• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

Zoe

domokunrox said:
like an hour later....

What you point out is interesting though. The 360 knows which way is upright? If I turn a 360 upside down and make it RRoD, will the upper left ring be off?

It has a sensor. You can hear it shifting back and forth when you move the 360 around.

Baryn

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Not talking about games?
Precisely. And not making them either.

I want everyone here to go make games themselves. If someone tells you your game wasn't art, when you very much intended it to be, punch him in his slack jaw.

HiResDes

Uncle said:
Yeah, cant' wait to finally watch it myself!
Don't count on it, remember how bad MGS2 Subsistence fared, but hey maybe that can be attributed to that being the worst game in the series.

Darackutny

domokunrox said:
Nothing better to do in this thread btw.

Like most of the folks here, I'm here just because I want to be a "part of this". I don't have a x360 though... which isn't something I mind really.

HiResDes

You know what would really make my day is if MGST merely stood for Metal Gear Solid Template, because all of these people focusing on the url would feel like real fools. :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hellcrow said:
Hey guys, norwegian media is watching NeoGaf.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2008/12/05/kultur/metal_gear_solid/xbox_360/playstation_3/wii/3940782/

Article is even linking to this thread.

What the hell moon language is this in, anyway? Babelfish doesn't work when I try Dutch to English (or German to English, which I tried for the hell of it).

Hellcrow said:
"Har gått bananas" = "Has gone bananas"

Don't americans use the word "bananas" for going crazy and out of control? They should.

How do you pronounce "Har gått"? Out of curiosity.

USD said:
So is there any solid info yet? Or is this a thread of mass speculation?

Haha Solid that's a joke right? nvm.

chun-li3.png

Looks like a pair of fried chicken legs.

GCX

Danthrax said:
What the hell moon language is this in, anyway? Babelfish doesn't work when I try Dutch to English (or German to English, which I tried for the hell of it).
You know.. In Norway they speak... Norwegian! Suprise!

It's almost like Swedish but there's some differences between the two.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Some of you are way too old for getting giddy and being hurt over lost exclusives. It's actually pretty sad to watch since a lot of you are in your late 20's to early 30's. Some of you even work in the industry with hard nipples over this and not because you finally get to play MGS4 but rather for bragging rights.

Substance didn't sell well on Xbox so it will be interesting to see how this does on 360 with the Splinter Cell franchise in disarray.

HiResDes

Imm0rt4l said:
storywise I'd agree.
What suggesting that MGS2 has a better story than MGS3, is like suggesting that Beverly Hills Cop 3 has a better story than the first, especially being that MGS3 is a prequel...Well only if it in Beverly Hills Cop 3 the main focus was on a Rosewood and not Axel Foley.

I believe over the course of nearly a week we have established that yes the power symbol is on a rather large variety of home electronics.

That's a surprising amount of progress, especially for NeoGAF.

Hellcrow

Danthrax said:

How do you pronounce "Har gått"? Out of curiosity.

Norwegian newspapers usually write in norwegian.

Pronouncing har gått?....

Har sounds abit like "are" with an h infront. Not hare as in hair, but are with an h infront.
Gått is hard to describe, as english doesn't really have anything that sounds like it, but the ått part sounds abit like "lot" pronounced fast. Change the l with a g. Damnit, this is hard.

Ashhong

Oni Jazar said:
It's not flipping twice. That doesn't fit the code.

0 + 180 = 180.

There's no 180 + 180.

you assume the first one is 180 since its upside down already...

when will this be announced? Dec 6 japan time? thats like...now?

Top Bottom