• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

styl3s

I love this game.
Much fun.
The second i lured 2 cops chasing me onto the rotating bridge and then activating it and getting off just before the cops could and waiting there while i listened to the cops call in to have it rotated back i knew i was going to love this fucking game.

The world can seem dead/empty at times (what open world game doesnt? GTA V even feels dead at times) but if you spend some time just walking around and listen into phone calls and conversations, beatboxing and guitar playing it feels alive and interesting. I even came across a guy training in the park for kickboxing and i just sat and watched him for a good 2 minutes. Last night i spent probably a good 2 hours just doing those things and was fully engaged and never felt bored.

Like i said before, the game may not be the prettiest girl at the dance but her personality is great and shes incredibly fun to hang out with. I have 0 regrets buying the game twice.

zkorejo

Cars will handle like Man-of-Wars and in the bars they're singing sea chanties. ub(r)i-use

"What shall we do with a drunken hacker,
What shall we do with a drunken hacker,
What shall we do with a drunken hacker,
Early in the morning.."

I cant wait for the next Assassins Creed.

sjay1994

Most of the impressions here are pretty positive. I think I need to play the game for myself and avoid the internet for a while. I hope the story is good, but if not at least the characters look interesting.

Also, I like that the vehicles are Tanky. I really liked driving in saints row, but hated driving in the gta games and sleeping dogs.

Something I'd like to add is that this on is among the few open world games that makes me want to walk and see the details (also help that driving doesn't feel right, a bit slipery). Still, walking around reading at people's profile and watching the sweet Aiden's animations feels great.

So do you have to wear a trench coat in this game, or are there other types of clothes you can wear?

Well, story-wise it makes sense why he wears that cap and trenchcoat. So Aiden can keep looking down on his phone while walking and it hides his face. His trench neck collars are tall enough that you can barely see his face most of the time. Essentially this is what a vigilante would wear to hide his identity.

watch_dogs_20140524_14232909_by_bigboss154-d7jj7ip.png

I imagine these are the graphics we would expect on PS4. Taken at 1600x900 with a mix of high and medium.
It looks better than that on PS4.

SDCowboy

Well, story-wise it makes sense why he wears that cap and trenchcoat. So Aiden can keep looking down on his phone while walking and it hides his face. His trench neck collars are tall enough that you can barely see his face most of the time. Essentially this is what a vigilante would wear to hide his identity.

Fair enough.

10's?

I'm seeing a few early positive impressions, but nobody is raving about it as some masterpiece or anything.

You mean on gaf? Of course not, look at how people have turned on the game generally. I don't think gaf is a good barometer for how this game will do with reviewers and the general public. The echochamber on here has been really toxic (justified in a some ways, exaggerated in most). I am personally still waiting to see some reviews, but I may very well be getting this game next week. I may not, but I'm just waiting around.

RawNuts

Not story related but might ruin the surprise:
I found a singing trout on a wall in a room; when hacked, it drops a rap with a bunch of f-bombs. Hilarious.

Hallucination mini games make the game worth £13. Finally, something fun to do!
Within all of the side activities that feel like chores, Spider Tank and Madness were a welcome change; they're actually modes I want to play just because they're so fun, not just something I need to do to cross off my list.

murgo

Not story related but might ruin the surprise:
I found a singing trout on a wall in a room; when hacked, it drops a rap with a bunch of f-bombs. Hilarious.

Lol, awesome :D I also found a
raving rabbid in a bar in Pawnee. It started singing/crying that trademark gibberish after hacking it.

Matush

How are the HUD options? Can you enable and disable each item separately? Can you resize each thing or move its placement? Thanks.
I would like to know that too.

got the game on ps4 and it feels more like open world splinter cell than gta which i like very much.
Aw yiss. Watching IGN stream got me really excited for it, they managed to hack into CTOS without killing anyone just by using cameras abd hacking in the enviroment, this is something I'm looking forward.

Kelsey

Banned
Lol, awesome :D I also found a
raving rabbid in a bar in Pawnee. It started singing/crying that trademark gibberish after hacking it.

I found
A moosehead that when you hack it tells a joke - What do you get when you cross a moose with a ghost? A Cariboooooooo!

ttech10

I get the feeling that people are now begrudgingly admitting that the game is better than downgradding hyperbole of the last few weeks made it out to be.

Well, I for one was proven wrong about it. I went from seeing the game as a big IF to downloading it on PC and by the end of the day, putting down a pre-order. I think it will be right there with GTA:V, with each having their high points and low points.

However, I can actually see myself playing through Watch_Dogs more than once as it has a reputation meter and missions can be played different ways. And I'm sure many more interesting things will be found when it releases.

Just from the little I played yesterday I found you can use the traffic bollards to launch yourself in the air if you time it right.

Hasney

I'm now diving out of cars to make missions even slightly enjoyable. Regenerating health and fucked up physics make it a joy. I can bounce off tarmac and fly high into the air!

Dawg

There's a side mission "investigation" subplot about a
serial killer who leaves behind bodies and audio files

Dawg

Aw yiss. Watching IGN stream got me really excited for it, they managed to hack into CTOS without killing anyone just by using cameras abd hacking in the enviroment, this is something I'm looking forward.

This is what I do most of the time, together with a silenced handgun just in case. It's like digital stealth.

The second i lured 2 cops chasing me onto the rotating bridge and then activating it and getting off just before the cops could and waiting there while i listened to the cops call in to have it rotated back i knew i was going to love this fucking game.

The world can seem dead/empty at times (what open world game doesnt? GTA V even feels dead at times) but if you spend some time just walking around and listen into phone calls and conversations, beatboxing and guitar playing it feels alive and interesting. I even came across a guy training in the park for kickboxing and i just sat and watched him for a good 2 minutes. Last night i spent probably a good 2 hours just doing those things and was fully engaged and never felt bored.

Like i said before, the game may not be the prettiest girl at the dance but her personality is great and shes incredibly fun to hang out with. I have 0 regrets buying the game twice.

*internet high-five*

TheJerit

GameFly just shipped it out too me so....hoping for the best.

Me too. Almost choked on my coffee this morning as I instinctively bursted out a yuuuuussssss as i saw that email. I was surprised as i originally had wolfenstein on top of my queue,but since it hadnt shipped yet, a couple days ago i moved watch dogs up to my first spot.

Gamefly has earned another 3 month gift certificate from me.

Top Bottom