• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Are Your Day 1, Must Buy Games for the Rest of 2017

Lemrik

Neo Member
way to much...

- Mario + Rabbids
- Mario Odyssey
- Metroid
- Destiny 2
- Rocket League Switch
- Stardew Valley Switch
- StarWars: BF2
- Sonic Mania
- South Park

Avallon

The only game i have pre-ordered is Senran Kargura PBS (missing from your list), but I will definitely be getting Danganronpa, Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem day 1. Probably more, as well.

Epcott

Mario Odyssey for sure.

I was thinking Destiny 2... but now I wonder if I should get Splatoon 2 i stead and wait a few months for Destiny to see how expansions are handled.

Definitely Asscreed Origins
I want Mario & Rabbids, but I don't have the time to play more than 3 games this season.

DirtyLarry

Uncharted LL
Cuphead
Forza 7
SW BF2
Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein 2
Evil Within 2
Call of Duty WW2
Crackdown 3
Need for Speed Payback

Also picking up Destiny 2 at the urging of one of my friends from way back when. Him and his brother need someone to group up with, so should be a good time with our old man group.

kromeo

Xenoblade 2 and Evil Within 2 are probably the only games I'll buy at full price for the rest of the year, and even those I can't guarantee I'll start day one

Thatanas

Mario + Rabbids
Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade 2

Basically any major games coming to Switch, it's my go to device at the moment. PS4/Xbox One are more lowkey ATM, but they also have plenty of games I am looking forward to.

I've got a document with all the games I'm interested in playing, but as for day one purchases these are:

Aug:
Tacoma (PC, Xbox One) – August 2
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (PC, PS4) – August 8
Sonic Mania (PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One) – August 15
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (Uncharted 4 standalone DLC) (PS4) – August 22 NA, August 23 EU
Life is Strange: Before the Storm – Episode One (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – August 31

Sept:
Destiny 2 (PS4, Xbox One) – September 6 (!!!)
Cuphead (PC, Xbox One) – September 29
Nintendo SNES Classic Mini console launch – September 29

Oct:
Middle-earth: Shadow of War (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 10
South Park: The Fractured But Whole – (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 17
Assassin’s Creed: Origins (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 27
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) – October 27 (Yes, I'm buying all 27th games but Odyssey will be the one I play first/most!)
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – October 27

Nov:
Call of Duty: WW2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – November 3
Xbox One X console launch – November 7
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – Xbox Game Preview (Xbox One) – late 2017

Listing them out this way makes it seem even more daunting to play them all than even the document I write out each year. Probably a testament to the quality of releases in 2017, in fact there are multiple games that I won't be buying day one but I will be playing in January and February.

Jmille99

August:

Agents of Mayhem (PS4) – August 15 (Depending on Reviews)
Nidhogg 2 (PS4) – August 15

September:

Knack 2 (PS4)
– September 5
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (Vita) – September 26
Cuphead (PC) – September 29

October:

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) – October 27

November and beyond:

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (PS4) – November 17
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PS4) – November 14

Also, was Undertale coming to PS4/Vita this year? If so, that too.

Auctopus

I've got Uncharted: Lost Legacy and Yakuza: Kiwami on pre-order. Apart from Everybody's Golf, I don't think there's a single title's quality there I can guarantee. Maybe Wolfenstein.

Atolm

I have Everybody's Golf and Wolfenstein II already paid.

I'll probably buy Danganronpa V3, SM Oddyssey and the Dishonored expansion as well.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Uncharted TLL, Everybody's Golf, Yakuza Kiwami, Destiny 2, Dishonored Death of the Outsider, Horizon Zero Dawn dlc and Wolfenstein 2. If Xenoblade Chronicles 2 releases this year you can add that to the list as well.

The only games post Nex Machina that were legit day-1 buys for me are Yakuza: Kiwami and Matterfall and I have both pre-ordered. Literally no other game is so important to me that I buy day 1 or pre-order. A lot of great games that I will get eventually most definitely, but not day 1.
Yakuza Kiwami.

That's it.
Good man.

All the Yakuza: Kiwami mentions have me doing the Robert-redford-nod.gif motion.

Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth Vita
Destiny 2 PS4
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider PS4
The Evil Within 2 PS4
Call of Duty: WW2 PS4
Vampyr PS4
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4
.hack//G.U. Last Recode PS4

Also, some vita games that didn't make the list.

e_i

Metroid Samus Returns
Super Mario Odyssey
Ys VII and VIII
Wolfenstein
Blue Refelction
Xenoblade 2
Zwei
Sonic Mania
Uncharted: TLL

Darrenf

Sonic Mania
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
WWE 2K18
Super Mario Odyssey

Considering getting FIFA 18 on Day One as well.

FTF

Uncharted: Lost Legacy
SW: Battlefront 2
Metroid: Samus Returns
And SNES classic mini...if I can find one/am able to preorder :'(

sirronoh

Danganronpa V3 is the only game for the rest of the year that's a must buy for me day one.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PC, PS4, Vita) – September 26

Sonic Mania, Super Mario Odyssey, Mario+Rabbids, Metroid Samus Returns, Danganronpa V3, Cuphead, Pokemon US/UM, Rocket League (Switch) and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Yakuza Kiwami, Everybody's Golf, Danganronpa V3 and Dragon's Dogma.

The only game i have pre-ordered is Senran Kargura PBS (missing from your list), but I will definitely be getting Danganronpa, Xenoblade, and Fire Emblem day 1. Probably more, as well.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (Vita) – September 26

giphy.gif

Ladekabel

Mario & Rabbids
Destiny 2 PC
Mario Odyssey
Hollow Knight Switch (if it releases this year)

One more Mario game than I thought. Some other titles I'm interested in like Wolfenstein, Xenoblade or AC: Origins but I can wait for those until they are a little bit cheaper.

milena87

There is one game I absolutely NEED and that is Cook, Serve, Delicious 2!

Other games I'll play as soon as I can:
Wolfenstein II
Vampyr
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Assassin's Creed Origins
Divinity Original Sin 2

tuffy

Got a lot of "maybes" on my list depending on reviews and word-of-mouth, but Etrian Odyssey V is a definite day 1 purchase.

emb

Definitely want to buy as soon as I can:
Metroid 2 Remake
Mario
Ys VIII
Axiom Verge (physical)

Probably will buy around release-ish:
Fire Emblem: Warriors
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Mario + Rabbids
Ni No Kuni II

A couple of these might be delayed, idk. I'm sure I have stuff missing from my notes too, so I'm probably forgetting something.

Duxxy3

Assuming the reviews turn out alright...

Hellblade
Destiny 2
Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein 2
WW2
Mario Odyssey

There is a good chance that the only new console game I buy this year is Mario Odyssey. Haven't quite decided where I'm getting those middle games, but I'm leaning PC.

Probably only have time to add Mario Odessey this year. Would probably add Hollow Knight if there switch port turns out. Will buy Rabbids and Xenoblade next summer (or if I find a sale). I'm interested in Wolfenstein, but I just bought The New Order after seeing the trailer for The New Colossus, so I think I can wait on that too. Mostly interested in Switch titles right now.

Limited time + limited money - games I already own that I still want to finish = few day one purchases for me.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (August 29)
WWE 2K18 (Oct 7)
Just Dance 2018 (Oct 24)
Super Mario Odyssey (Oct 27)
Call of Duty: World War 2 (Nov 3)
Fire Emblem Warriors (TBA)

Lots going on in October. Not sure if I'll get Battlefront 2 at launch or not, it'll depend on when my friends get it.

Gator86

Nothing for me. All the big stuff is already out on my end. I'm going to wind up with day 1 Destiny, begrudgingly, but the idea of it as a must buy on its own merits is laughable.

E-phonk

Banned
Super Mario Odyssey.

Although I'm also interested in Mario + Rabbits. I would also 've answered Ni No Kuni 2, but that's been delayed to early 2018. Oh, and the BoTW DLC if that counts.

For other games I'm still on the fence.

Rarely get stuff day one anymore, but my must buys at some point in the near future:

Mario Odyssey
Hollow Knight (switch, assuming this year)
Wolfenstein 2
Battlefront 2
Destiny 2 (actually day one)
Starcraft Remastered
Uncharted LL
Horizon DLC
Steam world Dig 2 (assuming this year)

Probably forgetting some indie games.

Briarios

Definitely Day 1:
Ys VIII
White Day
Yakuza Kiwami
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite
Mario +Rabids
Blue Reflection
.Hack G/U
Star Wars Battlefront 2

Possibly Day 1
FIFA
Senran Kagura PBS
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Fire Emblem Warriors
Culdcept Revolt
Pokken
Mario Odyssey
Middle-earth Shadows of War
Assassin's Creed: Origins

Embarassed to admit possible day 1:
Knack 2

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Mario Od.
The Evil Within 2

thats typically more than i do in a whole year. that said i do plan to buy like a dozen more of these games that release in the coming year ;_;

kevin1025

Banned
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Yakuza Kiwami
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Then I have to decide between a new PC or Xbox One X. If I go X, Super Lucky's Tale will be day one. If I go PC, Destiny 2 PC will be day one. Just have to decide!

Definitely Destiny 2. Depending on October and how "full-time" I'm still on Destiny will probably weigh on jumping to South Park, Assassin's Creed, Wolfenstein. Of those, it'll probably be South Park since I enjoyed the first game so much.

I'll probably have Call of Duty in November as well and push anything else to the Christmas list to hand over to the wife!

Xando

Way too much.

Destiny 2
Southpark
Shadow of War (Depending on reviews)
Wolfenstein
AC Origins
COD WW2

And some more but probably not day 1

bjork

I pre-purchased Life is Strange on Steam for whatever the extra content is, so that.

If I happen to find myself in a store on Oct 27, I'll look for Mario. But if I don't get it day one, I'm okay with that. I'm not much of a day one guy any more.

kc44135

Did you win the lottery or something, OP? That list looks expensive, lol. Anyway, my list:

Sonic Mania.
Uncharted: Lost Legacy.
Super Mario Odeysee.
Evil Within 2.
Maybe Wolfenstein 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Sonic Mania and Windjammers.

There are others I'm really interested in, but they're timesinks that I can invest in until my backlog clears up a bit.

FelipeMGM

Day one no doubt retail buys

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Destiny 2
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Wolfesntein II: The New Colossus
Super Mario Odyssey

there are several digital games I will most likely play too, but most will get trought me for reviews

Top Bottom