• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Furyous

Finally beat that last weapon trade mission.
I had to get used to firing the silenced AR, tossing grenades and using IEDs. Apparently, you can buy proximity IEDs before unlocking them. I had a lot of fun using the grenade launcher to blow up cars full of enforcers.

Still on Act 1. I keep saying to myself, do the next mission, to stop hearing the same conversation over and over but I end up heading into an invasion instead.

Randdalf

So I'm at the end credits but the game just stops doing anything after a while into them, no new credits or videos appear, but the city is still animated in the background. Is this a known bug? I can't even go to the pause menu. I'm on PC by the way.

Nemesis_

Nobody is invading me anymore post-game, and I need to be tailed two more times for an achievement. Anyone know why? I feel like it only triggers if I attempt to start a mission and I obviously have none left ._.

Reszo

Is there any other way to cause a blackout? I ask because I just backed in to a wall with a car and I don't know what I hit but it caused a blackout. I though i used one of my hacks but I didn't. It was in the alley after you kill the fixers before you meet
Damien

ttech10

Gotta ask, because I think the game just bugged out on me... It's about story, the end of act 3
the fight with Iraq
so I got to the roof, listened to Iraq trash talking for like a minute, killed 3 dudes, listened to Iraq for another minute and then an enforcer and Iraq showed up, both died to a single headshot from the Devastator and that was it...
Was it supposed to be that way or did I miss a few segments? Because I remember Gametrailers bitching about it in a review and I was preparing myself for a long and tedious fight and it was short and a bit weird but definitely not tedious or long...

Yea that part was the easiest part of the game.
The enforcer I took out with a takedown and then with Iraq I just popped up from behind cover and blasted him numerous times with one of the auto shotguns. They never stood a chance.

Is there any other way to cause a blackout? I ask because I just backed in to a wall with a car and I don't know what I hit but it caused a blackout. I though i used one of my hacks but I didn't. It was in the alley after you kill the fixers before you meet Damien

Blowing up a transformer causes a blackout, I used skill points to be able to do that but I guess crashing into one could also do it?

Dead

well not really...yet
Criminal Convoys are so satisfying when everything works for you. Street hacks, ied's, blackout, grenade launcher. Add in a requirement not to kill the target and you end up with some kind of awesome hacker/kill'em all version of mouse trap

i love this game.

Relly

Banned
Are people finding ways to cheat when you invade them online? 3 plays in a row, the person comes to my exact hiding spot within seconds.. Well one of them was at 93% which is more annoying..

I pick good spots, not obvious ones. Am I popping up on their minimap? I've had instances where I'm being invaded and every 25% transition gave me a hint to where he was until I ultimately found him in the highway above me.. There was a yellow trail with an arrow pointing up.

Maybe for using their profiler? Rank?

On ps4

Dead

well not really...yet
Are people finding ways to cheat when you invade them online? 3 plays in a row, the person comes to my exact hiding spot within seconds.. Well one of them was at 93% which is more annoying..

I pick good spots, not obvious ones. Am I popping up on their minimap? I've had instances where I'm being invaded and every 25% transition gave me a hint to where he was until I ultimately found him in the highway above me.. There was a yellow trail with an arrow pointing up.

On ps4
I dunno, I just think "where would I hide"

Ive found dude's in some insane hiding places that I bet most people would never bother to look. Last invasion this guy was hiding behind some flowers that completely hid him from sight, he was so sure of himself that when I found him, he didn't even have time to move.

Nemesis_

Is the scanproof achievement bugged? I just escaped two 5 star wanted levels and didn't get it.

A scan and a police pursuit are different things.

I just killed people until my heat was Level 5, but you can't let a phone call get out in that time. Once you hit Level 5, let someone call the cops succesfully and they'll start the scan. Escape it to get the achievement.

Create a private free roam session if you don't want to reduce your rep or whatever.

RyudBoy

A scan and a police pursuit are different things.

I just killed people until my heat was Level 5, but you can't let a phone call get out in that time. Once you hit Level 5, let someone call the cops succesfully and they'll start the scan. Escape it to get the achievement.

Create a private free roam session if you don't want to reduce your rep or whatever.

Oh I see, no wonder. Thanks for clearing that up.

ev0

Nobody is invading me anymore post-game, and I need to be tailed two more times for an achievement. Anyone know why? I feel like it only triggers if I attempt to start a mission and I obviously have none left ._.

It was amusing for me, coming right after the credits I got invaded. I was like what?

Vodh

No that's how it panned out for me too, devastator does the job. A few people I know didn't have that weapon though when they were on that mission and did have some trouble with it.

Yea that part was the easiest part of the game.
The enforcer I took out with a takedown and then with Iraq I just popped up from behind cover and blasted him numerous times with one of the auto shotguns. They never stood a chance.

Thanks. I was wondering if the game glitched out on me
Since the way Iraq's dialogue was structured suggested he could have been trash-talking when some segment of the fight that didn't load properly was loading

Also, about the 'get tailed 5 times' trophy, is that a hidden trophy on PS4? I have exactly 1 of those and I can't find the 'get tailed' one anywhere, so it has to be, right?

Shadownet

Banned
two really low standards...

Every game I bought. I at least finished the campaign to get my money worth. Then I trade it in.

Sorry if I should just throw my money away by not playing it at the very least.

Final Fantasy XIII is pretty low. So yes that's my standard in judging a game. If its better than that mess, then I'll finish it.

Last mission is cool but fucken annoying.
I stopped playing at that point. Wiped it off my PS4 to be sure.

I guess it was fitting that it was the final straw. Kindof wish I could have been a fly on the wall for whatever meeting where the idea behind it was pitched and everybody nodded their head and went "Sure, OK, that sounds good".

ttech10

Since the way Iraq's dialogue was structured suggested he could have been trash-talking when some segment of the fight that didn't load properly was loading

Also, about the 'get tailed 5 times' trophy, is that a hidden trophy on PS4? I have exactly 1 of those and I can't find the 'get tailed' one anywhere, so it has to be, right?

I think it is, near the bottom of the trophy list between Freeware and Clear Signals.

Caode

Yeah that's one of the hidden trophies... and one of the more absurd trophies too.

Vodh

I was trying to get successfully tailed a few times today - found my invader, phone safe in my pocket, ran up to him, he started running away slowly, 'I'm just an NPC' style, so I caught up to him, started running in circles around him - he stopped. I pulled out a gun, shot a few times in the air... He pulled out a gun, didn't shoot... Then he takes off - I'm still at his heels, man, this getting tailed stuff is fun!

Installing backdoor initialized... Guy ends up with a bullet in his head... I thought we understood each other...

TTG

What's the best side story/quest to get into? Out of the stolen gun crate missions, women trafficking, general fixer contracts, investigations and whatever else I'm forgetting about, which would you recommend?

DukeBobby

What's the best side story/quest to get into? Out of the stolen gun crate missions, women trafficking, general fixer contracts, investigations and whatever else I'm forgetting about, which would you recommend?

The gun crates investigation is the only one that has a decent payoff, so that one.

njean777

Some guy tried to invade me today and when he did he ran was in a car and smashed into some citizens. He certainly didn't try to hide so I just pulled out my silenced pistol and killed him. I laughed at his failed attempt.

Tohsaka

Jesus, this game is buggy as fuck. I was attempting the Pawnee drinking game for probably the 20th time, as it's the last thing I need to finish for the platinum trophy, and upon reloading my save all my money was gone and my skills were reset. This is the second time I've completely lost progress, the first was near the beginning of the game, fortunately. I'm so glad I almost have the platinum trophy because despite being IMO a really good game, the bugs and lack of response from Ubisoft on their forums is disgusting.

So, my NAT is type 1, but whenever I get online I get messages about not being able to join online games.... anyone else having this problem?

I love getting invaded. I wish you could make it happen more often, a setting of sorts. Normal, which is what it's set to now, or high, where you pretty much get invaded every 10 minutes or so for those of us who just want to get invaded.

So, my NAT is type 1, but whenever I get online I get messages about not being able to join online games.... anyone else having this problem?

Nat type 1 isn't ideal with Ubi games. They're servers are, not great.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.a...=1979&productid=2841&faqid=kA030000000eem6CAA

See if this helps.

I love getting invaded. I wish you could make it happen more often, a setting of sorts. Normal, which is what it's set to now, or high, where you pretty much get invaded every 10 minutes or so for those of us who just want to get invaded.

Nat type 1 isn't ideal with Ubi games. They're servers are, not great.

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/FAQ.a...=1979&productid=2841&faqid=kA030000000eem6CAA

See if this helps.
Thanks for the link... I have uverse, so upnp is off the table, unfortunately. My ps4 is in the dmz though... I've contacted their support. Maybe they'll be able to help. Strange though that this is the only game I've had trouble with so far

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

On ps4
there kind of is, if you know you've been invaded before the hack begins, you can start an online contract and be shown their basic location.

I was trying to get successfully tailed a few times today - found my invader, phone safe in my pocket, ran up to him, he started running away slowly, 'I'm just an NPC' style, so I caught up to him, started running in circles around him - he stopped. I pulled out a gun, shot a few times in the air... He pulled out a gun, didn't shoot... Then he takes off - I'm still at his heels, man, this getting tailed stuff is fun!

Installing backdoor initialized... Guy ends up with a bullet in his head... I thought we understood each other...

I'll have to try that, sounds fun.

I was setting myself up as bait and trapping invaders to chase me into the northern High-Stakes Poker location in the Loop.

The one in the underground, it has one small door as a surface level entrance at the end of a dead end alley with a long staircase down underground where the poker table is, and one exit door with a guard/ai standing outside.

IF you just hang around hacking blume agents you can run in there and set proximity IEDs along the entrance walls and hide behind the bar counter waiting for the invader to open the door and die instantly.

It worked 3 times for me today, hook line and sinker. once the other invader knew about it so he just hung around the underground entrance in his car honking at me, so i had my motorcycle stashed inside and got in it and honked back, he never entered and timed out. jaja

The key is to not walk inside for them to chase after you, as it will leave the door open as a clear sign that it was your entrance. Instead ride a motorcycle through the door slowly and the door will shut behind you. Then run either up or downstairs to the other exit and set a proximy IED next to it so they dont come in behind you, run back to your bait entrance and set a normal IED and play the waiting game. JAJA

malfcn

Does anyone give the Hotspots a moment of their time?
Occasionally I will read the history, or scope around a bit at a possible view.

But most of the time I run up, check in and run off..

Chitown B

I don't fucking understand some of these mob jobs. Sometimes one shot kills guys, sometimes you just keep shooting them 6-7 times and they don't go down. Sometimes it says the bosses have died yet you haven't even seen them yet. It's really hard to be sneaky and shoot guy if sometimes they don't die with 1-2 shots. Then you have guy appear behind you who were never there, and they are also bullet sponges. It's impossible.

Just finished Act III. Liked the last mission in that. Just went on a rampage. I liked
Iraq's voice actor as he loses it at the end

Dat Act IV twist. Didn't expect that.

seriously fuck this shit. I'm going the Mad Mile mob takedown, and I've literally played this 15 times in a row and keep dying. There's no way to hide bodies, so once someone gets killed, eventually they are found and everyone comes for you. This game pretends like it wants you to play stealth, but it really gives you almost zero options unless you can hack everything from a camera.

I've played next to nothing of the campaign in the week I've owned it because I'm addicted to invasions but can't you use lures and things to keep guards away from areas you don't want them to venture into?

Dead

well not really...yet
Just finished Act III. Liked the last mission in that. Just went on a rampage. I liked
Iraq's voice actor as he loses it at the end

Dat Act IV twist. Didn't expect that.
Id been expecting it actually lol, wasn't surprised and seemed to be hinted at pretty heavily.

ttech10

I didn't really feel too drawn into any of them. They were the bare basics for the most part and just had no real story other than some short dialogue. The gun crates are the only one that had a decent ending mission.

I may have asked this before but I don't think I got a response. Is the input lag on this game pretty poor? I'm having a tough time handling the cars and I'm thinking of upgrading my tv.

SeanNoonan

That 'Collateral' mission was pretty damn fun. Probably my favorite so far.
Thanks, glad you liked it! ;D

Has anyone had any success playing Decryption Combat with friends (PS4)?

I may have asked this before but I don't think I got a response. Is the input lag on this game pretty poor? I'm having a tough time handling the cars and I'm thinking of upgrading my tv.
Make sure you're running your TV in game mode - I accidentally switched that off when playing Wolfenstein recently and wondered why it felt so broken.

Thanks, glad you liked it! ;D

Has anyone had any success playing Decryption Combat with friends (PS4)?

Make sure you're running your TV in game mode - I accidentally switched that off when playing Wolfenstein recently and wondered why it felt so broken.

Yeah I only play in game mode when gaming :). I can tolerate some lag but this game is on a whole new level.

Sojgat

I've played next to nothing of the campaign in the week I've owned it because I'm addicted to invasions but can't you use lures and things to keep guards away from areas you don't want them to venture into?

Exactly. You can carry 20 of them plus crafting parts to make more. Using point-to-point cover makes it possible to stay hidden from enemies, even if you briefly pass into their line of sight (tip: hold the run button during cover transitions to move faster and slide into cover).

Stealth is a viable option a lot of the time. You can ghost gang hideouts (apart from the target), ctOS control centres, and even a number of the story missions.

Kuldar

On topic, gang hideouts are really good. I love stealthing through them with nothing but baton takedowns.
Baton takedown for the win. I made every gang hideouts and most of the main story only with it. So rewarding to find a path through the ennemies and taking down the boss then escaping without being noticed.

Yes but they have story stuff going on during them so it's cool with me
Yeah actually I find their credits was well done for some Ubisoft credits.

KeRaSh

Sooo... I tried my first mission where I had to pick up a specific car and deliver it somewhere after losing a bunch of cops.
Is there a special strategy involved or do I just mindlessly drive around and try to lose them? I usually get rid of them the first time but they then find me again and come at me with helicopters at which point I am unable to hide.
Any hints?

I invaded a guy who was at the lighthouse when I entered the game. I never stood a chance: http://tinyurl.com/ke5gdth

Later, I hacked some guy and hid under the roadway. Spot was fantastic. No cameras and only a few ways down. He never found me. Immediately afterward I tried to fast travel but was alerted someone was in my game. I kept hiding in the same so the invader had to come find me. Poor girl: http://tinyurl.com/mzthgjp

Sojgat

Sooo... I tried my first mission where I had to pick up a specific car and deliver it somewhere after losing a bunch of cops.
Is there a special strategy involved or do I just mindlessly drive around and try to lose them? I usually get rid of them the first time but they then find me again and come at me with helicopters at which point I am unable to hide.
Any hints?

Basically, it's helpful to play like you're in the opening sequence of the movie Drive:

- Pay attention to the mini map.
- Use hacks to disable and slow them down (traffic lights, steam pipes, barriers, etc).
- Cut through alleyways and and use overhead cover, don't try to just out race them on straights because their cars are awesome.
- Get out of their line of sight and find somewhere out of range to hide in your car. Wait for them to pass, then keep moving before they find you.
- Unlocking the hacks that disable their choppers and ctOS scans are a big help. The Blackout is also super useful at night.

Top Bottom