• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

Burt

is it next sunday yet

Did that bullet bounce off her like she was a guest or did it just miss? It could have hit her also then she ran away. I wasn't able to tell. Perhaps the latter which is why she passed out.

Solid episode. Bernard has been the stand out character for me so far.

Teddy keeps taking those Ls. At least he wasn't afraid.
I think her memories were bleeding over and she didn't get hit -- she was remembering another time she ran out of the barn like that and got shot, so turned and ran before it would happen again.

Chase17

Did that bullet bounce off her like she was a guest or did it just miss? It could have hit her also then she ran away. I wasn't able to tell. Perhaps the latter which is why she passed out.

~Kinggi~

Banned

nah, it repeated the sequence like she remembered what happened a prior night.

jfkgoblue

Someone is intervening, the fact that she was able to kill that host, and she also got shot and was bleeding like every other host, but then it healed itself.

kai3345

Banned
Yeah, the Jimmi Simpson stuff is definitely in the past. The bullet-shielding technology is way less advanced than what was shown in earlier episodes. The scene at the beginning with the girl and the gun disappearing is because it shifted into a flashback. Her coming out of the woods at the end is a red herring.

Also I thought it was weird that Teddy swatted at the flies? I thought the hosts weren't supposed to be able to do that?

Someone is intervening, the fact that she was able to kill that host, and she also got shot and was bleeding like every other host, but then it healed itself.
The bit where she got shot was a flashback. She's remembering the instances in which this has happened before.

Sean C

In previous episodes it seemed like the park basically closed down at night, but here we see that storylines clearly do last through the night (and multiple days), since William and his asshole companion were camping out at night.

Makai

Keep in mind, the theory is that there was a catostrophic accident in the past - hosts become sentient and kill guests. The bugs are in the past and the bugs in the future are red herring.

JoeBoy101

The bit where she got shot was a flashback. She's remembering the instances in which this has happened before.

Just bullshitting here, but what if it wasn't a flashback. What if she anticipated the result? Or feared it? Her exhibiting self-preservation? Wasn't that part of the pyramid?

kris.

Banned
are the scenes of Teddy and the female guest going off on his new storyline to find Wyatt concurrent with Dolores' story this week? if that's the case, then William can't be the MiB. i need to rewatch the episode asap.

Makai

The only way they're killing the William theory is if William runs into staff (and then we decide the staff must be hosts).

Talka

How do guests avoiding harming each other?

How often does the world "reset"? I feel like we've seen Dolores get killed three times since William's come to Westworld.

jfkgoblue

How often does the world "reset"? I feel like we've seen Dolores get killed three times since William's come to Westworld.
Dolores hasn't died yet(that we've seen), Teddy though....

They talked about it in the episode, the hosts are on loops

This new storyline veers into Bone Tomahawk territory.
Well, it was an episode by the director of The Descent

===

I'm still subscribing to the William flashback theory. Although "back to the beginning", then shows us William seems almost too the nose. Like the writers want us to believe that.

Makai

Well, it was an episode by the director of The Descent

===

I'm still subscribing to the William flashback theory. Although "back to the beginning", then shows us William seems almost to the nose. Like the writers want us to believe that.
It's just foreshadowing. No way any normal viewer picks up on the logos, etc. Meant for when people rewatch the season.

Flo_Evans

So when she got shot was it a flashback or did she realize it didn't hurt?

I wonder if all the guns are non lethal (exception MiB) and the hosts are just programmed to act like they got shot. Remember the malfunctioning bandit, clearly he was wounded (milk leaking out of his stomach).

White hat dude even crumpled like he was "supposed to" cause he was getting into character.

Ford cuts robots face in diagnostic mode, crappy writer breaks the poor Indians nose.

I think the guns basically fire paintballs, the robots simulate the damage to themselves or it's a hologram.

Edit: still not onboard with William flashback theory, different logos could simply be different departments, we actually had a clear flashback this episode and they didn't try and hide it... the story seems focused on the hosts and the creators not whoever the man in black is, he's just a villain for himself (lol) to fight over Dolores.

BSsBrolly

Banned
So when she got shot was it a flashback or did she realize it didn't hurt?

I wonder if all the guns are non lethal (exception MiB) and the hosts are just programmed to act like they got shot. Remember the malfunctioning bandit, clearly he was wounded (milk leaking out of his stomach).

White hat dude even crumpled like he was "supposed to" cause he was getting into character.

Ford cuts robots face in diagnostic mode, crappy writer breaks the poor Indians nose.

I think the guns basically fire paintballs, the robots simulate the damage to themselves or it's a hologram.

I brought this up earlier in the thread. Got people pissed. I'm with you though. I don't think they feel anything. However, Anthony Hopkins character did say "they can't feel anything we don't program them to." (Something along those lines). So maybe they can feel pain if it's programmed, such as shoot outs? Idk

MoeDabs

I'm still on the Flashback train, but not so much the William=Mib. But then again, what would be the point of the Flashback?

Cartman86

Banned
Do we have an actor for what appeared to be CG character in the partner? Looked like a young Rutger Hauer to me unless they are trying to not just make a young Ed Harris to throw us off.

EDIT: Oh wait was that supposed to be Anthony Hopkins?

Burt

Bernard existing alongside Old Ford and being the one who's helping Dolores break free, which enabled her to recognize the situation, run away and cross paths with William in a disheveled state, seems to indicate that William is in Old Ford Present Timeline.

Dolores stumbling into camp could be a completely unrelated flashback and separate from the memory bleed/escape that happened tonight, or Bernard could be a host and his conversations with Dolores are from 30 years ago, but both of those things are incredibly cheap moves.

I guess the memory bleed/escape tonight could also have just been part of the incident 30 years ago and Bernard will be shown to be repeating the mistakes of the past, but Teddy wasn't there because of the new storyline, and now we're getting into "every scene's time period is up in the air to make it fit the internet theory based off a logo". It'd just be way too convoluted or way too cheap to have William be a flashback at this point, and we're only 3 episodes deep.

shira

For guns feels like smart bullets or some kind of auto-aim system with explosives on the host side. That would prevent ricochet damage.

But they seem to be able to punch and kick each other.

Makai

There's a lot in the park that's clearly from a different time.

ml9jvc6fwurx.jpg

I'm still on the Flashback train, but not so much the William=Mib. But then again, what would be the point of the Flashback?
I think this is all the evidence so far

- The logo when William arrives is different from the shows/park's main logo, and matches the logo in the old cold storage
- We see similarly shot scenes of William and the MiB tipping his hat at Dolores and picking up something for her
- The story in the Sweetwater when William arrives is different.
- The MiB says he was born in the park (as in a philosophical/spiritual sense); in the same episode, William's friend says you find out who you really are in the park
- The MiB tells Dolores that they need to start from the beginning, and the show cuts to William

Edit: Also, the gunshot at William seems way more powerful/painful than the ones when Teddy shot at the MiB. And I don't think William was role-playing enough at that point to just play along. Not sure if that means anything

Top Bottom