• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Plinko said:
This is my first TGS thread here at the GAF. I find the process amazing:

Rumors--->Hype--->Speculation--->Keynote--->Nothing of Interest--->End of Keynote--->Disappointment--->Meltdown

That sums up about every one of these threads.

smurfx

get some go again
rakka said:
12:27.35 - He's referring to the PS3 price surprise announcement last year. "No surprise in this regard this year."
man i feel sorry for sony if they aren't going to do anything else regarding the ps3 this year. they can at least give you a game or 2 for free or something because they are going to have a really hard time this xmas.

Xekrn said:
He didn't say anything about price drop. You still have hope.

22:30.28 -

"Price is a very important aspect, but at the same time the urgent matter is to what extent we can further enrich the software titles."

He says "there is [a] possibility" for a price cut in the future.

22:27.35 -

He's referring to the PS3 price surprise announcement last year. "No surprise in this regard this year."

Is it just me or did Sony compare PSP, PS3, and PS2 sales all put together vs. Wii and DS and 360 as seperates? In other words, Sony family vs. DS vs. Wii vs. 360. They actually used that in their conference didn't they

Bebpo

Banned
Last year they showed off hot new JPN games like White Knight Story. That was when devs were still learning the PS3 and there weren't many games in production.

Now A YEAR LATER and we get NOTHING. Where is your PSP support for 2008 JAPAN?!? US has Clank, God of War. Where are the new PS3 games for late 2008, early 2009?

Amir0x

Banned
Shard said:
You will learn to love to 3d presented on the DS in time.

Around the same time I start thinking the 400lb prostitutes on the jerry springer show are hot, or I go blind.

Both cases is never. Let the N64-era 3D die the horrible, ugly death as it should. DS should be the ultimate awesome 2D machine

the_id

Ether_Snake said:
PEOPLE!

The 3 Kingdom Hearts game rumor was from the SAME rumor that said: Final Fantasy VII - Endless Crisis!

But like I said before it's probably just a re-release of FFVII PSX on Blu-Ray:p With some extra FFVII sutff.

SPILL IT ETHER_SNAKE!!!!!!!!! you know something we don't. YOU KNOW SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
Around the same time I start thinking the 400lb prostitutes on the jerry springer show are hot, or I go blind.

Both cases is never

One of those can be arranged you know.

GHG

Plinko said:

Rumors--->Hype--->Speculation--->Keynote--->Nothing of Interest--->Denail and Hope--->End of Keynote--->Disappointment--->Meltdown

Added in the denail and hope phase, but yeh, that pretty much sums it up. You should have been around for last years keynote, this place went nuts :lol .

Crushed

Fry Daddy
BH_072.jpg

DumbandDumber0054.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That Afrika trailer is buffering like hell, gonna wait for it to show up on Gametrailers.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
PEOPLE!

The 3 Kingdom Hearts game rumor was from the SAME rumor that said: Final Fantasy VII - Endless Crisis!

But like I said before it's probably just a re-release of FFVII PSX on Blu-Ray:p With some extra FFVII sutff.

Wrong. The consoles/game names are totally different.

Eurogamer parroting Kaz Q&A:

"Price is a very important aspect, but at the same time the urgent matter is to what extent we can further enrich the software titles."

Edit: beaten. Damn these threads go fast.

Admitting that software is an urgent matter is important. You have to get past denial when on the road to recovery.

traveler

Not Wario
My disappointment has nothing to do with rumors and everything to do with the fact that it has been two years since Shadow of the Colossus. Why hasn't Sony shown anything new from the team?

IzumiK

Banned
"7:29: Kaz was asked about what he thinks of Wii -- a competitor or friend? He says that they are good competitors."

~Kaz stabs an Iwata voodoo doll under the desk~

Xekrn

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
22:30.28 -

22:27.35 -

He's referring to the PS3 price surprise announcement last year. "No surprise in this regard this year."
Yep, noticed that, post edited.

Here goes Sony's 2007 ... hmm.

Belfast said:
WAS NOT A CONFERENCE, WAS A KEYNOTE. We did get a few neat things out of it, but the focus was invariably going to be on technology and Sony's position within the industry, NOT game announcements. We would've been lucky to get one, but we didn't. Nonetheless, there are other companies yet to talk.

Also, Afrika looks hawt.

says the one who started the thread ;)

Grecco

Amir0x said:

Both cases is never. Let the N64-era 3D die the horrible, ugly death as it should. DS should be the ultimate awesome 2D machine

Animal Crossing shows the DS can do good lucking 3D. Learn to Love it Amirox. Learn to Love. (Actually im starting to hate AC myself)

3rdman

Plinko said:

Rumors--->Hype--->Speculation--->Keynote--->Nothing of Interest--->End of Keynote--->Disappointment--->Meltdown
The best part is that they NEVER learn. Next conference will see the same pattern emerge...I love it!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just watched the "Afrika" video.

Is "Afrika" just an African version of Pokemon Snap with better graphics?

FrankT

prelude514 said:
7:28 p.m. -- The Nikkei guy presses on about the price, and Hirai says that a price drop is possible.

Man O Man. Bet Pachter is in here right now combing through the bodies.

Were you guys really expecting a price cut for US/Europe to be announced at TGS in... Japan?...

Anyway to sum it up

- PSP-PS3 connectivity to be improved
- Wake-on-lan
- Dualshock 3, lots of games already support it
- HOME delayed
- Tons of new trailers
- PSN Store to be available on the PC

Well it wasn't that bad for a Keynote.

rs7k

Looks like I won't get banned. No way the PS3 is gonna have another price drop this year, it would be like Sony admitting the system is a failure.

Amir0x

Banned
Grecco said:
Animal Crossing shows the DS can do good lucking 3D. Learn to Love it Amirox. Learn to Love. (Actually im starting to hate AC myself)

Animal Crossing is the ultimate example of its archaic, pixelated N64-era 3D.

I mean, say what you will about Wonderful World, that shit looked rad 'cause it was 2D. Awesome 2D. Taking advantage of what the system is good at, instead of relying on what the system is fucking atrocious at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom