• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

dankir

shpankey said:
The only reason most of us are here is because we are AT work!

Oh I'm at work too. But I saw the Kotaku post at like 10:30 AM EST and I come here and lo and behold you guys are flippin' out over 30 pages of discussion.

Good old NeoGAF.

Ummmmmm

Looking at it at first I was like 3600000000000000000 :O...

Then I went for a poop then re looked at the page/image and am certain this has to do witht he Wii...

the two i's (one typical MGS "!" and the other from the "Wii" name...almost a double entendre)....

But then again, just looking @my 360 shows the same green power symbol...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
soldat7 said:
METAL GEAR?!?!?

Metal Gear !i!i!i!

Epcott said:
it says NEXT and has the Xbox360 power symbol vaguely in there. I know it wont be MGS5, since Kojima doesn't seem the type to go backwards (after he had gripes that the PS3 didn't have the space he wanted). Acid is strictly for portables, so I can see maybe what your getting at (joke or no joke), but it seems that another portable ops would take precedence.

I think it's an entirely new MG spinoff for 360. He did say NEXT after all, not REMAKE
in the new game/ newSeries/spinoff camp , Metal Gear Raiden ( more Action style Metal Gear ) or something like new Metal Gear FPS since there were a lot of rumors on FPS game from Kojima , FPS+Metal Gear+X360 = holy love n_n

I really hope it's something so different no one has come up with the idea yet. It will be hilarious whatever comes of it. Wii, 360, portables, PS3, ...

As long as it brings some laughs, I'm all for it. :D

deadnoob

I have all systems. I really hope this isn't metal gear xbox. I just got my ps3 and im loving it i really want it to succeed.

BradleyUK

It is the PS3 power button symbol too!

Stop making assumptions because you will get disappointed that MGS is not going on the 360.

Crisis

Banned
You know what? This entire debate thus far is stupid. Even if the game is headed to 360 there's no way to ascertain that from a picture like that. This thread is filled with morans jumping to conclusions before one thing is even announced yet. That power supply symbol is universal.

4303-IMG1362s.jpg

ZOMG IT'S THE PS3 POWER SYMBOL PS3 EXCLUSIVE.

God damn some of you are stupid.

Haunted

Crisis said:
You know what? This entire debate thus far is stupid. Even if the game is headed to 360 there's no way to ascertain that from a picture like that. This thread is filled with morans jumping to conclusions before one thing is even announced yet. That power supply symbol is universal.

4303-IMG1362s.jpg

Man, you're absolutely the first to point that out.

ultim8p00 said:
I'm hoping for anything that will make rabid Sony fanboys give us some epic lulz
I only care about the laughs, no matter where they're from.

Paracelsus

This whole thing reminds me of the Chrono Trigger DS "mysterious swinging pendulum homepage", only that now there will be more to wait before know what the heck this is.

Crisis said:

Yeah, but that symbol isn't green when you turn the machine on.

Gato

Banned
BradleyUK said:
It is the PS3 power button symbol too!

Stop making assumptions because you will get disappointed that MGS is not going on the 360.

It sounds like you are the one that will get disappointed if it is.

hmmm...

;)

Jcgamer60

Crisis said:

4303-IMG1362s.jpg

You are one angry guy. You realize the text is green right?

Crisis

Banned
xS1TH L0RDx said:
Yeah, but that symbol isn't green when you turn the machine on.

So? There's no exclamation point in the Xbox 360 symbol either.

You are one angry guy. You realize the text is green right?

I'm not angry about the possibility of MGS4 going to Xbox. I'm more mad at the utterly RETARDED system warz bullshit going on in this thread over a picture that gives no one no information - at all. You're basing all of it over text that is green and a picture of a fucking universal power symbol. It's text that says "A NEXT METAL GEAR IS..." Basically all the 360 fanboys are being as big of dicks as possible to further poke and prod at Sony fanboys and Sony fanboys aren't taking it too well. The likelihood that this is the announcement of MGS4 for the Xbox 360 is slim to none. Why would they let it just slip out like that? This is the announcement of some other Metal Gear product or project.

AmMortal

Banned
U K Narayan said:
When my monitor is on, the power button is green.

Does that mean Metal Gear is coming to my monitor?

MAN I CAN'T WAIT!

ZOMG OF COURSE!
WHEN YOU LINK THE MONITOR TO THE 360, AND INSERT THE NEW MGS 360 EXCLUSIVE, THE GAME WILL DISPLAY ON YOUR MONITOR.

ZOMGORSADS;KDADSKDNJ;LSN

Crisis said:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/4303-IMG1362s.jpg

The green glow and size of the power symbol are significant because thats how the power symbol on the 360 looks when its on. Its a large prominent feature of the face of the console. You can't say that about the others. Its not that stupid at all, considering the rumours that have come and gone, and the people who have been (unfairly?) banned for them!

This thread is just the appetiser, the full course meal and desert are sure to follow in the announcement thread!

shpankey

not an idiot
dankir said:
Oh I'm at work too. But I saw the Kotaku post at like 10:30 AM EST and I come here and lo and behold you guys are flippin' out over 30 pages of discussion.

Good old NeoGAF.
Well, you know... Come for the drama, stay for the lulz.

Fun times!

BradleyUK

Gato said:
It sounds like you are the one that will get disappointed if it is.

hmmm...

;)

I won't be disappointed because I know it won't go on the 360 and that picture is more related to the PS3 power sign than the 360!

Look at that picture of the PS3 ;)

Crisis said:

Ha ha ha ha. be prepared to be disappointed.

It is going to be a Wii game set during the events of MGS2 and focus on Rose's perspective of the events. Depending on how you waggle you can annoy Raiden with different ways of asking "what day is it today". VR missions let you practice suicide with Fortune. CE comes with Raiden plushie.

NYR

Crisis said:

4303-IMG1362s.jpg

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

Mecha_Infantry said:
Ummmmmm

Looking at it at first I was like 3600000000000000000 :O...

Then I went for a poop then re looked at the page/image and am certain this has to do witht he Wii...

the two i's (one typical MGS "!" and the other from the "Wii" name...almost a double entendre)....

But then again, just looking @my 360 shows the same green power symbol...

Maybe the green color also has to do with the meaning acid. That would work everyone's Wii theory.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I love how in every page someone points how the power button is universal again. :lol

Hy_

U K Narayan said:
When my monitor is on, the power button is green.

Does that mean Metal Gear is coming to my monitor?

MAN I CAN'T WAIT!

I can confirm that my monitor, pc tower, AND speaker lights are all green when powered on!

Green Biker Dude said:
It is going to be a Wii game set during the events of MGS2 and focus on Rose's perspective of the events. Depending on how you waggle you can annoy Raiden with different ways of asking "what day is it today". VR missions let you practice suicide with Fortune. CE comes with Raiden plushie.

:lol
fuck rose seriously.

And thats exactly the kind of turd I would expect from Konami on Wii

MMaRsu

Eh you know why the hell wouldn't they port MGS4 to 360 anyway, it will only make them more money, the casual sony fanbase won't really care since they've played the game already, and should be glad more people are going to be able to experience MGS.

But whatever, some of you guys are crazy :p.

Top Bottom