• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Jedi2016

I don't understand all the complaints about driving in this game.
It's different, is all. In regards to open world games, a lot of us are coming off of GTA, and the handling is very different, takes some getting used to. I haven't played the game that much, but I am starting to get the hang of it. Fast cornering is the one thing I need to work on.

Sothpaw

It's different, is all. In regards to open world games, a lot of us are coming off of GTA, and the handling is very different, takes some getting used to. I haven't played the game that much, but I am starting to get the hang of it. Fast cornering is the one thing I need to work on.

Main problem for me is that you can't manipulate the camera while driving. In GTA you are free to look around as you please. Also, the driving just feels better in GTA overall.

Not to mention that the music in this game is fucking atrocious. GTA always has killer music while driving.

Personally I find that the cars handle best when in the cockpit view. Love that behind-the-wheel view, especially when you kill the engine to hide in the car. Pretty immersive.

leng jai

The driving actually gets significantly better once you get access to better cars. By the end I'd class the driving as decent and the bike handling as excellent.

Playing this during the night time setting whilst raining is great, it looks superb, seeing the lights reflect and the buildings in Chicago, it makes me crave a Rocksteady Batman game based on the Nolan films. The Joker truck/Tumbler chase would of been great in this sandbox.

a916

I don't understand all the complaints about driving in this game. Don't know if it's because I'm using mouse/keyboard, but I feel like I have total control once I get a feel for whatever car I'm driving. I can weave around with ease.

And I like that the cars all handle differently and some even handle badly - you can't just use any car for a fast getaway. Don't expect to just step on the gas in a rear wheel muscle car and go flying. Prepare for some serious inertia and smoking back tyres. There's a lot of realism, mixed with more arcade-style physics so collisions don't necessarily mean the end of your ride.

I might be the only one... but I feel the issue with driving isn't the controls but the camera. When you make a turn, the camera does not follow right away. There is a delay while the camera sticks in the direction it was facing. Which makes it that much more difficult to turn and try to sandwich your way in between two vehicles.

Beaulieu

yooo I didnt understand the issues ppl were having with the drinking game then I reached lvl 6 of the third guy.....
cant complete the first screen wtf.

zlatko

Banned
Still playing and still having an absolute blast. I pretty much don't think I'll do any of the fixer contracts for car related stuff. It's just annoying and tedious. Too many of them too.

Anyone know how far into the SP you have to be to complete all of the serial killer side quests? I got 3 or 4, and am only in Act 2, but no more icons on my map to find the next one.

Also, were you supposed to get some kind of reward for an outfit after doing the CTRL ALT DELETE missions? Last thing said by Dedsec was "dress nice," or something like that and Aiden says I always do....no outfit reward? :(

luxarific

Nork unification denier
You guys take your story element too seriously. There are games that demand a good plot - the Last of Us, Heavy Rain, that sort of thing. Then there are games like Watch Dogs and GTA V which make a playground to have fun in and shape a bunch of entertaining missions around it. The story is nothing more than glue, holding it together. I have, at no point, thought, what a shit plot, I wanna give up. Incidentally, I like Aiden, Jordi, and Clara. I don't get the hate.

I don't hate the story, but given how cliche some of the story developments are and what an unlikable guy the main character is, the game is only saved by the grace of its base mechanics. Aiden was supposedly patterned on Walter White/Dexter. The problem is that both of these characters have charisma and you end up rooting for them, even though they're antiheroes. Aiden has no charisma and no charm. I was rooting for bad things to happen to him.

I don't even know how they can fix him for the sequel, he's just so unlikeable.

Vodh

Still playing and still having an absolute blast. I pretty much don't think I'll do any of the fixer contracts for car related stuff. It's just annoying and tedious. Too many of them too.

Anyone know how far into the SP you have to be to complete all of the serial killer side quests? I got 3 or 4, and am only in Act 2, but no more icons on my map to find the next one.

Also, were you supposed to get some kind of reward for an outfit after doing the CTRL ALT DELETE missions? Last thing said by Dedsec was "dress nice," or something like that and Aiden says I always do....no outfit reward? :(

When you browse outfits in a shop there's a tab for 'exclusive' ones - white hat hacker is the PS4 exclusive one, i think Ubi decided to give it to you right away and just never mention it. So yeah, it's there
and it sucks, fucking suqre hat too big for his head

GulAtiCa

Really think the absence of any NPC driving motorcycles is really odd. You see so many parked motorcycles, but no one is driving them. It essentially makes driving a motorcycle in online invasions stupid, since it's a dead give away your a hacker/etc.

Speaking of hacking. Invaded someone today who had no idea how the invasion hacking works. Just ran around way outside of the radius of where I was. I'm not talking about running like a chicken 10 meters around the outside of radius, I'm talking the next street over, over 100 meters or so away, running around trying to find me. hahaha.....

Also got someone who invaded me that decided to stay in their parked car after they started the hack. I came out onto the street and immediately see this car on the sidewalk. I almost went past it until I noticed the idiot was still inside of it... lol

A somewhat annoyance of me is that shooting a grenade launcher at a car normally, even a cop car, blows it up, but takes 3 to 4 shots to kill a hacker who is inside of it. Kinda dislike that. Also feel that annoyed that it takes me several shotgun shots or a lot of assault rifle shots to kill a hacker but I'll be mowed down in 1 shot.

David___

Banned

You unlock more Serial Killer stuff a couple of missions into Act 3.

Also for the people who finished the game:
Walk away or Revenge?
Personally I spared him after listening to all of his audio logs

Skyzard

Banned
i7VwNq5NYH1WK.png

Vodh

Walk away or Revenge?

haven't listened to any of his audio logs before finishing the game.

He felt like a loose end, not even in terms of incrimination, but more of a character development/story arc loose end. I offed him.

Pimpwerx

Really think the absence of any NPC driving motorcycles is really odd. You see so many parked motorcycles, but no one is driving them. It essentially makes driving a motorcycle in online invasions stupid, since it's a dead give away your a hacker/etc.

Speaking of hacking. Invaded someone today who had no idea how the invasion hacking works. Just ran around way outside of the radius of where I was. I'm not talking about running like a chicken 10 meters around the outside of radius, I'm talking the next street over, over 100 meters or so away, running around trying to find me. hahaha.....

Also got someone who invaded me that decided to stay in their parked car after they started the hack. I came out onto the street and immediately see this car on the sidewalk. I almost went past it until I noticed the idiot was still inside of it... lol

A somewhat annoyance of me is that shooting a grenade launcher at a car normally, even a cop car, blows it up, but takes 3 to 4 shots to kill a hacker who is inside of it. Kinda dislike that. Also feel that annoyed that it takes me several shotgun shots or a lot of assault rifle shots to kill a hacker but I'll be mowed down in 1 shot.
You can do the parked car hack if you park realistically on the side of the road and then hit circle to hide. Cars in the target circle are easy targets for a search IMO. If the target starts approaching the car suspiciously, I haul ass though. Better to get only partial success than killed. PEACE.

GKFinns

I finally got the Social Lubricant trophy for doing all three drinking games up to level 10.

There is NO way that should only be a Bronze Trophy. That was absurd. I don't know how, but I did it and only failed three times. It was nerve wracking most of the time though.

Pimpwerx

You unlock more Serial Killer stuff a couple of missions into Act 3.

Walk away or Revenge?
Shot him. Heard all the audio logs, but figured Aiden went through too much trouble to let him go. I shot him right after Aiden said, "You're the last one." or something like that. Total Schwarzenegger swag.
PEACE.

Bluecondor

I don't hate the story, but given how cliche some of the story developments are and what an unlikable guy the main character is, the game is only saved by the grace of its base mechanics. Aiden was supposedly patterned on Walter White/Dexter. The problem is that both of these characters have charisma and you end up rooting for them, even though they're antiheroes. Aiden has no charisma and no charm. I was rooting for bad things to happen to him.

I don't even know how they can fix him for the sequel, he's just so unlikeable.

Ya - Aiden is actually unlikable. There have been some mediocre main characters in games before (like Niko Bellic in GTA IV, and Connor in AC III), but Aiden just has no personality.

ttech10

Anyone have any tips for finding the songs?

I only need 2 more for the trophy

Just pointing this out, because I didn't know and needed three, you get some from the story. Conduction and Jesus Built My Hot Rod.

All the other songs I got pretty easily from just walking around and profiling/hacking people.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't even understand the purpose of this statement. It seems so unnecessary and needless, especially in this context.
Do you mean soultron's statement? I assure you there were multiple people in this thread that bought into the Trayvon Martin easter egg business, including at least one who claimed that anyone believing it to be random was "kidding themselves."
Thank you for debunking that ridiculous "controversy." :D
Hey, I think mine was more conclusive!

Special C

Wow I was in first place and dominating a race. "Error Game no longer Available". Next race I win, but before it finished I get the same error. Neither of them counted. Guess I'm not trying those again.

soultron

Banned
Do you mean soultron's statement? I assure you there were multiple people in this thread that bought into the Trayvon Martin easter egg business, including at least one who claimed that anyone believing it to be random was "kidding themselves."

Hey, I think mine was more conclusive!

Yeah, I meant only to add mine to the 2 shots you posted earlier.

I thought it was really a stretch to begin with, to be honest. The names aren't close.

If it was Trevin Marton or something like that, then I'd be calling foul.

Chitown B

I don't understand all the complaints about driving in this game. Don't know if it's because I'm using mouse/keyboard, but I feel like I have total control once I get a feel for whatever car I'm driving. I can weave around with ease.

And I like that the cars all handle differently and some even handle badly - you can't just use any car for a fast getaway. Don't expect to just step on the gas in a rear wheel muscle car and go flying. Prepare for some serious inertia and smoking back tyres. There's a lot of realism, mixed with more arcade-style physics so collisions don't necessarily mean the end of your ride.

Same here. On X1. Once you get the hang of it, it's fine. Some cars suck, and some are really good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, I meant only to add mine to the 2 shots you posted earlier.

I thought it was really a stretch to begin with, to be honest. The names aren't close.

If it was Trevin Marton or something like that, then I'd be calling foul.
Uh oh, controversy's back on everybody... Martin appears as a last name in this game

Ambitious

Started the game yesterday.

Regarding the hacking/intruding minigame.. why is the cursor controlled with the right stick instead of the left? The stick I'm controlling with the same thumb I use to press buttons so I have to constantly move back and forth?
That's really dumb. Unless, of course, later in the game I'll need both sticks for the minigame. Which I doubt.

Sojgat

Started the game yesterday.

Regarding the hacking/intruding minigame.. why is the cursor controlled with the right stick instead of the left? The stick I'm controlling with the same thumb I use to press buttons so I have to constantly move back and forth?
That's really dumb. Unless, of course, later in the game I'll need both sticks for the minigame. Which I doubt.

Yeah it's weird. I always press the wrong stick when it starts. I guess the idea was to always keep camera control on the same stick throughout the game. The hacking minigame doesn't get used much though, so it never becomes a big problem.

Pjsprojects

Sooo both are crappy? :(

No but both have problems.Below is based on a full play through the game.

PS4-
Rare bug that crashes the game (3 times)
Car horn sticks on (lots of times)
Fall out of graphics (twice)
Low frame rate when driving & lots happening(lots)

PC-tried medium,high & ultra right down to 900p
Frame rate went from 90fps to 20fps(driving)
No other bugs found because I gave up.(will try again when patched).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Oh my god I fucking hate the share button. Every time I've wanted to save a clip it turns out it hasn't actually been recording anything. Complete bullshit. I just killed an invader that had absolutely no chance. He did nothing to give himself away. I just happened to be attempting to use focus which let me knw someone was in my game so I just shot at the very first car I saw which luckily enugh turned out to be him. I imagine he was confused.

xrnzaaas

Gggrrrr got hit with the stupid stuck at 90% loading bug... I wish I had just paid a little more attention to the threads and stuff while playing because I had just activated the Papavero Stealth Edition reward. Even though Ubisoft is saying that has nothing to do with it, it sure is interesting that I have put a good 12+ hours into the game so far, unlocked all the weapons, done a lot of the side quests and just about finished 44% of the story and it was only right after I unlocked the stealth car that I got the bug.

I hope they can find a fix that doesn't destroy the save file, that would really suck.

Been a fun game so far, little annoying you can't use weapons while driving, at least wish you could use the support items like IED and Lure's etc.

Same here. And to think people bashed WB for Arkham Origins bugs... this is way worse because you can't continue playing unless you made some backups (not counting starting a new game, of course).

ButchCat

I hate driving-online-hack/ tailing sessions, you never seem to catch up with the person if you wanna remain in an incognito state and the game seems to be moody about offering fast travel when the parting distance is great.

Xenon

Oh my god I fucking hate the share button. Every time I've wanted to save a clip it turns out it hasn't actually been recording anything. Complete bullshit. I just killed an invader that had absolutely no chance. He did nothing to give himself away. I just happened to be attempting to use focus which let me knw someone was in my game so I just shot at the very first car I saw which luckily enugh turned out to be him. I imagine he was confused.

Yeah it is pretty horrible on the PS4. I have given up on the feature.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hate driving-online-hack/ tailing sessions, you never seem to catch up with the person if you wanna remain in an incognito state and the game seems to be moody about offering fast travel when the parting distance is great.
It's offered concretely at 1000m. you can trigger it intentionally

Vodh

The game offers fast travel at exactly 1000m away, it's never been moody about it for me. As to driving up to the person, you either have to catch up to them like a mad man and just hack and run, or if he's not speeding around just approach from an unexpected angle. The second option allows you to remain incognito rather neatly.

And it doesn't really matter too much if you reveal yourself if you don't get shot on sight, as you can rather easily run away if you're in a car - and the guy's gonna get the notification anyways, so who cares.

kriskrosbbk

Playing this during the night time setting whilst raining is great, it looks superb, seeing the lights reflect and the buildings in Chicago, it makes me crave a Rocksteady Batman game based on the Nolan films. The Joker truck/Tumbler chase would of been great in this sandbox.

More I am into the game ,less rain I am seeing.

ButchCat

I KNOW RIGHT! You have this shining moment in the game and you go "Holyshit! Did I just do that?" so you decide you wanna cherish this moment by pressing the share button, only to find out that it saved a clip from a few days back. Just awful.

It's offered concretely at 1000m. you can trigger it intentionally
I know it's to 1000 whenever prompts the option but how can you trigger intentionally before 1000m?

Saganator

Its so easy to get rid of cops in this game. I don't get why people think its hard. You can find a garage, close the door behind you, and go take a piss and the cops will be gone. If not that, then just lead the cops around town as you take them down one by one with steam pipe explosions.

I LOVE the cockpit camera. Driving has really grown on me too. Not as good as GTA, but still fun.

TomShoe

Banned
Guys, Target is having a deal where if you pre-order a game for $1, get $15 off any game $39.99 and up. That means I can get Watch_Dogs on PS3 for $45. Do you think this is the best deal I'm going to get for awhile? Or will the last-gen versions drop in price quickly?

Top Bottom