• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Ragona

got the game on ps4 and it feels more like open world splinter cell than gta which i like very much.

Anyhow...my code for the ps4 exclusive bonus mission doesnt work..is it because it isnt enabled yet or did i get a faulty one?<.<

This game has some nice brick textures at least.

is there a good picture of the map anywhere? or it's size relative to other open world games?

A quick google will bring up a few pictures of the map.

I think it looks like the city is about the size of GTA4 but you have some suburban areas around the outside making it a bit larger and breaking up the dense urban setting

I haven't really read through this thread yet so forgive me if I'm not really adding much. I had my PS4 copy come early and I put in about three hours so for.

I think the game is extremely average. Nothing stands out in the game as great - really, it just feels very safe. The driving hasn't felt right to me and Aiden just feels... weighty? Sluggish? The game so far just feels like a lot of different ideas stapled together without a lot of cohesion between them.

The hacking is pretty cool. I like it a lot during car chases, being able to turn on all of the traffic lights at an intersection as i pass through it.

The story so far is also just okay. The game really wants you to feel something for Aiden'so past, but he doesn't really sell it to me. I don't feel anything.

I also don't feel a pressing need to do side missions. This is more my fault as I generally find side missions in games boring.

Graphically, it looks nice at night, but the daytime stuff looks flat. There are some really annoying tech issues that are nitpicky but noticeable - for instance, I was shooting and moving, and I moved behind a metal shelf that was essentially just four bars and three shelves. I could clearly see my enemy through the massive gaps between the shelves, but when I shot, it stopped at the shelf, as if the gaps between the shelves were a part of the hit box. This was really annoying.

I'm not really sold on the game yet. If I had to sum it up, the game just feels awkward and off.

Anyhow...my code for the ps4 exclusive bonus mission doesnt work..is it because it isnt enabled yet or did i get a faulty one?<.<

I cannot activate the 6 codes for stuff I have either. I figure we can get it on Tuesday with everyone else.

great game tho-I'm very pleased with it (on PS4) mission variety so far is also awesome

I cannot activate the 6 codes for stuff I have either. I figure we can get it on Tuesday with everyone else.

great game tho-I'm very pleased with it (on PS4) mission variety so far is also awesome
Mine went through just fine yesterday afternoon. USA here
Edit: wait, 6 codes? It was just one for me that included everything.

vv looks about right. Maybe a little less in lighting quality.

Havel

watch_dogs_20140524_14232909_by_bigboss154-d7jj7ip.png

I imagine these are the graphics we would expect on PS4. Taken at 1600x900 with a mix of high and medium.

UGH! I really want to play this game but it didn't ship to me until today and mail doesn't run on Sundays or national holidays (Monday) meaning I won't get it until Tuesday at the earliest.

Ragona

To people playing the game. Do you feel like the "alive city" stuff makes up for the lesser visuals?

I really think the visuals are only an issue for the first 2-3 hours.. once you got used to it and finally focus on gameplay you get to enjoy the game.
The game really doesnt look that great but its enough to enable good open world gameplay

HowZatOZ

Banned
Oh wait, is it in the smartphone apps thing rather than the pause menu?

Yeah, its a music app that lets you pick and choose what to play. In regards to the police report thing, it will pop up when peds are calling cops, so you can silence them before they are alerted though it gets increasingly difficult with more people witnessing crimes. Also police will catch on eventually if you do some super crazy shit.

To people playing the game. Do you feel like the "alive city" stuff makes up for the lesser visuals?

On PC it definitely feels alive. Just walking on the streets you'll be bumping into people, no matter the time of day. Also a lot of chatter and random conversations to peer into, and Ubisoft has some hilarious AI moments that work really well with the "all seeing eye" hacking style.

Tiberius

Is there a date for the season pass ?
In france i can buy the game + the season pass for 70€ that's 10€ less than the uplay edition and there's more content

Probably because graphics are an obstacle to enjoying the gameplay ?

But the graphics aren't an obstacle - they're spectacular. They just fall short of a target. Its established and its time for people to move along if that's going to step them experiencing the game.

For people that have the game - are the weather effects still there, as you walk do gusts of wind blow your coat and trash and stuff? Far more important.

HowZatOZ

Banned
But the graphics aren't an obstacle - they're spectacular. They just fall short of a target. Its established and its time for people to move along if that's going to step them experiencing the game.

Once more people get it in their hands you'll see discussion on gameplay. Right now its only those lucky enough to score it early giving their impressions, and it seems they are too busy playing ;)

Played 3-4 hours on Xbox One last night, I'll share my impressions.

Overall, this game is more fun than I expected it to be. It's refreshing to play a modern urban open world GTA style game where you are not criminal, rather, a vigilante, and can have fun without committing outright genocide. The game makes it clear that you're going after bad people, and though you are not one of them, you're perfectly fine in this grey area of what is socially acceptable. To that end, I enjoy the reputation system. Many acts in the game will push reputation towards good or evil, and I find its influencing how I play. Injuring civilians will hurt rep, killing cops vs escaping will lower rep. Stopping random crimes will raise it, etc. I don't know how this will impact the game yet, but I'm hopeful there are different benefits for going bad vs good.

In the spirit of playing as a good guy, I did a gang hideout side mission (same on in IGN video) purely by sneaking and using non-lethal takedowns, using cameras and hacking to cause distractions. It feels like there's a lot of room to improvise with these types of missions. You also have some gadgets, like lures (same as noisemaker in splinter cell), which further open up options. The objective the mission is to take down one guy, which is smart. If this is was GTA, it would be KILL ALL. The one guy, of course, has 15 henchman guarding him. I let them live, even the acquitted child diddler.

The world seems a little bit sterile compared to GTA, but overall, there's a ton of detail and character built in if you start to look. Hack cameras. You will get a lot of flavor simply by hacking cameras and observing civilians. You can spy on text messages and phone calls, which sometimes lead to side mission objectives. There's a ton of that stuff in the game.

The police detection system is AMAZING. This is the best it's been done in any open world game I've played. My favorite early mission so far challenges you to navigate a maze of alleyways in a locked down area of town. As cops drive by the alleyways and shine their lights in, you have to cut the engine/lights to blend with the parked cars.

I've been dabbling in the online hacking, which is super fun and unique. I've been invaded a few times, which is thrilling. The game a does a great job of blending this mode seamlessly into the SP world. Online hacking provides opportunities to be creative with using camera vantage points to get close to your target while keeping a low profile in meatspace. You can also hide in cars in this mode. The context of online hacking fits well into the context of the world, as players are presented as rival fixers - occasionally, you'll profile a civilian who is being hacked by a rival fixes, and it's essentially just a creative seamless way to matchmake.

The game has graphics.

murgo

Fuck, went to Gamestop to trade in 2 games and get W_D for 9,99€. I'd hoped they were already selling it, but they'll sell it Monday at the earliest. I want it now :(

Y0j1mb0

Saw a BUNCH of people streaming it on PS4 and it looks... okay. I've already bought it so waiting to get it Tuesday but I'll be honest, I'm not as hyped as I once was to play it.

Varg

Banned
tempted to get this at my local mom and pop shop for 80 bucks. They have 5 they can sale right now. Anyone play games early on the ps4 and got banned?

Top Bottom