• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

i9DVBHFz40KiI.jpg

No AA in PS4?

So yeah, they're going to need to implement some penalties for disconnecting as a hacking victim. Almost had the 100% stealth tailing trophy twice now.

SighFight

i9DVBHFz40KiI.jpg

No AA in PS4?

I think there is some form of AA because some parts like the windows on the left and the air conditioning (the wall mounts) look pretty good. But with sub pixel lines there seems to be a problem with the applied method resulting in dashed black lines looking horrible in some cases!

I could not be any more torn on this game.

Watching it in motion on Youtube, it looks great.

Looking at these stills you guys are posting, it looks like doody.

Maybe inFAMOUS spoiled me but when I see these stills, yes even the PS4 ones, everything looks so.....flat and dead.

SJRB

Gold Member

Maybe inFAMOUS spoiled me but when I see these stills, yes even the PS4 ones, everything looks so.....flat and dead.

So screengrabs > actual video for you? How bizarre.

Mr Moose

I think it looks better in the stills.

Mine didn't come today, BOOO! Damn you, GAME, why did you tell me it was sent out on Thursday!?

ttech10

I would.

But is it possible to get away with crimes in the game?

From my experience, cops get on you from someone calling police, so I believe you can get away with stuff. Sometimes that alone doesn't get police on you, a circle shows up that scans for you and once that fills up, you finally get the cops looking for you.

It's done so much better than psychic GTA cops.

The videos are always going to be a much better representation. ALWAYS.

Screen grabs tend to be really dependant on art style to look impressive. Not necessarily if the art style is good or bad, it's just that different art styles present on screenshots better.

From my experience, cops get on you from someone calling police, so I believe you can get away with stuff. Sometimes that alone doesn't get police on you, a circle shows up that scans for you and once that fills up, you finally get the cops looking for you.

It's done so much better than psychic GTA cops.

If you shoot someone in an area with no other npcs with a silenced weapon, no one calls the cops. Even in a semi-crowded one sometimes they still don't. This is the best notoriety system in a sandbox game yet. I can finally play open-world Hitman.

Proxy

Video looks better than stills. Who could have guessed?

JLeack

Banned
To those saying that the next gen versions look like last gen, you must not be familiar with draw distance. I'm playing the Xbox One version and you can see in the distance way farther than anything last gen. The 512 RAM of last gen would choke so hard when trying to render the city without a low draw distance.

Klocker

Watching lots of vids on Xbox one Upload and damn this games looks pretty cool, loving the mechanics and info displayed and tactical combat and stealth options...

Can't wait.. looks pretty too, even compressed .. actual version will look glorious now that I've seen so much compressed video 😏

M.W.

K ... buying this. Two questions -
1. How are you guys getting it early? It would be nice to have for the long weekend.
2. Does the PSN version preload?

1. Some stores sold it early (mom and pop shops)
2. No preload. Available at midnight on the 27th.

I'd also like to know if any major retailer has broken street date?

M.W.

Sucks that it won't have pre-load for PSN -_- everyone is going to be downloading it at the same time so the DL speeds will be ass.
pFUiIX5.png

I DL'ed Wolfy (52gb) last week and I was to play after about 10-15 minutes (DL while playing feature). It shouldn't be too bad.

Trejik

I might be doing something wrong here, but my PC can't run this on Ultra.

Running and I7 4770k, 8 GB RAM, and a GTX 770 2GB OC. Anyone else having issues?

iNvid02

Running and I7 4770k, 8 GB RAM, and a GTX 770 2GB OC. Anyone else having issues?

your card has 2gb of vram, ultra requires 3gb. tone down the texture quality.
i dont think a steady 60 is possible

People are having trouble with 780s. So far it seems like the game just wants to eat up whatever vram is available. Hit up the performance thread.

Top Bottom