• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Tohsaka

Question regarding the drinking game, are different people different difficulty? I have only tried the Pawnee one and I can't make it past round 4, trying to unlock the Piledriver shotgun. I didn't bother trying other people because I figured they were all the same game, that is the only gun I haven't unlocked yet, and just figured I wouldn't be able to.

Pawnee is the hardest by far, the other two aren't nearly as tough.

Kinthalis

Banned
Why does everyone give a shit so much about it looking like it did at E3? Those are all tech demos with small vertical slices, they aren't representative of the game

Because we all know it could run like that on a PC. It was cut down possibly due to an over stretched dev team supporting 5 platforms, and if there's some easy tweak that'll have it looking like that, even as unoptimized as it would likely be, it still be cool to see.

panda-zebra

Anyone else kill a hacker before he even started a hack?

Yep, it tells you you're being invaded when he's already dead on the floor :D

http://youtu.be/Uscy2pS1ckM?t=45s

Is there any good ways to get bounties? I love getting invaded. Ive just been driving around hacking people and hoping they call it in.

The method I mentioned earlier in the thread worked well for me - run around in a busy area hacking people, at least a dozen or so. Then visit the ATM and rinse and repeat. After the ATM you might get offers of online contracts which you should ignore, pretty soon after you might get hacked. Doing this I soon found I'd get Blume Agents really often in the crowd, bumping my bounty and bringing on the hack attempts without having to go hack others.

Lewis will have to do better than that for pole. PEACE.

Wrong thread. PEACE.

It just gets annoying when the public are calling the police on you all the time.

Be good, prevent crimes and take down criminals, boost your rating - they'll be less inclined to do so.

Rosur

Just finished the campaign which I really enjoyed story wise.

Wish I realised I needed to get the Enforcer Combat take-down sooner as it would of made some bits a lot easier.

Dennis

Banned
watch_dogs2014-06-072ruxae.jpg

Special C

Had a cool experience with and invader today. I fended him off and then uploaded a video of it. I messaged him letting him know I uploaded a video in case he wanted to see how it went down from my point of view. He replied saying it was his first invasion and said thanks.

GD71

Banned
Not sure if serious. The vehicles handle horribly in this game. lol

Completely serious. I disagree with that statement. They aren't Forza great, but the handling eclipses GTA, Burnout, Sleeping Dogs, etc. Of course you can't go flat out around every corner, but then you shouldn't. Some cars are better than others but the Lancer clone is particularly great, and I enjoy most of the sports and performance vehicles.

I haven't once found the handling got in the way of a chase or escape.

Sojgat

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that Ubisoft will ruin the driving in the next game.

Too many people are complaining about it.

I finished the story last night and managed to finish off the Drinking game trophy today. It was a bitch but I didn't find it that bad. Just picking up the rest of the SongStream songs now to get the Plat.

I think I'll trade it in for Wolfenstein then. I can't say I'm all that interested in the DLC and the multiplayer doesn't really appeal to me

I'd probably give it a 7/10. Hopefully Ubi can build on it and make a better sequel as they did with AC2.

Sothpaw

I just did the mission where you
kill Quinn
. I love how Aiden felt good after getting revenge. I'm so sick of movies/books/games that always pretend that revenge doesn't make you feel any different. Clearly they have never gotten revenge.

Kuldar

I just did the mission where you
kill Quinn
. I love how Aiden felt good after getting revenge. I'm so sick of movies/books/games that always pretend that revenge doesn't make you feel any different. Clearly they have never gotten revenge.
Yeah, at this moment I thought that it will be another "why am I not feeling good after all of this?" crap. It was cool that they didn't go this way.

Finally making your way downtown Dennis?
I'm wondering when he will reach Pawnee.

Qwell

Pawnee is the hardest by far, the other two aren't nearly as tough.
Well that is good to hear, just my luck I pick the hardest one as the one I try to use to unlock that shotgun. Now I just need Ubisoft to fix the 90% load glitch so I can actually play again...

JB1981

I think the car handling is mostly great. In fact this is the best controlling open world game I have ever played

Got hacked like crazy today (PS4). Incredibly fun

Sky Chief

Now that I have started playing this game on PC I find the title very amusing. The game looks and performs very well on my powerful PC until I get in a car and the thing starts stuttering like crazy and is borderline unplayable. I hope they fix this ASAP.

Sothpaw

Now that I have started playing this game on PC I find the title very amusing. The game looks and performs very well on my powerful PC until I get in a car and the thing starts stuttering like crazy and is borderline unplayable. I hope they fix this ASAP.

Yea hopefully that gets fixed because the game looks really nice on PC. I have my complaints (driving is weak, missions are repetitive, nothing to spend money on, etc) but graphics isn't among them.

16GB

I ran the game at 1080p 60fps with everything on high. Never had a single performance issue.

Linius

Haven't been reading up the thread the last week but did you pass the 10% completion yet Dennis or are you still just walking around? :p

owlbeak

Kinda hope they give the cops a bit of a buff for multiplayer. Some friends and I have been playing free roam, getting 5 stars on us, and it's not even a challenge. We just mow everyone down.

Still a blast, though! :)

Chitown B

If you get out of their line of sight and hide they will eventually go away. Go inside a building or under a bridge and get into cover. However if you don't escape their view first, they will follow you. So if they see you go under a bridge and not come out, even if they can't find you, they're going to stick around, because they know you're still there.

I've gone out the other side of a building, where everyone is on the other side - and they start to appear in front of me and say I've been sighted.

leng jai

Any news on a patch? Wishlist as follows:

- Proper thunderstorms
- 1080p (lol)
- mission select
- time of day toggle
- more bikes scattered around

Acorn

Any news on a patch? Wishlist as follows:

- Proper thunderstorms
- 1080p (lol)
- mission select
- time of day toggle
- more bikes scattered around
I hope they tone down the drinking games bullshit. I have a distinct inkling they won't though :(

I don't understand all the complaints about driving in this game. Don't know if it's because I'm using mouse/keyboard, but I feel like I have total control once I get a feel for whatever car I'm driving. I can weave around with ease.

And I like that the cars all handle differently and some even handle badly - you can't just use any car for a fast getaway. Don't expect to just step on the gas in a rear wheel muscle car and go flying. Prepare for some serious inertia and smoking back tyres. There's a lot of realism, mixed with more arcade-style physics so collisions don't necessarily mean the end of your ride.

Top Bottom