• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

Man what an end. So Arnold basically won the argument in the end, eh? He convinced Ford that there was life/consciousness/sentience to be discovered in the hosts, but it took his death to make him realize it.

That's the mistake Ford has been attempting to correct. Unfortunately it's taken 30+ years of suffering to make it happen. And the whole time, the callousness he displayed to the hosts, the way he instructed his staff to dehumanize and make them suffer, a way to keep the suffering until they were finally ready.

If next season is just a survival horror in the park that's would be a bit of a step-down.
From the hints on the website, the hosts control the park now like a sovereign nation. Their home, their world. Stay out.

And the real question is what do the hosts do if they can be their own makers and masters? Will it descend into Lord of the Flies?

From the hints on the website, the hosts control the park now like a sovereign nation. Their home, their world

And the real question is what do the hosts do if they can be their own makers and masters? Will it descend into Lords of the Flies?
there will probably even be "good hosts" and "bad hosts". Whatever that means.

Wait Daniel day Lewis is in season 2?
yup he plays future logan...

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I missed something but why did Teddy's bullets affect William(MiB) this time? In the first episode his shots didn't do anything at all but this time it knocked him down and seemed to hurt him a little.

Solo

S2 will open with the hosts running Westworld and humans trying to retake it. Perhaps Logan takes over Delos in William's stead (William will be presumed dead).

Maybe I missed something but why did Teddy's bullets affect William(MiB) this time? In the first episode his shots didn't do anything at all but this time it knocked him down and seemed to hurt him a little.

He shot him several times in succession, and knocked the wind out of him.

I'm sure they will come up with some sort of plot contrivance to explain why humanity wouldn't just wipe out a world of sentient robots that want them dead.
the hosts are likely going to keep a lot of the humans hostage. Of course there will be lots of uncertainty of who is a host.

Veitsev

Presumably they would have access to the facilities which would allow them to create more hosts

That and there is nothing necessarily preventing them from altering themselves to be able to reproduce.

Calling it now. One of the plot lines will be making a host able to reproduce naturally but the cost is their immortality.

S2 will open with the hosts running Westworld and humans trying to retake it. Perhaps Logan takes over Delos in William's stead (William will be presumed dead).
Now we need a awesome character actor for old Logan to replace Hopkins as Willaim's older rival

Looking back, it makes sense that Arnold wasn't able to help the hosts achieve consciousness, but that Ford eventually did.

I recall a scene where Ford is talking to someone about Arnold's theory of consciousness.
Ford said that he didn't believe consciousness was a pyramid as Arnold thought but, rather, something else.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
tumblr_nnpnqyNISU1tslewgo1_500.gif

Ridli

From the hints on the website, the hosts control the park now like a sovereign nation. Their home, their world. Stay out.

And the real question is what do the hosts do if they can be their own makers and masters? Will it descend into Lord of the Flies?

Oh, haven't really seen anything outside of the show itself. Not sure if I wanna do an ARG, but that would be interesting.

Honestly, based on this season's theme I think they might find that "procreation" won't be some simple copy/paste. Would they make new hosts and cause them to suffer in order to awaken as well?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I was yelling at the Asian lab guy the whole time. Wtf dude??? I thought for a sec he would be a host, but nope he's just an idiot.

Only reasonable explination I can think of is that he has a good reason to hate the corporation and people in it enough to not really care about their deaths.

Or he's just a poorly written idiot of a character.

RowdyReverb

Because in both of those scenes, it made for better screenplay for the bullets to behave the way they did

Jarmel

Banned

That's stupid though, I have to imagine a military would step in.

Solo

One thing I feel I must say is that even though I'm disappointed that the Internet figured out all the mysteries way ahead of time and lessoned the impact of them, the show still absolutely nailed the execution of every single dman one of them. William being MiB might have been the best executed of all of them. What an amazingly well directed, acted, shot and scored show.

This show was the perfect mystery.
It left enough clues for the audience to participate in solving the mystery and the reveals were satisfying.

I think something is going to happen to young William that changes him.

He is falling in love with Dolores who isn't fully sentinent.
She will reset and have no memory of him. He will become sad and cynical because the relationship he thought existed was all a mirage.

He'll go home, get married to the woman he doesn't love and live the life he doesn't desire.
He'll come back to Westworld as the MiB, acting out his depression and anger.
When he murders Maeve's daughter, he once again senses that feeling of realism.

Then he'll try to reset the events that occurred previously and help Dolores complete the Maze.

Hey, not a bad guess.

Don't care how bad the security guys were, Armistice I'd now my favorite character in the show. Biting the finger, kicking ass nekid, the joy of firing modern weapons, and then her escape. Perfection.

Top Bottom