• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Aesius

Just saw the game running on an i5 2500k @ 4.3GHz with 8GB of RAM and a 660Ti.
Everything on high with HBAO+High, TemporalSMAA @ 1080p with v-sync. FPS between 40-50 outside. Say what you want, but this game looks amazing. I dare you to say otherwise. If you do claim otherwise you can fuck off.

So much for the 8 core req.

Telling people to fuck off is bannable, FYI.

DrBo42

Watching a twitch streamer playing on ultra, game looks great. He said that the game is only using 2.4gbs of system ram.. so yea.

Good lord. Wonder why their requirements are so ridiculous. Maybe it was a different story earlier in development?

SystemBug

He's a guy at IGN who literally just writes reviews like "This game is really awesome. So cool. I shot someone and it made me feel badass." :p

Oh man Greg Miller. He writes his reviews like a child and fails to extrapolate anything of importance from whatever game he plays. Dude wouldn't know good art if it was sitting two feet in front of him.

Vuze

Yup, seems the tip with the ini was right, if the game aknowledges those changes this will be great. Found this one online, I don't have the game yet so I can't try sadly.

8Y3Gl.png

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Everything on high with HBAO+High, TemporalSMAA @ 1080p with v-sync. FPS between 40-50 outside. Say what you want, but this game looks amazing. I dare you to say otherwise. If you do claim otherwise you can fuck off.

junior dares anyone to disagree with his/her opinion
all and sundry who do can fuck off
zeppelin explodes in a fiery deathtrap
a single tear falls

DrBo42

Oh man Greg Miller. He writes his reviews like a child and fails to extrapolate anything of importance from whatever game he plays. Dude wouldn't know good art if it was sitting two feet in front of him.

Fucking brutal. I can't tell if you're serious with that art bit.

ymgve

So...can anyone confirm that if you have an Uplay code, you can download and play right now? And what kind of code is required? Retail PC codes, or does it also work with those vouchers you get when buying a Nvidia card?

Marcel

I can't believe I almost missed a post where someone tells me to fuck off! Miss you already man.

I don't actually mind Greg Miller as much as most people, but even I think it's for the best that he doesn't do reviews anymore.

zychi

Banned
these streams are making glad i didnt preorder on steam. ill wait til it bombas down to $10/$5

i'd much rather have gta v on pc or some new expansion packs on the old systems

Good lord. Wonder why their requirements are so ridiculous. Maybe it was a different story earlier in development?
I get the feeling that a lot of game studios base their PC system requirements on whatever systems they have on hand and don't actually do performance benchmarks like PC hardware/gaming sites do. That or they're in collusion with PC hardware manufacturers to inflate the specs to encourage hardware sales.

My money is on the former.

Yup, seems the tip with the ini was right, if the game aknowledges those changes this will be great. Found this one online, I don't have the game yet so I can't try sadly.
What's this about, besides the obvious settings that can be tweaked?

Now that you're saying it... that's kinda weird considering they even chose to partner up with Nvidia and have HBAO+, TXAA etc
They have their own physics system that does a lot of the stuff that PhysX usually does. It might not have been beneficial (or simply too difficult) to try to incorporate the two.

Vuze

What's this about, besides the obvious settings that can be tweaked?

The game offers no in-game settings to turn HUD segments on or off as far as we/I know, but it looks like you can do that by modifying this file.

They have their own physics system that does a lot of the stuff that PhysX usually does. It might not have been beneficial (or simply too difficult) to try to incorporate the two.

Ah yeah, seems about right.

Watching Conan's Clueless Gamer feature on the game...it really just looks exactly like GTA, but with a little more cell phone stuff. I just...I feel like this game might end up having been a huge waste of everyone's time when all is said and done.

At first it seemed like it'd be a techno stealthy spy game in a futuristic city, but looking at what the gameplay loop seems to be, it just looks like GTA with some hacking stuff bolted on as a new "weapon type".

Steal Cars, go to waypoints, get missions, drive to places, shoot cops...I really didn't expect it to just be THIS HARD of another GTA Clone. Maybe there's something interesting about it, but I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing alot of "steal the car, shoot the cops, get the drugs".

It might look like gta, but minus atmosphere, EUPHORIA engine, fun, story, details, awesomeness, decent car handling etc........... + hacking chore

Trace

Banned
It might look like gta, but minus atmosphere, EUPHORIA engine, fun, story, details, awesomeness, decent car handling etc........... + hacking chore

I don't see how you can judge the game like that? I had way more fun playing MP in Watch_Dogs than I ever did in GTA. I'd go as far to say that in a straight 1:1 comparison, Watch_Dogs is a better game than GTA.

I haven't been following the Watch Dogs threads these past few days.

What is the general consensus on GAF? Is everyone still mad about the downgrade and other stuff or are people legitimately excited about the game?

Linius

What is the general consensus on GAF? Is everyone still mad about the downgrade and other stuff or are people legitimately excited about the game?

The game looks like GTA III/The Maxtrix Online and people are fighting each over it.

Trace

Banned

I'm hype as hell. Lot's of downgrade shitposting, but some real complaints thrown in. Lots of competing footage, game looks amazing at times and downright terrible.

I'm hoping the story is good, but multiplayer is tons of fun.

dmr87

So let's say you have a Nvidia code for Watch Dogs, are you able to legally play now?

Or do you get shutdown in Uplay?

The Flash

Banned

I didn't pay any attention to that nonsense since I'm getting it on Xbox. I saw some spider tank gameplay yesterday that got me pretty hyped.

have there been any numbers thrown around on how long it takes for an average playthrough of doing some side stuff, getting all the 'towers' and beating story?

The game is enjoyable if you forget all the gameplay footage from 2012 and 2013. It doesn't look anywhere close to them, but other than that, the general consensus regarding the game is decent.

Calm the fuck down, you failed to understand that i was referring to "ultra" setting, the game barely looked better than the PS4 version while the performance was terrible, as mentioned in the previous pages the game runs 45-60 FPS on ultra at 1080p on a OC GTX 780 and the latest Core i7 processor. That several times more powerful than a GTX 660 ti.

One more thing provide a source for a claim, its hard to believe that it preforming that good on that config.

could be that a day one patch can help performance issues as well. wait till the the release day and i hope that you bought the game

ocean

Banned
Conan's feature makes this look awfully similar to GTA. I'm still looking forward to playing it though, because being similar to one of the greatest franchises ever isn't necessarily a bad thing. And dem graphics look incredible.

Not day 1 for me but I'll definitely pick it up this summer!

Top Bottom