• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Aenima

Just finished Nier Replicant. (Just rout A and B)
Amazing game, good story, good combat, outstanding OST and amazing side characters. Grimoire Weiss is probably my favorite "side kick" in a long while.

Started Start Ocean The Divine Force and droped it cuz the combat is just pure trash. The main character also looked way too weird (Art-style) and playing with english voices was driving me crazy as the main character kept saying "sweeeeet" every time he picked something up. Guess "Star Ocean" and "Tales of" are just 2 JRPGs IP that no matter how many i try they just dont click with me.

Starting Odin Sphere now.

Last edited:

tylrdiablos

I finished Spider-Man : Miles Morales (PC) a few day back. Enjoyed it. Looking forward to Spider-Man 2 on PC... in 2 years or whatever.

Currently bouncing back and forth between Turok and a new save file in Cyberpunk 2077 patch 2.0. (No Phantom Liberty DLC, yet.)
I'm tempted to ditch Turok in favour of Cultic (good demo and I enjoyed DUSK).

I also stuck about 90 minutes into the Deep Rock Galatia Survivors demo... and that was pretty good.

Replaying Resident Evil 2 2019...my favorite of the RE Engine REs so far. It feels like survival horror but in third person...its really fluid to play yet puzzles and backtracking are the name of the game here! I wish more games like this exist

Need a new game to play within my existing library asap as I'm bored as hell in my free time at night .

recently played
- symphony of the night
- 200 hrs of terraria up until hard mode, 2 different worlds, learning the game etc
- 2 months of td games , kingdom rush and noob level bloons td
- dark souls 3 earlier this year, re4 remake

currently I am playing nothing lol,
possibly fallout new vegas, the Witcher 3 or Dragon Age Origins....

marjo

I'm on a bit of an indie puzzle game kick. Just finished Gris (which I really enjoyed). Currently playing through Cocoon and Chants of Sennaar, which are both excellent so far.

Last edited:

WoJ

Amazing game, good story, good combat, outstanding OST and amazing side characters. Grimoire Weiss is probably my favorite "side kick" in a long while.
Is Nier Replicant worth picking up? I have the original Nier and need to play it, but would rather grab Replicant if it is the superior version of the game.

I'm playing Guardians of the Galaxy. What a fun ride so far. Just started chapter 6. It keeps getting better and better. Fun and chaotic combat, fun banter. Really enjoying it.

Aenima

Is Nier Replicant worth picking up? I have the original Nier and need to play it, but would rather grab Replicant if it is the superior version of the game.

I'm playing Guardians of the Galaxy. What a fun ride so far. Just started chapter 6. It keeps getting better and better. Fun and chaotic combat, fun banter. Really enjoying it.
Never played the original but i heard the combat in replicant is better. Game is excelent so yeah its worth picking it up.

Started Start Ocean The Divine Force and droped it cuz the combat is just pure trash. The main character also looked way too weird (Art-style) and playing with english voices was driving me crazy as the main character kept saying "sweeeeet" every time he picked something up. Guess "Star Ocean" and "Tales of" are just 2 JRPGs IP that no matter how many i try they just dont click with me.

Starting Odin Sphere now.

Only endings A/B? If you liked the game that much you need to see endings C/D, and route E. Not difficult, just a bit more time.

Gandih42

Cleaning up side quests and getting all the strongest items before hitting the final boss on NG+ in FFXVI.

Somehow, the combat is starting to feel a lot more like a "classic" Final Fantasy game at this point.

Spamming weak attacks (albeit, stylishly) on the weaker enemies and tactically dropping big moves on big enemies doesn't feel all that out of place compared to the older turn-based/ATB games, when the higher difficulty really starts mandating more defensive and thoughtful play.

I really hope this system is re-iterated on for future installments/spin-offs. If they add a party system and more variation in the basic moves, I think they'd have a legit masterpiece on their hands.

Aenima

Only endings A/B? If you liked the game that much you need to see endings C/D, and route E. Not difficult, just a bit more time.
Route B was the exact same gameplay/ bosses as route A just with some new cutscenes for story. So I rather watch the diferent routes in youtube. I disliked the fetch side quests and all the gathering x amount of items, so i just focused on the main story. Route E is the only worth playing after Route A.

Too much games to play to be replaying the same stuff.

Last edited:

reektann

Finished Starfield after about 90 hours. Started out at an 8.5 for me but I’d give it 6.5/7 after finishing. Just didn’t really have any memorable side or faction stuff and just felt like feature creep from all the systems. I’m a big Fallout 3 / NV fan and it was really lacking something on the side quests and companions. Great art style is the most I can say, as I did take a lot of screenshots, but after 80 or so hours from all the faction and side quests, I main lined the story and shrugged at the end.

Decided to re play Alan Wake as it’s been over 13 years since I did and I want to refresh my memory etc before Alan Wake 2.

It is still really great and it’s so nice not having a talent tree or skills etc - just a crafted story you get to play through.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So I picked up Rain Code on switch this weekend.

Man I am really enjoying this game, its a shame Sony had to go all "CENSORSHIP BUT ONLY FOR JAPAN" in recent gens so it couldn't be made on playstation, it would have tottaly benefitted from the extra hardware power. But none the less even on switch its an enjoyable ride, it got a bit... heavy on new mechanics during the first case so it feels very random at times. But once a case starts coming together it's fun to watch the conclusion playout in this zaney dream world.

The main pairing really growing on me too.

Last edited:
Lollipop chainsaw

Sidelining Metal gear rising for a bit and commencing Spo0o0oktober with Lollipop chainsaw. Only played a small bit, Its so full of humor, personality and raunchiness. Its great. This is a platinum trophy in the making.

With some of the stuff being said in this game, there's definitely going to be a bunch of things that'll get cut (no pun intended) in the eventual re-release.

I'm really enjoying Immortals. Someday people will buy it super cheap and make posts wishing for sequels.
I assume you're talking about Immortals of Aveum? In that case, that sucks, man. The positive buzz its receiving has piqued my curiousity.

EDIT: ignorance

Last edited:
Route B was the exact same gameplay/ bosses as route A just with some new cutscenes for story. So I rather watch the diferent routes in youtube. I disliked the fetch side quests and all the gathering x amount of items, so i just focused on the main story. Route E is the only worth playing after Route A.

I can understand that. Ok so at least you saw those endings, I was gonna say stopping after Route B is a travesty considering what the game is all about and how much you loved the cast.

Let's see ..tears of kingdom, re4 remake, control, pikmin 4, mk1, cyberpunk 2077, Forbidden West, Dead space remake, callisto protocol, baulders gate 3 and starfield have all been in rotation.

It takes me years to finish most games because I play too many at one time.

October is looking to be one of the most stacked months ever so I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do ..forza 8, spiderman 2, Alan Wake 2, Mario Wonder are all "must have" games. Thinking of just doing gamepass for Forza because of the stupid always online bullshit.

Last edited:
Finished Starfield after about 90 hours. Started out at an 8.5 for me but I’d give it 6.5/7 after finishing. Just didn’t really have any memorable side or faction stuff and just felt like feature creep from all the systems. I’m a big Fallout 3 / NV fan and it was really lacking something on the side quests and companions. Great art style is the most I can say, as I did take a lot of screenshots, but after 80 or so hours from all the faction and side quests, I main lined the story and shrugged at the end.

Decided to re play Alan Wake as it’s been over 13 years since I did and I want to refresh my memory etc before Alan Wake 2.

It is still really great and it’s so nice not having a talent tree or skills etc - just a crafted story you get to play through.

It's such a bummer to hear that about Starfield from people who've completed it. I keep hoping it'll get better the further into it I get. It's crazy to think Bethesda didn't make a great game based on how confident they seemed and how well it previewed. I think it's seriously lacking on 2 things: exploration and fun factor. The exploration loop in a Bethesda SPACE game needed to be nailed but its not. Something I havnt seen any talk of also is how the combat really kinda sucks. It's so easy and enemies just stand there to accommodate 30 fps controller aiming. Not having VATS is just bizarre as well.

Crayon

I finished the hard mode on 7R. Spectacular game. I liked the game when I finished it the first time but now I'm completely in love with it. I even warned to the deviations in the story. It reminds me of mgs2, aware that the player has done all this before.

Now on to AC6.

I also played some foamstars. I'm not the person you want to ask about that type of game but I thought it was fun. The foam is flying everywhere. It's very hectic. In fact, it comes off like a kids game not because of the mobile-style character designs but because the action is an aggressive clusterfuck. I think better suited to a kid's brain.

I liked the challenge of try to keep up, though. The topography is changing real fast and the inaccurate nature of flying foam means the shit is constantly raining from all directions. Lines of sight in particular are constantly being blocked and unblocked. That's to say nothing of your surfing paths which are super critical because of how slow you are without thing. The whole thing is taxing for the spacial awareness. At least I think so.

Tams

I tried Dishonored (Dishonoured) and while it was very fun at first, I got fed up with it after about eight hours.

I grew sick of and fed up with the setting (the plague is pretty annoying), and it feels like your path is set pretty early on.

The facial designs are plain ugly. Painful to look at.

I've given up on it and very much doubt I'll go back.

Last edited:

Humdinger

I tried Medal of Honor: Frontline (2002) on the 360. I enjoyed the combat, sort of. I enjoyed the setting (WWII, Normandy) and fighting Nazis. The movement controls were awkward, though. They didn't have the two-joystick system down pat yet, at that time. It was cool to see med-packs placed around the level, rather than the "auto-heal while hiding" thing that is the modern norm.

My main complaint was lack of checkpoints. If you die at any point in a level, you have to start over. I went through a 20-minute level, then died just before the end. I don't think I have the patience to play entire levels all over again, just because I screwed up the last bit. Maybe I'm spoiled by modern games, with their generous checkpoint systems. But I remember complaining about this back in the day, too -- the need for better checkpoints. A minor annoyance, I suppose, but it's putting me off.

Last edited:

sedg87

Dead Space Remake
On the last chapter. Don't want it to end. Might have to go through it again.

Mass Effect
Just been doing a lot of side stuff after recruiting Liara.

Separate Ways
Just reached the castle. Very good so far. I was never a huge Ada fan in Resi 2, but I really like her in this remake and the dlc.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Having a blast with Lies of P and also enjoying the DLC missions for Sniper Elite 5.

PSVR2 wise, I'm making my way through Moss Book 2.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Just beat the Japan Championship in Gran Turismo 4 with a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, got 35k credits and a Nissan race car.

It was grueling and long especially with all the 4-5 lap races, i don't think i can do endurance yet.... :pie_grinning_sweat: They made me do 10 laps of Tsukuba Circuit, i feel like that's excess

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Oh yeah, also rebeat a Hat in Time and Celeste a couple days ago. I had beaten both of them once, but with Celeste I hadn't finished the final chapter yet, and AHiT was the first time where i experienced it with mods. Those are 2 of my favorite games of the past decade.

Lunnarre

Neo Member
I tried Medal of Honor: Frontline (2002) on the 360. I enjoyed the combat, sort of. I enjoyed the setting (WWII, Normandy) and fighting Nazis. The movement controls were awkward, though. They didn't have the two-joystick system down pat yet, at that time. It was cool to see med-packs placed around the level, rather than the "auto-heal while hiding" thing that is the modern norm.

My main complaint was lack of checkpoints. If you die at any point in a level, you have to start over. I went through a 20-minute level, then died just before the end. I don't think I have the patience to play entire levels all over again, just because I screwed up the last bit. Maybe I'm spoiled by modern games, with their generous checkpoint systems. But I remember complaining about this back in the day, too -- the need for better checkpoints. A minor annoyance, I suppose, but it's putting me off.
Rising Sun and European Assault were probably my favorite in the MoH franchise. Also my favorite military shooters on PS2.

Humdinger

Rising Sun and European Assault were probably my favorite in the MoH franchise. Also my favorite military shooters on PS2.

I may give the game another go. Maybe I just need to suck it up and play the game as it was designed, rather than complain about the lack of modern conveniences.

I have good memories of playing the early Medal of Honor games on the original Xbox. Medal of Honor Underground, for instance. I'm not sure if I've played the two you mentioned. If I manage to get through Frontline, I'll put them on my list.

stn

I recently beat FF 16 (PS5), MK 1 (XSX), and the new Wo Long (PS5) DLC. Now playing Lies of P (XSX), very good so far. After I beat it I may finally install Starfield, which I've had since launch.

I just need to say that it is a goddamn shame that this sort of situation occurs. The fact that some game experiences are being hampered by the FOMO urge to play other games…

I can’t describe the feeling I had after the “final” ending of Nier. It isn’t just an ending. I have never seen anything like it in my 40 years of gaming. I’d hate to spoil it for you, although it sounds like you already have spoiled it for yourself. I can’t even think of something similar… maybe when
Chloe leaves your title screen
in Detroit Become Human?

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Finished three games last month; R&C: Rift Apart, Darksiders Genesis & Doom Eternal. September is for closers. Not sure what will stick next. Just got part 2 dlc for Eternal and playing Evil West off and on.

Paltheos

Almost done with the Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty DLC. General updates to gameplay have felt good; content itself is... alright. I've definitely been a little underwhelmed in general because of how absurdly OP my endgame character is, but beyond that the scenario left me wanting after the first few chapters. Getting strung along by characters about past drama gets tiring really fast. More than anything though, I can't get over how monumentally stupid Songbird's plan is. The game calls her shortsighted and V gets angry, sure, but the game glosses over how stupid it is. How, exactly, was she planning on retrieving that nexus artifact from Colonel Hansen on her own? It's physically stored securely in the stadium. She acts bothered by being forced into becoming his prisoner to create a chance to get close to it, but how did she see this scenario ideally playing out when she resolved to betray the president? I don't even remember what she was supposed to get out of the deal with him. This goes beyond myopic; she didn't think this out at all. It's not a matter of just desperation; how did she trick her brain into thinking she could win? There was no plan for her to win. --- There's also some miscommunication on certain plot points otherwise. Allot of characters point out that Hansen won't kill Songbird because she has value as a technological nuke, but Songbird herself is convinced she's dead if she missteps. This could just be attributed again to Songbird being an idiot, but V cares about her and never brings up this point everyone else has made even once to reassure her. --- Parts of the story I have enjoyed though are Reed and V coming to the realization at the same time that Songbird was the traitor, and seeing the lengths Songbird goes to get what she wants - betraying literally everyone to get it.

Other than that, I'm reminded of some irritations with the game. Fast travel from specific points only is a little annoying but the real bitch is any time the game tells you to wait for someone to contact you. This being Cyberpunk, the game has bugged out more than once and I've slept several in-game days and heard nothing back. Most of the time I just worked around this by doing sidequests until the game decided to grant me the privilege of continuing the main story, but by the end I was out of sidequests to do. I also hate forced walking sequences in just about any game, and Cyberpunk is no exception - Too many of these in the DLC for my tastes. On the plus side, on the whole the game is much less buggier, and the most noticeable system change is a police system that actually works.

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Played through Shovel Knight Dig in about 3 hours. I missed some levels and probably other stuff, but I don't think I'll go back to it. The game left me wanting a true 16bit style Shovel Knight sequel more than anything.

Currently playing Neon White. I'm skipping all of the story and anime bullshit and focusing on the actual gameplay. Phenomenal game.

tylrdiablos

Just finished Cultic. It was 3 and a half hours long but I enjoyed all of it. Bit tougher than I thought it'd be.
I found rebinding "Use Medkit" to Mouse3 and "Dodge" to Mouse4 made things more manageable (They're bound to H and ALT respectively.)
The inclusive of a horde/survival mode is also pretty great.
Looking forward to the sequel and started following the dev on Twitter so I don't miss news about it.

No idea what to play next... probably some Cyberpunk whilst I wait for Mario Wonder and Alan Wake 2.

engstra

Played through the Quarry during the past couple days. I've had fun with it but felt like much slower and subdued compared to Until Dawn. Don't think I had a single scare. Facial animations look janky as hell, but sometimes the game looks really good. Game can be frustrating at times, had a few deaths that was caused by me not shooting even though I pulled the trigger. Being given a couple of chances to rewind on second playthrough should alleviate that.
Gonna go back and replay and see some different outcomes but it's quite a long game to replay, especially when it felt pretty uneventful. I think the games in the Dark Pictures anthology are a bit more re-playable due to their shorter length.

Rippa

Just got Platinum in Lies of P.

Now waiting for GameFly to send me Lords of the Fallen.

Us souls fan are eating good right now!

Dazraell

About 30 hours in Cyberpunk. Still have a lot to do, haven't yet reached Phantom Liberty

I'm also about halfway through Quake II 64 Remastered. It's a very different game from the main campaign. I quite dig it, and it's a really fun addition to recent Quake II Remastered pack

AndrewRyan

Finished part 2 of Doom Enternal's DLC and thank the gods for this incredible game. Played a few minutes of Doom 2016 just for comparison and it feels broken now without dash.

Fired up Remnant 2 but am lost where to go next. Love the atmosphere, music and gameplay. Feeling very fortunate these days with so many great games to play.

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Finished Neon White and immediately jumped into Islets.

capsule_616x353.jpg

There was a thread dedicated to this game last year and it's been on my radar ever since. Nothing about this game is exceptional, but everything is executed really well. The visuals and gameplay remind of a brighter, more colorful Hollow Knight. Just with the difficulty turned down. Highly recommend to anyone waiting for Silksong or looking for a metroidvania in general.

Last edited:
Top Bottom