• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Are Your Day 1, Must Buy Games for the Rest of 2017

Carbonox

Destiny 2
FIFA 18
Assassin's Creed Origins
Star Wars Battlefront II

These are locked in and will give me copious amount of hours through the rest of the year.

I am considering one of Middle-Earth and Gran Turismo Sport for extra diversity. Probably the latter because I haven't played a GT in a long time but the former is teasing me because I'm on a LotR binge right now.

Ooh I'm not sure myself. This will be a fun list to make, especially since I'm getting less games on day 1 these days, let's take a look!

August

- Nidhogg 2 - PS4
I really enjoyed the first one, it's a fun game to just put on with random friends that come over. Low price, and even lower pre-order price, ensures that it'll be a staple on my console.

- Sonic Mania - Switch
I have fond memories of Sonic, haven't played one in forever and that low price point is calling my name! Love the idea of having this game portable on my Switch too, can't wait.

- Everybody's Golf - PS4
Have been waiting for this since the last Hot Shots game on Vita! Plus, pre-ordered it from Amazon during Prime Day hi-jinks!

- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle - Switch
I wasn't one of these Rabbid-shaming losers that hated this game when it leaked and, as someone that has always championed this team-up, I'm excited to see the fruits of the partnership. This game is gonna be fun, and I've never played an X-Com, so this seems like a great place to jump into that kind of game. Curious about the local multiplayer offerings and if there will be anything to come back to after beating the campaign. This is the first release so far that I really cannot wait for!

September

- Pokken Tournament DX - Switch
Enjoyed it a lot on Wii U, in for the new characters and extra single player goodies.

October

- Super Mario Odyssey - Switch
Gonna be good.

November

- Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 - Switch (PS4 if performance/whatever is bad)
LMS 1 was my favorite Lego game, this looks like a great sequel.

Not as many games as I thought I would put down! Definitely gonna be some I forgot or some smaller games I can't find release dates for (Stardew Valley on Switch??), but I'm stoked for the rest of this year, definitely one of the best in my life.

Edit: maybe Star Wars Battlefront II, maybe Danganronpa V3, actually.

Edit 2: Just remembered Hidden Agenda and The Inpatient, which I THINK are both coming this year. Day 1 for sure.

sjay1994

I mean with Amazon deals making video games actually affordable, if I am interested in a game its more benificial to get it day 1.

Destiny 2
South Park
Hell blade

That's it. Everyone else has to earn my money. With good scores and word of mouth.
Looking at you evil within 2/ call of duty/battlefront 2/shadow of mordor 2 👀👀

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Divinity Original Sin 2
Absolver
Ys 7
XCOM 2 War of the Chosen
Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection
Wolfenstein 2
Evil Within 2

Likely buys unless they turn out to be complete stinkers:
South Park The Fracture But Whole
Elex

Celcius

°Temp. member
Sonic Mania already preordered
maaaaaaybe Marvel vs Capcom Infinity
maybe Gran Turismo Sport if I buy a ps4

jonathanp

Honestly, not looking forward to much:

MvC:I - Only because it's Mahvel.
Hellblade - Very curious about this one.
Sonic Mania - Looks to be so fun.

wreckml

Uncharted Lost Legacy, Mario+Rabbids, Yakuza Kiwami, Metroid Samus Returns, Evil Within 2, Wolfenstein 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Only two

• Madden 2018 (I buy it day one every year)
  • Dishonored 2 Billy Lurke Add-on/DLC (I think technically it's standalone)
Dishonored is really my favorite franchise right now, and I can't wait to play the game. It'll probably encourage me to replay Dishonored 2 again.

Everything else I could wait for. THough I'll probably also get Player Unknown Battlegrounds.

Triteon

The only definite purchases:

Yakuza Kiwami
Crackdown 3
Shadow of War
COD WW2
Cuphead
Mario Odyssey

There are a few more on the list that are likely purchases just not day one.

Oh and the SNES Mini

trialbygame

Neo Member
Since I haven't seen it on here yet:

West of Loathing, August 10th.

Other than that:

Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids
Divinity: OS 2
Destiny 2

Mario+Rabbids, Metroid: Samus Returns, Super Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for me. I don't think I'll have time for any others.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hellblade
Yakuza Kiwami
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Destiny 2
Metroid: Samus Returns
The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Possibly getting others as well but these are what I'm locked in for. Four of them are new installments in some of my all time favorite series. Amazing year.

Chief_Mitch

Hrmm... We have a good end of the year on the way! I just had to cut this list right down! :p

Destiny 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
Shadow of War
Call of Duty WW2
Star Wars Battlefront 2

Stantron

Marvel vs Capcom I
CoD WWII
Uncharted Lost Legacy
I love Destiny, but I don't think I have the time commitment for Destiny 2.

What an insane end of 2017 . i WILL GET THOSE GAMES :
-Sonic Mania
-Trails of cold steel ( PC )
-Uncharted Lost legacy
-Utawarerumono : Mak of truth
-Marvel vs capcom infinite
-Danganronpa V3
-Blue reflections
-Gundam Versus
-Gran turismo Sports
-NIght of Azure 2 : bride of the new moon
-Sonic forces
-Tokyo Xanadu ex+
-YS8 : lacrimossa of dana

Can we finally have days with 32 hours instead of 24 ? 24 are not enough.

brinstar

Sonic Mania, Pokken Tournament DX, maybe Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on Switch, Mario Odyssey, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Xenoblade 2

Edit: oh yeah Metroid and Skyrim on Switch

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I don't reward cramped fall release schedules with games I can't play. So I will buy them all at a discount on Black Friday or later. I still have games from LAST Black Friday I haven't even opened that I bought at 50% or less that are probably cheaper now. So no, I don't think I'll buy a single game at launch, day one, even with my GCU discount.

The Evil Within 2 is the only game I can remotely imagine playing near launch. I liked the first game a lot, and I bought it cheap. I loved it, so I don't want to buy the next game cheap..unless it reviews terribly.

Pepboy

I think my only day one purchase will be

Culdcept-Revolt.jpg

Culdcept Revolt

I really want to support this franchise, it's one of my favorites and I am so glad the West finally got another one.

Its a combination of Monopoly and a CCG, where instead of placing hotels, you place monsters. There's more to it, spells, monsters attacking neighbors, etc, but that's the gist.

Culdcept-Revolt-Trailer_06-07-17.jpg

OP, could you please add Culdcept Revolt for 3ds to release post? Oct 3 according to Amazon. Thank you!

dyergram

Probably destiny2 and mario but I will likely get caught up in the hype for some other things and pick them up as well.

Danganronpa V3
Etrian Odyssey 5

Maybe Mario Odyssey, don't have a Switch but if the game is good enough, I might bite.

Fou-Lu

Anything Xeno I would buy day 1, so Xenoblade 2. Then we have Super Mario Odyssey which should be a must for everyone. Finally Divinity Original Sin 2 will be one of the best games ever made and I refuse to sleep on it.

Games I might buy day one:
Tokyo Xanadu ex+
Ys VIII
Mario+Rabbids

valeu

PSVR (2017)
Paranormal Activity - Aug 15th
Sparc - Aug 29th
Lost Bear - Aug
Bloody Zombies - Sept 12th
End Space - Sept 19th
Monster of the Deep Final Fantasy - Sept
Raw Data - Sept
Doom VR - Q4
Moss Q4
Skrim VR - November
Grand Turismo Sport - Oct 17th
Assassin's Creed Origins - Oct 27

J_Viper

Yakuza Kiwami and Destiny 2 for me

Might go with Wolfenstein as well, just concerned about the length. If it's only a ten hour game, I can wait for a sale, especially since Beth games crumble in price anyway

Probably just The Evil Within 2. I'll definitely pick up Dishonored add-on and South Park although I'm not sure when.
Oh and I will definitely be playing the Horizon DLC day one. Can't wait for that

SirNinja

Destiny 2
Wolfenstein II
Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (assuming it actually makes 2017)

The last part of this year is looking good...

Edit: also Horizon ZD: The Frozen Wilds, if DLC counts.

Mario Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids. I'm still surprised I'm so interested in Rabbids, as I thought the leaked art looked absurd.

I'll wait for impressions/discounts on everything else.

DrJin

Neo Member
Already pre-ordered:
Uncharted TLL
Metroid: SR
Ys 8

Maybe:
Fifa18
Xenoblade
Mario+Rabbids
Battle Chasers

Top Bottom