• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

dandoolan

Amazon UK shipped my order at 5pm this afternoon, so I starting thinking there was a chance it might come early tomorrow. BUT then I ran the tracking number through Royal Mail and got this...

"We have been notified that your item is being shipped by the retailer; the next scan will appear when we receive this item."

So amazon have shipped, but this simply means they are transporting it to Royal Mail, god knows when Royal Mail will receive this and their '1 to 2 days for first class delivery' actually starts from.

So I'm calling Tuesday.

DrBo42

Are you Greg Miller? All you basically said is "this is so cool and it will be awesome!" Which is fine if you feel that way, but it doesn't explain what's so cool to other people.

From what they've shown so far this seems to be an extremely generic open world game, completely sterile and populated only by manikins and "intercept the drugs!" icons. The only unique gimmick being the ability to read people's text messages, change traffic lights, look through security cameras and so on.

The graphics are bad, sure, but that really pales in comparison to the bigger issues.

The only unique gimmicks are the gameplay mechanics and systems in place? That's a little funny. I'll agree there's a pretty standard "Clear this hideout" activity in there but if you're given a new toolset to approach that, isn't that important? I'm not sure but I'm interested to find out for myself.

Servbot24

Banned
That's a nice opinion you have there.

All you basically said is "this is so generic and it will be boring!" Which is fine if you feel that way, but it doesn't explain what's so bad to other people.

This is a message board. Everything you see is an opinion. It's 2014, this shouldn't be news.

And I explained it quite clearly. The world is drab, sterile, lacks life-giving detail, relies on tired open world tropes, and doesn't bring enough new to the genre.

And before you point it out I'm perfectly aware that I haven't played the game and everyone in this thread has the potential to be wrong.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I hope to be surprised as well. I will fall out of my chair if the games gets good reviews and is actually fun to play like Black Flag as opposed to gets good reviews and is actually terrible like Assassin's Creed 3. The other option is it's eurojank as hell or bad in a transcendent way in which case I will probably have to buy it.

What is eurojank?

Yes! my order is shipping !!

LKShxfc.gif

Wait where did you preorder from??

So looks like Nvidia keys/uPlay purchases aren't playable yet. At least, mine isn't which I added to my account about 7 hours ago, although when I login to my order details, it states Order Submitted whereas an older order says Order Complete, so its either taking time to register, or it won't be complete until release day :/

Are you Greg Miller? All you basically said is "this is so cool and it will be awesome!" Which is fine if you feel that way, but it doesn't explain what's so cool to other people.

From what they've shown so far this seems to be an extremely generic open world game, completely sterile and populated only by manikins and "intercept the drugs!" icons. The only unique gimmick being the ability to read people's text messages, change traffic lights, look through security cameras and so on.

The graphics are bad, sure, but that really pales in comparison to the bigger issues.

Who is Greg Miller? Is he suppose to be one of the devs or something? Or is it some IGN guy? I think I preferred it when people thought I was Major Nelson's childhood friend from camp :p

Servbot24

Banned
Who is Greg Miller? Is he suppose to be one of the devs or something? Or is it some IGN guy? I think I preferred it when people thought I was Major Nelson's childhood friend from camp :p

He's a guy at IGN who literally just writes reviews like "This game is really awesome. So cool. I shot someone and it made me feel badass." :p

I don't have a problem with that but maybe you do.

I was acknowledging someone's opinion but asking them to explain it more clearly.

Linius

My laptop comes with a free copy of Watch-Dogs now at Overclockers UK. That's kinda comforting I guess. Hopefuly I can get it to run smoothly on medium settings.

DrTrouserPlank

Neo Member
Tesco's don't look like they are doing anything to ship this game out today. I'm not going to be too surprised if they don't actually ship it until Tuesday.

sjay1994

Damn. You guys have to admit that when the weather is bad, this game looks amazing.

Honestly, this is a bigger problem to me than the visuals just looking bad.

The game is visually inconsistent. There are moments where it looks bad, and then there are moments where it looks amazing. I really need the controller in my hands and play it.The game looks fun, and so does the MP, and unfortunately my anticipation was hindered by the review that says the story sucks.

Gaz_RB

Honestly, this is a bigger problem to me than the visuals just looking bad.

The game is visually inconsistent. There are moments where it looks bad, and then there are moments where it looks amazing. I really need the controller in my hands and play it.The game looks fun, and so does the MP, and unfortunately my anticipation was hindered by the review that says the story sucks.
Yeah visually inconsistent is a good way to put it. I think when I play I'm going to have Aiden sleep through the day and only play at night haha.

Yeah I was actually really looking forward to the story, I thought maybe it could be good, as it has a great premise. I should be getting the game tomorrow, and then I can decide for myself.

Symax

I was acknowledging someone's opinion but asking them to explain it more clearly.
No, you asked him if he is Greg Miller? (what ever that means) Than you acknowledged his opinion and after that you demanded from him to convince you of his opinion.

He just explained his personal feelings towards the game. Appreciate it and let it go.

You know I've managed to not get hyped for this game despite pre-ordering it from Origin, but after watching some of these videos, it's starting to look like it'll at least be interesting/fun to poke around the city. Color me cautiously optimistic

I just hope Origin updates at midnight. 24gb to download with no pre-loading -_____-

Gaz_RB

They need to pull a Sucker Punch and allow you to play the game at night and in the rain at all times.

Yeah luckily you can manually change the time of day by sleeping, but it'd be nice to be able to set to "Constant Windy Thunderstorm at Night"

sjay1994

Yeah visually inconsistent is a good way to put it. I think when I play I'm going to have Aiden sleep through the day and only play at night haha.

Yeah I was actually really looking forward to the story, I thought maybe it could be good, as it has a great premise. I should be getting the game tomorrow, and then I can decide for myself.

I pre ordered on PSN for the pre load dream. But it was all a lie. Played like a damn fiddle.

I literally just popped into this thread so sorry for my ignorance but do people have early copies or where is all this footage coming from for PC like the videos and webms?

Gaz_RB

I literally just popped into this thread so sorry for my ignorance but do people have early copies or where is all this footage coming from for PC like the videos and webms?

Well the game is out on torrent sites, and some have said that if you have a Uplay code you can redeem it now and download and play it.
is the online is the game is fun ?
how it is ?
you hack other people game and log to their cities ?

Here is some video of the 4v4 MP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33muCkef288

There also Dark Souls-esque invasion mechanics, as well as races and things.

Krakn3Dfx

Mostly filthy hobbitses, the
pirate_bottle.gif
'd game has leaked on the PC already.

There are probably reviewers with copies as well tho.

Top Bottom