• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2015 Edition -

Averon

Returning shows I'm watching:
Southpark
The Flash
Gotham
Haven
Homeland
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Supernatural
Sleepy Hollow
The Blacklist
The Walking Dead
Family Guy

New Shows I'll check out:
Supergirl
Quantico
The Player
Into the Badlands
Limitless
Blindspot
Wicked City

Great thread ratsky.

I'd list everything I plan on watching, but it would be a ridiculous post. Suffice it to say, by the time the CW shows come back in October I will be absolutely swamped.

Nothing stops this train lazy ambition lacking couch potato.

Joni

This should be enough for me.

Arrow
Ash vs Evil Dead
Blindspot
Castle
Criminal Minds
Fargo
Grey's Anatomy
Heroes: Reborn
How to Get Away with Murder
iZombie
Limitless
Man in the High Castle
Marvel's Jessica Jones
Quantico
Reign
Supergirl
Supernatural
The Big Bang Theory
The Flash
The Librarians
The Originals
The Simpsons
The Vampire Diaries
The Walking Dead

Course, there will be some mid-season shows added to this:

Containment
Marvel's Agent Carter
Legends of Tomorrow
The 100

Walpurgis

Banned
Definitely
Fargo
The Good Wife
The Flash
The Walking Dead
Marvel's Jessica Jones
Supergirl
With Bob and David
F is for Family
The 100

If it doesn't suck
Bastard Executioner
Beasts of No Nation
The Last Kingdom
Into the Badlands
And Then There Were None
The Last Panthers
Limitless (didn't know there was a TV series for this - I hope the MC gets involved in crime)

LOL
Quantico - I was scrolling past a bunch of shitty looking procedurals then a woman with a hijab caught my eye. This is something that I've never seen on TV before.
A diverse group of recruits has arrived at the FBI Quantico Base for training. They are the best, the brightest and the most vetted, so it seems impossible that one of them is suspected of masterminding the biggest attack on New York City since 9/11.
Just lol.

Decado

Really hoping these are great:

The Bastard Executioner
The Last Kingdom
Into the Badlands

More great historical epics and action shows pls.

Strike

Drunk History
You're the Worst
South Park
Gotham
The Muppets
Family Guy
The Last Man on Earth
Vice
The Flash
Arrow
Haven
The Walking Dead
Supergirl (Probably check out the first episode)
Black Jesus
Mr. Pickles
Robot Chicken

Siegcram

Returning:
  • The Flash
  • Arrow (maybe)
  • iZombie
  • Fargo
  • The Knick

Will watch:
  • Beasts of no Nation (SO HYPED!)
  • The Ascent of Woman
  • Moonbeam City
  • Jessica Jones

Will check out:
  • Jimi Hendrix: Electric Church
  • Limitless
  • The Grinder
  • Man in the High Castle

Thread's list is comprehensive and appreciated as always.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I want to say "I'll try everything at least once", which is what I normally try to do, but I actually think that we're pretty close to that being actually impossible to do; we're coming up close to an average of one newly premiering show a day during this period.

Sober

I want to say "I'll try everything at least once", which is what I normally try to do, but I actually think that we're pretty close to that being actually impossible to do; we're coming up close to an average of one newly premiering show a day during this period.

There are a few shows I just dropped out of nowhere. Like I should really go back to them and I don't have any problems with picking it back up even after a long hiatus, I just haven't gotten around to them. There really is just too much TV.

Also none of us are Ratsky.

danielcw

Season 2 of Star Wars Rebels starts on the 14th of October, so you might want to add that to the OP.

But the first 2 episodes, "The Siege Of Lothal" two-parter, have already been shown in July. Not sure how that counts for the purpose of the thread. Disney seems to treat it as a movie event between seasons.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
As always, well done with the thread!

Definites:
The Affair
Black-ish
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
Fargo
Fresh Off the Boat
The Knick
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
The League
The Leftovers
Man in the High Castle
Manhattan
The Muppets
The Returned
Transparent
With Bob and David
You're The Worst

Will sample, barring awful reviews:
Childhood's End
The Expanse
Flesh and Bone (if it sounds worth subscribing for)
Into the Badlands
Master of None

And maybe I'll hate-watch Homeland again. Or maybe I'll be strong and avoid it.

Also, definitely watching Fukunaga's new film, Beasts of No Nation.

Maybe, just maybe we'll be lucky enough for The Venture Bros to return before year's end...

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
These new shows at least, and a few others I'll wait for review before I watch.

The Bastard Executioner
Blindspot
The Player
The Last Kingdom
Beasts of No Nation
Ash vs Evil Dead
Into the Badlands
Childhood's End
The Expanse
River
The Last Panthers

Will watch:

South Park - YAYYY
Doctor Who
Gotham
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Flash
Arrow
Supernatural
The Walking Dead
Fargo
Supergirl
Ash vs. Evil Dead

Will check out:

Minority Report
The Muppets
Heroes: Reborn - This is mostly morbid curiousity

Hmmmm, TV fall season, how much i have missed thee.

berzeli

Banned
Thanks as always for the great work on the thread Ratsky!

Will watch:
This Is England '90
Doctor Who
Fargo
Beasts of No Nation
Please Like Me
Ash vs Evil Dead
Flesh and Bone
London Spy
Luther
The Last Panthers
Les Revenants (The Returned)

Will catch-up on later:
Doll & Em
The Muppets (depending on how well it is received)
The Last Kingdom (depending on how well it is received)
The Knick
Wicked City (depending on how well it is received)
Man in the High Castle (depending on how well it is received)
Transparent
And Then There Were None (depending on how well it is received)
Versailles (depending on how well it is received)

Might hatewatch when it makes its way over here because jesus fuck it looks awful wtf are you doing Norway:
Okkupert

The damage is a lot less severe than I thought, so I must be missing something. Oh well.
edit: Huh, I just realised I had London Spy, The Last Panthers, This Is England '90, and Please Like Me on my summer TV list.

Pachimari

Do we have premiere dates for the new shows?

My watchlist:

Returning
The Flash
Arrow
Agents of Shield
Gotham
Fargo
Fresh off the Boat
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals

New
Beasts of No Nation
Into the Badlands
Jessica Jones
Legends of Tomorrow
Ash Vs. Evil Dead
Supergirl
Lucifer
Blindspot
Minority Report
Containment
Quantico
Guardians of the Galaxy

Screw this, I'm probably gonna watch everything.

Busty

Banned
A great OP Ratsky. It's clear that you've put time and effort into it.

Though this year's crop of new network shows aren't exactly blowing my skirt up I find myself strangely excited for NBC's Blindspot.

I was a big fan of Cinemax/Sky's Strike Back and I'd love to see Sullivan Stapleton score himself a big hit.

Of course, like most of these 'concept' shows on broadcast, the question is can the format sustain itself over twenty (?) plus episodes a season or will it's big flashy idea run out of steam by episode two like....., oh I don't know every high concept show since Lost, The Event I'm definitely looking at you.

Leependi

What's up with The Great British Bake Off being renamed to The Great British Baking Show for America?

Anyway,

Returning
South Park
Doctor Who
Gotham
Modern Family
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
Homeland
The Flash
Arrow
Supernatural
The Walking Dead
Fargo
Luther

New
Supergirl
Jessica Jones
Will wait on early reviews for a lot of the other things.

maxcriden

Blindspot - looks fun/generic, but Martin Gero (LA Complex creator/showrunner) scripting makes this my dark horse quality TV pick.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - Looks fun. Hoping it can hit and maintain a good quality level.

Scream Queens - I don't want to get roped back in to another Glee mess. But it looks like stupid fun. :/

Truth Be Told - �� trash tier. Trailer looked abhorrent.

Hoping Minority Report, Limitless, Quantico and The Player offer some good genre fare. Concerned they will be overly procedural, but we'll see.

All the network comedies look unfunny to me from what I've seen. Life in Pieces looks like a pretentious Modern Family (which I don't care for either) and The Grinder just looked...super dumb.

Do we have premiere dates for the new shows?

they're all in the OP :)

p.s. you're watching Mr. Robot, right? I think it would be right up your alley.

Kalor

There's not a lot of shows I want to watch this fall but theres a couple.

Returning

Fargo
Luther

New

Minority Report
Jessica Jones
Beasts of No Nation

Doctor Who
The Flash
arrow
Brooklyn 99
Last Man on Earth
Manhattan
Agents of shield
Supergirl
AKA Jessica Jones
Muppets
Maybe Gotham
Dunno about any other new shows yet

I'm thinking Truth Be Told, but we'll see. Might be my own opinion of the trailer coloring my speculation of its cancellation prospects, but I think the title won't do it any favors.

Yeah I think that's on the short list. I'd stick Angel from Hell and Rosewood on that list as well, along with Minority Report. FOX keeps trying sci-fi and keeps cancelling them. Maybe MR will get at least one season like Almost Human did, but if it falters out of the gate I could see them yanking it.

I also think Quantico has an outside shout at being a bomba (no pun intended).

Troy

Banned
You're the Worst is probably the only show I'll watch as it airs. Any other show I might be interested in I'll watch on a streaming service next year. I mainly watch live Sports and Netflix/Hulu now.

maxcriden

Yeah I think that's on the short list. I'd stick Angel from Hell and Rosewood on that list as well, along with Minority Report. FOX keeps trying sci-fi and keeps cancelling them. Maybe MR will get at least one season like Almost Human did, but if it falters out of the gate I could see them yanking it.

I also think Quantico has an outside shout at being a bomba (no pun intended).

See, I think Rosewood is in trouble just with the name. Whereas Minority Report has some solid name recognition. More than Limitless does, probably. Limitless has too generic of a title to stick in the viewer's memories. I'm actually equally concerned about The Player as I'd be with Quantico. The latter has a generic title but the former has an odd high concept *and* a semi-multicultural cast, which doesn't usually equal success unfortunately. Plus, the series creator has this resume:

The Player (TV Series) (creator) (pre-production)
The Librarians (TV Series) (developed by - 20 episodes, 2014 - 2016) (written by - 5 episodes, 2014 - 2015)

Leverage (TV Series) (59 episodes, 2008 - 2012) (written by - 17 episodes, 2008 - 2012) (story - 1 episode, 2008) (teleplay - 1 episode, 2008)

2007 Transformers (story)

2006 Eureka (TV Series) (teleplay - 1 episode)

2005 Global Frequency (TV Movie)

2004 Catwoman (screenplay)

2003 The Core (written by)

2002 Red Skies (TV Movie) (written by)

2001 American Outlaws (screenplay)

Jackie Chan Adventures (TV Series) (writer - 2 episodes, 2000) (developer - 1 episode, 2001)

- Day of the Dragon (2001) ... (creator)

- Shell Game (2000) ... (writer)

- The Dark Hand (2000) ... (writer)

- Cosby Show

Which doesn't give me the strongest feelings as to quality. Maybe this will be a hit for him, though. I did like The Core pretty well.

Angel from Hell has a bizarre title and premise and seems destined to be super one-note. We'll see. The trailer I think was plenty for me.

bigkrev

Returning:
The Flash

Will try at least 1 episode:
Minority Report
The Muppets
Blindspot
Scream Queens
Ash vs the Evil Dead
Into the Badlands

Streaming stuff:
Man in the High Castle

Just wanted to say thanks for the thread, I look forward to these every year to read about what new shows are coming that I might be interested in!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I see everyone making lists and I'm afraid to see how long mine would be.

Does anyone else use http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/ to keep track of all of their shows? I know there's a TV-GAFer that uses it because I got it from their profile but I can't remember who.

I think there is some potential out there and a lot of duds. TV executives are still going through some growing pains as pop culture becomes more fragmented and as cable cord cutters grow older and start becoming umbilical cord cutters.

ivysaur12

Banned
David Krumholtz stars as Gigi, a 76-year old yenta who lost her beloved husband Harold, but gained a new lease on life thanks to the secret bank account he left her. Armed with millions of dollars and a mile-long bucket list, Gigi is determined to live life to the fullest, and is bringing her trusty male nurse sidekick along for the ride.

wat.

Great thread, per usual!

Returning
The Flash
Arrow
Gotham
The Blacklist
South Park
Doctor Who
The Walking Dead(The bastards keep dragging me back in)
The Knick

Will Watch
The Muppets
On Two Fronts: Latinos & Vietnam
Into the Badlands
Beasts of No Nation
Ash vs Evil Dead
Supergirl

Might Watch
Blindspot
Scream Queens
Limitless
The Bastard Executioner
Master of None

Most Interested in
Manhattan
Now, season 1 was an interesting surprise from WGN, which others should check out. Hopefully they trimmed the fat from the show, and reworked some of the characters and drama, then the show could be something special. I can't wait for season 2!

Platy

Doctor Who
Muppets
Gotham
Muppets
Shield
Muppets
Flash
Muppets
Arrow
Muppets
Jessica Jones

Maaaaybe Ash vs Evil Dead, Supergirl, Into the Badlands and London Spy.

Also Muppets

Wow that was the longest first post I've ever seen! But very informative, thank you.

I'm looking forward to watching another season of:
*South Park.
*Bobs Burgers.
*Family guy.
*The Leftovers.
*Supernatural
*American Horror Story.
*The Vampire Diaries.
*The Originals.
*The Walking Dead.
*Talking Dead.
*Fargo.
*Transparent.

So many weird channels these days.

I'll likely watch Scream Queens and Blind Spot, the latter of which is mostly because the chick is hot. I don't expect it to be that good.

I'll continue watching Supernatural, The Leftovers, American Horror Story and TWD, and hopefully catch up to Fargo if I can ever find a marathon. I don't know why I continue to watch American Horror Story, since it seems the only good/watchable season was the first, which was great, but I do.

Returning
South Park
Fresh Off the Boat
Survivor
How to Get Away with Murder
Bob's Burgers
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The Last Man on Earth
The Blacklist
American Horror Story: Hotel
Jane the Virgin
Fargo

New (to try)
Blindspot
Scream Queens
Angie Tribeca
The Grinder

Hatewatch
CSI: Cyber
Scandal

Will probably be watching more eventually once their seasons are over, but these are what I'll be keeping up with live.

L1NETT

Top work as always Ratsky

Some good stuff this Autumn. No big hitters, but that only means more room for new shows to make their mark.

Stuff I'll check out;

This Is England '90
River (heard some good things about this)
London Spy
The Last Panthers (again heard promising things)
Trapped (Icelandic Drama but no word on when BBC 4 will air it)
The Last Kingdom (worried it will be the Beeb chasing the Game of Thrones dollar when they should be looking to replicate Rome not GoT).
Boy Meets Girl
The Bridge Series 3

Would add (unsure on when it'll air, if at all in 2015)

Follow The Money (from DR, Danish channel behind 1864 and The Killing) (BBC FOUR)

When a dead body is found in the sea near a wind farm off the coast of Denmark, Mads, the police detective assigned to the investigation, refuses to believe that it is just an accident. The deeper he digs, the more suspicious he becomes of quickly expanding energy company Energen and is drawn into a morass of financial and legal shady dealings...

Follow The Money stars Thomas Bo Larson (Mads), Natalie Madueño Wolfsberg (Claudia), Esben Smed (Nicky) and Nikolaj Lie Kaas (Alexander).

I forgot about Survivor. That's one I've been really looking forward to, because I just got back into watching the series last season.

I'll likely watch The Amazing Race, too.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Amazon's new series starring Ron Perlman, 'Hand of God', is getting pretty awful reviews:

Variety said:
...a thoroughly ill-conceived and unpleasant series.

Roger Ebert .com said:
It looks good, but sadly, that polished exterior hides a filthy, vile interior. “Hand of God” is one the ugliest shows I’ve seen since the television nadir of “Stalker” on CBS, populated with unlikable characters and a tone that downright mocks tragedy, grief, crime and religion.

Entertainment Weekly said:
Hand of God is a confounding, sometimes infuriating, and poorly focused drama, but it’s too interesting to dismiss out of hand.

Top Bottom