• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

So why is Ford considered the bad guy? I know he just had a host kill a human, but before that, why would I consider him a villain?

Yeah, but I mean doesn't he just ooze villainy though? The way he delivers his lines, he always makes sure you know he's the most powerful person in the room. I mean he just seems like a bad guy to me.

The episode definitely foreshadowed this at the beginning, when Bernard has the dream about his son and the dialog transition of "Tell me, do you ever question the nature of your reality?" hit.

Solo

Oh man this show is so great. Bernard being a host wasn't necessarily unexpected, but the execution of it was perfect. Tragic, harrowing, sinister and deeply affecting all at once. Hopkins put on a clinic in that scene.

On another note, I don't think the original score gets enough love - the cue during those final scenes was hauntingly beautiful.

Burt

William playing the game on roguelike mode

He's 200 floors deep with all epic gear

If Dolores gets capped he has to restart

It'll probably take him... 30 years to get back to where he's at

still not buying dual timelines

Kerned

Banned
So if the company wanted the code for a side project, could this be a bridge to futureworld, etc?
I am under the impression they want the code for nefarious, maybe military purposes. Though that could be because that's what big evil corporations are expected to do in dystopian fiction.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Bernard is a host. We saw this a mile away. It was confirmed this episode as soon as they showed a host posing as human, thinking he's human, with other hosts viewing him as human.

But now I think he was a real person at some point who was murdered and swapped with a host. I think his wife is real. She's skyping him... From outside the park.

Now the next step? The new host they're building in the basement, it's going to be a Theresa replacement.

I am under the impression they want the code for nefarious, maybe military purposes. Though that could be because that's what big evil corporations are expected to do in dystopian fiction.

in the long run, probably replacing third world leaders with puppet surrogates or something like that.

Speevy

Banned
Can't host Teresa and host Bernard develop misgivings about Ford and rebel against him just the same?

This show is a total mindfuck.

UberLevi

Damn, absolutely harrowing episode. Best one since the series premiere, in my opinion. Hopkins did what he does best. The reveal, while not completely unexpected, was incredibly well done.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think she was, buy maybe I'm missing something.

Ford used the exact same term, "The situation demands a blood sacrifice" as the inspector lady did. She said, "The gods demand a blood sacrifice".

She got played and she knew she got played as that's exactly when she started freaking out.

Why stop at third world
you are right
Vuh0YrI.png

Kerned

Banned
Ford used the exact same term, "The situation demands a blood sacrifice" as the inspector lady did. She said, "The gods demand a blood sacrifice".
I interpreted that as Ford had been listening in on the conversation. Either the room was bugged, or he was listening through the host the lady was banging (she "deactivated" him when Theresa cane in).

Ridli

Yeah, Theresa got totally set up there.

What a damn shame about Bernard. But, what does this mean for Elsie? I mean, was Theresa retaliation for Elsie?

Jarmel

Banned
I interpreted that as Ford had been listening in on the conversation. Either the room was bugged, or he was listening through the host the lady was banging (she "deactivated" him when Theresa cane in).

It could be one or the other. However he said that he knew the board would do nothing, contradicting what the Board Inspector was saying. He also said that Theresa was his challenge not the Inspector.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
What makes you think that? Is it the blood sacrifice line?

I still think Hector who was tied to the bed leaked it to Ford.
It totally was, they made a point to mention hosts record interactions when turned off like that when Elsie blackmailed the dude who was fucking the body lab ones

phaonaut

Creepy scene with new Teresa would be her sitting at that restaurant and telling someone she sat there as a child.

Edit:unless that place was destroyed

TyrantII

Yup, the "blood sacrifice" line was specifically him keying Theresa in he knew about the whole thing.

What a menacing as fuck scene. Sir Anthony Hopkins doing what he does best.

JoeBoy101

Ford is clearly some sort of aug.

Ford is maybe a host too? Arnold's 'Model T'?

Incidentally, the visual switch from Bernard's POV to Theresa's for the door on the wall was fucking brilliant. Coupled with the dialogue.

I now need to rewatch ALL of Bernard's scenes. What else could be 'missing' from his view?

Top Bottom