• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is why Mario 64 DS, a launch title, still looks better than almost every 3D DS title. I never had a problem with the way that game looked, but I couldn't cope with FFIII.

Oh, and keynote Sony delay etc.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
TheGreatDave said:
:lol people really need to stop looking forward to Keynotes. I've been guilty of it too but come on.

Wasn't the Wiimote unveiling the TGS05 keynote? It's not like megatons haven't happened before at these things.

But yeah, it's always better to set your expectations low so that you're rarely dissapointed.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Amir0x said:
Around the same time I start thinking the 400lb prostitutes on the jerry springer show are hot, or I go blind.

Both cases is never. Let the N64-era 3D die the horrible, ugly death as it should. DS should be the ultimate awesome 2D machine

Isn't happening if the highest selling titles are 3D.

Tisan said:
Why isn't anyone asking about the tech in the DS3? Is it standard or next-gen rumble?
It's a good question... but right now I'm guessing it's standard rumble because surely they would have mentioned it on stage if it was "next gen rumble"?

X26

Banned
rs7k said:
Looks like I won't get banned. No way the PS3 is gonna have another price drop this year, it would be like Sony admitting the system is a failure.

mods are getting lazy with tags

Cmagus

yet another dissapointment, whatever you know im so pissed right now but whatever just making me regret purchasing this thing more and more.

Metalmurphy said:
Were you guys really expecting a price cut for US/Europe to be announced at TGS in... Japan?...

Anyway to sum it up

- PSP-PS3 connectivity to be improved
- Wake-on-lan
- Dualshock 3, lots of games already support it
- HOME delayed
- Tons of new trailers
- PSN Store to be available on the PC

Well it wasn't that bad for a Keynote.

Pffft, sounds like a TOTAL CONFERENCE BOMBA to me, lolz.

Johnas

traveler said:
My disappointment has nothing to do with rumors and everything to do with the fact that it has been two years since Shadow of the Colossus. Why hasn't Sony shown anything new from the team?

I'm beginning to wonder about this too. Aren't they working on two projects?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Alright... good night everybody. Sleep tight, I love you all.

Sony: We're waiting, we're out there, but we're losing faith. We want to play great games on your system. That's all we want. I don't want a supercomputer. I don't want to cure cancer. I don't want to play dressup and gangbang 13 year old girls in Home. I want to chill with my friends and play games. Why must you make it so difficult?

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
I like how the lines between the various "factions" of "fans" draws deeper as this generation of gaming continues. Even to the point where mods are getting involved. :lol

Anyway, regarding price cut, you never ever announce a price cut unless it's happening that very moment that you announce it. You never say "oh next week we're going to cut the price." So those answers were pretty shallow, they can never answer the price cut statement. It'll be a price cut announcement.

Stopsign said:
Hopefully this year Afrika looks more amazinger.

~9:28

I must just say that I'm psychic so this should surprise you that I got my predictions right. Next year we might get a clip from the final version of Afrika.

Grecco

Amir0x said:
Animal Crossing is the ultimate example of its archaic, pixelated N64-era 3D.

I mean, say what you will about Wonderful World, that shit looked rad 'cause it was 2D. Awesome 2D. Taking advantage of what the system is good at, instead of relying on what the system is fucking atrocious at.

How bout Ninja Gaiden then? I think it looks awesome. DS can do competent 3D. Obviously not at console/PSP level. I think theres room for both (Though Contra 4 a 2D title, is my most wanted DS title of this year btw,)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Cmagus said:
yet another dissapointment, whatever you know im so pissed right now but whatever just making me regret purchasing this thing more and more.

So I guess all those awesome games this year and next coming out don't seem to matter much to ya eh?

Seriously, stop.

tanod

when is my burrito
So they're basically giving up in trying to gain any momentum for the duration of 2007. Good deal.

*runs to play some more Heavenly Sword and BioShock*

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Loudninja said:
Come on, it was not THAT bad, we know Afrkia is still coming, and the remote play, and the DualShock 3 was cool

dude... it was TERRIBLE. Home delayed for months, DS3 not until next year and same old tech, remote play was alright, and we all knew afrika was still coming.

Kyoufu

Johnas said:
I'm beginning to wonder about this too. Aren't they working on two projects?

They could be doing what Atlus are doing with Persona 4, keeping it under wraps then unveiling after TGS so it doesn't get buried.

If that is the case, the game must be hype worthy to get its own unveiling. Maybe.

the_id

TheGreatDave said:
What I don't get is why Mario 64 DS, a launch title, still looks better than almost every 3D DS title. I never had a problem with the way that game looked, but I couldn't cope with FFIII.

Oh, and keynote Sony delay etc.

pass me the crack.

ZealousD said:
Wasn't the Wiimote unveiling the TGS05 keynote? It's not like megatons haven't happened before at these things.

But yeah, it's always better to set your expectations low so that you're rarely dissapointed.

Well, yeah, but we all knew that was coming at TGS; Nintendo were at the point they had to show it. But you never go in to a keynote and expect anything but a companies philosophy to be presented first and foremost.

I think Sony really could have done more but this isn't supposed to be a "buy our shit!" event. He was suppose to be saying something of value.

rs7k said:
Looks like I won't get banned. No way the PS3 is gonna have another price drop this year, it would be like Sony admitting the system is a failure.
Well, a price drop alone isn't enough. They need to back it up with a column of tanks to make it stick. That's why I expect that Spring '08 is where you'll see the $399 version along with all of the software and Home. They've still got too much old & expensive hardware in the retail channels sitting around to add another SKU this late in the year.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This is as good a place to ask as any- are we going to hear more new stuff from 3rd parties throughout the next few hours (for all platforms) or should I go to bed?

Loudninja

msdstc said:
dude... it was TERRIBLE. Home delayed for months, DS3 not until next year and same old tech, remote play was alright, and we all knew afrika was still coming.

Not was not, people are making like its the wost thing ever, when it was not.Alot of people were looking forward to Afrkia and the DualShock 3

Polari

Bebpo said:
Last year they showed off hot new JPN games like White Knight Story. That was when devs were still learning the PS3 and there weren't many games in production.

Still probably more than there are now. *rimshot*

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Can I see a picture of the new controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom