• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Just got my copy :)

BoaUf4ICMAAigTp.jpg:large

Dawg

Nothing more satisfying than opening a garage gate in the distance while a bunch of cops are chasing you. Why? Well, if you close it at the perfect moment... then your car barely gets inside while you can hear all those cops hitting the gate behind you :D

bryanee

I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not that far into it really, I've just been dicking about profiling people and stopping random crimes and causing mayhem with the hacking. I was being chased by cops so I hacked the bollards and the sent a cop car flying. Pissed myself laughing.

The combat is good, the game is better when you take a more tactical approach to combat and missions. Using stealth and hacking together is a lot of fun and the way the game feels like it should be played. Thankfully though for the more trigger happy you can just do the old kill everything. Cars are also good but obviously as with most open world game it really depends on the car and the persons preference to this type of stuff. I have no issue with the driving.

Visually the game is great and at times beautiful, especially at night and with some bad weather. Like Far Cry you can collect material to craft bombs etc There is also a good sized skill tree for you to unlock new hacking moves amongst other stuff like driving/combat perks.

And its not at all like Assassins Creed.

I haven't seen any tearing.

The images were dong using the ps4's share function , copied to usb then upload to minus.

got the game on ps4 and it feels more like open world splinter cell than gta which i like very much.

Anyhow...my code for the ps4 exclusive bonus mission doesnt work..is it because it isnt enabled yet or did i get a faulty one?<.<

PSN probably just didn't make them active until the release date. I had the same problem with Infamous SS when I got it early. Everything should be good on the 27th.

Canucked

I'm fully on board for this now. But I just ordered it from amazon.ca and the delivery estimate is in June...

This can't be selling out can it?

sjay1994

I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not that far into it really, I've just been dicking about profiling people and stopping random crimes and causing mayhem with the hacking. I was being chased by cops so I hacked the bollards and the sent a cop car flying. Pissed myself laughing.

The combat is good, the game is better when you take a more tactical approach to combat and missions. Using stealth and hacking together is a lot of fun and the way the game feels like it should be played. Thankfully though for the more trigger happy you can just do the old kill everything. Cars are also good but obviously as with most open world game it really depends on the car and the persons preference to this type of stuff. I have no issue with the driving.

Visually the game is great and at times beautiful, especially at night and with some bad weather. Like Far Cry you can collect material to craft bombs etc There is also a good sized skill tree for you to unlock new hacking moves amongst other stuff like driving/combat perks.

The images were dong using the ps4's share function , copied to usb then upload to minus.

B_e_a_utiful_beautiful.gif

Thanx, looks great.

Furyous

I was going to hold off on downloading this on PSN but you just sold me on the game. Is it safe to say this game is missing prostitutes and marijuana smoking? At least tell me they have vape pens.

I want to dive headfirst into the skill tree. I'm going for a stealthy approach with all the cool hacks unlocked to get rid of cops.

Hasney

I was going to hold off on downloading this on PSN but you just sold me on the game. Is it safe to say this game is missing prostitutes and marijuana smoking? At least tell me they have vape pens.

I want to dive headfirst into the skill tree. I'm going for a stealthy approach with all the cool hacks unlocked to get rid of cops.

They don't. There's some "virtual drugs" that give you mini-game trips based on audio-visual.

So I was just chillin underground, editing my music playlist when I notice some fat lady walk up to me with her phone out. Pulled out my autoshotgun and blasted her as she tried to get away: Online hacker eliminated. Didn't even get the chance to initiate the hack.

Best part? This all happened while I was on the toilet. Remote Play <3

Tamanon

Banned
So I was just chillin underground, editing my music playlist when I notice some fat lady walk up to me with her phone out. Pulled out my autoshotgun and blasted her as she tried to get away: Online hacker eliminated. Didn't even get the chance to initiate the hack.

That poor lady was just trying to find her car. Criminal.

And then you hit the share button right...right?

Klyka

Banned
Putting aside the potential controversy this image might stir up, how does one even make an occupation out of donating blood?

Looking at what that person is wearing I don't think he really has a proper job or anything and that's how he gets his living money.

Now,I'm not sure here, but don't you get tested before they take your blood? I never donated blood so I don't know.

jaaz

Looks good to me. PS4 version it is. That boat and water picture is spectacular.

My PS4 has started downloading the game, too bad I can't play it until Tuesday. It's sitting on my home screen taunting me. Lol. But I am surprised they allowed preloading this early and in Aus.

And then you hit the share button right...right?
I... didn't. :(((

I tried right as I read your message but apparently going into an online mode resets the recording. Gah! I need to remember that it works properly now. I stopped using the video saving previously because it was wildly random in what it would record.

SkylineRKR

Looking at what that person is wearing I don't think he really has a proper job or anything and that's how he gets his living money.

Now,I'm not sure here, but don't you get tested before they take your blood? I never donated blood so I don't know.

They do. You'll be screened and tested. I think HIV, Syphilis, Leukemia and both Hepatitis are mandatory on the checklist.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Great, we've hit the point where everyone magically finds an early release copy and I have to sit here until Tuesday because no store in Chicago ever breaks street date.

First world problems, brehs.

Scrabble

Started the game a bit ago and love that after hacking a semaphore, there is a car crash, then drivers come out of their cars to complaint.
http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...tion&vid=dd335698-7717-4b16-bace-b21ef96920c4

Still looks like open world jank to me. I'm sure they stand there repeating the same one or two lines ad nauseam right? Lets not forget graphics were not the only thing downgraded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw#t=06m27s

That scene looks so dynamic and believable. The npc's even interact with one another, as evidenced by the guy with the umbrella helping the lady out of the car. I could forgive the graphics being downgraded if it meant more believable a.i. and interaction, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Seriously thought, say you meet the HIV positive blood donor, would you kill him, considering it's a game and there's no consequences for it? (Maybe aside from a few minutes of being chased by the police.)

Lakitu

st5fu
Seriously thought, say you meet the HIV positive blood donor, would you kill him, considering it's a game and there's no consequences for it? (Maybe aside from a few minutes of being chased by the police.)

I would.

But is it possible to get away with crimes in the game?

Hasney

Great, we've hit the point where everyone magically finds an early release copy and I have to sit here until Tuesday because no store in Chicago ever breaks street date.

A lot of them are due to the UK holiday on Monday, so they all got shipped early to ensure release date delivery. Ubi picked a silly date.

Welp it's official

Going to preorder from local Gamestop today via some trade-ins.

Anyone know if it will be the tacky ass "Gamestop Editon"? (gross banner right below the title ala Spliner Cell Blacklist)

thanks

MattyG

Banned
Welp it's official

Anyone know if it will be the tacky ass "Gamestop Editon"? (gross banner right below the title ala Spliner Cell Blacklist)

thanks
I'm fairly certain it will. Seems like every retailer has a banner across their version though (at least Walmart and Target does, others probably do too).

Chamber

love on your sleeve

He or she is done dota when I find them in my game. Better believe it, friend.

sjay1994

Welp it's official

thanks

I guarantee it will.

I'm actually holding of far cry 4 since the non limited edition box art looks so much better.

sjay1994

Welp it's official

thanks

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704529-watch-dogs/69092522?page=1

Yeah this kinda confirms it as well

Well nvm then, I'll just get from BestBuy or Amazon then

Go amazon, bestbuy typically plasters their logo on the box as well

woen

Hey!

Are they some people using a Tritton AX Pro with Watch_Dogs on PS4 ? I have issues with the audio settings, what are you using as audio mix with the remote (front/center/rear/sub) Thanks

Video of MADNESS Digital Trip

But you get the pleasure of actually living in WATCH_DOGS!!! to me its just come city ;_;

Top Bottom