• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Special C

I'm of the opinion to get 1000 GS or All trophies in a game you should have to complete every last inch of content and also beat the game on the highest possible difficulty. To me you haven't reached full completion on a game unless you've done both of those.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just finished Act 3 and it was pretty awesome, especially the last mission. I'm actually enjoying the campaign in this game.

edit: oh shit, just got the traced achievement and I didn't even notice lol

Did anyone else preorder Watch Dogs for Xbox 360/One through the Microsoft store to get the $15 gift card? I haven't gotten mine yet. Anyone else get theirs?

MrS

Banned
I'm of the opinion to get 1000 GS or All trophies in a game you should have to complete every last inch of content and also beat the game on the highest possible difficulty. To me you haven't reached full completion on a game unless you've done both of those.
Hmm. Many will disagree.

DukeBobby

I've been thinking about it for while, but I can't think of a single likable character in this game.

The missions are pretty good, but the story is a mess from start to finish. Kinda like Far Cry 3.

Squoig

Banned
Argh! Just found out that I have a progression blocking glitch. The last weapon cache won't appear on the map for me. I used I guide to find it, the box is there but I can't scan it or the radio.

Also I have an icon for a briefcase permanently on the map and I can't scan that either.

Fuck

Certinty

I honestly can't believe how good the side content in this game is. Like seriously, sure some things are a bit repetitive but at the end of the day all the investigations and collectibles are actually enjoyable.

Must have put 50+ hours into the game and I've only just begun the third act, absolutely loving the game. So far even the main story has my interest.

Carbonox

Just beat the story. I liked the final missions. I also like Aiden. Obviously needs more personality which I'm sure we'll get but ultimately I enjoy his presence and no nonsense bullshit. I'd be perfectly fine with him as the protagonist in Watch Dogs 2.

Plus (SPOILERS UNLESS YOU BEAT THE GAME) he's
"The Fox" now - pretty much Chicago's own vigilante superhero, haha. Lot of room for movement with this concept. Plus he's got all sorts of groups after him now. I do hope we go somewhere else though.

Overall, 9/10 game IMO. It's the most fun open-world game I've played in YEARS. Interesting story, great mechanics (though by the end of the game you've seen and done it all so a lot more diversity in the next would be welcome and it's just a joy to play. Plus it looks visually stunning in many parts (but not all - the bipolar description applies).

So far my GOTY tbh, not that that's difficult with the dross out this year.

Rocketz

Did anyone else preorder Watch Dogs for Xbox 360/One through the Microsoft store to get the $15 gift card? I haven't gotten mine yet. Anyone else get theirs?

I got mine Tuesday night. I don't know what the delay is. I had my $10 card from titanfall by that Saturday. Oh and it's not a 25 character code. You get a code that you have to redeem on the Microsoft store to then get your 25 character code for the $15.

I got mine Tuesday night. I don't know what the delay is. I had my $10 card from titanfall by that Saturday. Oh and it's not a 25 character code. You get a code that you have to redeem on the Microsoft store to then get your 25 character code for the $15.

WOW. Apparently the Microsoft store doesn't give a shit about it either. Easily the worst customer service I've ever received. Notice the time stamps between messages, too.

ckXYfM1.jpg

4rPEqRT.jpg

CNSGPeU.jpg

Instant sign-off after seeing my negative message. Sally is the worst. Can't wait to call them up to complain about not getting my code and the absolutely horrid service I received online.

Never ordering anything through them again.

I honestly can't believe how good the side content in this game is. Like seriously, sure some things are a bit repetitive but at the end of the day all the investigations and collectibles are actually enjoyable.

Must have put 50+ hours into the game and I've only just begun the third act, absolutely loving the game. So far even the main story has my interest.

Yes, there's a very stark contrast between Watch_Dogs and inFamous:SS when it comes to side content. Watch_Dogs actually makes me want to explore the world and do other things.

kanuuna

http://a.pomf.se/tzacfr.webm

Decryption is really fun when it's not shit. When it's shit though, it's really shit. Little stuff like having to tap the trigger again to continue firing after a reload when you're in the midst of a firefight and not being able to vault some objects that you clearly should be able to is infuriating - as is not being able to get in a car or vault an object if the subject isn't in the camera's field of view (ie. spinning the camera to watch your back when you're running up to jack a car doesn't work, unless you hit the prompt to enter first).

On the other hand, when things aren't desyncing like crazy, car chases can be a crazy amount of fun. The last unlock from the Decryption challenge thingy is way [too] powerful though, .webm related.

Grimsen

The Trayvon Martin story hardly made the news in Quebec, and Fortin is a super common last name. Odds are Kavon is a dev's or a dev's friend's first name or nickname.

The faux outrage on it is great, though. Carry on.

Vodh

Gotta ask, because I think the game just bugged out on me... It's about story, the end of act 3
the fight with Iraq
so I got to the roof, listened to Iraq trash talking for like a minute, killed 3 dudes, listened to Iraq for another minute and then an enforcer and Iraq showed up, both died to a single headshot from the Devastator and that was it...
Was it supposed to be that way or did I miss a few segments? Because I remember Gametrailers bitching about it in a review and I was preparing myself for a long and tedious fight and it was short and a bit weird but definitely not tedious or long...

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Just finished this last night, I really enjoyed my time with the game. Went in expecting a mediocre game due to the review and gamer backlash but it's the most fun I've had in an openworld game in years. Played on PS3 and IMO that version holds up pretty well since I'm not interested in next gen at all at this point

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

so. do we get to put this shit to rest now or is this just a parallel dimension trayvon martin.

Thank you for posting the second of only 2 screenshots I have seen with an NPC with that name.

edit: I never do this, but I would like to tweet your screenshot to The Young Turks. Their "analysis" made my blood boil. Is it okay with you if I use it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
not my screens, found them here.
ah okay, I appreciate the link. will try to ask there.
Its not too hard to think that some software designer got a twisted idea to put someone to represent Martin in as a drug dealer, hoodie wearing black guy and hope most people wont notice.
Anyone trying to claim that Trayvon Martin excuse me, Kavon Fortin reference was a coincidence or random has to be kidding themselves, no doubt one of the devs on Watch Dogs probably thought this was a funny thing to do.
I would love to hear any thoughts you guys might have on this development.

edit:
another young black male in a hoodie, first name ends in "on"... who does ubisoft think they are fooling

The Cowboy

Man i suck at finding invaders, had a few invade my game today and not found any of them :(. I honestly thought i wouldn't be into the game that much, but man is it fun on realistic mode.

MrS

Banned
Finally finished this and I have no desire to pick it up again or go for the plat. Will likely trade it in at the weekend.

Caode

Gotta ask, because I think the game just bugged out on me... It's about story, the end of act 3
the fight with Iraq
so I got to the roof, listened to Iraq trash talking for like a minute, killed 3 dudes, listened to Iraq for another minute and then an enforcer and Iraq showed up, both died to a single headshot from the Devastator and that was it...
Was it supposed to be that way or did I miss a few segments? Because I remember Gametrailers bitching about it in a review and I was preparing myself for a long and tedious fight and it was short and a bit weird but definitely not tedious or long...

No that's how it panned out for me too, devastator does the job. A few people I know didn't have that weapon though when they were on that mission and did have some trouble with it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
No that's how it panned out for me too, devastator does the job. A few people I know didn't have that weapon though when they were on that mission and did have some trouble with it.

I used the grenade launcher and had no issues. I have the devastator but never used it outside of the convoy missions or if I have to disable a vehicle without killing the people in it. That mission was equally easy and short though with the grenade launcher.

Caode

I used the grenade launcher and had no issues. I have the devastator but never used it outside of the convoy missions or if I have to disable a vehicle without killing the people in it. That mission was equally easy and short though with the grenade launcher.

I did the majority of that mission with the silenced pistol, sneaking around taking clowns out, pretty badass mission. Then I whipped out the destroyer for the final part, does some serious damage, grenade launcher is fairly powerful too though, does the job.

Hollow

Holy shit. I'm stuck at the same bug and promptly stopped playing after an hr of figuring that out.

How did you fix the issue?

I closed the game and watched Netflix instead. When I came back it saved the checkpoint and the bug was fixed so I could finish it.

Vodh

I know what was wrong with the context this entire time. All the side stuff that keeps distracting you from the story all the time makes a LOT more sense and fits much, much better when put after all the story.

I mean, I loved the game even before and all this side stuff was great, but now that I'm done with the story it really makes more sense - before, Aiden running around rescuing people and killing criminals from the convoys felt quite out of place.

Top Bottom