• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

Burt

Loved how still Teresa got in that final scene. There were a few moments where I was asking myself if Ford had frozen her too and we were in for a double mindfuck.

So my brother is saying that since this was the episode about revealing someone to be a host, it would be charged with aditional hints about it, and then the exchange between Maeve and the ginger technician about him dying is foreshadowing that he is another host. Which I say hardly matters seeing how small his role in in the big picture.

Kerned

Banned
Ford is maybe a host too? Arnold's 'Model T'?

Incidentally, the visual switch from Bernard's POV to Theresa's for the door on the wall was fucking brilliant. Coupled with the dialogue.

I now need to rewatch ALL of Bernard's scenes. What else could be 'missing' from his view?
Ford could definitely be a host, but I think it's more likely that he's an augmented human. Something is up with him. He can basically control all the functions of the park with his thoughts, an ability we don't see anyone else having. Maybe this is the tech Delos is interested in.

JoeBoy101

OH SHIT!

Think about something. All those schematics Theresa looked at: The Boy, Dolores, etc.

Ford already established that Arnold had built those hosts. If Bernard is in with those schematics and in the same style of drawing...

doesn't that mean Arnold built Bernard??

FelipeMGM

... but is everyone at least in agreement that Theresa is coming back as a host?

Ford could use that so much to his favor, that I think its a given

OH SHIT!

Think about something. All those schematics Theresa looked at: The Boy, Dolores, etc.

Ford already established that Arnold had built those hosts. If Bernard is in with those schematics and in the same style of drawing...

doesn't that mean Arnold built Bernard??

Bernard is Arnold in Host form

FelipeMGM

We didn't see a name for the Bernard schematic, did we?

Nope

And Im sure that is because it is actually Arnold schematic, but Ford couldnt name him that so he choose Bernard, which people are making a theory that Bernard's full name is an anagram to Arnold's full name

But why would Arnold build himself? Except, what if Ford is Arnold, and Bernard is the real Ford? Thus, Arnold built all those old models, including Bernard.

Fuuuuck, my miiiiiiind!!!!!!

If I were to make a super secret host replica of my dead business partner, I'd just make up an entirely new name that doesn't have Hardy Boys clues in it. But that's just me...

FelipeMGM

How is Bernard an anagram of Arnold?

Im too excited and forgot to post the whole info lol,
its almost 2am, I should go to bed

Some people are making some theories that Bernard Lowe is an anagram to Arnold Weber, which some people started to claim is Arnolds full name

JoeBoy101

If I were to make a super secret host replica of my dead business partner, I'd just make up an entirely new name that doesn't have Hardy Boys clues in it. But that's just me...

Well, bear in mind we don't know Arnold's last name yet, unless I missed something. So its not 'confirmed' persay.

wesleyshark said:
Dolores Abernathy = Arnold Base Theory

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I fucking love this show.

Well, bear in mind we don't know Arnold's last name yet, unless I missed something. So its not 'confirmed' persay.
Yeah, Weber isn't official or confirmed. It's just the letters that are leftover and since we don't actually know Arnold's last name yet, the theory has picked up some traction.

FelipeMGM

Also, a big factor that could indicate that Bernard is Host Arnold is this

Similar thing happened today. Bernard entered the house and there was no door at the wall, because we were seeing from his perspective. Same reason he didnt see ''himself'' on that picture, because he is set to not see some things to no confuse him.

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
I fuckin' knew Bernard was a host. That whole scene was amazing.

Similar thing happened today. Bernard entered the house and there was no door at the wall, because we were seeing from his perspective. Same reason he didnt see ''himself'' on that picture, because he is set to not see some things to no confuse him.

That guy predicted it perfectly. It completely explains why the photo is off center. Damn.

sangreal

The same way when today when Bernard entered the house there was no door at the wall, because we were seeing from his perspective, he didnt see ''himself'' on that picture

and Ford also mentioned that Arnold's life was marred by personal tragedy (ie his son dying)

FelipeMGM

and Ford also mentioned that Arnold's life was marred by personal tragedy (ie his son dying)

Yeah, I think it makes a lot of sense.

Also, that could explain the talks Dolores had in that very same basement we saw today. That could be Arnold in the past, not Bernard as we were made to think at earlier episodes. In those conversations she was fully dressed, and we know that Arnold had a different approach to interact with Hosts than Ford or the others have. He related way more to them.

Also, that could explain the talks Dolores had in that very same basement we saw today. That could be Arnold in the past, not Bernard as we were made to think at earlier episodes. In those conversations she was fully dressed, and we know that Arnold had a different approach to interact with Hosts than Ford or the others have. He related way more to them.
Ooo yes

Jarmel

Banned
So this episode confirmed the Maeve thing is taking place in the present with the likelihood that Dolores went rouge 35 years ago I guess.

Edit: Actually I guess that was confirmed last episode.

Altazor

damn, you could be onto something here.

FelipeMGM

So this episode confirmed the Maeve thing is taking place in the present with the likelihood that Dolores went rouge 35 years ago I guess.

Edit: Actually I guess that was confirmed last episode.

Dont they mention in some episode that their last accident was 30 years ago or something? Maybe that was when Dolores went rouge

When the series started I thought this was just a cool nod to the movie, but that was before I knew about the timelines

This show is great yall

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches

Ford kept reminding Bernard "the hosts aren't real." He literally didn't want him to repeat Arnold's mistakes i.e. approach to hosts.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So I'm watching episode 3 and the lab
beneath the house
is definitely where Dolores and Bernard held their meetings. Funny thing about that room, there's no equipment in there.
flashback and Bernard = Arnold confirmed

Ford kept reminding Bernard "the hosts aren't real." He literally didn't want him to repeat Arnold's mistakes i.e. approach to hosts.
See this is what makes a reveal/twist good. When you go back through the story, things gain new meaning and relevance with the new knowledge. It's what separates a cheap twist from a meaningful reveal

Top Bottom