• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

malfcn

Things like the Leaderboards for Fixer missions really make no sense if you can't replay them. Do those open up after the story is complete?

And knowing when people are in your game is great.
This poor individual had no idea.

Pow Pow.

This was great too.
That's the way to do it.

ieatzombies

Just finished playing some online for the first time. Really addicting and tense! However, I'll just mimic everyone by saying it's extremely annoying everytime I'm about to completely hack someone, they disconnect with no penalty or the points that I gained up to that point rewarded to me. It's really bs.

Shadownet

Banned
Just finished the campaign. That long ass unskipable credits. *sigh* going to finish off the Fixers missions, and some other stuff and I'm done. wont even try touching the drinking game again. F DAT! The third part of the campaign was better than the 1st two, by far.

Pretty much once you meet T-Bone its when shits get interesting.

Rosur

Just finished the campaign. That long ass unskipable credits. *sigh* going to finish off the Fixers missions, and some other stuff and I'm done. wont even try touching the drinking game again. F DAT! The third part of the campaign was better than the 1st two, by far.

Pretty much once you meet T-Bone its when shits get interesting.

Assuming u meet t-bone in act III?

I've just completed Act II reckon it should of been split into two Acts was a bit long... Though enjoyed the last couple of missions.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
I thought I would enjoy this game...

I had fun for like 15 hours, mixing everything up like doing contracts, side missions, online missions, completed two acts...then I just lost interest. Game is really really flat. The world is...empty. After being spoiled by GTAV and ACIV...this game just sucks for me...

Good thing I traded it in at Gamestop for $40...lol. So I basically only paid $20 for this game. Still feel cheated. Idk, the shooting in the game is fine. The world is just flat, not dynamic. The hacking is really gimmicky, gets old very fast. I'm looking forward to AC Unity. Hopefully that is even better than ACIV.

malfcn

So the other day it was saying of fail an invasion for attacking, even when I didn't. Had someone attack me and it said they successfully invaded. Why and how.

T-Bone has to be the lamest character i've seen in a game for a long, long time... just unbearable. In fact nearly all of the side characters are dipshits, its as if ubisoft are trying to challenge sucker punch as to who can create the more infuriating cast of wankers.

Shadownet

Banned
Assuming u meet t-bone in act III?

I've just completed Act II reckon it should of been split into two Acts was a bit long... Though enjoyed the last couple of missions.

Yeah act II is ridiculously long. While III and IV are short..

So glad that when I trade this into GameStop, I only paid $10 for it. Which is what I should have done. Wait for a Steam sale 6 months-1 year down the road.

So much hype, so much disappointment.

Yasae

Banned
This game would definitely have more legs if the multiplayer was rock solid. I've taken a small break from WD and am waiting to see if the patch does anything significant. Not holding my breath, but you never know...
malfcn said:
I see a few memories on the map. Are those story based? Curious, but don't want to get too ahead.
They replay important flashback scenes, nothing you haven't already watched once AFAIK.

Just started playing it and I gotta say I am really enjoying this game quite a lot. Graphics for PS4 version are great, Love the hacking and just the freedom to do just about anything

Kinda dig the buffering distortion effect on certain cutscenes...They are edited quite well

Relly

Banned
there kind of is, if you know you've been invaded before the hack begins, you can start an online contract and be shown their basic location.

Wow that needs to be fixed. I was wondering why players would just pause for 10 seconds without using their profiler..

Ubisoft needs to fix this asap...
(Runs and plays WD to try this)

Boss Mog

I can't believe that some reviews dissed the side quests. I just did a Gang Hideout in Pawnee where you gotta knock out three guys on this multi-level cargo dock and honestly I had more fun clearing that than I did in any GTA V story mission.

Horse

Banned
I now have a PSN ID which means I can finally play my PS4. This game sounds splendid.

Am I at risk of being invaded straight away? sounds scary.

Sojgat

Boss★Moogle;114986539 said:
I can't believe that some reviews dissed the side quests. I just did a Gang Hideout in Pawnee where you gotta knock out three guys on this multi-level cargo dock and honestly I had more fun clearing that than I did in any GTA V story mission.

Agreed.

GlamFM

Banned

Fun mission, unfortunately it was kind of bugged for me. I had to do it super fast because one of the guys always killed himself after a while or some reason.

WITHE1982

Sooo... I tried my first mission where I had to pick up a specific car and deliver it somewhere after losing a bunch of cops.
Is there a special strategy involved or do I just mindlessly drive around and try to lose them? I usually get rid of them the first time but they then find me again and come at me with helicopters at which point I am unable to hide.
Any hints?

Jam Comms is pretty much my go to hacking tool for evading police. It knocks out Ctos access when they are tracking you and gives you some time to get outa dodge/hide in an alley.

I use it more than any other hack. It's also ideal in firefights to stop reinforcements being called.

The drinking game is challenging but not insurmountable.

The biggest tip is when trying to keep the cursor in the circle, do not push the sticks all the way to the edge. This makes it very hard to adjust direction and it makes you push at full force. You need to keep the stick near the centre in order to make very subtle corrections.

Carbonox

T-Bone has to be the lamest character i've seen in a game for a long, long time... just unbearable. In fact nearly all of the side characters are dipshits, its as if ubisoft are trying to challenge sucker punch as to who can create the more infuriating cast of wankers.

I quite liked the cast. No one annoyed me - they just weren't fleshed out very well with many blank spots.

I'm more interested to know Aiden's history. His hacking skills I can understand but his fighting/gun prowess - that's something I'd love to know how he came about being a tech-savvy Solid Snake. :lol Was he in some special forces at one point in his life? etc. etc.

Too many questions but I hope we get some more on him in particular in WD2.

I thought the game was pretty poor when I first started playing it, was thinking of trading it in but I've just completed Act 2 and I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot more :) good stuff . GTA V is the open world king in my eyes but damn this series has a lot of potential, be really interesting to see what they do with the sequel .

tehPete

Banned
Awesome! Keep 'em coming.

This was one of my better ctOS mobile matches from last night; vs. cheeserepair, from the Dashcam -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i8mlPkrndw

I lost this one (another schoolboy error), but it was great fun and looks fantastic from the dashcam; my win ratio is probably around 50/50. Fun losses > easy wins :)

For those that are interested, I've thrown together a public Google doc for sharing IDs & other bits for ctOS Mobile fun, just click the image below :)

Andrew.

Banned
Finished it last night. The final mission was surprisingly easy and boy did it go by quick.

All in all the game had to have taken me 60 hours or a little more. Finished with 80.5% completion.

Thoroughly enjoyed the story, but my biggest gripe was as soon as I was getting balls deep into the characters, everything ended. Also,
Aiden's lack of any sort of words of encouragement or an actual heartfelt goodbye to Jackson was fucking pathetic

Once again, the game desperately needs some sort of mission replay feature. I would LOVE to romp through certain parts of Acts 2 and 3 again and I really, really dont want to start all over again just to do that. Im sure Ill play it again, but it wont be any time soon.

Cant wait for the sequel
ctOS 2.0 motherfucker! Perhaps taking place in a few cities across the world?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow that needs to be fixed. I was wondering why players would just pause for 10 seconds without using their profiler..

Ubisoft needs to fix this asap...
(Runs and plays WD to try this)
I don't like it either, but whatever. I've still run into enough opportunities where people don't realize I've invaded them for the mode to remain fun. I do think it should be altered, though. Twice when I used the trick, I found and killed the hacker in under 15 seconds. Felt dirty.

my last contributions to putting this nonsense to bed, but for whatever reason this whole Trayvon thing really got to me. Maybe it's a function of the event happening in my backyard so to speak, but I see enough disgusting references to it in real life to be forced to entertain illusionary ones. Just keeping my eyes peeled during a 45 minute session last night:
Bpjtgle.png
6g4Q0Zx.jpg
I also noticed in the comments on one story about this thing (and confirmed on LinkedIn) that one of Ubi Montreal's 3D animators is Louis-Vincent Fortin.

If anyone who claimed they were sure one of their employees put the Kavon Fortin "easter egg" into the game on purpose is still buying into it I'd be fascinated to know :-/

SoulClap

Sooo... I tried my first mission where I had to pick up a specific car and deliver it somewhere after losing a bunch of cops.
Is there a special strategy involved or do I just mindlessly drive around and try to lose them? I usually get rid of them the first time but they then find me again and come at me with helicopters at which point I am unable to hide.
Any hints?

The easy way out is jumping in the water and losing the chopper with a boat. There are no cops in boats.

Is it just me or are both online racing & decryption mode almost unplayable due to lag and framerate drop ?
It also takes a very long time to find a match....

But other modes like tailing, invasions and CtOS are working flawlessly.

The combat in this game... people need to realize how fucking fantastic it is.

Hacking really opens up so many ways to tackle combat. I've been loving it. I've been mostly focused on distraction with melee takedowns, but gunplay and explosives are a lot of fun, too.
Really feel like there is no guided way to do a mission.

DukeBobby

Maybe they were dissing the investigations, where you have to scan/hack a certain number of things, only to be rewarded with a terrible extra mission with no real payoff.

educator

Bought the game two days ago and im halfway through act 2. Enjoying it so far, but it obviously doesn't live up to the hype I had. Still a good game though.

On the negative side, the soundtrack is really dull and boring. No memorable songs (except 2-3) wish is really lousy. Not much to do about that unfortunately.

Gvaz

Banned
I bought this game and season pass, yet here i am playing zero's last escape instead and I can't be arsed to do anything with this game

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hacking really opens up so many ways to tackle combat. I've been loving it. I've been mostly focused on distraction with melee takedowns, but gunplay and explosives are a lot of fun, too.
Really feel like there is no guided way to do a mission.
I am rather fond of the Blackout -> everyone is unconscious or crippled when the lights come back on approach

hbkdx12

Exactly how effective is blackout in combat? I never used it

Does it completely make you invisible at night or does it just limit their line of sight? Does it alter their patterns/routines?

Top Bottom