• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WEDNESDAYTON PT 3 or: How sony fans stopped worrying and learned to love the bomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaX_PL

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
But people were talking about DS3 rocking holiday titles this year. DS3 and HOME delays to 08 just feel like an absolute surrender for Holiday 07 in NA. AND GT5 is December IN JAPAN. No mention of a US release. That's pretty bad, all told, for NA.

maybe they realize theyve lost this holiday and will just release all their hits next year along with a 399 price drop?

Evlar

Banned
GenericPseudonym said:
I don't see why anyone would import a controller from Japan to play a game they could've bought months earlier with rumble on another console they already own.
Like Uncharted? Or Ratchet and Clank?

the_id

TheGreatDave said:
What do you object to?

this one:

What I don't get is why Mario 64 DS, a launch title, still looks better than almost every 3D DS title. I never had a problem with the way that game looked, but I couldn't cope with FFIII.

i agree with the DS being ugly when it comes to 3d games. why are you comparing it to a game that was on the N64? unless i'm stupid N64 is a console with far more powers than the NDS and mario 64 was an N64 game.

fistfulofmetal said:
Home and DualShock 3 have very little to do with "winning" the holiday season. Do you think a substantial number of people are going to buy one for those two things? Get real.
If Home isn't ready, it isn't ready. Let them finish the thing instead of releasing a half done piece of software, then have everyone here bitch because they couldn't finish it.

Oh jeez, who's talking about "winning" the holiday season? I guess I was just expecting a little newly introduced momentum for the console this year.

FrankT

Catchpenny said:
So basically, the PS3 is really launching in spring 2008 (HOME, real controller, lower price, some good games) and Sony fans paid $600 to do beta testing.

$399 with the Dualshock 3 with MGS4 dropping around that time, yea, I'll probably bite at that point. When I feel the value.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
seriously people weren't kidding when they said 2008 was ps3s year. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed AGAIN, and I don't have to keep getting let down over and over. It's so hard being a sony fan:lol

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
msdstc said:
OF COURSE NOT ARE YOU BLIND, this is the one you're thinking of.

ps2-dualshock2.jpg
Ohhhhhh! Ok, yeah. I hated that thing... its a piece of shit. The new one will probably be a lot better.

Nice, but expected anouncements. I guess i'll catch up on the news about actual games tommorrow. I don't see why anyone was expecting a[price cut announcement at TGS, if they dropped something like that the only news would bre the price cut, it would overshadow any other news and depress sales unless the price cut was effective toomrrow.

MaX_PL said:
maybe they realize theyve lost this holiday and will just release all their hits next year along with a 399 price drop?

I suppose. That doesn't sound like the best idea though. Putting up a bit of a fight would at least have closed the gap a little. I still believe this is going to be a hugely critical holiday for all three consoles.

msdstc said:
seriously people weren't kidding when they said 2008 was ps3s year. Hopefully it doesn't get delayed AGAIN, and I don't have to keep getting let down over and over. It's so hard being a sony fan:lol

these delays are just killin' me.

I can understand delays to make something better. That's great and recommended... but is RESISTANCE the only first-party Sony production that has come on schedule?

siamesedreamer said:
The HOME delay is understandable. But, holding back the DS3 until Spring 2008 is ridiculous.

Why even show it? As if the $600 pricetag wasn't enough to keep people waiting.

It'll be out in Japan this year. This Keynote was for Japan.

Woo-Fu

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
All the humor about the keynote not withstanding, it's irritating as fuck that that they are giving us a controller with an almost identical form factor as the Dual Shock 1 one decade ago. Controller design has come a hell of a long way since then, analog buttons + waggle + wireless + shitty triggers is not as much progress as we should have since then. The SixAxis needs some serious work and they just blew a big chance to reinvent it.

You must get really pissed every time you see a car go by with round wheels. WTF? Wheels have been round forever even though materials science has come so far.

In other words, form follows function. ;)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
GenericPseudonym said:
I don't see why anyone would import a controller from Japan to play a game they could've bought months earlier with rumble on another console they already own.

Wait, why didn't anyone tell me I owned a 360? And that all of Sony's games are on it?!?

Jeez, some people.

Flakster99

SPEA said:
7:38: "We want to go back to the starting point to see what it is. I think in the broad sense, it IS a game machine, and it IS a blu-ray player, and it IS a supercomputer. But on a fundamental level, it's a game machine, and we want to make sure that we lead in that respect."

Kaz seemed to of changed his outlook from last year.

Most definitely. We can thank SE for that.

FrankT

kay said:
Can't you just get a Japanese controller? I don't see the problem with that unless supply is limited but I doubt it.

Well, not seeing as one of the games confirmed to have it. That could be the issue their.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I suppose. That doesn't sound like the best idea though. Putting up a bit of a fight would at least have closed the gap a little. I still believe this is going to be a hugely critical holiday for all three consoles.

..nah. It's too late for one of those consoles.

Sony are ridiculous at this point. Fucking ridiculous. How long do they expect people to wait for them to get their shit together?

I can't figure this out. The entire TGS show was really Sony's stage. They had a chance to hit one out of the park with a whole bunch of unexpected announcements. Instead they play it close to the vest and we all come away saying "meh." What was the point of that? Are they waiting for a more appropriate, or rather, a more opportune time to announce a whole slew of games they have in the works for 2008 and beyond? This just makes no sense.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Woo-Fu said:
You must get really pissed every time you see a car go by with round wheels. WTF? Wheels have been round forever even though materials science has come so far.

In other words, form follows function. ;)

Actually, automobiles don't work anymore either.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DeceitDecide said:
I can't figure this out. The entire TGS show was really Sony's stage. They had a chance to hit one out of the park with a whole bunch of unexpected announcements. Instead they play it close to the vest and we all come away saying "meh." What was the point of that? Are they waiting for a more appropriate, or rather, a more opportune time to announce a whole slew of games they have in the works for 2008 and beyond? This just makes no sense.

It was actually just a keynote, not a conference. GAFfers like me just like to push the hype to sky-high limits. :lol

Well, it's time to get the hype up for Nintendo's October Conference where NEW STUFF will be announced! HYPE +10000000000

Tabris said:
Seriousely guys, when's the Square Enix keynote/conference/closed theatre on ffvii thing?
I want this one answered, too.

diddlyD

Banned
GenericPseudonym said:
I can see why everyone would import a controller from Japan to play a game they could've bought months earlier with rumble on another console they already own but is in a brown box being sent to the manufacturer for repair for the 8th time.

fixed

DuckRacer

Plinko said:
Just watched the "Afrika" video.

Is "Afrika" just an African version of Pokemon Snap with better graphics?
It was rumored to be that, and this trailer with the dude taking a bunch of photos with his camera is more evidence.

My opinion of the keynote? Meh. I didn't expect much (so I wouldn't have high expectations, see: FFVII remake), but having Home delayed to next spring f'ing sucks. Same with the DualShock 3 – I thought they'd release it over here in November in time for Uncharted, but when it's getting released after all the fall games are old news, without a change in form factor... that just sucks.

It's really amazing what happened with Afrika – a year or so ago, we thought it was one of the best looking PS3 titles... now it just looks average in comparison to Uncharted and Killzone. How time flies...

Overall, average keynote/conference/whatever. Completely overhyped again, of course (like E3/Leipzig). Oh well.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Tabris said:
(can't tell sarcasm right now so I'll assume that's straight) Oh, when's the show open?

Don't mean to be a downer, but I'd assume any other Square megatons would be known now that the KH spinoffs have been announced.

Izzy

Banned
It's ok lads, it's OK, once he finishes the work on the new Kingdom Hearts PSP game, Nomura will announce FFVII remake -
for PSP

MEGATON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom