7.8/10 at best.

Agree and disagree.

Is it undercooked? Yes.
Does it live up to the hype? No.

However, for some reason I played this to completion, and spent about 20 hours in between the story stuff messing around playing MP, side missions, larking about in the open world. I almost never do this optional stuff, especially in Ubi games. For some reason it just felt compelling in WD, I think it has something to do with the way everything seems so linked together, and chaining sidemissions and main missions and random encoutners just flows so well.

The story has its moments. There are some really great parts, especially the build up to the stuff with Default, but the pay off of many of the story arcs feels anti-climatic. One particularly effective sequence that has a really intense build and pacing, ends with a generic chase and take down sequence with no no climatic interaction with the antagonist after you take them down.

Also, some of the more emotional moments feel really, flat, whereas some are quite effective. It's really inconsistent in that way.

The latter part of the game feels really uninspired too, in the campaign, as it just starts repeating mission types and throwing them at you with increasing intensity. It builds tedium, rather than effective tension.

I would have loved to have seen more character interaction in the side quests too, as it stands even the investigation stuff has very little story attached, and each feels like a collect-a-thon instead of a well thought out side-quest.

The game also looks gorgeous at times on PC, but performance isn't exactly optimal.

Mutiplayer is good. 1v1 hacking and tailing is neat, different, and the (almost) seamless integration works well. The rest of the MP package is, imo, tacked on and very underdeveloped. The mobile stuff is good, but there are a lot of connectivity issues. Free roam is fun for a while, but lack of actual engaging content aside from just roaming with a friend makes it dull, and Decryption is really basic and peopel often just quit when they're losing. Takes forever to find a match sometimes, too.

Despite all of this, from moment to moment, the game kept me engaged. There are some really good campaign missions, and some really great gameplay sections, and the open world (while it does start to repeat on you) feels alive and dense.

I'd say it's worth playing, but for me, it's not worth $60, I'd wait for a sale and nab a copy.

Kuldar

Having a blast?

Did it deserve the hype?
I'm cleary happy with my purchase. It's a lot of fun.

So far I played something like 70 hours and I'm not tired of this game. Maybe 30 hours was online only, it's really fun. The ctOS Challenge is for me the best online mode, it can be very tnse with a good table players. It's clearly not an auto-win mode.
Some side activity are great as the cash run, digital trips, chess game. It's fun. And being able to be stealthy is great. You can avoid gunshoot most of the time execpt when is mandatory by game design. Really fun to use hacking to find ennemies, trick them to look somewhere else and just past near them without them noticed.

I love this game, did I say it's a fun game?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I cant seem to find the last 1 or 2 criminal convoys, been hacking everyone like mad trying to get them to show up. Any tips?

Detective

Having a great time, maybe the most fun I had on my PS4 so far. Well worth 60$.
Crazy amount of content.

Loving it.

Played through it twice already.

It's moderately fun. Not a masterpiece but not a shit game either. Runs like shit on PC

7.8/10 at best.

I had a lot of game breaking bugs for my playthrough that prevented me from completing certain missions that required me to have to back out and restart the game to fix the issue.

I'm cleary happy with my purchase. It's a lot of fun.

So far I played something like 70 hours and I'm not tired of this game. Maybe 30 hours was online only, it's really fun. The ctOS Challenge is for me the best online mode, it can be very tnse with a good table players. It's clearly not an auto-win mode.
Some side activity are great as the cash run, digital trips, chess game. It's fun. And being able to be stealthy is great. You can avoid gunshoot most of the time execpt when is mandatory by game design. Really fun to use hacking to find ennemies, trick them to look somewhere else and just past near them without them noticed.

I love this game, did I say it's a fun game?

Thank you guys.
The overall response is positive from you.
Am not really into reviews alot, Thats why I ask my fellow gamers.

If it gets very repetitive I will interest very fast.

Thats why I dont like AC. Its so repetitive and the enemy are very stupid.

Am gonna give it a try :D

Thanks alot guys :)

Shadownet

Banned
The name Kavon is pronounced kav-in like kevin not kay-von like trayvon. And Fortin is a common enough surname. People need to stop with this.

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Kavon.html
Origin and Meaning of the Name Kavon
Meaning:N/A
Origin:American English
Pronunciation:(KAY von)

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps9dde0bcd.gif

Yeah, okay man.

Trayvon Martin
(Keep the last 3 letters in the first and last name, change everything else) = Kavon Fortin

You'll adapt and learn to like it.
And always ride a fucking motorcycle.

The acceleration sounds on the bikes though. LOL! It sounds like someone running their finger along a synth with a bad Stylophone patch installed. Bikes are ace and i'm getting used to the vehicle handling.

Damn, it felt good finishing Act I Mission 3 without firing a shot but still taking out 6 of the 10 badguys. Also i love, love, love being able to mess with traffic like GTA. Find 4-way junction, park car in middle, wait for massive tailbacks, hack traffic lights, laugh.

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Kavon.html

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps9dde0bcd.gif

Yeah, okay man.

Trayvon Martin
(Keep the last 3 letters in the first and last name, change everything else) = Kavon Fortin

Kavon is also pronounced similarly to Cavan, Kavan, Kayvan, Kayven, Kevan, Keven, Keveon, Kevin, Kevion, Kevon and Kevyn.
Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Kavon#62SKic48iwmowUDF.99

Lets just agree to disagree. I don't think they did it on purpose. You do. Thats cool.
not really
Lets move on.

Anung

Un Rama
How's the framerate been for everyone? I've done the story and most of the side quests and its been fine with very few drops below 30. Now I'm doing fixer contracts and it starts chugging badly D:

Holy shit. I'm stuck at the same bug and promptly stopped playing after an hr of figuring that out.

How did you fix the issue?

anddo0

Having a blast?

Did it deserve the hype?

I'm happy with my purchase. It's one of the better open world games I've ever played. It's a poor man's GTA, in a good way. It lacks some of the smaller details found in GTA. But, makes up for it with better main story mission structure (though GTA has a better story).

It's a ton of fun. The gunplay is satisfying, and explosions/fire is really well done.

Ubi oversold the game. It still managed to deliver a solid experience in the end though.

Kelsey

Banned
Beat this last night on PS4 but I still have 48 percent to go until completion apparently. I was doing sidequests for awhile but then the story sucked me in and I just finished it over the course of a couple nights. Story started strong, ended kinda meekly imo. Not terrible though. The whole thing, right down to his voice, felt like a complete rip of Batman. Performance wise I don't think I ever noticed any slowdown that wasn't attributable to the game saving after a mission was completed. Hated the driving at the start of the game. Hated it just as much when it was over. It's just bad. You get used to it, but that doesn't make it acceptable. Except for the tailing/hacking, online isn't fleshed out well at all. Racing is nearly unplayable, free roam is lame, and the 4v4 stuff gets old after a game or two. Hopefully next game they put more thought and time into making the online stuff more playable.

And for all the videos attempting to depict the game as a glitch-fest, I beat the game without suffering a single noticeable glitch. There are things I didn't enjoy, like small trees that can stop the biggest of trucks in their tracks, un-climbable short walls, and the inability to shop in a store or order a vehicle while in a mission, but I wouldnt call them glitches.

leng jai

There was one particular mission where the beginning chugged a bit and the tearing got nasty but that was a one off. 98% of the time the game is exceptionally smooth.

How many actual missions are there in Act V?

Anung

Un Rama
Completion is at 80%. The rest seems to be a bit of a grind so think I might punt this on. I had a proper love/hate relationship with this game. Felt very much like AC1 to me in that the concept is sound and a solid base for something better.

sjay1994

There was one particular mission where the beginning chugged a bit and the tearing got nasty but that was a one off. 98% of the time the game is exceptionally smooth.

How many actual missions are there in Act V?

Just 1. And it might be the most brilliant clusterfuck I ever played.

Anyone? Google is not being helpful :)

Certain side missions won't unlock unless you either progress far enough into the story, or complete other side missions, sometimes completing a convoy or fixer contract will open something new.

If you've finished everything else, then all you can really do is wait for it to eventually show up.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Certain side missions won't unlock unless you either progress far enough into the story, or complete other side missions, sometimes completing a convoy or fixer contract will open something new.

If you've finished everything else, then all you can really do is wait for it to eventually show up.

Thanks, I'v completed everything except the fixer contract's and ctOS breaches. I really don't want to have to do any more fixer contract's, they are no fun whatsoever and are a bit trial and error

Clockwork5

His name was Trayvon. Smh

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Just 1. And it might be the most brilliant clusterfuck I ever played.
ACT V gave me some enlightenment.
I thought to myself, "Man, this is what i've been doing i've been doing to people? This is very annoying. Hacks are OP

Messiek

I see Aiden as the "New Altair", at least I hope that WD2 would have a charismatic protagonist.
Italian Protagonist Confirmed

Spoilers...
I liked the story, but was expecting more for sure (some plot twist).
Clara was a nice character, she could be the link between this and the next game. Nicky should die, not clara. haha

I'm trying to platinum the game, but it's close to impossible.
Drinking games are annoying sometimes, and the
Get tailed 4 times
is RDN, so ...
Only this 2 trophies away ... #Believe

Top Bottom