• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

Joni

See, the way I saw it is these guys are entry level positions. They probably don't even know who Ford is, or have barely ever seen him. When they say high up, they probably mean floors, because behavior is up on a higher floor. Because that's how a low level employee typically thinks.

Probably everyone in that building has more authority and permissions than they do.

But they seem only limited in the intelligence department, and they can put her stats already quite high. If they were really that limited, they shouldn't have access to that at all. For one, there is no reason for them to be able to change anything.

But they seem only limited in the intelligence department, and they can put her stats already quite high. If they were really that limited, they shouldn't have access to that at all. For one, there is no reason for them to be able to change anything.

I was under the impression Felix stole that tablet. He's not supposed to have it. He was able to work on the bird without a login.

Sylvester knew a login that was able to get into Maeve personality changes. It's implied this login info is not his own. So they aren't supposed to have this ability.

I was under the impression Felix stole that tablet. He's not supposed to have it. He was able to work on the bird without a login.

Sylvester knew a login that was able to get into Maeve personality changes. It's implied this login info is not his own. So they aren't supposed to have this ability.

if that was the case, wouldn't IT be able to track the logins from that missing tablet to the person who was supposed to own that tablet? I mean, wouldn't that person has TWO tablets now? cuz he would still need to work at Delos somehow? Wouldn't be a red flag at IT's asset management system?

it seems funny that felix stole that tablet, and that it had high security clearance but that it wasn't reported or anything. or that its access wasn't terminated when the person receives a replacement tablet from IT... :3

Makai

if that was the case, wouldn't IT be able to track the logins from that missing tablet to the person who was supposed to own that tablet? I mean, wouldn't that person has TWO tablets now? cuz he would still need to work at Delos somehow? Wouldn't be a red flag at IT's asset management system?

it seems funny that felix stole that tablet, and that it had high security clearance but that it wasn't reported or anything. or that its access wasn't terminated when the person receives a replacement tablet from IT... :3
There is no IT department.

Yeah the whole storyline with maeve is utter trash. Killed the show for me imo. A robot making big changes like that in the system and no one notices? Lol. Are there no cameras in a high tech facility like this? A robot just slashed a human worker and no one is the security team picks it up? Ok yeah not buying it. I also see there's a team monitoring the park all the time. They don't see a robot charging the behavior of other robot? On top of that why not those two workers just jump her and shut the robot down. This whole plotline is as believable as a Steven segal movie lol.

Am I missing something? My friend is convinced that episode 9 hits tomorrow on the HBO site with the TV airdate staying Sunday. Wasn't that just for the first episode?

Yeah the whole storyline with maeve is utter trash. Killed the show for me imo. A robot making big changes like that in the system and no one notices? Lol. Are there no cameras in a high tech facility like this? A robot just slashed a human worker and no one is the security team picks it up? Ok yeah not buying it. I also see there's a team monitoring the park all the time. They don't see a robot charging the behavior of other robot? On top of that why not those two workers just jump her and shut the robot down. This whole plotline is as believable as a Steven segal movie lol.

re bolded parts: there are cameras. we saw bernard had to erase himself out of security footage to cover his tracks from killing theresa. it's just that the security system of the company is ...selective. a lot of people speculates this is because of Ford puppetmastering everything ever that goes on in Delos.

Also, see Makai's answer above. Completely explains everything :D

Well, we don't know that it wasn't reported. The tablet could have also belonged to Elsie. Sylvester suggests Felix destroy it, but its unclear if he means the bird, tablet, or both.

We also don't fully know how the technology works, or if these devices would need to be assigned to specific users. Or if there is just a bank of them that get turned in every shift or something.

Something else I just noticed from the bird scene is Sylvester says "personality testing should have weeded you out." So they want their butchers to have specific personality types. Or at the least, they know the personality types of their employees.

Wouldn't Felix need a tablet to put her in sleep mode?

Sleep mode is likely a verbal command as we've seen it used in other places.

Well, we don't know that it wasn't reported. The tablet could have also belonged to Elsie. Sylvester suggests Felix destroy it, but its unclear if he means the bird, tablet, or both.

We also don't fully know how the technology works, or if these devices would need to be assigned to specific users. Or if there is just a bank of them that get turned in every shift or something.

Something else I just noticed from the bird scene is Sylvester says "personality testing should have weeded you out." So they want their butchers to have specific personality types. Or at the least, they know the personality types of their employees.

Sleep mode is likely a verbal command as we've seen it used in other places.

Yeah, im just assuming current world's standards are applicable because they make sense. Cuz with access to higher security clearances, most common sense would dictate that control measures should be higher, in proportion. If Felix logs on with someone else's log in (carrying from your assumption of him stealing that tablet), and that person is logged on elsewhere, wouldnt that raise a flag somewhere? Double log ins?

ANYWAY, it's all probably monitored and approved by Ford so... i guess i will just let a lot of Delos' security inconsistencies sssssllllliiiiiideeee

Raven117

Actually...a lot of this....Remember when the "security guy" approved pyro-techniques for a jail break?

This is the level of control they have over the park. For some robots to go rogue and no one notice...is silly.

Unless, somehow, this is all part of the story.

Yeah, im just assuming current world's standards are applicable because they make sense. Cuz with access to higher security clearances, most common sense would dictate that control measures should be higher, in proportion. If Felix logs on with someone else's log in (carrying from your assumption of him stealing that tablet), and that person is logged on elsewhere, wouldnt that raise a flag somewhere? Double log ins?

ANYWAY, it's all probably monitored and approved by Ford so... i guess i will just let a lot of Delos' security inconsistencies sssssllllliiiiiideeee

Real quick, it's not an assumption that Felix stole the tablet. The scene plays out with Felix messing with the bird. Sylester walks in and says, "Jesus, you stole a fucking bird..." notices the tablet "... and a tablet?"

Double logins probably aren't a thing. At my job I'm regularly logged into multiple devices at all times, and so are all of my coworkers.

My point is that there are plenty of easily explained scenarios where a tablet has gone missing, and hasn't been reported. Or if it has been reported, we've not been shown that information.

Actually...a lot of this....Remember when the "security guy" approved pyro-techniques for a jail break?

This is the level of control they have over the park. For some robots to go rogue and no one notice...is silly.

Unless, somehow, this is all part of the story.

This is likely a liability thing. They want to make sure guests or customers don't blow themselves up on accident, so explosions are closely monitored.

Real quick, it's not an assumption that Felix stole the tablet. The scene plays out with Felix messing with the bird. Sylester walks in and says, "Jesus, you stole a fucking bird..." notices the tablet "... and a tablet?"

Double logins probably aren't a thing. At my job I'm regularly logged into multiple devices at all times, and so are all of my coworkers.

My point is that there are plenty of easily explained scenarios where a tablet has gone missing, and hasn't been reported. Or if it has been reported, we've not been shown that information.

Double log-in is flagged seriously where i used to work (insurance company). IT will shut down access. If someone forgot their login or is locked out, he/she cant use a fellow worker's access whilst that friend is also logged in. But we were dealing a lot of financial information, so I donno if it would apply in tech company.

Double log-in is flagged seriously where i used to work (insurance company). IT will shut down access. If someone forgot their login or is locked out, he/she cant use a fellow worker's access whilst that friend is also logged in. But we were dealing a lot of financial information, so I donno if it would apply in tech company.

When I was in the Military it mattered. Especially when I worked with security clearance items.

When I worked private sector. It didn't mean shit. No one cared at all and no one tracked anything.

When I worked in the Public sector (state job). It doesn't mean shit, but it is poorly logged. It certainly wouldn't be a quick process to find out what all machines I've logged into.

Anecdotes and whatnot...

When I was in the Military it mattered. Especially when I worked with security clearance items.

When I worked private sector. It didn't mean shit. No one cared at all and no one tracked anything.

When I worked in the Public sector (state job). It doesn't mean shit, but it is poorly logged. It certainly wouldn't be a quick process to find out what all machines I've logged into.

Anecdotes and whatnot...

i guess we can chalk it up to delos being one of those companies with shitty security system, then :>

They're saving the MIB is William reveal for the last episode like it's some major revelation, aren't they?

I don't think so. I don't think it's going to be some big reveal. The "reveal" will likely be whatever Young William did to "save the park" that the Man in Black refers to when he talks to Ford.

I don't think so. I don't think it's going to be some big reveal. The "reveal" will likely be whatever Young William did to "save the park" that the Man in Black refers to when he talks to Ford.
I'm just worried that they thought the Internet wouldn't "figure it out' as quickly as the Internet did...

Nah, they've done a healthy amount of foreshadowing and indirect confirmations on purpose. I don't think they're going to fumble it at this point.

To be honest, I agree with him. I think the whole thing is leading up to the 'big reveal' and we're all supposed to go OMFG William is MiB but how??? And then we look back through the episodes and suddenly it all becomes clear, like in Sixh Sense or The Usual Suspects. Except it doesn't work like that when you've got an episodic format and millions of nerds comparing notes online who busted the whole thing open after the second episode.

Jacob4815

They're saving the MIB is William reveal for the last episode like it's some major revelation, aren't they?

I think the revelation will be at the end of episode 9.

According to Dolores'actress, the episode 9 will be as big as 10.

According to her, the ninth and 10th season of the show will shock fans.

“The anticipation is killing me. I thought when the show aired, it would relieve some of that, but now the anticipation of wanting everyone to know the secrets so I can stop having to bear them by myself is what I’m also looking forward to,” she said.

“Certainly prepare for Episodes 9 and 10 to have your heart broken and your mind blown. And that’s really all I can say. I’m just over the moon about it.”

Solo

Rewatching episode 4, when Bernard kisses Theresa and pulls her back to bed, they immediately cut to a huge explosion at Ford's construction site. I somehow missed the blatantly obvious sexual metaphor the first time haha.

zeemumu

I'd assume pistol whipping someone hard enough to knock them unconscious would cause brain damage. They must be in the "sign this liability waiver" part of the park.

I'd assume pistol whipping someone hard enough to knock them unconscious would cause brain damage. They must be in the "sign this liability waiver" part of the park.

"You can't kill me, you can't even leave a mark." He says while he has a red mark where he got hit with the blunt end of a revolver.

zeemumu

To be fair, he said "permanent mark".

You can crack someone's skull with a revolver. I'm starting to question whether or not hosts are actually allowed to do lethal damage. I guess I can chalk the knocked out thing to television physics though.

Which parts are being speculated to be in the past again? Aside from the clear flashbacks?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
To the vast majority of viewers, it will be

Yeah, most of us will see it coming cus we have tons of people dissecting every second and finding every single possible clue. Most casual viewers will never notice any of the clues and be completely blindsided when the reveal happens.

Yeah, most of us will see it coming cus we have tons of people dissecting every second and finding every single possible clue. Most casual viewers will never notice any of the clues and be completely blindsided when the reveal happens.

It's true. Of the 10 or so people I know who are watching the show, none have figured it out. One guessed Bernard was a host and a few others know there are "timelines" in as much as they think they are small flashbacks...but no one suspects MiB = William.

Hydrargyrus

Oh god, the hideous Maeve' story never ends!!
It's really killing the show. It's so damn stupid since the beginning that makes me want to quit watching the show.

The rest is Ok, but that all this Maeve' stuff is trash.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh god, the hideous Maeve' story never ends!!
It's really killing the show. It's so damn stupid since the beginning that makes me want to quit watching the show.

The rest is Ok, but that all this Maeve' stuff is trash.

My only issue with her story was that the redhead could've ended it early on, so that took a small leap of logic, but everything after that has been really cool. They're too into the shit to come clean anymore and the Asian guy sorta wants to see her succeed, so his involvement has never bothered me.

Top Bottom