• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

Jarmel

Banned
Anything involving butchers in this show are so bad, like it's written by a different set of writers. 'Hey lets have this guy fuck a robot right in the open, right next to his coworker, and where I'm sure security cameras are'.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Okay, so here is what I don't understand. She's getting help from a park employee the whole way there, and we know that this employee was not a host because they outright shoot down any speculation that he could be a host.

So was this park employee following orders from Ford? Because if not, that's a hole in the plot.. I mean, if Ford didn't give the order, then there is no way he could have known it would happen.. and from what we saw, Maeve couldn't have accomplished anything without this employee's help

Maeve was chosen for this story. She's able to read/manipulate people. Getting a human to help her may have always been part of her narrative. If she couldn't do that then, she'd either keep on this loop or end up being retired. Either that or Ford purposefully made sure the Butchers working with her are easily manipulated.

So did Maeve 'awake' in this episode too?

She was coded to leave the park by train, but she decided to stay.

No Bernard mentioned she gets on the train....and then he says "But.." or something similar and she grabs the tablet, pretty sure he was going to say but you decide to turn back.

And just in time for finales studying.

giphy.gif

JC Sera

btw heres the source for the delos page view-source:http://www.delosincorporated.com/
it still contains all the old emails, such as suing a fan boy who started selling westworld art

so some interesting stuff from the delos page; meta keywords (what google uses for searching)
Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="Westworld, Delos, HBO, now, go, jj abrams, jonathan nolan, lisa joy, anthony hopkins, yul brynner, western, old west, robot, host, gunslinger, future world, roman world, medieval world, evan rachel wood, james marsden, thandie newton, synths, artificial intelligence, ai, future, bad robot, theme park, sci fi, science fiction">
my favourite is bad robot

Raven117

Oh wow

That may have been one of the most satisfying season finales I've ever seen. Could have completely worked as a series ender had that been needed, but still absolutely does the job of making me want season 2 right now.
Absolutely agree.

btw heres the source for the delos page view-source:http://www.delosincorporated.com/
it still contains all the old emails, such as suing a fan boy who started selling westworld art

so some interesting stuff from the delos page; meta keywords (what google uses for searching)
Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="Westworld, Delos, HBO, now, go, jj abrams, jonathan nolan, lisa joy, anthony hopkins, yul brynner, western, old west, robot, host, gunslinger, future world, roman world, medieval world, evan rachel wood, james marsden, thandie newton, synths, artificial intelligence, ai, future, bad robot, theme park, sci fi, science fiction">
my favourite is bad robot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Robot_Productions

KRod-57

Banned
Maeve was chosen for this story. She's able to read/manipulate people. Getting a human to help her may have always been part of her narrative. If she couldn't do that then, she'd either keep on this loop or end up being retired. Either that or Ford purposefully made sure the Butchers working with her are easily manipulated.

It's harder to swallow a plot where Ford knows what the behavior of a human will be beforehand. The hosts are completely under his control until he lets them off their leash, but every human abides by their own free will, thus they are unpredictable

It's just not a well written story when you throw a human in the mix of Ford's master plan.. unless that human was following direct orders

Raven117

We never did get a scene between woke Dolores and Maeve.
I'm not convinced Delores is "awoke" as even Hopkins said it was Arnold pulling the trigger. Further, not convinced ford is dead yet as he was making a host in that room.

Where the eff did the security guy with the ghost nation? Where did Elsie go? She dead? Corporate espionage?

I mean... Still a lot for season 2... But satisfying 1

sdornan

I'm not sure how I feel about the show as a whole. The bookends of the season were good, but the middle contained a ton of filler. I wish I could say I thought it was solid the whole way through, but I can't.

Meier

Can someone post the earlier gif (a few weeks ago) where William transformed into the MIB? I couldn't find it easily with google. Cheers!

kris.

Banned
I'm not convinced Delores is "awoke" as even Hopkins said it was Arnold pulling the trigger. Further, not convinced ford is dead yet as he was making a host in that room.

Nah, Dolores is definitely "awake". Once she stopped hearing Arnold's/Ford's voice in her head and started hearing her own, that was it. That was her own consciousness kicking in.

Calm Mind

I feel like I have witnessed television history tonight. So much terrific television wrapped up in 90 minutes. I wish I could hug my HBO subscription right now.

Where the eff did the security guy with the ghost nation? Where did Elsie go? She dead? Corporate espionage?

I mean... Still a lot for season 2... But satisfying 1

She definitely awoke.
She realizes that it wasn't Arnold or Bernard that was talking to her, it was an inner dialogue, her self conscious.

No Bernard mentioned she gets on the train....and then he says "But.." or something similar and she grabs the tablet, pretty sure he was going to say but you decide to turn back.

He says "But when you reach the main land..."
And if you look at the code there's a function called "Mainland Infiltration", so she definitely went against her designed purpose.

I dunno whats gonna happen in the park for the next year but I know one guy who is gonna be making Trevor Philips Enterprises a pillar of the business community

R89FyKj.jpg

OrionX

That was so great. Now I feel like I need to rewatch the whole season again. lol

Anthony Hopkins was one of the best things about the show. He constantly had me questioning his motives, and each time he spoke I felt compelled to listen to every word. Ford always seemed to have this omnipresence, so it was great to see that he basically had a hand in all of the present-day events. At least Maeve's storyline makes more sense now, it was too hard to believe he wouldn't have known what was going on.

I love that it looks like season 2 will be a completely different world.

I don't love that season 2 is so far away. :(

Burt

Weren't they among the cold storage hosts in the forest at the end? Wyatt had arrived and his her army had come
Ah, I guess I didn't see, dark as it was. So I guess Ford just amped a bunch of hosts up to act as warriors to protect the other hosts when the rebellion started?

That was so great. Now I feel like I need to rewatch the whole season again. lol

Anthony Hopkins was one of the best things about the show. He constantly had me questioning his motives, and each time he spoke I felt compelled to listen to every word. Ford always seemed to have this omnipresence, so it was great to see that he basically had a hand in all of the present-day events. At least Maeve's storyline makes more sense now, it was too hard to believe he wouldn't have known what was going on.

I love that it looks like season 2 will be a completely different world.

I don't love that season 2 is so far away. :(

I like how the whole lockdown was part of Ford's narrative. Maeve didn't lock the control room our turn off the power adder the train left, that was all part of Ford's plan.

What a fucking show. Turns out Hopkins was
on his partner's side after all; just buying them time for the revelries to grow and mature. He will be missed. Brilliant portrayal of the role.

Also, the biggest shock for me was seeing Michael Crichton still impacting the world of movies damn near a decade after his passing.

What a man.

Top Bottom