• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnas

Kyoufu said:
They could be doing what Atlus are doing with Persona 4, keeping it under wraps then unveiling after TGS so it doesn't get buried.

If that is the case, the game must be hype worthy to get its own unveiling. Maybe.

I admire your optimism. Let's hope!

Amir0x

Banned
Grecco said:
How bout Ninja Gaiden then? I think it looks awesome. DS can do competent 3D. Obviously not at console/PSP level. I think theres room for both (Though Contra 4 a 2D title, is my most wanted DS title of this year btw,)

Wait, you really want to settle for "competent." That's like, the highest praise? Why don't we go for "awesome", instead of "competent", which is the type of 2D DS can do? Anyway, I don't even think DS 3D is competent... but if I did, Ninja Gaiden is a bad example too since almost all of it is pre-rendered, which requires almost no power at all comparable to rendering the shit in real-time. AND it's uglier, static and makes things feel dead by comparison.

Anyway, I mean you've got so many good looking 2D games... and so many games would work well in 2D. It's disappointing that it's always overlooked on DS for... the ugliest possible 3D.

I put this as a tie with Microsoft's E3 presentation and still better than Nintendo's E3 presentation though neither of those distinctions is a good thing.

Loudninja said:
Not was not, people are making like its the wost thing ever, when it was not.Alot of people were looking forward to Afrkia and the DualShock 3

But people were talking about DS3 rocking holiday titles this year. DS3 and HOME delays to 08 just feel like an absolute surrender for Holiday 07 in NA. AND GT5 is December IN JAPAN. No mention of a US release. That's pretty bad, all told, for NA.

Gahiggidy said:
Can I see a picture of the new controller?

tgs-2007-the-sony-press-conference-live-blog-20070919071935066-000.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, all I know is, there better be some killer games on the floor or yet to be announced. If not, screw it.

kay

TTP said:
Jesus christ. COD4 for 360 then. Rumble was the discrtiminating factor.
Can't you just get a Japanese controller? I don't see the problem with that unless supply is limited but I doubt it.

So basically, the PS3 is really launching in spring 2008 (HOME, real controller, lower price, some good games) and Sony fans paid $600 to do beta testing.

Steroyd

traveler said:
Note to Game Companies: Call all future press conferences from now on keynotes for safety.

Sony did call this a keynote and it ended a conference bomba.

Shame it's the last big conference of the year now it's xmas sales time.

BenjaminBirdie said:
But people were talking about DS3 rocking holiday titles this year. DS3 and HOME delays to 08 just feel like an absolute surrender for Holiday 07 in NA. AND GT5 is December IN JAPAN. No mention of a US release. That's pretty bad, all told, for NA.

To be fair, this is the TOKYO Game Show. The focus was on Japanese gaming.

h3ro

I need to stop expecting megatons... but come on, not even a little firecracker?

I don't care about looking at animals, thats what the Discovery Channel is for, nor do I want to watch TV on my PSP, thats what a TV is for.

All I want is for Sony and SE to take my money and give me a game that I already dropped 150+ hours of my life on, put it in a Blu Ray case and sell it back to me for $60.

If they want to make money on the damn thing, what could be easier than selling something you already made!!!

IDIOTS!

msdstc said:
sixaxis-controller-2.jpg

now just pretend it's vibrating.
lol

Lol pretend it's vibrating. I am soooo glad they didn't change anything, if they did I can't tell.
OokieSpookie said:
I put this as a tie with Microsoft's E3 presentation and still better than Nintendo's E3 presentation though neither of those distinctions is a good thing.
Well this was a keynote, but it still sucked :p

SPEA

7:38: "We want to go back to the starting point to see what it is. I think in the broad sense, it IS a game machine, and it IS a blu-ray player, and it IS a supercomputer. But on a fundamental level, it's a game machine, and we want to make sure that we lead in that respect."

Kaz seemed to of changed his outlook from last year.

The HOME delay is understandable. But, holding back the DS3 until Spring 2008 is ridiculous.

Why even show it? As if the $600 pricetag wasn't enough to keep people waiting.

BenjaminBirdie said:

Home and DualShock 3 have very little to do with "winning" the holiday season. Do you think a substantial number of people are going to buy one for those two things? Get real.
If Home isn't ready, it isn't ready. Let them finish the thing instead of releasing a half done piece of software, then have everyone here bitch because they couldn't finish it.

DeaconKnowledge said:
To be fair, this is the TOKYO Game Show. The focus was on Japanese gaming.

Absolutely, but instead of just focusing on Japan they actually announced things that will have a detrimental impact on NA. They can't just wait until a later conference to make HOME and DS3 available this holiday for GT5P.

TTP said:
It's IDENTICAL to the current one.

All the humor about the keynote not withstanding, it's irritating as fuck that that they are giving us a controller with an almost identical form factor as the Dual Shock 1 one decade ago. Controller design has come a hell of a long way since then, analog buttons + waggle + wireless + shitty triggers is not as much progress as we should have since then. The SixAxis needs some serious work and they just blew a big chance to reinvent it.

Big-E

siamesedreamer said:
The HOME delay is understandable. But, holding back the DS3 until Spring 2008 is ridiculous.

Why even show it? As if the $600 pricetag wasn't enough to keep people waiting.

Because its coming out in November for Japan?

Pistolero

Catchpenny said:
So basically, the PS3 is really launching in spring 2008 (HOME, real controller, lower price, some good games) and Sony fans paid $600 to do beta testing.

Good one ! :lol
And WTF at this thread ? Seriously, if the last TGS is to go by, games will be unveiled on the floor. At the worst behind closed doors. If your "potential" heart stealer is not to be found, you should blame yourself for swallowing the rumors...

Rolf NB

Wtf is this the same thread that had like 11 pages when I started following the live blog?

I have only one question that hasn't been answered yet: how does that llama wyrm thing fart?

Oh and stupid fail at no-pricedrop-ton.
*kicks up a shovel*

besada

Banned
Afrika is looking more and more like Peter Molyneux's B.C. The keep showing footage, no real gameplay, and they've been showing it since before launch.

kay said:
Can't you just get a Japanese controller? I don't see the problem with that unless supply is limited but I doubt it.

I don't see why anyone would import a controller from Japan to play a game they could've bought months earlier with rumble on another console they already own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom