• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

I didn't know up until now that the game would be also released for last-gen consoles. Did they announce this two years ago ? I don't recall ever hearing about it.

Symax

they see the twitch chat. oh god

twitchtv-48103.gif

I have played the Xbox 360 version for about 90 mins so far and I would like to give my quick opinion.

First of all, if you get the 360 version do not install the 2nd disc. I installed the 2nd disc to a flash drive just like GTAV and had nothing but issues. Put disc 1 in, let it install through the game menu and play off disc 2.

First the graphics. The Xbox 360 just turned 9 years old and it really shows in Watchdogs. LOD is really bad. Framerate is not stable when there is much action on screen. Everything looks blurry and low res. It looks a lot like GTAV on 360 to me.

The actual gameplay is good though. During the first mission I died a couple times trying to brute force my way through. It seems at least early on you will not be able to easily gun your way through the game, you die pretty quick and the enemies are quick to shoot. You can also get shot while you are hacking during minigames so you really have to hide if you are going to be hacking systems.

If you are familiar with Farcry3 then you already have a good idea about the open world activities. There are data centers around the city you need to hack into for control, and cell towers you need to climb and hack to get more objectives and mini games. Instead of hunting you need to hack people or go to pawn shop to get components to craft the bigger hacks in the game.

The map is absolutely huge. It would take at least 4-5 screenshots to capture the entire map when zoomed out all the way. I like the atmosphere of the game and it will keep you very busy, you cant walk more then 10 feet without a sidequest showing up.

Im getting the PS4 version on Tuesday and will probably wait until then to play more. The little I played made me more excited about the game.

2beep

Banned
all reflections except the water are so fake lol, i went up a building and where a other house should be there was a street thats obviously in almost all window reflections -.-

Vuze

Mission type spoiler:
That hide-from-the-cops-in-a-car-mission looks tedious and pointless. I mean, the cops see you driving to point A but drive past you if you press b to "hide" in your car and all of a sudden you get busted. Lol?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just a question if anyone knows, does gamersyde have the best quality version of the 2012 trailer?
Because I can't see for life of me the downgrades with all that compression, don't any different, anyone got a better quality video?

L.O.R.D

Well the game is out on torrent sites, and some have said that if you have a Uplay code you can redeem it now and download and play it.

Here is some video of the 4v4 MP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33muCkef288

There also Dark Souls-esque invasion mechanics, as well as races and things.

oh...that sound...not very interesting
the online part in Dark Souls is very important for the game
but in this game...is it important ?

I bet we won't be seeing any decent shoegaze though ;)

I wish he just told us it's totally possible to implement your own music. I'd love to cruise Chicago with my own music. At least GTA V had a decent indie rock station.

Many some shoegaze at night? One can only dream, but sadly we can't even upload music a missed opportunity considering the tracklist is passable.

Top Bottom