• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

soultron

Banned
Which one?

Sometimes you have to get pretty far away from them in order to get the right angle. Once you find the "segments," try to line them up and just keep moving farther away until you find the camera that works. Also, don't be afraid to look REALLY HIGH up the tops of buildings if you can't find it with the normal in-game camera.

sjay1994

0w0nwNB.jpg

Hehehe

Ha

ksdixon

my brother and i sat here playing on ps4 and slowly getting pissed off. we cant even find the guy who says hes going round to his girlfriends who ruined him.

plus characters are litterally disappearing into thin air when we walk by them, this cant be normal

Hacking has turned to shit recently. People jack up their bounty to lure people in while they sit and wait in impossible to reach (without being seen) places. They have figured out places where no camera can reach and where they can just sit and observe the only slim entrance for any sucker that dare invade them.

EDIT: Also you're supposed to be able to leave without punishment when the person being invaded is not "aware" but the criteria for that seem to be sketchy at best. There should really be some sort of indicator for if they're aware or not.

Matush

After 4 days of playing Watch_Dogs around 7-8 hours every day, I have to say I'm hugely disappointed by it. I tried to have my expectations low and wasn't as hyped for it as after first Demo in 2012, but I didn't expect to not to enjoy this game almost at all.

Aiden is one of, if not the most unsympathetic and boring main character I have ever played. Voice actor and his performace didn't help it either. His intentions and dialogue were laughably bad.

Ubisoft's stories in open-world games are standardly bad (last 2 or 3 AC's, Far Cry 3), but damn, that was shitty. I bashed GTA V for not having good story last year, but compared to this, it was "amazing". I didn't care at all about any character (
really Ubisoft, only 5 or 6 main characters throughout the whole game, really?
) and
Clara's death left me unmoved.
(endgame spoilers)

Gameplay was "okay" I guess, if anyone would told me, that this is Assassin's Creed V, I would have believed him as you could definitely see impact of AC and Far Cry (ctOS towers = towers/viewpoints, courier missions = Fixer Contracts) Hacking lost it's charm in second or third hour of playing as it was just "pushing the button" (for the love of God I could not understand why he didn't push button in evevators, but had to hack them), there were some cool moments with it and some missions/gang hideouts utulized it pretty good. QR codes and Privacy Invasion were interesting at first, but after a while, it was the same. This is my main reason, why I didn't, don't enjoy Watch_Dogs as much as GTA V pre se.

GTA V had, dare I say, amazing side-missions that were almost everytime unique and I didn't know what to expect the next time I saw "?" on the map. Here, I just roll my eyes from clustered map with hundreds of boring side activities that got boring really fast. Main missions were forgettable, I think I remember like 3 or 4 of them and there never was "holy shit that's amazing" moment that I got 9 months ago with GTA V.

Same goes with radios, sorry, tracklist (which was horrible decision in my opinion). Most of the time I turned the music completely off , since I only liked around 5 or 6 songs. But I have to say, original music was pretty badass from time to time.

And for the last, graphics. After huge "donwgradaton" threads I expected something horrible, but I was pretty suprised with it (PS4 version). Sure, day stuff looks rough from time to time, but night/sunrisies with rain looks just mindblowing, I can't imagine what R* will do with all this power under the hood of PS4/Xbox One. Also, forgot to mention how city was alive all the time with all the pedestrians and cars (something that GTA V lacked b/c of last-gen RAM limitation), but Chicago was boring city to explore and can't be compared to V at all. Watch_Dogs = more alive without atmosphere, V vice versa.

TLDR, boring game with good concept (same as first Assassin's Creed), but it failed to deliver something different enough from AC, or Far Cry to be considered "mindblowing/fresh". Missions and side-mission is usual stuff for Ubisoft games, story and characters were crap. I would give it 6,5-7/10.

Also, LOL @ 2 months are enough to visit Los Santos tagline last year, GTA V is leagues better and now I can truly appreciate Rockstar for all the hard work they put into their game.

EDIT: Multiplayer aspect is probably the most fun I've had in the game, hacking/observing is pretty cool and I got a few laughs out of it.

How far do you have to get to unlock the ability to hack, and have others hack, other's games/your game???

Also, what am I doing wrong on one of the first mission tasks where you cross the bridge and have to "find the worker with security access"? I enter the construction area and the yellow marker disappears.

You missed the glory days of the Hacking MP where no one you invaded knew what was going on.

Oh come on Gaz, we both know I didn't miss it. It was great the first few days. Now after finishing single player and the game having been out for a while the hacking has really been hell.

Btw, did you ever reach #1 on PS4?

/your third twitch follower and first (and only?) mod.

My game seems to be bugged. I'm in act 2 and just went to mad mile but I can't do anything until I do the CTOS, the ctos mission icon just keeps blinking and I can't start it =\

Gaz_RB

Oh come on Gaz, we both know I didn't miss it. It was great the first few days. Now after finishing single player and the game having been out for a while the hacking has really been hell.

Btw, did you ever reach #1 on PS4?

/your third twitch follower and first (and only?) mod.

I didn't realize you were actually playing the MP then! And the highest I made it was #2. #1 was outrageous haha.

Thanks for modding by the way :D

As much as it scares me...the weekly email from Uplay with a synopsis of my week in Chicago vigilantizing is rather nifty...centralised info in my OCD...lol

How are you getting this? I got an email titled "Welcome to Watch_Dogs" that had a link to access my personal data, but the site it takes you to just has general info on the game.

How are you getting this? I got an email titled "Welcome to Watch_Dogs" that had a link to access my personal data, but the site it takes you to just has general info on the game.

A few days ago I got an email with tons of stats in it, including time played which I can't find in game.. I never did anything to sign up for it.

I'm having the same issue with this game as I did with GTAV. Loving the world and the amount of stuff to do, but struggling greatly with the controls. Does anyone else feel anxious and almost claustrophobic when playing 3rd person games like this? I know it sounds weird, but I'm experiencing it Wildstar a bit also. Been playing games 25+ years and don't remember this happening.

Anyways, I wonder how much work it would take to add a first person view to games like this and GTA. Think it would make the game more enjoyable for some people.

I didn't realize you were actually playing the MP then! And the highest I made it was #2. #1 was outrageous haha.

Thanks for modding by the way :D

I got to about 60-70 or so on Xbox, pretty good but not close to top 10 lol!

Anyway I'm done with MP now. I'm thinking of doing the last of the fixer missions (at 21/40 right now) and then I'm pretty much done with the entire game.

Spoo

So I just recently started playing the larger online matches and... what a wreck. The performance takes a nosedive -- sub 20fps, 20 at best. The worst part? After the online match ends my frames in SP roam stay that way until I reload. Anyone else experience this?

Xenon

I'm on act II and things around the city are starting to go a little crazy. Cars just crashing into sit randomly. Tragic lights blinking even though I wasn't even in the area previously. The last thing I saw was a big truck weaving back and forth across the highway. People are losing their minds.

A few days ago I got an email with tons of stats in it, including time played which I can't find in game.. I never did anything to sign up for it.

Hmm. Well that email I mentioned seemed to be about stats but it links incorrectly, so hopefully they'll figure it out and send out another one.

I'm on act II and things around the city are starting to go a little crazy. Cars just crashing into sit randomly. Tragic lights blinking even though I wasn't even in the area previously. The last thing I saw was a big truck weaving back and forth across the highway. People are losing their minds.

I'm in Act 1 and people are crashing into each other on almost every corner sometimes. I just finished a round of the drinking game and heard two cars explode around the block.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I'll have to try that more often to root them out before I get into the terrible defense areas, thanks.

For every shitty encounter where there are 100s of hiding spots and you just can't find someone or they hide in a car and your stupid phone glosses over the hacker for no good reason at all while you're jogging around there are those invasions where you send the hacker away on a train outside the area and break his connection to your phone or randomly blow up cars on the street to try and flush them out and accidentally throw a buick through someones face as they hide on the other side like a lil bitch.

It most definitely has it's ups and downs. I found that hacking other people repeatedly for a few days gave me a LOT of insight into how/where people might hide and what to do when the invasion kicks off.

It feels like a really good start to a mechanic that could eventually turn into something great in a future game (AC: unity perhaps...)

Vodh

I think it's total shit.

Driving in SR4/3 is much better

Haven't played SR4, but to me driving in SR3 felt like absolute garbage.

Loved GTA V driving, Watch_Dogs took a bit of getting used to but once I did I love it too (although not as much as GTA V). To each their own I suppose.

Pimpbaa

Someone invades my game last night and starts hacking. I'm running all over the place trying to find him. The hack gets to 97% and I use jam comms to stop it and then finally find him and kill him instantly. He must have been raging after that. A good trick someone was doing against me the other night was continually causing blackouts and hiding in an alley where it was pitch black. Also it's amazing how well hiding in a parked car on the side of the road works against a lot of people.

Ok so I have a glitch which isnt letting me finish a story mission mission. Its on act 3 mission 5.

Spoilers
Its the mission where you are with T-Bone at his junkyard and you have to protect him. I keep killing all the people then it says regroup with T-Bone, yet he just stays in cover the whole time and wont go anywhere. Ive killed myself, restarted the mission and it keeps doing the same thing.

Anyone else having this problem? Its rather annoying, and tried this mission like 10 times already and im just getting the same results. Ps4 version btw.

The Cowboy

Had a great invasion just before i finished my last session, the hacker only got to 2/3%,. I got the warning as i was about to unlock a tower and ran around the nearest corner,1st profile was the hacker and the 1st shotgun blast took his/her head clean off - LOL.

I love this game.

Ok so I have a glitch which isnt letting me finish a story mission mission. Its on act 3 mission 5.

Spoilers
Its the mission where you are with T-Bone at his junkyard and you have to protect him. I keep killing all the people then it says regroup with T-Bone, yet he just stays in cover the whole time and wont go anywhere. Ive killed myself, restarted the mission and it keeps doing the same thing.

Anyone else having this problem? Its rather annoying, and tried this mission like 10 times already and im just getting the same results. Ps4 version btw.

close the game on pc and reopen it, do the same on console, it's the only fix I've read of. I just hit that bug too, hated it.

Gaz_RB

I got to about 60-70 or so on Xbox, pretty good but not close to top 10 lol!

Anyway I'm done with MP now. I'm thinking of doing the last of the fixer missions (at 21/40 right now) and then I'm pretty much done with the entire game.

Pretty much the same. Gonna play through the game again to play some of the more awesome missions, then I'm shelving it. Really crossing my fingers that we get some stealth releases during E3 because I'm running out of stuff to play haha.

Holy shit, Poppys face looks absolutely incredible in this. Same goes for Clara.

Clara is pretty hot... I wish they used her more often in the story.

Evil Beaver

Something about Maurice:

In the burner phones it's stated that his wife was sent off to an auction for having messed up the hit on Aiden. Did anyone spot her in the auction? Maybe she's a plot device in W_D2?

leng jai

I really hope they patch in a mission select option, and also a time of day toggle. These really should be mandatory for open world titles by now.

Lrrr

I just started playing the game yesterday. How do I play online? It tells me I need to do the tutorial first, but I couldn't find a tut anywhere. Do I have to progress further in the story or something?

The Cowboy

I just started playing the game yesterday. How do I play online? It tells me I need to do the tutorial first, but I couldn't find a tut anywhere. Do I have to progress further in the story or something?
After a few story missions (very early on) you get an automatic invasion (against a bot), once complete you can start invading/being invaded and access MP.

jadedm17

Does anyone else not use focus at all?

I didnt until i learned using focus is faster than pausing to see if someone is in your game. Being invaded usually goes 1. Drive a straightaway 2. Slow down and look behind me 3. Snipe in face.

I dont know if i feel bad or not that 90% of the people invading me have no chance.

Note : The tradeoff is constant paranoia, usually leading to me taking to the ocean or a motorcycle after each hacking i commit, never really stopping to smell the roses or do missions anymore. This game is awesome.

Vodh

I didnt until i learned using focus is faster than pausing to see if someone is in your game. Being invaded usually goes 1. Drive a straightaway 2. Slow down and look behind me 3. Snipe in face.

I dont know if i feel bad or not that 90% of the people invading me have no chance.

Note : The tradeoff is constant paranoia, usually leading to me taking to the ocean or a motorcycle after each hacking i commit, never really stopping to smell the roses or do missions anymore. This game is awesome.

When I feel like taking it easy I just do it offline. I think the only stuff that you don't have full access to are the hotspot rewards, and that way you don't lose notoriety and you can do all the walking around in the rain listening to the music you want.

If I could only have one, I'd pick the online - but without the peaceful offline experience I wouldn't have loved the game as much as I do.

Top Bottom