• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

-Zelda-

Banned
Skarlet Nexus on PS5. Yuito route. I like it, but the gimmick is starting to wear off.

mKSVm4d.jpg

Last edited:
I was on a PS3 kick for a few weeks there but back on PSVR2.

Playing through Organ Quarter again, great indie RE/SH clone.

Got some other games in the VR backlog but mostly just patiently awaiting the deluge of potential gems releasing in the weeks to come.

foamdino

I finished Horizon Forbidden West and It Takes Two, so now I'm onto:
  • BG3 (PC)
  • Starfield (PC)
  • Lost Judgement (PS5)
I'm looking forward to Star Ocean etc landing on psplus extra as this month I want to play practically all of the games

Needed to create some space after finishing Sea of Stars, and I ended up messing around with Enter the Gungeon, F-Zero 99. Both fun little distractions but there isn’t so much meat to them, I’ve found. After a few hours with each I’ve felt like I got everything out of the games.

Ended up doing some early spooky games since my month of October is gonna be busy. I played Man of Medan this weekend with my SO, passing the controller around. It was decent fun and fit the vibe we wanted. Not nearly as good as Until Dawn though, which I highly recommend to anyone that wants a perfect Halloween game. That said, a couple of the Dark Pictures Anthology games are on PS+ Extra - I think they are perfect candidates for the service and it’s a good time of year to play them!

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Needed to create some space after finishing Sea of Stars, and I ended up messing around with Enter the Gungeon, F-Zero 99. Both fun little distractions but there isn’t so much meat to them, I’ve found. After a few hours with each I’ve felt like I got everything out of the games.

Ended up doing some early spooky games since my month of October is gonna be busy. I played Man of Medan this weekend with my SO, passing the controller around. It was decent fun and fit the vibe we wanted. Not nearly as good as Until Dawn though, which I highly recommend to anyone that wants a perfect Halloween game. That said, a couple of the Dark Pictures Anthology games are on PS+ Extra - I think they are perfect candidates for the service and it’s a good time of year to play them!

I've been in a horror mood lately due to October and Halloween coming

So I've been playing lot of horror games

Last edited:
Skarlet Nexus on PS5. Yuito route. I like it, but the gimmick is starting to wear off.

mKSVm4d.jpg
This one of those games that I bought at release, then immediately finished and sold my copy. I recently bought the game again for $20 since I have always wanted to play through as the other character. The game is relatively short and the story would definitely benefit from seeing both sides.

At release, I was actually watching the anime and had fun looking for the hidden codes. Unfortunately, the anime was released far too late. I was done with the game by the time the second episode aired.

Humdinger

Trying to get into RDR 2. I think it's just too big for me. I like the visuals, the characters, and the setting, but I feel like I'm sitting down to read a 900 page novel. I am just not up for it. I want a short story, not War and Peace. Why are all games so big nowadays? What happened to nice little linear action-adventures that took you 10-20 hours, then you were done. Now it feels like I have to make a major time commitment, just to play a game.

Amory

Just finished up Trek to Yomi (PS5). Beautiful looking game, unfortunately that’s pretty much the only memorable thing about it. It's a quick 5-10 hours though and I still enjoyed the time spent overall.

Also in the early stages of Starfield (PC). I find this game to be a tougher nut to crack into than Bethesda’s other franchises. The sheer scale of the game is a bit intimidating and I'm never totally sure I'm making the best use of my limited time when I do manage to play for a couple hours. But I’m definitely having fun so far.

And finally I’m getting through RE: Revelations on Steam Deck. It’s not clicking for me tbh. The scanner mechanic is distracting and just not fun, but I feel like I'm missing out if I don't scan every room/hallway/enemy for hidden items and health boosts. Bosses look cool, but they're also bullet sponges and once you understand the attack patterns it's tedious to whittle their health down. The ship makes for a decent 'haunted house' but you're constantly pulled away from it to complete the 'action stages'. It also seems to crash a lot, at least on steam deck. Idk about this one.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Getting close to finishing AC Rogue Remastered (Series X) and should have Lies of P tomorrow (PS5) to start in on.

Thought I would still be playing Starfield at this point, but putting in on hold for awhile (waiting for more mods).

Started yet another co-op campaign on Sniper Elite 4 too. Those games never get old.

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Finished Resident Evil 4 Remake. That was a ride. I never played the original.

Ashley is a Annoying Cunt

My most hated section of gameplay is where you have to control Ashley and reunite with Leon. That was such a PAIN

Other than that, excellent game.

I might play Resident Evil 5 (Steam) next

In my tradition of being years late to the party i finally started BoTW a few days ago.

I didn't really know what to make of it at first because i thought it felt a bit barebones and directionless but a couple of hours in it started to click with me that that is exactly what the game is supposed to feel like. You'll wander into areas and get murdered horribly so you'll mark it on your map and come back later better equipped. You'll spot something in the distance and wander over to it and discover an enemy camp or a fun sidequest. The main quest introduces new mechanics in such a natural way. There is often different ways to solve the puzzles you encounter by doing the "wrong" thing but the game doesn't punish you at all because you did it your way.

It is some of the most ingenious videogame design i've ever encountered where you are constantly subtly encouraged to explore and discover new things at every turn. It is becoming one of my favourite games ever as i play more of it. Truly a work of art and a real testament to why Nintendo are held in such high regard.

engstra

Finished playing Chicory: A Colorful Tale and damn the game got me hooked. Really fantastic little adventure game with surprisingly good (and funny at times) writing. Highly recommend it.

Finished Man of Medan, was underwhelmed despite the great potential of the setting. Found out The Quarry is leaving PS+ Extra mid month, so I'm playing that now. Only a couple chapters in, but it's waaaaaay better. Similar caliber production values as Until Dawn, better characters, the dialogue is lightyears ahead. I'm still early on, in Chapter 2, but it just isn't scary at all. I am hoping it gets scarier, but from what I've read it improve much in that respect.

engstra

Finished Man of Medan, was underwhelmed despite the great potential of the setting. Found out The Quarry is leaving PS+ Extra mid month, so I'm playing that now. Only a couple chapters in, but it's waaaaaay better. Similar caliber production values as Until Dawn, better characters, the dialogue is lightyears ahead. I'm still early on, in Chapter 2, but it just isn't scary at all. I am hoping it gets scarier, but from what I've read it improve much in that respect.
Oh shit had no idea, Quarry would be leaving so soon. Thanks for mentioning it. I guess the games I'll be playing next are that and the Medium before they leave next month.

The Dark Pictures games always start with a good premise but absolutely shit the bed in execution by the end. The devs try far too hard to "subvert expectations" with every one of their stories and it just leads to weak endings for their games.

The Quarry was good because it kept things fairly straightforward and focused on fleshing out the characters and story. It's scratches the same 2000-2010 mid-budget horror movie itch that Until Dawn did.

sedg87

I was on a PS3 kick for a few weeks there but back on PSVR2.

Playing through Organ Quarter again, great indie RE/SH clone.

Got some other games in the VR backlog but mostly just patiently awaiting the deluge of potential gems releasing in the weeks to come.

Organ Quarter looks really fun. Gonna pick it up for the quest, I think.

Dead Space Remake
On chapter 8. Still blasting my way through with my two favourite weapons: Plasma Cutter and Ripper. Haven't really used the other weapons despite having them all. Think this is my second fave game of the year, just behind Resi 4.

Organ Quarter looks really fun. Gonna pick it up for the quest, I think.

Dead Space Remake
On chapter 8. Still blasting my way through with my two favourite weapons: Plasma Cutter and Ripper. Haven't really used the other weapons despite having them all. Think this is my second fave game of the year, just behind Resi 4.
Judging by your avatar I think you'll probably love it. I hope so at least.

Just remember that it was made by 3 people and that it's designed to feel like you're in a PSX game. For me personally, it's one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Gave me the feeling I had when I played RE for the first time back in 1997. Almost emotional from it, those kind of experiences are fleeting to say the least. 🥹

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Now that the summer is over and I'm done all my JRPGs, I've been focusing on shorter games. I beat several games in the span of a couple weeks.

Planet of Lana - loved it. Beautiful puzzle platformer with an emotional tale.

Trine 5 - if you've played these games, you know what they are. Enjoyed it a lot.

Immortals of Aveum - enjoyed it, though went in with low expectations. Has the foundations of something that could be really good. Need more explorable areas and more diverse set of weapons and armor though. Lots of sameness in this game.

Neon White - played it, but didn't finish it. A time attack first person platformer parkour game, that I'll get back to later, but it was fun.

Shady Part of Me - puzzle indie game I enjoyed quite a bit.

Embers of Mirrim - puzzle platformer with a cool tale I enjoyed a lot.

Gal Guardians - Metroidvania style game that so far leans far more Vania than Metroid. Several hours in and enjoying it. Hoping to finish this by Monday.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Now that the summer is over and I'm done all my JRPGs, I've been focusing on shorter games. I beat several games in the span of a couple weeks.

Planet of Lana - loved it. Beautiful puzzle platformer with an emotional tale.

Trine 5 - if you've played these games, you know what they are. Enjoyed it a lot.

Immortals of Aveum - enjoyed it, though went in with low expectations. Has the foundations of something that could be really good. Need more explorable areas and more diverse set of weapons and armor though. Lots of sameness in this game.

Neon White - played it, but didn't finish it. A time attack first person platformer parkour game, that I'll get back to later, but it was fun.

Shady Part of Me - puzzle indie game I enjoyed quite a bit.

Embers of Mirrim - puzzle platformer with a cool tale I enjoyed a lot.

Gal Guardians - Metroidvania style game that so far leans far more Vania than Metroid. Several hours in and enjoying it. Hoping to finish this by Monday.
Neon White is one of the best games I've played in the last few years. I hope you get back to it and enjoy it.

Robbinhood

Banned
I've been playing BG3 exclusively on PC the last few weeks.

Its prob my GOTY but at the same time I want a side piece to compliment it since its such a daunting game.

Might dip my toes into Sea of Stars or something. Better yet some kind of TPShooter. I'm due to replay TLOU2.

foamdino

I'm pushing myself to play through Starfield now. It is actively fighting me at every turn. Bethesda obviously wanted every single player to use guns - doing a grenade build requires putting points into guns, unarmed is gimped to the point of being almost useless (you need to invest a lot of points in skills to be able to do any unarmed combat). Stealth is broken by companions, unarmed melee is *almost* impossible to get a stealth hit off. I've killed 190 people with unarmed melee - only 2 stealth hits *at all*. Quest rewards are invariably a gun of some kind. In the status screen it has a "favourite weapon" - mine is blank as I've only done unarmed, yet they didn't even code in an "unarmed" for the status screen. This game is so unfinished (goodness know what it would have been like for original launch).

With Cyberpunk patch, Star Ocean The Divine Force, BG3 - it's a real struggle to push myself to finish my space monk playthrough.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Since the English Fan Translation for Kuro No Kiseki II Crimson Sin is mostly complete, I've been mostly playing this. The translation progress just covers the main story and side quests. I'm on Chapter 1 Side A. So far it's interesting. They introduced a bunch of new mechanics to the gameplay. I'm enjoying it. Story and Cast wise is fantastic as was the case with the first game.

sedg87

Judging by your avatar I think you'll probably love it. I hope so at least.

Just remember that it was made by 3 people and that it's designed to feel like you're in a PSX game. For me personally, it's one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Gave me the feeling I had when I played RE for the first time back in 1997. Almost emotional from it, those kind of experiences are fleeting to say the least. 🥹

Well, the PS1 is my favourite console and I regularly go back to play those kinda games, so I expect I'll like it. The original Resi is also my second favourite game of all time. I get paid on the 1st so I'll be buying it then. Will let you know my thoughts when I pick it up!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Beat Gal Guardians last night. It was ok. I usually think Metroidvanias are better than reviewers say, but this one I didn't think it was as good. Not enough exploration and upgrading for my tastes. Also had a few bugs like falling through the floor or getting stuck.

Next up is either Blashphemous 2 or Elderand. Both Metroidvanias. Leaning Blasphemous since I loved the first one.

Also messed around in SEASON: A letter to the future a bit. It's reaaaaally slow though. Not in the mood for it right now. I'll go back to it when I'm up for a story based game.

bobone

Doom Resurrection on actual 32x hardware.
Crazy to see what that little add-on was able to do if it had proper programming support.

Probably going to go through Doom 2 and Final Doom after this.
Really makes me miss old school FPS games. The new stuff is so flashy and shallow, with no substance.

Crayon

Ff7r still. Hard run is nearly done. I'm finding to play it rn but my wife is playing totk.

Ff7r hard is a metaphorical behemoth that regularly dumps a flare on you. It's like the master mode in botw. It's got a rude rule change that seems unfair. In that case, it's the quickly regenerating enemies. When you stick to it though, it brings out more fun in the gameplay by making you strategize more.

Anyway I've got total 135 hours in the game. Little less than half of that was the first time I was playing it like two years ago. I'm really close to buttoning it up now and I really want to get to that ac6. I cheated a bit and installed it, took a peek. I got to the first boss and it was ruthless. That was my dip into the game so I put it down to finish 7r.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
  • 13 Sentinels (still early, ~40 minutes in, spread across 3 sessions. Very different game than what I play, so tough to get into, but the story is intriguing.
  • Also finished Titanfall 2's campaign yesterday once again. It still rocks as one of the best FPS campaigns ever!
Protocol 3. Protect the Pilot.

Sad Cartoon GIF

Dazraell

I've started Cyberpunk in 2.0 patch on PS5. It's my first playthrough, picked Corpo as an origin for V. I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm still encountering some glitches and odd bugs, so I feel CDPR still has some patching to do. It's nothing game breaking but man, nothing breaks the immersion of this world more than some random people going through objects or cars glitching and sticking from the middle of the wall

I also started Dungeon Siege III on PC, picked Lucas as a character and reached the first village. It's my second playthrough, I've played it years ago on Xbox 360 with a different character. It's a fine game, but honestly nothing special

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Yeah, another 11 hours down today on Sekiro and it's fucking amazing. I have no idea why I bounced off this so hard when I tried to play it at release. I'm a huge Fromsoft fan and I just backlogged it after 30 mins. What a mistake.

I must repent for my sins and do a platinum run.

Last edited:
Reactions: stn

R6Rider

Gold Member
Finished AC Rogue Remastered a few nights ago

Still fairly early in Lies of P. Really enjoying this one. Might be my favorite game so far this year.

I also decided to pick up Forza Horizon 4 after playing The Crew Motorfest trial and being in the mood for an open world racing game.

Kindela

Banned
Mass Effect
Bought the Legendary edition when it came out and kinda forgot about it. I've recruited Liara and I'm now assisting the Zhu's Hope colony.
+1

I'm playing it for the second time, but first time the LE versions.
It's insane how atmospheric this game is. Even with the somewhat outdated facial animations, the voice acting, music and lore just suck you in instantly.

King Dazzar

I finally got Platinum for Days Gone, which was excellent. I then enjoyed going back through Crysis 2 remastered, which I loved too. Tried again to get into Death Stranding, but just isnt for me. Great technically, but just not my thing. Been doing some Rift Apart, which is good, but not great. And trying to enjoy FFVII remake, which is OK so far, and I can feel it starting to click. Oh and still playing Dead Space remake, which is superb - I didnt get on very well with the original, so very surprised to find myself loving the remake. Tempted to pick up Janky Jedi: survivor... but worried about how it will look and perform on PS5, despite recent patch. Also tempted with Hogwarts too.

Last edited:

Fess

Up til now I’ve only been playing Starfield but I played some Cyberpunk last night. Max everything on a 4090 PC. Haven’t played enough to have an opinion on the gameplay changes yet but it’s certainly a purty game 👌

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Evil West: I’m middle of the road on this. It does feel straight out of the 360 generation, with its simple linear design. Maybe it’s just the camera being pulled so far in like God of War that brings it down a little for me. Feels like enemies cheap shot you because of the limited visibility.

Playing Sekiro on PS5. It looks beautiful at times.
I have no idea why I bounced off this so hard when I tried to play it at release

I bought and played it for about a week at release. Got stuck on one boss, took a a break, and never returned. I sold my copy.

A few months ago, I decided to try again. I bought a used PS4 copy and was pleased to see it run at 60fps on PS5. I got significantly further in the game this time and it really clicked. It was almost too easy. I still haven’t completed it, but I honestly have no desire to. I enjoyed it, but it’s time to move on. I do feel this may be From’s best game, though.

Mass Effect
Bought the Legendary edition when it came out and kinda forgot about it.

I made the mistake of passing up the extreme sales on the physical PS4 copy because the game was given away on PS Plus. Well, now PS Plus pricing is ridiculously high, so I allowed my subscription to lapse, along with dozens of “free” games. I am not getting suckered into that again. I’ll just buy my games from now on.

I always assumed I would play this on PC, but I can never convince myself to install Origin or whatever EA uses now. I played Mass Effect 2 almost to the end on PS3 last year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom