• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weight Loss Before/After Thread! (with pics)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I've been on this SUPER strict diet for the past 2 months or so.
Prior to starting I was 265lbs, now I am 230lbs :D

funny enough when I was 265lbs, people didn't believe me since my body proportioned the weight lol. I'm trying to get down to 200lbs or so then start toning muscle

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ch0mp said:
I wouldn't call that a plateau.

Does the number on the scales really matter to you? I mean it sounds like you're improving your body composition.

no not at all, hell I don't care whether weigh 200 or 400 if it looks good ( obviously none of those will look good on me given me height but I digress... ).

What's puzzling me is if I'm losing fat, which I know I am since I've gotten leaner in the last couple of weeks, how come my weight stays the same. Same diet, same excercise etc etc.

W1SSY

This is my first post in the thread and it looks like I may want to bookmark it so I can keep coming back for motivation.

Currently I am about 245 and 5'11". In the last two weeks I have cut out sodas completely and started drinking water. Last week I found the couch to 5k and have been following that but I was wondering if you really should only do it three times a week like it says. Could I do something else on the days off or could I just continue to do the jogging? Keep in mind that I don't have any weights to work with and as of right now do not have the money for a gym membership. Any insight is appreciated.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
W1SSY said:
This is my first post in the thread and it looks like I may want to bookmark it so I can keep coming back for motivation.

Currently I am about 245 and 5'11". In the last two weeks I have cut out sodas completely and started drinking water. Last week I found the couch to 5k and have been following that but I was wondering if you really should only do it three times a week like it says. Could I do something else on the days off or could I just continue to do the jogging? Keep in mind that I don't have any weights to work with and as of right now do not have the money for a gym membership. Any insight is appreciated.

You don't need weights, you have a 245lb. body.

Do squats and wall presses to start with. Try doing each 20 times per set for at least four sets per day at first and work your way up. You'll start building an incredible amount of leg and arm strength and you'll be working out just about every part of your body neck down.

Zoe

Corky said:
no not at all, hell I don't care whether weigh 200 or 400 if it looks good ( obviously none of those will look good on me given me height but I digress... ).

What's puzzling me is if I'm losing fat, which I know I am since I've gotten leaner in the last couple of weeks, how come my weight stays the same. Same diet, same excercise etc etc.

Muscle is replacing the fat.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Corky said:
I was under the impression that this was nigh impossible on a energy deficiency + low carb diet.

No way. I've gained a ton of muscle in my arms and legs especially since starting this in early February, and on most days I barely consume any carbs at all. I do get a lot of fat and protein, but only from normal meals; I'm not chugging protein shakes or anything like that.

I just do squats, wall presses, push ups and sit ups for maybe a total of 15 minutes a day, but I can actually see my biceps now and my upper legs are as hard as rocks.

Snipes424

Dr Eggman said:
Still struggling to maintain a diet and not really succeeding. My opinion on my body keeps fluctuating but in the end I just turn out to be disappointed and ashamed for wasting a day on ruining my diet. My willpower sucks, so I honestly don't know what to rely on anymore.

It's not even that I'm obese; slightly overweight tops. I just want to diet but it never happens. How can I stop thinking about food when home? It's all about those cravings.

This is how it works for me, it's different for everybody, but I find it extremely hard to reverse multiple problems all at once.

Before I changed my diet, I ran for 20min a day 3-4 times a week. After a while I bumped it to 30min a day 3-4 times a week. After a while of that I'm now at 45min a day 5 times a week. Running has become a habit for me and I feel like my day isn't complete if I don't do it.

During that time I slowly started to cut back on bad shit. The first thing that I let go was soda of any kind. I drink smart water or unsweetened ice tea now. Then I stopped eating fastfood (although I will cheat sometimes on this). Then I replaced snacks you usually eat with fruits/vegetables.

That's where I'm at now. This process took me about a year but it's something I'm going to stick with.

So I think people need to understand if you have 20+ years of bad habits it's near impossible to change every single one of them overnight. Start slow, keep with it, and before you know it you fooled yourself into being healthy.

Hausmeister

Neo Member
TheGoldenGunman said:
Unfortunately, it sounds to me like you'll need surgery to get rid of the skin there. You'll still be able to lose some of that fat through cardio work, but basically your skin has stretched due to your previous bodyshape, and now it will stay like that, because skin is not elastic.

I'd advise going to a Doctor and seeing what they say, but I'm pretty sure you'll get a similar response.

But it's not like the skin just hangs around, it's still "filled" (god that sounds creepy). Like I said, if I lie on my back it's practically gone. But I guess the doctor is the only option I have here... Have other members experience with that sort of thing?

Corky said:
I was under the impression that this was nigh impossible on a energy deficiency + low carb diet.
ketogenic diets especially, but low carb in general are the most muscle sparing diets. When you are on a low fat high carb restricted calorie diet, your insulin still demands fat be stored, and your muscles waste away instead. See: studies linked previously in this thread where obese mice actually die of starvation with loaded fat cells because the body can't chemically use what it has. This is an extreme example of the principle at work however.

Hausmeister said:
But it's not like the skin just hangs around, it's still "filled" (god that sounds creepy). Like I said, if I lie on my back it's practically gone. But I guess the doctor is the only option I have here... Have other members experience with that sort of thing?

I haven't experienced it myself, but I know of at least two people who have been in the same boat you are in, and as I say, it's not an area that will vanish by itself.

In the meantime, you can work out your pectoral muscles, which will make a visible difference to that area of your body. Bench presses and push-ups are two easy ways to target that area of your body. But beware, even if you work this area really hard, it's still more than possible that you will end up looking like you have firm man boobs (yeuch!) as opposed to lean muscle. Quite often you can see this amongst heavy weight lifters and wrestlers...

Based on the description you have posted here, I'm afraid to say that it sounds like you'll need to visit the Doctor. As I understand it, having surgery on that part of the body is actually really common amongst men, so I wouldn't feel discouraged by it.

Hopefully I haven't scared you off or anything. You've done brilliantly to lose the weight you have done, it's just that unfortunately, sometimes the human body doesn't want to reward you in the way that you deserve :(.

Corky

elrechazao said:
ketogenic diets especially, but low carb in general are the most muscle sparing diets. When you are on a low fat high carb restricted calorie diet, your insulin still demands fat be stored, and your muscles waste away instead. See: studies linked previously in this thread where obese mice actually die of starvation with loaded fat cells because the body can't chemically use what it has. This is an extreme example of the principle at work however.

Very interesting, will have a look at the study.

Hausmeister

Neo Member
TheGoldenGunman said:
I haven't experienced it myself, but I know of at least two people who have been in the same boat you are in, and as I say, it's not an area that will vanish by itself.

In the meantime, you can work out your pectoral muscles, which will make a visible difference to that area of your body. Bench presses and push-ups are two easy ways to target that area of your body. But beware, even if you work this area really hard, it's still more than possible that you will end up looking like you have firm man boobs (yeuch!) as opposed to lean muscle. Quite often you can see this amongst heavy weight lifters and wrestlers...

Based on the description you have posted here, I'm afraid to say that it sounds like you'll need to visit the Doctor. As I understand it, having surgery on that part of the body is actually really common amongst men, so I wouldn't feel discouraged by it.

Hopefully I haven't scared you off or anything. You've done brilliantly to lose the weight you have done, it's just that unfortunately, sometimes the human body doesn't want to reward you in the way that you deserve :(.

No worry, I'm not scared off. Actually I showed it to him the last time I was there for another reason and he said I should come back if it doesn't change. Thank you for all the information! :)

I really need to lose some weight. I'm 2m and 108 kg atm (been around 107-108 kg for about 1.5 years now). I want to get into the 85-90kg range. Need to lower my soda intake and instead drink more water. I tend to grab some snacks (chocolate, ice cream, chips, cookies, not enormous amounts but it adds up during the day) when I'm bored, bad habit that I need to get rid off. Besides that, I need to excercise more, nowadays I pretty much sit on my ass all day. No idea what kind of excercise though. I could start with grabbing the bike to the train station (15-20 min trip) instead of taking the bus and doing some excercises at home everyday, like sit-ups etc.

Best year ever if I can reach my goal weight and come out of the closet at the same time. I know what to do, but it's hard to actually do it. Wish I had someone to put some pepper in my ass.

hellboy69

Neo Member
neojubei said:
Incredible. Congrats. I wish i can have the same determination.

trust me man, it just takes a couple weeks of determination then its really easy after that. Once you get the hang of it, it doesn't even feel difficult anymore, it just becomes a part of your lifestyle, and it can even feel difficult to go back to your old bad habits.

During the beginning weeks, you just have to try your best to stay away from foods that you know are bad for you. You wanna stay far away so you don't get tempted into cheating and feeling shitty and disappointed in yourself afterwards. IMO that is the key through out the whole process.

also, like everyone else in this thread says, its important to understand that you need to make small periodic changes in order for it to work long term and keep you from going insane. For example, my brother has done some extreme dieting through out the years where he goes from eating like a pig to starving himself. Not only is that harmful for your body and hard to maintain, it can lead you to give up easily and eventually, get even fatter than you were before you started the diet. Which is what has happened to him every time.

NomarTyme

GasProblem said:
I really need to lose some weight. I'm 2m and 108 kg atm (been around 107-108 kg for about 1.5 years now). I want to get into the 85-90kg range. Need to lower my soda intake and instead drink more water. I tend to grab some snacks (chocolate, ice cream, chips, cookies, not enormous amounts but it adds up during the day) when I'm bored, bad habit that I need to get rid off. Besides that, I need to excercise more, nowadays I pretty much sit on my ass all day. No idea what kind of excercise though. I could start with grabbing the bike to the train station (15-20 min trip) instead of taking the bus and doing some excercises at home everyday, like sit-ups etc.

Best year ever if I can reach my goal weight and come out of the closet at the same time. I know what to do, but it's hard to actually do it. Wish I had someone to put some pepper in my ass.
You need change your lifestyle. First no amount of exercise will ever compare the food you eat. You got to be commit first! PM if you want more detail or post what you been eating besides the stuff you already listed(should cut those out first and foremost, but you already know that).

So I've been directed here from Fitness-GAF since I'm focusing on weight loss over cutting or toning.

I got on a strict but comfortable regimen about ten days ago, and I've so far seen a pretty good loss. I know I weighed 256lbs by the beginning of the month, and today I weighed in at 248. Just jogging around the block for half an hour 6 days a week, and watching what I eat.

This week's menu has been:
  • Bowl of oatmeal for breakfast
  • Bowl of Kashi cereal (honey almond flax) + a cup of orange juice
  • Salad (spinach, arugula, etc + hardboiled egg and 2 slices of turkey bacon)
  • 2 or so apples throughout the day as snacks
  • Turkey/chicken breast/fish + vegetables
  • Cup of yogurt

Looking for some advice for a future grocery trip, since I know this selection will get boring soon. Keep in mind I find tuna and mayo/miracle whip unpalatable, sadly.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Etrian Oddity said:
So I've been directed here from Fitness-GAF since I'm focusing on weight loss over cutting or toning.

I got on a strict but comfortable regimen about ten days ago, and I've so far seen a pretty good loss. I know I weighed 256lbs by the beginning of the month, and today I weighed in at 248. Just jogging around the block for half an hour 6 days a week, and watching what I eat.

This week's menu has been:
  • Bowl of oatmeal for breakfast
  • Bowl of Kashi cereal (honey almond flax) + a cup of orange juice
  • Salad (spinach, arugula, etc + hardboiled egg and 2 slices of turkey bacon)
  • 2 or so apples throughout the day as snacks
  • Turkey/chicken breast/fish + vegetables
  • Cup of yogurt

Looking for some advice for a future grocery trip, since I know this selection will get boring soon. Keep in mind I find tuna and mayo/miracle whip unpalatable, sadly.

My suggestions:

• Watch Fat Head (on Netflix Instant)
  • Cut down to 1 apple every day/other day
  • Replace Kashi cereal with more bacon, eggs, chicken and/or turkey

Schlep

Etrian Oddity said:

My thoughts are:

• Whichever way you go (low fat, low carb, calorie counting, etc), learn how to cook foods that you like and still meet your goal.
  • Try not to 'diet'. If you like the foods you listed, that's great, but it seems like you're trying to hit an ideal, and that's just going to cause you to binge later on.
  • I agree with Domino. Pretty sure he's alluding to carbs, but I agree from the 'avoid processed food' angle.
If you're just wanting shopping suggestions, then I'd say get the weekly ad for your grocery store and look at all the produce, meat, and cheese that's on sale. Figure out how to use those to make something you'll like eating.

As examples, lately I've been having:

• Breakfast: 2-3 eggs and pumpernickel toast with butter or low carb bagel with cream cheese. Also a couple cups of coffee with half & half and stevia.
  • Lunch: Toasted roast beef sandwich on pumpernickel with colby jack, spinach, tomato, and mustard.
  • Mid-afternoon snack: A cup or so of cherries (in season! So good :)
  • Dinner: Chicken & spinach enchiladas and broccoli the past three nights. Two BBQ chicken legs (spicy, not sweet BBQ) and a romaine, tomato, and cucumber salad with chipotle ranch dressing tonight
Not everyone is going to agree with what I eat or what you eat, and that's fine. Just wanted to point out that you can eat 'normal'. I still hit the ratio I want, and the calories are right where I want them. I've pretty much stopped looking at calories, though. Next week what I eat will be completely different, because different things will be on sale.

Most of all, good luck!

Fortunately I'm already pretty knowledgeable about the whole nutrition/anti-processed stuff; I'm just looking for more minutia. And I already cook my own food Schlep, and I don't eat out (for financial and nutritional reasons, lol). I've seen some recipes on EatingWell.com that are just mouth-watering....

I definitely count my calories though, to the point of writing it in a fitness journal (as well as exercise).

Schlep

Etrian Oddity said:
Fortunately I'm already pretty knowledgeable about the whole nutrition/anti-processed stuff; I'm just looking for more minutia.
Gotcha. In that case, I would just chill out on the carbs or distribute them more evenly, especially your carb load kashi + orange juice meal. Your blood sugar will be through the roof after that one (about 60-70g in one sitting). I'd say your total for the day off that menu is somewhere around 150-200g assuming plain oatmeal. That isn't bad, but I think most in this thread like to see lower for weight loss unless you're very active.

I've seen success both ways, but it seems like those going the low fat, middle to high complex carb route usually put the weight back on (myself included the couple times I tried it). I've come to prefer the lowish carb (75-150g) route as it keeps me from having to count much of anything.

Schlep said:
Gotcha. In that case, I would just chill out on the carbs or distribute them more evenly, especially your carb load kashi + orange juice meal. Your blood sugar will be through the roof after that one (about 60-70g in one sitting). I'd say your total for the day off that menu is somewhere around 150-200g assuming plain oatmeal. That isn't bad, but I think most in this thread like to see lower for weight loss unless you're very active.

I've seen success both ways, but it seems like those going the low fat, middle to high complex carb route usually put the weight back on (myself included the couple times I tried it). I've come to prefer the lowish carb (75-150g) route as it keeps me from having to count much of anything.
I see. I'll start replacing the kashi/oj with 2(?) eggs, turkey bacon, and rye (love it) toast, I suppose?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
One of the best things I've noticed since all but giving up carbs and sugars is that, on a high protein/fat diet, I get full much faster, and stay satiated much longer.

If I eat a good breakfast of something like eggs and bacon or sausage at around 8am, I find that I don't even start getting hungry again for at least four or five hours if not more. Back when I ate cereal, oatmeal, muffins and what not for breakfast, I would feel like I was starving before noon.

It's really difficult to overeat on a no/low-carb and sugar diet where you consume a lot of protein and fat.

Etrian Oddity said:
I see. I'll start replacing the kashi/oj with 2(?) eggs, turkey bacon, and rye (love it) toast, I suppose?

I'd cut out the toast, too, but you don't need to completely eliminate carbs if you really like them, I suppose.

Also, turkey bacon sucks if you haven't noticed. I love turkey sausage links, and ground chicken/turkey sausage, but the bird meat just doesn't work as a replacement for bacon.

But, yeah, kill the orange juice. It's almost as bad as soda.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Zefah said:
One of the best things I've noticed since all but giving up carbs and sugars is that, on a high protein/fat diet, I get full much faster, and stay satiated much longer.

Same.

Plus, with high protein and high fat diets, more amino acids are being pumped into your muscle every hour which means your body will get most, if not all, of its needed energy source (calorie burning) from fat stores.

Zefah said:
I'd cut out the toast, too, but you don't need to completely eliminate carbs if you really like them, I suppose.
The toast suggestion was more of just a placeholder, but I suppose 2 eggs and 2 strips would suffice.
Also, turkey bacon sucks if you haven't noticed. I love turkey sausage links, and ground chicken/turkey sausage, but the bird meat just doesn't work as a replacement for bacon.
D:

D:

D:

I think turkey bacon is delicious!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Etrian Oddity said:
The toast suggestion was more of just a placeholder, but I suppose 2 eggs and 2 strips would suffice.

D:

D:

D:

I think turkey bacon is delicious!

Well, if you enjoy it, then more power to you! I think it's okay, but a poor imitation for pork bacon. I actually really enjoy beef bacon, too.

Also, if you care about not consuming toxins and avoiding brain tumors and cancer and all that, one thing to be careful about with bacon (and processed meats in general), is to avoid anything with sodium nitrite in it. This is, of course, just about all forms of bacon and sausage, but if you look carefully, you should be able to find a brand that doesn't have it.

Domino Theory said:
YES! The guy who created the best documentary in the planet has a blog: http://www.fathead-movie.com/

I enjoyed it.

Some people, unfortunately, will take the wrong message from this movie, and all they will remember is "woohoo, McDonalds here I come!" and they'll load up on fries and coke, in addition to their crappy burgers.

But that's not the movie's fault.
(and yes, people are stupid)

ipukespiders said:
Some people, unfortunately, will take the wrong message from this movie
Yeah that's kind of why his bashing of Super Size Me irks me.
Easily my least fav part of the movie and the worst.

Moderation works? Who knew!

Problem is, people aren't moderate. They live on the poles.

I like the doc too for the record.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
ipukespiders said:
I enjoyed it.

Some people, unfortunately, will take the wrong message from this movie, and all they will remember is "woohoo, McDonalds here I come!" and they'll load up on fries and coke, in addition to their crappy burgers.

But that's not the movie's fault.
(and yes, people are stupid)

I would hope that anyone who actually watched the documentary would not think that way.

He stresses the dangers of sugars and carbs quite a bit in it.

Fireye

Since I'm logging foods and trying to stay under a certain amount of calories, I figured I'd go get my RMR (resting metabolic rate) measured. I was really surprised to find that the indirect calorieometer came back with a number 700 calories lower than pretty much every website estimated for my height/weight.
Code:
Measured RMR:		2020kcal
Estimated BMR:		2711kcal
Weight:			304.8lbs (with clothing on)
Body Fat Mass:		116.8lbs
Body Fat:		38.3% (I don't trust this, since I was a dehydrated)
Fat Free Mass:		188.0lbs
Body Water %:		45.1%
Body Water Mass:	137.6lbs
Impedance:		385ohm

The nutritionist mentioned a few possible explanations for why my measured RMR was way lower than expected, possibly due to thyroid conditions or something else that could be measured by getting bloodwork done. She said that normally, her patients deviate by around 1-200, and has seen up to a 500kcal difference before, but it was uncommon. I guess I need to schedule a physical, huh.

scosher

ipukespiders said:
Anyone care to share their thoughts on fiber intake?
Do you strive for a certain amount each day?
What sources do you get it from?

Usually have Kellogg's Fiber Plus cereal or high-fiber oatmeal in the morning. Quick to make, easy to consume, and while fiber cereal usually comes with 15-20g of other carbs/whole grains, it's a good boost of energy to start your day especially if you're cutting out carbs from the rest of your meals.

I also find that if I don't eat cereal w/ milk, I don't really get a good source of calcium elsewhere.

Nutritional facts here:
http://www2.kelloggs.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=21711

^ Tastes great too. Of all the other fiber cereals I've tried, this one has the lowest sugar/other carb count, while not tasting like complete cardboard.

edit - the dangers of cereal (like any other carb) is that craving to over-consume. Limit yourself to just one small 1/2-cup or 3/4-cup bowl in the morning. I usually have it as I'm rushing out of the house before work, so don't have that issue.

Corky

Need feedback on my revised low carb diet that I had to change because of hitting a plateau. The changes basically include removing chicken, cheese sun flower seeds and reducing whey protein and replacing them with other stuff :

- 100g eggs
- 100g bacon
- 200g salmon
- 50g sesame seeds
- 200g mackerel
- 1 portion whey 80.
+ vegetables & oliveoil with the salmon meals.

Calculated dietary values , rounded off ;
Energy : 1650 kcal
Protein : 150g
Fat : 150g
Carbs <10-15g

Fireye

Corky said:
Need feedback on my revised low carb diet that I had to change because of hitting a plateau. The changes basically include removing chicken, cheese sun flower seeds and reducing whey protein and replacing them with other stuff :

- 100g eggs
- 100g bacon
- 200g salmon
- 50g sesame seeds
- 200g mackerel
- 1 portion whey 80.

Carbs <10-15g

Looks good, I'd worry about the amount of fiber, but as long as your veggies cover your ass there, then it looks decent. The only thing I'd say to do would be to try and use coconut oil in place of olive oil from time to time. I noticed you posted this in the fitness thread as well, what are you doing for exercise, and just how much of a calorie deficit is 1650kcal?

Corky

Fireye said:
Looks good, I'd worry about the amount of fiber, but as long as your veggies cover your ass there, then it looks decent. The only thing I'd say to do would be to try and use coconut oil in place of olive oil from time to time. I noticed you posted this in the fitness thread as well, what are you doing for exercise, and just how much of a calorie deficit is 1650kcal?

Cheers,

this is a cursory glance at my workout :

20 km biking @ 25km/h 6 days a week
Hit the gym 4 times a week, and at the gym I stick to doing core exercises with heavy weights and few reps.

I've tried to calculate my BMR but they all give me different results varying from 2500 to 3500. But a realistic guess would be that stickin to a 1650kcal a day diet wouldn't mean a deficit larger than 700-1000 max. I'd burn out way too fast it that was the case.

I'm always trying crush flax seeds and eat them with tons of water, usually helps the digestive process without adding too many carbs.

edit :

My shortterm goal is to go from my current 79 kg 19% bf to 72 kg ~9.5-10% bf with minimal muscleloss ( if that wasn't the case I'd just go on an all lettuce diet and wither away to nothing ).

Fireye

Corky said:
I've tried to calculate my BMR but they all give me different results varying from 2500 to 3500. But a realistic guess would be that stickin to a 1650kcal a day diet wouldn't mean a deficit larger than 700-1000 max. I'd burn out way too fast it that was the case.
Keep in mind that BMR/RMR is an estimate of what your body would need if you spent the entire day in bed. Generally, maintenance calories are 1.2x of bmr for a sedentary person, 1.4x for a moderately active person, and 1.7x for a highly active person. Given what I experienced today (my measured RMR was drastically lower than my predicted/calculated BMR), I think as long as you listen to your body, you'll do fine. If you find yourself fatigued in the morning after a heavy workout, you may want to increase your calories a bit.

I'm always trying crush flax seeds and eat them with tons of water, usually helps the digestive process without adding too many carbs.
That's a neat idea, I'll have to try this out some time!

Corky

Fireye said:
If you find yourself fatigued in the morning after a heavy workout, you may want to increase your calories a bit.

That's the best way really, going after online calculators and whatnot messed me up in the past, really listening to my body has been the best indicator.

For example if I'm on a lowcarb diet working out and only feel hungry from time to time and not fatigued, then I know I'm on the right track. However sit in a chair and feel like it's the most arduous thing ever then changes have to be made.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
scosher said:
Usually have Kellogg's Fiber Plus cereal or high-fiber oatmeal in the morning. Quick to make, easy to consume, and while fiber cereal usually comes with 15-20g of other carbs/whole grains, it's a good boost of energy to start your day especially if you're cutting out carbs from the rest of your meals.

I also find that if I don't eat cereal w/ milk, I don't really get a good source of calcium elsewhere.

Nutritional facts here:
http://www2.kelloggs.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=21711

^ Tastes great too. Of all the other fiber cereals I've tried, this one has the lowest sugar/other carb count, while not tasting like complete cardboard.

edit - the dangers of cereal (like any other carb) is that craving to over-consume. Limit yourself to just one small 1/2-cup or 3/4-cup bowl in the morning. I usually have it as I'm rushing out of the house before work, so don't have that issue.

Pretty sure 95% of Kellogg's products have HFCS. I'd consider changing if I were you.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Zefah said:

Agreed on the benefits of feeling full and satisfied. I'm really not capable of doing low-carb, but I think my current diet would fall under "slow carb" (generally 30 carbs or less in a day, all from vegetables or a small amount of fruit) and it's been going quite well so far. Also, it might just be my preference for having extremely crunchy bacon, but I find that turkey bacon is a great substitute. I lay out an entire package of it on a baking sheet and cook it to doneness but not at all crisp, then store it in the fridge until I want to use it. Then I'll do a few strips in the microwave for 30 seconds and they come out like bacon chips, heh, and the flavor is every bit as good to me as the real thing.

Chorazin

Hey everyone! I'm a fatty fat fat fat looking to finally drop these pounds and live a healthier life. I've gotten over a bunch of shit that he led me back in the past, and I really feel this time I've got the drive, the commitment, and the goals to make it work. Right now I'm at 318 (lost 7 pounds in two weeks already!) and I'd like to drop down to between 225 (high end, probably unrealistic) and 250 (much more realistic) in a year.

I'm doing EA Active 2’s Cardio Kick-Up program (starting week three of three) four days a week after work, and hitting the gym for an hour before work three days a week. I think this is pretty good for coming from doing nothing, although I know i'll need to expand my workouts in the nearish future. I'm also back on Weight Watchers using the "classic" points system which is much more scientifically solid than their new bullshit system, and that's helping me a lot with portions and eating at least five meals a day.

So, yeah, anyways, I'm here to keep accountable for myself, and learn from the folks who're trying to better themselves as well and engage in some mutual encouragement. :)

NomarTyme

Corky said:

- 100g eggs
- 100g bacon
- 200g salmon
- 50g sesame seeds
- 200g mackerel
- 1 portion whey 80.

Carbs <10-15g

Coconut oil instead of olive oil. Need more beefs and pork(not just bacon)

Top Bottom