• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

Threi said:
so with a teaser with green exclamation marks, green I's and a green power button, the first thing that came to your mind was a shut-off dialog against an orange background?
14m9821.jpg

slightly better lol

autobzooty said:
Are you implying that MGS4 is even remotely possible on Wii?

Doesnt the install for that game take up more space than the Wii's internal memory has? :lol

im talking about next-gen consoles, not tard-gen ones

Yes Boss!

Threi said:
so with a teaser with green exclamation marks, green I's and a green power button, the first thing that came to your mind was a shut-off dialog against an orange background?

Yep! On the PS3 blade is the only time I really get a close-up look at the symbol.

Barrett2

GarthVaderUK said:
Even just a countdown until the reveal would be nice.

It would be nice to have an official countdown to the moment of mass fanboy suicides. I need to know when to exactly log onto GAF to see the bitter tears. :lol

shpankey

not an idiot
GCX said:
You know.. In Norway they speak... Norwegian! Suprise!

It's almost like Swedish but there's some differences between the two.
Norwegian's are still around? I thought the last of them died trying to shoot that dog when one of them dropped is nade in the snow and tried to dig it out and blew him and his chopper up, the other one got one in the brain by the old man's pop cap.

Kibbles

Someone posted this at GameTrailers, :eek: ?

its an exclamation , plus and upside down exclamation. so the first exclamation represents 180 degrees, then it flips around for another 180 degrees, 180 + 180 = 360. the color is in bright green. thus the next metal gear solid game is for the 360, sigh...

Some are saying it's an iPhone game too.

Zoe

Threi said:

Do you have a PS3?

AmMortal

Banned
shagg_187 said:
OMG MGS4 COMING TO PS3!! YES!!!! YESS!!!!! XBOX IS DEAD HAHAHHAHAHAH!!!! NOW ALL I NEED IS LEFT 4 DEAD AND IM HAPPY!

BUT WE ALREADY HAVE LEFT 4 DEAD, DOES THIS MEAN WE ARE WIINAAAS?

SONY IS DEAD, THE PS3 IS BIG FAT WHORE.

aasoncott

Okay, but seriously.

The inevitable expanded release of MGS4 could go multi-platform. MGS2 did. The major reason MGS4 took up so much space was because of massive and barely compressed (or uncompressed) audio and video. Compress that up, and a DVD9 release isn't totally out of the question (especially since most of the cutscenes are ingame).

The biggest problem would be the good chunk of dialogue that would have to be rerecorded, since the game is extremely heavy on the Playstation jokes (which one entire boss fight revolves around). Of course, doubling the sales of the game would be a good incentive to get everyone back in the studio.

That said:

Microsoft doesn't own the colour green, the green power symbol didn't make me think of the 360, and this whole post was really just an excuse to post something in what will easily go down in history as one of the more melodramatic threads in the history of NeoGAF.

Varth

I'm not satisfied with my previous answer. I call it a riddle.
a next metal gear is = metal gear existan(ce)?
Ok, I know it's spelled wrong, but the phrase looks suspiciously like those anagrams you get in some scooby doo cartoon. You know, those third rate riddles that end up revealing the one who dressed up as the ghost ^^

However, the equation must mean something.

/back to the psychiatric ward

shpankey

not an idiot
aasoncott said:
...and this whole post was really just an excuse to post something in what will easily go down in history as one of the more melodramatic threads in the history of NeoGAF.
Hold on now sonny, I may be an old-timer here, but let's not get carried away with the hyperbole. I don't know if it even breaks the top 10.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
dfyb said:
absolutely -- games are an aggregate art form with aspects of scultpure, film, and more all rolled into one. you can call it interactive art. and MGS4 isn't alone.
As i said earlier this is not the thread for discussing if videogames are art or not.

Barrett2

suffah said:
Dude, imagine if this was a real confirmation.

I pray to god we get a real confirmation soon, the bitter tears would make for delicious entertainment in between rounds of Rainbow Six Vegas tonight. Black Friday toys + fanboy meltdowns are what the season is all about.

aasoncott

shpankey said:
Hold on now sonny, I may be an old-timer here, but let's not get carried away with the hyperbole. I don't know if it even breaks the top 10.

I banking on the hope that things won't slow down over the next few hours. I don't think the melodrama has peaked -- if we're lucky, it's barely started. Hopefully we have some honest death threats by page 100 (crosses fingers).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
suffah said:
Dude, imagine if this was a real confirmation.
When Konami announce the MGS iPhone game ,the forum will be:
'oh,meh' and thats it.

shpankey

not an idiot
Kibbles said:
Someone posted this at GameTrailers, :eek: ?

its an exclamation , plus and upside down exclamation. so the first exclamation represents 180 degrees, then it flips around for another 180 degrees, 180 + 180 = 360. the color is in bright green. thus the next metal gear solid game is for the 360, sigh...
We've had this discussion at gaf before, no? Didn't we finally conclude that 180 + 180 = 0? I remember it, yes, it's coming back now. If you turn 180, then turn 180 again, you're back at where you started.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
_leech_ said:
I wish I was a GAF member when MGS2 was announced for the Xbox. How big was that thread?

It was a mini-meltdown.

Most of it was arguing about the video of snake skateboarding and if it was part of the game.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
ughh it's so hard to follow this thread, can someone promise me to start a new thread once an official announcement is made?

Did anyone figure out

a) What the !exclamation points! mean?
b) Why the standby symbol has the exclamation symbol in the place of power? (surprise symbol?)
c) Why the site says "A next" instead of just "The next?"

shpankey

not an idiot
aasoncott said:
I banking on the hope that things won't slow down over the next few hours. I don't think the melodrama has peaked -- if we're lucky, it's barely started. Hopefully we have some honest death threats by page 100 (crosses fingers).
Oh crap, I see now you did use the word "will" [future tense]. I gotcha... right on. My bad. :D

Nothing will ever top, in my mind, the Halo 2 Live report blog's coming in from that E3 press conference... when that dude said "can't tell if it's gameplay or CG, wait it's gameplay OMFGWTFMMQ!" and gaf went into straight up HILARITY mode. I was crying in tears of laughter for hours and hours. :lol

Evlar

Banned
Death_Born said:
Did anyone figure out

b) Why the power button has the exclamation symbol in the place of power? (surprise symbol?)
1) Excitement! On the Internet!!1!
2) The Power of Love
c) Engrish

i + ! = wii

I'd be cool if it used head tracking, and that it is what the circle in the power button means, full immersion man, that'd be awesome.

Gilgamesh

Death_Born said:
Did anyone figure out

b) Why the standby symbol has the exclamation symbol in the place of power? (surprise symbol?)
ili2ae.jpg

aasoncott

shpankey said:
Oh crap, I see now you did use the word "will" [future tense]. I gotcha... right on. My bad. :D

Yes, "in before death threats", as it were.

Oh, and hopefully the 360 version of MGS4 will be remembered as the "definite version", since the 360's controller is so much better suited for it than the PS3's.

(Chucks dynamite, dives for cover.)

Top Bottom