• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

scitek

Crazy finale. Loved the reveal that Maeve was just following a new narrative, but then had the ability to choose not to follow it at the end.

Burt

Crazy mountain man living in the park all these years

Honestly, as the son who got passed over for running the company but still probably gets all the business perks and the family fortune, that's probably not too far off.

Westworld for $00.00/day for life.

Fjordson

I loved the finale. I like that they went kinda crazy with it.

But I'm sad because barring some twists, I'm assuming Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins and Jimmi Simpson are done with the show. All three were incredible.

duckroll

DDL would be awesome if they can convince him to method act through 10 episodes. I am expecting someone more along the lines of Donald Sutherland

I was basically just thinking if William ages up to become Ed Harris, what sort of asshole Logan would age up into. DDL is the only masterclass actor in that range who comes to mind.

creatchee

He will show up in Season 2 played by whatever badass older actor HBO can money whip.

Josh Brolin would be awesome but I think he's a smidge too young. Maybe with some artificial aging/makeup?

EDIT: to that effect, the guy who Josh Brolin played a younger version of in MiB- Tommy Lee Jones?

golem

LkAgm9Y.png

June 2052!

kevin1025

Banned

But I'm sad because barring some twists, I'm assuming Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins and Jimmi Simpson are done with the show. All three were incredible.

I think they announced a couple of weeks back that Ed Harris will be back for season two.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What song did they cover in the end there? I recognize it but I can't quite remember what song it is.

Brakke

Banned
How is the military not gonna get sent in there to rescue everyone and likely completely destroy all the hosts? Or at best keep around a few for research.

"The" military? What military? The Moon Militia?

So did Ford end up agreeing with Arnold at the end basically? I'm still kind of iffy on why/when he changed his mind.

Disappointed Maeve didn't leave but I suppose it's for the better if we get to see more of her next season. Also sad that Ford is dead (presumably), he was one of the best characters and no one can replace him =/

He said this straight into the camera. He didn't really understand Arnold until he experienced the pain of losing his friend. Arnold's death was to Robert as Arnold's son's death was to Arnold.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Re: Ed Harris

He confirmed he was back for Season 2

scitek

So did Ford end up agreeing with Arnold at the end basically? I'm still kind of iffy on why/when he changed his mind.

Arnold suffered the loss of his son and realized the hosts would be suffering forever because they can't die.

When Arnold died, Ford suffered much like Arnold did, and it caused him to think like Arnold, thus reversing his previous stance on consciousness.

Or something.

JC Sera

Im really curious where the name wyatt originated from/what its meant to symbolize

just like why that name in particular
why a male persona ford

Jetman

So we never saw Dolores' "dad" get on the train with the "Ford Blackmail data". Is there a chance that Maeve was programmed by Delos to get the data out and all of the shit she started was a program by them to create chaos within WW to prove Ford didn't know what he was doing?

Brakke

Banned
Im really curious where the name wyatt originated from/what its meant to symbolize

just like why that name in particular
why a male persona ford

Wyatt was a character they were developing but hadn't deployed yet. Arnold merged the Wyatt personality profile into Dolores because Dolores didn't have enough of an edge to her to do the massacre. Or something. The relationship between roles & programming & individual hosts is still pretty unclear.

All planned. Made it sound like a Jurassic Park event
It's still a critical failure in host behavior.

Thinking back on it, you'd think they would have used harsh language if the previous critical failure, mentioned in conjunction to some pretty harmful AI glitches, was a parkwide massacre

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Wyatt is a patronymic surname and given name derived from a Middle English diminutive of an Old English personal name wīg "war" + heard "hard, brave", and of the names Guy and William.

Wyatt means brave in war

Delores is spanish for Sorrows.

So basically, her intended character progression.

OrionX

So I guess Bernard really did kill Elsie?

And what about brother Hemsworth? I guess he didn't make it from the forest folk?

If they were killed I'm surprised they would leave it so ambiguously... I usually don't think a character's dead if I don't see a body, but it's hard to imagine they're still alive.

kevin1025

Banned
If they were killed I'm surprised they would leave it so ambiguously... I usually don't think a character's dead if I don't see a body, but it's hard to imagine they're still alive.

Yup, guessing Elsie and Hemsworth are still alive.

Yeah. I mean, most things are wrapped up or left in a way to have a great continuation. But their absences since being placed in bad situations for them felt a little out of place.

I'll assume they come back in some form!

Makai

Nice catch! Wouldn't that mean if Ford opened the park about 35 years ago that would mean he opened it in...2017?

WAIT. WHAT.
It's an alternate history where the internet was never created and people still carried photographs, but much more advanced in robotics

Top Bottom