• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the launch titles for DS?

suikodan

I just reserved a NDS this weekend and somehow began to get excited about it. I saw it at E3 but since I didn't touch it, I couldn't feel the buzz as opposed to the PSP which amazed me.

But after the guy cashed my 5$ reservation, I wondered what was announced for the launch and besides Mario 64x4, I couldn't answer my question.

So, anyone?

Chittagong

Gold Member
My guess from the other thread, so fiction:

NINTENDO ANNOUNCES STRONG EXCLUSIVE LAUNCH LINEUP FOR NINTENDO DS
New first-party games demonstrate unique, innovative features of Nintendo DS
Momentum continues in early 2005 with further titles

REDMOND, Wash., Oct. 7, 2004 - Nintendo announced today an exciting first-party launch lineup for Nintendo DS, the dual-screened, hand-held video game system redefining the idea of interactive entertainment. The initial launch lineup for Nintendo DS includes exclusive new installments of Nintendo's most loved franchises - Super Mario 64x4, Animal Crossing DS and Wario Ware DS.

"We are thrilled to launch the Nintendo DS with a stellar trio of Nintendo favorites. A real power punch is delivered by using the new games to demonstrate the revolutionary new gameplay possibilities the Nintendo DS offers", says Reggie Fils-Aime, Vice President of Sales and Marketing of Nintendo of America. "The launch trio is perfect for demonstrating the exclusive new features of Nintendo DS - wireless multiplayer gaming in Super Mario 64x4, innovative use of the second screen as an input in Animal Crossing DS, and unique new style of gameplay using the touch screen in Wario Ware DS. "

For 2005 and beyond, Nintendo announced further unique, innovative games. Gamers can expect to get their hands on Nintendogs, a virtual dog simulation, Mario Kart DS, the dual screen version of the world's most popular karting game, New Super Mario Bros (working title), and all new Mario adventure, as well as Metroid Prime Hunters, into which gamers get a first peek with the free preview version included with the Nintendo DS system, Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt. Further details of these games will be revealed at a later date.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Shikamaru Ninja said:
I would guess from Nintendo.

Super Mario DS
Command Mission DS (submarine game)
Nintendogs

Why not Warioware? If there was one game I'd think they could get ready on time above all others, it'd be that.

I could understand if it wasn't launching in Japan, as it'd be going up against the new GBA game, but as far as I'm aware that's not coming to the US this year.

I want Animal Crossing for launch, but I'm predicting Nintendo will launch it at a later date, possibly a few months down the road, in order to fill up gaps in it's line-up.

AniHawk

suikodan said:
I just reserved a NDS this weekend and somehow began to get excited about it. I saw it at E3 but since I didn't touch it, I couldn't feel the buzz as opposed to the PSP which amazed me.

But after the guy cashed my 5$ reservation, I wondered what was announced for the launch and besides Mario 64x4, I couldn't answer my question.

So, anyone?

Super Mario 64 DS
PilotWings 64 DS

That's pretty much it for the entire year.

Memles

Kobun Heat said:
And KI Gold.

By the by, I'm surprised that people aren't expecting more surprises.

I'm expecting at least one, if not two. Go me.

I'm waiting until Spring, but I want to see how Launch turns out.

Top Bottom