• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substance

Morning: REM - Murmur
Afternoon: Velvet Underground and Nico
Evening: Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique

I'm feeling quite swell. I'm just tired now of grooving out my skin with B-Boy Bouillabaisse. One day I'll catch all the lyrics to 'A Year and a Day'.

Volt

"Inches" by Les Savy Fav
"Good News For People Who Love Bad News" by Modest Mouse
"Alice in Chains" by Alice in Chains
"Beyond The Stars" by Jimi Tenor
"Sailing The Seas Of Cheese" by Primus

Suerte

B00029R5OI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00020QXU4.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0002BK4I0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Not listening to anything new really, just stuff I really dug in the past.

My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves, because I decided I really wanted to learn One Big Holiday on guitar.

Placebo - Sleeping with Ghosts, because I picked up their new dvd which is very, very well done.

Rush - 2112, because Geddy Lee's voice fuckin rules on this album and the backing vocals on Twilight Zone are insanely creepy.

As for recent stuff, I guess Wilco - A Ghost is Born... forget the haters I think it might be their best. I still can't forgive that 12 minute noise bs though.

Only listening to 1 album right now:

mmcd031-front.jpg

So good. Great album for those that liked the SoTN OST. Can't wait for their new album later this month.

Other than that just a bunch of singles:

Vidoll - Heroin
Shaka Labbits - Rollie
Go!Go!7188 - Ruriro
Dir en grey - Saku (Just a sample of it though)
Dir en grey - Embryo
Jack Off Jill - Strawberry Gashes
Scarling - Alexander the Burn Victim

Wolfy

Banned
I'm wondering if some people here go out of their way to find rare and uber independent bands to listen to.

I'm listening to Blackened by Metallica.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
At the moment, Nas - U Gotta Love It

Recently... Fabolous - Breathe and some other stuff.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Wolfy said:
I'm wondering if some people here go out of their way to find rare and uber independent bands to listen to.

Most people just like what they like. And for a lot of people, myself included, that music isn't on Top 40 radio or MTV. So you have to look elsewhere. Hence, indie music.

But if you'd like, you can think people just listen to it to look cool. I mean, that's what I do, after all!

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Son of Godzilla said:
Of Montreal - Satanic Panic In The Attic

Without exaggerating at all, it's the best thing I've heard in ages. Years even. Hell, I don't think I've ever enjoyed an album this much. Rapture Rapes The Muses and Climb The Ladder are fucking gold. When I first got this I was scared it'd just be more Of Montreal wierdness, which I was so not in the mood for, but this is... amazing. Best of the year obviously.

I couldn't agree more, but I find Disconnect the Dots and How Lester Lost His Wife to be the best songs.

nitewulf

SolidSnakex said:
Only listening to 1 album right now:

mmcd031-front.jpg

So good. Great album for those that liked the SoTN OST. Can't wait for their new album later this month.

their whole album is fantastic.

Dead

well not really...yet
sefskillz said:
Not listening to anything new really, just stuff I really dug in the past.

My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves, because I decided I really wanted to learn One Big Holiday on guitar.

Placebo - Sleeping with Ghosts, because I picked up their new dvd which is very, very well done.

Rush - 2112, because Geddy Lee's voice fuckin rules on this album and the backing vocals on Twilight Zone are insanely creepy.

As for recent stuff, I guess Wilco - A Ghost is Born... forget the haters I think it might be their best. I still can't forgive that 12 minute noise bs though.
ooh, the placebo live dvd? how is it? They can be pretty good live but also really really terrible...i

nitewulf said:
their whole album is fantastic.

The next album sounds even better. They're supposedly going for a more symphonic sound (still with the heavy rock though) this time around. I've only heard one song from it so far (Shadows Temple) but it's awesome stuff. Album of the year potential if they pull it off right.

mmcd037-front.jpg

fart

Savant
SORRY HAD TO BRING IT BACK GWARRR

amanda rogers - the places you dwell
joanna newsom - walnut whales
CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THE ELECTED
rilo kiley - SUNY boot

i never

HOLY SHIT

summer school fucking sucks guys

Aby

Toto - Rosana
Tasmin Archer - Sleeping Satellite
Alpha Blondie - Shalom
Alpha blondie - Ragga Salsa
Dream Academy - Life In A Northern Town
Billy Ocean - Loverboy
Sue Medley - Maybe The Next Time

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Thanks to whomever started the Ween appreciation thread.

B000002HFE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Chocolate & Cheese

Tears for Eddie is an awesome instrumental song.....any other Ween albums, or albums in general, with songs like that?

Oh, and...

B00006F7S4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00000DHYK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ourumov

Faye Wong - Separate Ways
Tommy 6 - Tommy Airline (thanks to SSX)
Guitar Vader - Die Happy !!! (very old album)

Looking for Idol Taxi stuff...If anyone has it, please PM.

nitewulf

Operatic, gothic metal, they sound a lot like nightwish, but i like them more as they are more metal than opera, nightwish fans might like them as well.

B00004VUJJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

pop metal ala HIM, pretty catchy stuff, you could just blast it and chill

B00006RINF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and the new cure album. i dont like it as much as disintegration or boys dont cry, but its not bad either, i just preffer their melodious sound.

B00028HOFY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

also listening to random songs by PUYA, an excellent puerto rican hard rock/metal band.

next up on list:

B00008VOQM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

and

B000255LAM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00000HZFH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I got this album for my birthday and haven't been able to stop listening to it. Despite the fact that I've liked Built to Spill for a long time, for some reason unbeknownst to me, I haven't purchased any albums of theirs up until I got this.

Bought some new CDs this last week, along with slowly replacing more of what was stolen (I just "love" how the record store people have been treating me while repurchasing the entire Death Cab back catalogue). Here are the new ones:

Explosions in the Sky -- The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
Muse -- Origin of Symmetry
Keane -- Hopes and Fears
Oceansize -- Effloresce
Yoko Kanno -- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OST 2

Chrono

Banned
distantmantra said:

Are you talking about this one? I have two albums on my PC that are titled Gits: SAC ost 2.. one that has the track list in that link, and another with completely different songs. =\

oh and the first song, run rabbit junk, freaking rocks. :D

distantmantra said:
Bought some new CDs this last week, along with slowly replacing more of what was stolen (I just "love" how the record store people have been treating me while repurchasing the entire Death Cab back catalogue). Here are the new ones:

Explosions in the Sky -- The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place
Muse -- Origin of Symmetry
Keane -- Hopes and Fears
Oceansize -- Effloresce
How are they treating you?

Chrono said:
Are you talking about this one? I have two albums on my PC that are titled Gits: SAC ost 2.. one that has the track list in that link, and another with completely different songs. =\

oh and the first song, run rabbit junk, freaking rocks. :D

What you linked me to is actually the re-release of GitS:SAC OST 1. I have the first pressing, without Rise and GET9 on it. What I'm referring to is the second soundtrack, which is pretty much music from 2nd GIG (including Rise and GET9), the second season of the series.

As for how the record store people are treating me, well, I shop at this little indie store in Seattle, and they're pretty snobby about the whole thing, like I'm some idiot who knows nothing about music and only buys whats cool. It's just funny, seeing how I saw Death Cab back in 1998 while they were in junior high school. Not a big deal or anything, just kinda odd.

Dead

well not really...yet
distantmantra said:
What you linked me to is actually the re-release of GitS:SAC OST 1. I have the first pressing, without Rise and GET9 on it. What I'm referring to is the second soundtrack, which is pretty much music from 2nd GIG (including Rise and GET9), the second season of the series.
Is it the OST with Cyberbird on it? I love that song. Worth it just for that imo.

fart

Savant
THE THERMALS - FUKN A

THIS ALBUM FUKN KICKS MY ASS

DILUTE - THE GYPSY VALENTINE CURVE

ASS KICKING COMMENCES

THE THERMALS - MORE PARTS PER MILLION

FOOT -> ASS

Dilbert

Doth Togo said:
Massive Attack vs. Mad Professor - No Protection
TERRIFIC album...which is kind of odd, when you consider that it's a complete reconstruction of a terrific album.

It used to be my favorite make-out album, in fact...but that's another story entirely. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom