• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

drganon

After 100 plus hours, finally beat tears of the kingdom. Also got the platinum for slipstream and beat the first couple of stages in quake 2.

Last edited:

Fess

Starfield - It’s not the game I thought it would be but it’s something else and I absolutely love it and can’t stop playing, I’ve had to set an alarm to remind myself to go to sleep. 77 hours played so far, still have so much left to do. Will do a NG+ run and make different choices in certain quests.

TSbhRE8.jpg

My Space Quest Roger Wilco character
9T7Uy25.jpg

The poor lady who has to carry all his loot
dHS3M15.jpg

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I finished Alan Wake Remastered (PS4) recently

Good game but man does it have its flaws lol

I bought Resident Evil 4 Remake off a Steam Sale. Played a little of it. Got past the first area with the Chainsaw Man with a Knapsack on his head. So far it's enjoyable.

Last edited:

Fess

Finished Starfield! 🚀
Timer said 81 hours. Tried some NG+ but decided to start fresh with a new character and new plan instead. I understand some complaints but it’s still a 9/10 for me. Playing on PC, Steam.

Needs some updates though! For a mature/18 rated game it’s extremely tame when it comes to character design and clothes and general body variety, all the characters are samey and boring. And it needs smaller towns/settlements/villages on the planets, should do that through procedural generation.

Dazraell

Continuing progress on Final Fantasy XVI, I've clocked about 40 hours so far. I'm also playing Black Ops 1 on the side. Mostly wanted to remember the campaign as I'm planning to play Cold War after finishing it

Nothing at the moment. Struggling to find the energy. Probably going to uninstall a bunch of games so I can focus on a couple titles. Probably get rid of Starfield and come back to it another time. I wasn't really feeling it. I'll keep Baldur's Gate 3 and Armored Core installed.

on Switch only have Tears of the Kingdom installed.

Last edited by a moderator:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Without getting into spoilers, certain enemies or parts of the environment have this effect that not only depletes your heart like regular, but also makes it so you can't heal with regular items, but instead you need special recipe items.

Well I'm skipping this game for sure

These new Zelda games are much tougher nowadays lol

Dev1lXYZ

Starfield on XSX, Sea of Stars on Steam Deck, and Armored Core 6 on PS5 AND Steam Deck.
SF6 PS5 squeezed in between. 😂

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Currently working through my physical copy of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze whenever my lad is using his Switch.

Playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps. 3 hours in. Can't say anything that hasn't been said, but wow.

Playing the odd game of Rocket League, Tetris 99 and F-Zero 99.

Next up, get back in to Metroid Prime (only played the first hour). I've pre-ordered Hogwarts Legacy on Switch so I'll be on that in November.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Diablo 4: Been playing since the end of June. Finally at Act 6. I think I’m going to skip the side missions I have remaining and just finish this thing.

I’ll likely keep it installed and make it my side game, going back to the Mage I started with before trying the Season stuff with Druid.

Looking forward to finally focusing on some other games.

Last edited:

Fess

Still starfield 50h in. I love every second in it. When I not play I think about it.

48apcD2.png

vI9meFX.png

OiqmJ8n.png
Yeah it has completely taken over my gaming hobby. Thought I would fall out of it after seeing the credits roll but I’m on my second run now, doing a completely different character, different quests, and loving the game loop yet again.

BlueAlpaca

Just finished my third* play through of Bloodborne. Wanted to do the chalice dungeons this time but changed my mind.

*technically fourth as there was a 'speed' run after I forgot to eat the umbilical cords before the final boss in my second play through and it pissed my off as it was a threaded cane play through and felt it was incomplete so went in for a ng+ just to beat the moon presence with the cane.

Starting Resident Evil 4 original and holy fuck it's bad. I feel like I'm moving and shooting in quicksand - garbage camera, garbage movement, and garbage shooting. I specifically played this to compare it to the remake I finished months ago; I remember thinking the original was better as it has less side quests and bloat but guess I was wrong. I'm already dying early in the game, not looking forward to the tough castle sections.

Last edited:

Rippa

After getting platinum in Blasphemous 2, I got the itch to replay the original Blasphemous and ended up getting platinum.

Now I’m waiting for GameFly to send me Lies of P.

Misterhbk

Currently playing Game of the Year BG3.

Absolutely blown away in my time with it so far. The characters, the voice acting, and even the combat is just too good!

Still in Act 1 after saving . Gonna back track a little and see how those events play out before coming back to clear out the rest of the camp.

Last edited:

Kindela

Banned
Played Elex 2 for 20ish hours.
Enjoyed it from the start quite a lot, which was expected since I really liked the first one. But once I checked all the corners of the map I was kind of done. It's really similar to the first one, too much even. And while it improves on most things, I don't have the patience for it right now. The characters, story and quests are too bland to keep me going, and the exploration, even though still very fun, is just more of the same. Still a 3/5 game, would most likely finish it in some other period of my life.

Playing now Fenyx rising for 9 hours. Very strong start. Excellent traversal, light hearted, beautiful world design (reminds me of Elden Ring a lot) and enjoyable combat. The vaults are not my thing so far. All other parts of the game are more fun than this, but seems like they're quite a big focus. Also annoyed that I can't glide for longer. Like I get they want us to level up and chase the numbers all the time, but the world is huge and I would really like if I could yeet myself from the hub area tower and just glide through half the map.
I definitely won't be finishing this, since I can tell it'd take me like 40 hours at least, and there's no way it's going to be interesting for so long. It's going to be a 3/5 most likely. There's stuff to like, it's really competent, but it's a bit too big and stuff like enemy variety is really lacking.

I need to play something linear after this...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Played a little bit of Splatoon 3 this morning. I think I'll probably go back to MW2 until the next splatfest.
I'm mainly just killing time for now until Fate Samurai/Remnant comes out at the end of the month.

twilo99

Gold Member
Played a little bit of Splatoon 3 this morning. I think I'll probably go back to MW2 until the next splatfest.
I'm mainly just killing time for now until Fate Samurai/Remnant comes out at the end of the month.

Not long until MW3! You excited? I am.. I think it will be very good

Celcius

°Temp. member
Not long until MW3! You excited? I am.. I think it will be very good
They had me as soon as they said it would be launching with all of the maps from the original MW2. I'll probably wait for a sale on it though as November is PACKED for me.

Starfield is sucking my soul right now, took a break after playing 4 Assassin's Creed games in a row, I'll go back to Odyssey when I'm done with Starfield.

I have almost no time to dedicate to any lengthy games now since starting my new job. Street Fighter 6 has basically been what I go to for the past couple months. I did buy Armored Core VI but have only played about 12 hours of it so far. I really like it but its hard for me to get into after a long day of work.

Sounds like torture.
I loved them, I feel like I've been missing out all these years. Started with the first game and by the end I've finished AC, AC II, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, and AC Origins and started Odyssey. So I guess I actually finished 5 of them, not 4. Still have III, Unity, Black Flag, and Rogue to go once I'm done with Odyssey!

[Sigma]

Finish God of War Ragnarok. Currently playing Miles Morales in prep for Spider-Man 2. Still playing Sea of Stars also along with some mostly Street Fighter 6 training mode/casual mode.

sedg87

Dead Space Remake
I'm on chapter 3 currently and I am absolutely loving every second of the game. The plasma cutter used to be my favourite weapon, but I'm really enjoying using the ripper; It seems to stop single necromorphs in their tracks pretty easily. Mind you, the grenades on the pulse rifle are also really good.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Currently working through my physical copy of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze whenever my lad is using his Switch.

Playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps. 3 hours in. Can't say anything that hasn't been said, but wow.

Playing the odd game of Rocket League, Tetris 99 and F-Zero 99.

Next up, get back in to Metroid Prime (only played the first hour). I've pre-ordered Hogwarts Legacy on Switch so I'll be on that in November.
Now I have to play Ori again.

larry.jpg

Killjoy-NL

Wayfinder Early Access

Despite it's flaws, it's really addicting. Loving the wayfinders and gameplay-loop.

Waiting for the upcoming update that fixes selling accessories and changes the echoes system this upcoming week before I hop back on though.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Wayfinder Early Access

Despite it's flaws, it's really addicting. Loving the wayfinders and gameplay-loop.

Waiting for the upcoming update that fixes selling accessories and changes the echoes system this upcoming week before I hop back on though.
I'm interested in the game going F2P. Not really my usual type of game, but I'm willing to give it a go. Hopefully it doesn't go crazy with the in-game MTX.

Killjoy-NL

I'm interested in the game going F2P. Not really my usual type of game, but I'm willing to give it a go. Hopefully it doesn't go crazy with the in-game MTX.
The MTX are okay so far, I guess. Nothing P2W, although pricing for skins is a bit high maybe? (Bought a Persona skin for a wayfinder for ~€20)

Not sure about the pricing for Reward Towers (Season Pass), but once bought, they're available forever.
There won't be Runesilver (game currency) available through the Reward Towers though, so you'll have to buy them every time.

I'm at the final 2 chapters of Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition on PC. Love the voice acting and environments. Character design and bosses are fun too. But the forced platforming and puzzles can get pretty frustrating. If this game had the same parry mechanics as Sekiro and the budget of a God Of War game and presentation it would be a legitimate masterpiece.

RWbMz0.gif

AndrewRyan

Been bouncing around a little after finishing R&C: Rift Apart again. Continued Darksiders Genesis after a long break for no reason and it's better than I remembered. Lots of combos and upgrade abilities and fun puzzles. Music and atmosphere is on point, probably will complete this time. Seems like Darksiders 4 is overdue.

Finished Inertial Drift again on PC after playing on Switch. Great little game with neat dual-stick controls.

Played a few more levels of Crash Bandicoot 4. Love this game but man it's so sadistic. Challenges are so hard it's like a contest to see how much you hate yourself by going for them. Another game I 'demoed' on Switch before playing on steamdeck and now on a 3080 pc. Maxed out the graphics and it's like Rift Apart in how you can't believe you're playing something so beautiful.

Top Bottom