• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs reviews

Alpende

Kind of expected, I predicted a 81 and it is a 81 so far. I won't get this for full price though, I'm done with buying full price Ubi games.

7 is too high for that game. Seriously. The game is generic in every way(Story,shooting etc) and only has one cool feature (hacking) that gets old fast enough (press x to hack, press x to hack).

A few people got new phones and now the game gets good scores.

Gaz_RB

7 is too high for that game. Seriously. The game is generic in every way(Story,shooting etc) and only has one cool feature (hacking) that gets old fast enough (press x to hack, press x to hack).

The first "moneyhat!" since the reviews came out. congrats!

bombshell

Dualshockers (9/10)

Conclusion:

And that’s exactly what Watch_Dogs is all about: fun. You can sit in front of your TV for ten hours straight or just fire up your console for a ten minute spider tank trip, and you’ll leave satisfied. Watch_Dogs may not have the best story out there and certain elements may not be 100% perfect, but things mesh together in a beautifully large open world playground that will leave you wanting more, and will pretty much always have more to give.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Zeliard

Did you play it?

I guess the verdict is good not great, which seems like most expected. By now we are well aware of the outlets that are just part of the hype machine (IGN,, etc..) and those which are more concerned about assessing the game's merit (eurogamer, GB....).

AdanVC

So... Looks like this game stopped being a strong contender for GOTY... Not a single 10 or perfect score so far. Of course all of those scores are great but I honestly was expecting a few 10s here and there considering this is a "AAA" game from a big publisher. Oh well.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Crucially, you never actually feel like you're hacking anything. A lot of the time you're just pressing a button to make something happen, which at a functional level is no different to any action game. When you do get to actually hack into things at a system level, it's via a tired old PipeMania-style puzzle where you rotate pieces to guide a blue power line to a goal. If anything underscores how little interest the game has in using "hacking" as anything other than a marketable context for "making cool s*** happen", it's this.

This was my main fear about this game after seeing that all the newer trailers were putting less and less emphasis on the hacking pary, compared to the cool reveal.

Fusebox

Banned
After checking a few reviews I've decided to buy the vanilla game, not the season pass or anything but it looks fun and pretty enough for me.

I guess the verdict is good not great, which seems like most expected. By now we are well aware of the outlets that are just part of the hype machine (IGN,, etc..) and those which are more concerned about assessing the game's merit (eurogamer, GB....).

It seems you listed ones which assessed the game's merit as ones which agree with your preconceived notion of the game's quality. How do you determine which ones are part of the hype machine?

I'd say the reviews are pretty fair up to this point.

I'm loving the game so far. Lots of content, decent storyline, great voice work, and fun gameplay.

Xater

Reading through like 8 reviews it seems like my fears for this game have been confirmed. The Ubisoft open world game design is in full effect and the hacking seems rather like flashy window dressing to the otherwise standard third person action. To me that sounds like skip. Will read some more GAF impressions down the line and maybe pick it up for cheap.

Ser Goje

To people who played the game, is Eurogamer's review true? Or are they just trying to make it look bad? I was gonna buy it but after this, i dunno...

Top Bottom