• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

The Outer Worlds.

Pretty fun little Fallout clone, dialogue and some of the stories really shine. Runs awesome on my PC and I'm streaming it to Deck using Sunshine/Moonlight when I don't feel like sitting in my office.

The Outer Worlds is the new Bioshock Infinite. Everyone says it's mediocre and overrated, but I thought it was excellent. Surely not as groundbreaking or large in scope as a mainline Fallout game, but still felt like one. The small, focused size and narrative, as well as the gunplay were the game's greatest strengths.

Still FFXVI.

Like 50 hours into the game it's like someone came into the office one day and was like
"hey, what if we make the reminding side quests not be shit"
And the whole team was like

I get why they saved the best sidequests for last, the payoff was great. But it doesn't make up for all the trash sidequests early on, how they dump them on you in between big story beats. And worst of all, they are all still some variation of "run here and talk to this person, then run back" and "kill this mob". Very MMO-like in a bad way, that I don't want from a mainline single player FF game.

Still working through Metroid Prime Remastered. I've nearly ragequit twice from dying and losing progress but I'm committed to beating it before Sea of Stars releases.

Good luck and enjoy. Sea of Stars will still be there when you are ready, so chill out and have fun on Tallon IV. A game like Metroid Prime comes around but once in a long time. Don't rush it.

sedg87

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Beat the game with Ven and now I'm going through as Aqua.

Silent Hill 2
Found myself in a prison, escaped that and now I'm in some sort of weird maze. Bumped into a familiar face and stumbled into Pyramid Head's lair. Woops.

Finished Live a Live which was great. Now that is a JRPG. One of the best I've played in years.

Games I have lined up: Demons of Asteborg, Embers of Mirrim, Gal Guardians, Ghost Song, Immortals of Aveum.

I started Demons of Asteborg and I love the gameplay, but it has something I absolutely LOATHE in games. Number of lives that if you die enough you get game over and have to start all over. Can't knock the game too much because it's an old game, but man, playing a game in 2023 where you sink an hour+ into something, die and lose everything and have to start over from the beginning. Nah, sorry. My time is too valuable for that.

Think I'll be doing Ghost Song next.
I've been watching Ghost Song ever since I saw its embryo pop up here on NeoGAF. Hope you'll enjoy it!

HercRaato

Been playing Dungeon of Naheulbeuk. It's a strategy RPG very much like XCOM but with spells,swords and bows.
The writing is ok, nothing Pulitzer prize winning. But it's a fun little $20 game

reektann

Played through Somerville on Gamepass and really liked it. A couple of the set pieces were superb and the entire experience was very cinematic.

Playing Under the Waves now on PS5. Cool tone so far with some really great music - the testing on PS5 is crazy though. I’m looking past that as the voice acting and the rest is so good. Normally I would wait for a patch, but Starfield.

Makes me wonder how any of the developers didn’t see the constant tearing - it just needs vsync enabled then it’ll be fine, as it’s a slow paced game anyway.

Last edited:

Camreezie

Finally getting round to Cyberpunk 2077 and i dumped about 20 hours into it over the long weekend. Hilarious how frequent there are still glitches 3 years after launch. World, characters and lore are all ace but gotta admit the gunplay and combat leaves a lot to be desired. Has CDPR ever made a game with combat that doesnt suck ass?

Super Mario Advance on my recently acquired Boxy Pixel Game Boy Advance SP Unhinged! Best Game Boy Advance in existence pretty much. Dat screen has to be seen to be believed, so bright and crisp! And it's just so fun to take with me to places and showing it to friends and playing it...having one cart in the system at a time allows me to really focus on the experience of the game I'm playing without as much distractions....modern systems broke me with home buttons and access to much more games. Usually if I got stuck in a game I'd switch to a different game on a modern system but on this GBA? Nope! With the singular game at a time experience, it's either keep trying until you succeed or shut it off, and more often than not I'd keep trying until I succeed, and I've gotten past a many difficult levels with that approach! So thank you Boxy Pixel Game Boy Advance SP Unhinged!

lmimmfn

Baldurs Gate 3, I havnt played such a great game since Dragon Age: Origin, I never played BG1 or 2, but Baldurs Gate 3 for me is not only GOTY but game of the decade(so far at least, not finished).

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Played through Somerville on Gamepass and really liked it. A couple of the set pieces were superb and the entire experience was very cinematic.

Playing Under the Waves now on PS5. Cool tone so far with some really great music - the testing on PS5 is crazy though. I’m looking past that as the voice acting and the rest is so good. Normally I would wait for a patch, but Starfield.

Makes me wonder how any of the developers didn’t see the constant tearing - it just needs vsync enabled then it’ll be fine, as it’s a slow paced game anyway.
I put Under the Waves on my wishlist yesterday. Looks interesting.

Still chipping away at Folklore, Lords of Shadow, Splatterhouse, Deadly Premonition, all PS3.

I've been on a VR kick the past few nights. Some Arizona Sunshine coop and then a bit of Red Matter 2 cause that game is effing dope to just walk around and get absorbed into the world. Zone of the Enders 2 on PSVR as well. That game has a brutal opening. Kind of hard to watch with a 120" virtual screen strapped to your face 🤣😅. That game is dope in VR though, super fluid, game looks great.

Shifty1897

Good luck and enjoy. Sea of Stars will still be there when you are ready, so chill out and have fun on Tallon IV. A game like Metroid Prime comes around but once in a long time. Don't rush it.
I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm almost to the end of Metroid Prime Remastered, and I feel nothing. I feel nothing while playing this game. It is the technically competitent yet soulless game ever. The controls and combat are good, the puzzles are well designed, but I do not care about the next upgrade I just got. I do not care about how many missiles or energy tanks I have. I just want to be done with it but I refuse to walk away from a game that I paid $40 for at this point.

I'm also playing Valkyrie Elysium and am enjoying the combat and progression way more. I got giddy when I unlocked a spear with crowd control attacks. I started saving up my gems so I could upgrade it into my alternate women once it was powerful enough. I went into the training mode and practiced some combos.

I don't know what is wrong with me.

I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm almost to the end of Metroid Prime Remastered, and I feel nothing. I feel nothing while playing this game. It is the technically competitent yet soulless game ever. The controls and combat are good, the puzzles are well designed, but I do not care about the next upgrade I just got. I do not care about how many missiles or energy tanks I have. I just want to be done with it but I refuse to walk away from a game that I paid $40 for at this point.

I'm also playing Valkyrie Elysium and am enjoying the combat and progression way more. I got giddy when I unlocked a spear with crowd control attacks. I started saving up my gems so I could upgrade it into my alternate women once it was powerful enough. I went into the training mode and practiced some combos.

I don't know what is wrong with me.

I guess if you really don’t like Metroidvanias… but I can’t understand it. Metroid Prime is in my top 10 GOAT games.

Shifty1897

I guess if you really don’t like Metroidvanias… but I can’t understand it. Metroid Prime is in my top 10 GOAT games.
I love the 2D games, maybe I just have some weird hangup with the translation to 3D. Either way, it was a glaring omission in my back catalog and I'm happy to have completed it.

Majormaxxx

Still chipping away at Folklore, Lords of Shadow, Splatterhouse, Deadly Premonition, all PS3.

I've been on a VR kick the past few nights. Some Arizona Sunshine coop and then a bit of Red Matter 2 cause that game is effing dope to just walk around and get absorbed into the world. Zone of the Enders 2 on PSVR as well. That game has a brutal opening. Kind of hard to watch with a 120" virtual screen strapped to your face 🤣😅. That game is dope in VR though, super fluid, game looks great.
Lords of shadow is gorgeous. A few tough battles though.

Lords of shadow is gorgeous. A few tough battles though.
It really is gorgeous. I sold my physical PS3 copy years ago and then was playing it via PS+ streaming and that made me want to get another physical copy so I could experience the game in all its glory. It's funny because Amazon still has brand new copies for like $20. So basically I've played through like 30% of the game twice now and got kinda of burnt out. I'll be back to it before long, Fall is coming and when it gets cold I game even more than I normally do.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
9 hours and 30 mins into Sea of Stars

Now that I got to spend more time with the game, I gotta to say this game is fantastic. I'm interested in getting the true ending but I do know I have to beat the game once first. I think I'm halfway through the game. The music isn't that memorable but the rest of the game is highly polished and fantastic. Also for some reason I got a Golden Sun vibe from playing the game sometimes.

Let's just say I prefer this game to Chained Echoes. I found Chained Echoes to be boring all throughout

Last edited:

engstra

Finished Metroid Prime Remastered yesterday. Absolutely loved it. Happy to have finally gotten the chance to play the game, it for the most part lived up to the hype.

Think I'm going to try Chicory as I noticed it's being removed from PS+ next month. I'm going away on holiday for the next 2 weeks so will have limited time to complete.

I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm almost to the end of Metroid Prime Remastered, and I feel nothing. I feel nothing while playing this game. It is the technically competent yet soulless game ever.
I’m guessing you didn’t play it on GameCube?

I think I completed it on GameCube, but I honestly can’t remember. I’m pretty sure I did, since I remember considering playing the sequel.

Maybe that is a testament to how unimpressive the game was. I certainly have no desire to play it again.

Shifty1897

I’m guessing you didn’t play it on GameCube?

I think I completed it on GameCube, but I honestly can’t remember. I’m pretty sure I did, since I remember considering playing the sequel.

Maybe that is a testament to how unimpressive the game was. I certainly have no desire to play it again.
I had it on GameCube but never beat it, I was notorious in my younger years for never completing games.

Mr Hyde

Fought the coolest boss so far in Blasphemous 2. Very challenging and very fun to fight. Loved every second of it. I probably could have died just a couple of more times just to be able to square off again. Good shit.

IAmRei

i got three inbound, FF16 for weekend like episodic series, Wildland for short fun in my laptop in between worktime breaks. for long journey, i choose ToTK.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Finished Crown of the Ivory King in Dark Souls 2 Seeker of Fire. This mod is very good. I'm most impressed with the subtle changes in level design and environments, improving on it and making the levels appear more interconnected with clever shortcuts. Changes have been made to the environments too, making it more consistent. For example, now the mountain behind the windmill in Harvest Valley is way larger and taller, which makes going up to the Old Iron Keep much more believable.

Farming materials have been alleviated, and you can now buy Infinite twinkling titanite, making farming a non issue. The best change however is the farming of Loyce Souls for the Loyce Armor set. I always go for this in a new playthrough because I think the armor is so cool, but the farming of 50 loyce Souls is so fucking time consuming. But in Seeker of Fire, you get the Souls in a pack of 10. I grabbed the armor and killed the Ivory King in just two attempt. A real time saver.

Enemy placement is better and less frustrating, and now enemies from the DLCs are in the base game and vice versa, making the expansions feel more organic. It's a small detail but adds much to the overall package. There are a lot more changes, but almost all of them have been for the better. I never really had any issues with Scholar of the First Sin, but playing Seeker of Fire makes me realize how flawed the game was, and how small adjustments really shows what a fantastic game it could have been from start, had the development not been so troubled and From Software had more time to cook it.

Laieon

Still working on TOTK and my 2nd playthrough of Diablo 4.

My goal is to finally finish TOTK over the long weekend, because I'm around the 50-60 hour mark and just going through shrines, and like in BOTW I think I stopped having fun doing that about 10 hours ago.

Last edited:
Finished Crown of the Ivory King in Dark Souls 2 Seeker of Fire. This mod is very good. I'm most impressed with the subtle changes in level design and environments, improving on it and making the levels appear more interconnected with clever shortcuts. Changes have been made to the environments too, making it more consistent. For example, now the mountain behind the windmill in Harvest Valley is way larger and taller, which makes going up to the Old Iron Keep much more believable.

Farming materials have been alleviated, and you can now buy Infinite twinkling titanite, making farming a non issue. The best change however is the farming of Loyce Souls for the Loyce Armor set. I always go for this in a new playthrough because I think the armor is so cool, but the farming of 50 loyce Souls is so fucking time consuming. But in Seeker of Fire, you get the Souls in a pack of 10. I grabbed the armor and killed the Ivory King in just two attempt. A real time saver.

Enemy placement is better and less frustrating, and now enemies from the DLCs are in the base game and vice versa, making the expansions feel more organic. It's a small detail but adds much to the overall package. There are a lot more changes, but almost all of them have been for the better. I never really had any issues with Scholar of the First Sin, but playing Seeker of Fire makes me realize how flawed the game was, and how small adjustments really shows what a fantastic game it could have been from start, had the development not been so troubled and From Software had more time to cook it.
I love the changes to the Frigid Outskirts in that expansion. White out conditions and getting hit and run by lightning reindeer was not fun in the original. Granted, the visibility issue could be mitigated by Numbness spell, but it is a major improvement none the less.

Thief1987

Fought the coolest boss so far in Blasphemous 2. Very challenging and very fun to fight. Loved every second of it. I probably could have died just a couple of more times just to be able to square off again. Good shit.
Eviterno? Good boss fight but forcing you to watch cutscenes every time was a shitty gamedesign.

Mr Hyde

Eviterno? Good boss fight but forcing you to watch cutscenes every time was a shitty gamedesign.

I forgot her name but you fought her on two platforms and you could zip between screens to avoid her magic she throws at you. No cutscenes before hand so probably not the one you mentioned.

Mr Hyde

I love the changes to the Frigid Outskirts in that expansion. White out conditions and getting hit and run by lightning reindeer was not fun in the original. Granted, the visibility issue could be mitigated by Numbness spell, but it is a major improvement none the less.

Frigid Outskirts was a major improvement. But it also became way too easy. The reindeers being gone was good but the snow storm and lack of visibility should've stayed the same as the base game, imo. Maybe throw in a couple of more enemies too, the area was pretty barren.

Kupfer

NR5zSUg.jpg

Fallout New Vegas for the first time.
I'm playing it on the Deck and I'm glad I gave the franchise another chance after the, at least for me, disappointing Fallout 4, which I didn't even finish.
New Vegas is clearly superior to 4.
Unfortunately, I think I will soon have completed the campaign. I'm level 25 and have played for like 30 hours.
But I still have the 4 DLC missions.
Without getting spoiled on content; are they good and extensive? Do they expand the map?

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Man, thought about finishing Outer Worlds before Starfield but this game sucks, for real. It's boring, by the numbers, soulless. I have no idea what Im doing or what the story is about. Reached lvl 20 and did Monarch but I really think about dropping this turd. If Avowed is gonna be like this other then the setting. Yeah, thats gonna be no from me dawg.

Frigid Outskirts was a major improvement. But it also became way too easy. The reindeers being gone was good but the snow storm and lack of visibility should've stayed the same as the base game, imo. Maybe throw in a couple of more enemies too, the area was pretty barren.
It was plenty easy before. Summon everyone, heal at the Pharros fountain, use warmth pyromancy at shelter areas, and gank twin bosses. The dificulty was navigating the area during whiteout. It made the initial journey a game of red light, green light. After learning the area, a beeline could be made for the shelters even during whiteout. Also, the mod added some dragons to the area.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Finished Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse on SNES. This was a fun revisit. Much harder than I remember it being. Or maybe I just suck ass, lol. It's a nice little adventure and I like 2D Disney platformers. They were quite solid in the 16 and 32-bit era, after that it went to shit.

VR has wrapped around my face like an Alien face hugger once more. Currently playing Hubris and this game is just hitting the spot all day.

Still gotta finish some PS3 titles but man, when VR hits it's hard to play anything else and it's nice cause most games are like 5-8 hours long. Perfect for those with limited gaming time. 🙌

Finished Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse on SNES. This was a fun revisit. Much harder than I remember it being. Or maybe I just suck ass, lol. It's a nice little adventure and I like 2D Disney platformers. They were quite solid in the 16 and 32-bit era, after that it went to shit.
Man, that game is soooooo good. I love the costume change animation, it was kind of.mind blowing back then. I played that game alot as a kid with my older brothers. Capcom were absolute beasts with their licensed games back then.

Playing Halls of Torment as I don't want to start anything big before Starfield.

It's really good if you enjoy the Vampire Survivors type horde game. You have to aim (at least until you get OP) so a bit more involved than Vampire Survivors and you have gear which is good for variety. Nowhere near the content that Vampire Survivors has but it's getting updated all the time.

Thief1987

I forgot her name but you fought her on two platforms and you could zip between screens to avoid her magic she throws at you. No cutscenes before hand so probably not the one you mentioned.
Oh, you are still early. Eviterno will be right before the final boss. The most challenging fight in the game, and it's spoiled by unskippable cutscenes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom