• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

soldat7

Hy_ said:
I just don't want to read all the hyperbole from trolls if it does happen. But if genuine MGS fans get the experience the game for the first time, that's great. Also interested in seeing how the 360 handles a PS3 game.

ozfah.jpg

Firewire

Banned
I'm kind of thinking MGO, the full version that's supposed to come out on the PS3. They have been making some noise about it recently.

Anyways these threads never disappoint! :lol

If MGS4 didn't have online play I would have guessed to to be Online. Player vs player.

All I see this as is a person then the shock sign from MGS = on or being made. Would be be going this fucking nuts if the colour was red or blue instead of green?

Raistlin

momolicious said:
how you know they will go out and buy it at full price without question?

I'm not saying all will, but you know plenty will ... and it's funny.

1cesc said:
You mean a matter of time again.

yeah ... sorry. At work. Haven't tackled the full thread.

VegaShinra

Is the green color the only reason people are saying it's for the 360? The symbol is also on the PS3 XMB toolbar for shutting the system off and on most electronics for that matter.

davez82

does this mean mgs5 or mgs4? if this means mgs5 then thats cool if its multiplat, better than a full on betrayel of everything said about mgs4 bieng exclusive.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Super_Chicken said:
Kojima is the biggest troll ever, if this turns out to be noting.
Well this show ,that a lot of people like his work. Kudos to Kojima San for being so awesome.
Every MGS changed my life in some way or another @_@

soldat7

Jason's Ultimatum said:
As long as we agree that MGS4 is last, then that's all that matters. Personally, I didn't even like the game. =\

MGS4 was one of the best games I've ever played...until the final Act. Lots of things I dislike about the ending especially regarding the fates of certain characters but it's bridge under the water.

I'm planning on a replay once Trophies (or new version) is announced. Despite the antiquated controls I personally consider MGS1 to be the pinnacle of the series
along with Act IV of MGS4. That entire sequence was brilliant.

Vashu

Fersis said:
Well this show ,that a lot of people like his work. Kudos to Kojima San for being so awesome.

Yeah forums are good at changing they way you look at life too. I myself have gaven up on humanity because of NEOGAF. :D

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Fersis said:

:lol you remind me of the Nintendojo guy.

Zoe

davez82 said:
does this mean mgs5 or mgs4? if this means mgs5 then thats cool if its multiplat, better than a full on betrayel of everything said about mgs4 bieng exclusive.

Didn't Kojima say that Solid ends with 4?

Hy_

Kojima may have had nothing to do with this. Could have been 2 viral marketing employees creating this using MS paint in 30 minutes. And now we have this monster...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hellraizer said:
Fersis has changed.
Awesome.
But i work as game programmer because MGS for the PSX.
I was so amazed that i learned how applications are programmed and then how games are developed.
It was a hard road tough.

Brandon F said:
WILL THERE B AVATAR SUPPORT???
Well one things for sure, MGS4 will finally have some achievements. Will double dip in just for the 1000/1000...;)

But i work as game programmer because MGS for the PSX.
I was so amazed that i learned how applications are programmed and then how games are developed.
It was a hard road tough.
That is life changing indeed, seriously.

Fersis

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Makes sense but uh...
MGS is art?

I think that this is not the thread to discuss if games are art.
But art is every single human representation of reality.(At least i think)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Zoe said:

And didn't a Konami spokesperson say something like, "Yea, there'll probably MGS5" right after it came out? Or at least that's something I remember...

Anyways, I predict Metal Gear DSi! :lol

HiResDes

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Makes sense but uh...
MGS is art?
Yes, if movies can be art why not games, now there are different levels of art...I'm sure we'd all agree that certain games are lower representations of art while some are high, the same way we'd compare a piece of crap like Disaster Movie versus something like American Beauty.

PSGames

Onix said:
I'm not saying all will, but you know plenty will ... and it's funny.

I remember it being the other way around. Most Xbox fans were saying it was worth every penny even at $60. It was the PS3 fans that said it wasn't worth full price.

Fersis

Hellraizer said:
Well one things for sure, MGS4 will finally have some achievements. Will double dip in just for the 1000/1000...;)

That is life changing indeed, seriously.
My sarcasm meter is broken but i think you are being serious so:
Yeah, i learned by the wrong way to code, i never had any class or study about programming (Which is a big mistake,stay on school kids)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Zoe said:

yeah , in all seriousness there is no need for "Solid" series to go more , a new Metal Gear series with fresh story that cover other parts of MGuniverse will be damn good , FPS or even Action style , starting new Series of Metal Gear will be better than continue the story.

I just wish we have some serious discussion in this thread :(

Hy_ said:
How do you define art? Something that can't be replicated?

I can think of a number of games with good art direction(Metal Black, SOTC, etc), good artwork and soundtrack(many many titles), hell I could even argue the idea that great game design could be something of an artform.

But as a whole I can't think of a single game that qualifies as art.

Top Bottom