• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Gandih42

Recently went back to Octopath 2 and cleared a few Chapter 4s. Game continues to be great and compared to the first one (which was also excellent), I'm much more invested in the individual stories and they each use the games mechanics in much more varied ways. I'm guessing I'll soon start finding the hidden jobs.

Also got to the point in ToTK where I've got the final main quest (or at lest I think so). Found about 110 shrines and probably going to do a few more as well as lighting up the Depths before head to the final battle. Even now I'm still really struggling to not keep on exploring. The "Hero's Path" mechanic is actually really useful to figure out where you haven't been yet. And even this far in, the game has consistently been able to impress me. It totally makes sense to me that they have no DLC plans for the game, I can't think of another game that completely fullfils its premise and potential in a way this does.

bender

What time is it?
Berserk and the Band of the Hawk - I'm only playing two missions a day so that the tedium doesn't set in. It's mindless but fun.
Tiny Rogues - In love with this one. I picked it up on sale for under five bucks and it seems to be bursting at the seems with items that vary up every one. I adore the minimalist style. I'm just scratching the surface but it might be a tad on the easy side.

Reactions: Isa

Kindela

Banned
Played ME2 for 10 hours or so far after finishing ME1 last week. I've played the trilogy in 2013, but so far it's been even better than I remember. Might be because I saw how many mediocre and uninspired games have released in the meantime, and my brain started appreciating the few that are great even more.

Although ME2 still lacks that sort of "magic" that the first one had, I still play it 2 hours a day easily, and would even more if I had the time.
I don't remember the combat feeling so good, especially headshotting with a sniper. It's really loud and visceral. The levels are as constrained as I remember, and feel really artificial when compared to the more open ones in the first game. But the first one had such a huge impact on me story wise, that just being able to play in its aftermath is exciting enough.

engstra

Finished a second playthrough of the Quarry. Definitely done with the game. The game is way too slowly paced and long for it to be replayable. On replay you also really notice just how linear it is, even though I'd make different choices it really did not fell like it had any impact on outcome. The ending is so abrupt and unsatisfying. Why isn't there any final cutscene on the day after with all the survivors etc?
Ps. The summer camp lasts for 2 months. What happened on the full moon one month into camp?

Now time to check out Callisto Protocol

GrayDock

Just platinumed the PSN+ Callisto protocol. A good game overall, with nice visuals and great sound effects. The 3D sound of blinds coming 'around' you through vents is disturbing and amazing.
Now going back to ACVI with some SF6 to relax in between sessions where my robot ass is kicked... Until SM2 comes out, that is.

Adeptus

Shir, sorry for lying - Enderal is not avalaible without SKyrim, looks I forgotten that I have bought Skyrim some time ago (probably during sale).

I just about finished all the quests in Pokémon Legends Arceus. The credits rolled, but Im currently on the hunt for Arceus itself.

Went back to the Witcher 3 and played it non-stop for two days. However, I just can’t shake the feeling that I’ve done all this before. I find that I can’t replay these sort of games, as the sense of discovery is gone. Also, I don’t enjoy this combat.

I was testing my PC connection to my TV and finally started up The Messenger. Pretty cool! The whole point of the TV connection is to play Baldurs Gate 3 with HDR. My monitor has “HDR 400”, which may as well not be HDR at all.

sedg87

Grand Theft Auto V
I bought this with my rewards points on the site I use to buy games. Just took control of Trevor and cleared out a lot of bikers. I haven't played this since the PS3 days so everything feels fresh.

I am probably going to start a horror game later tonight. I haven't played through all the Resi games this year which is normally something I do, so may start Director's Cut or just pick a random game in the series. Also have The Medium waiting to be played.

Propagation: Paradise Hotel. Released on other headsets earlier in the year but just released yesterday for PSVR2.

Old school survival horror, really reminiscent of the first Resident Evil. Native 120hz and only $20. High quality indie game and quite terrifying so far.

I am knocking some records out on Resident Evil 3 Remake for the unlockables. I absolutely love doing runs in this game. It never overstays its welcome and feels like an action blockbuster. At times it reminds me of the Resident Evil: Apocalypse film I really liked. Also has the best one liner in the series.

45EFA16C7EF62EDC0DADECCAA7B3ABC9C64D4890

New Super Mario Bros. U Deruxe in anticipation of Wonder

I'm finally using my switch some after having one and a huge library of first party games for a few years (got distracted with a late gen ps4 purchase and a steam deck). Put it on the back burner.

Johnny2Bad

Been playing Ghost of Tsushima for a couple of weeks now. I found it tough at first but after getting used to the controls and building up my attributes and weapons etc, I got totally hooked.

I really like the Guiding Wind thing as apposed to using a mini map. A very refreshing concept.

There is new missions popping up all the time so I imagine I'll be playing this for awhile.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Redfall w/ the new performance and fixes patch. Had this been how the game released on day 1, it likely would have scored much better, a solid high 70's kind of game.

From what I've played so far, it's like a Far Cry game with vampires. You die really really fucking quick in solo though, so you need to be taking cover and shit.

reektann

I’ve been craving short story driven games since Starfield sullied me for 120 hours, so I finally played Deliver us Mars on Steam. They did a big update it seems as it has RTX and all sorts in it now along with loads of fixed. Still has the slight indie jank animations in areas like Deliver us the Moon did, but the story and voice acting really put it over. Very cool story with little twists and such and a nice 8-9 hours.

Also played through the recent Dark Pictures game The Devil in Me. It was a very very slow start but once it got going I was having fun. Ended up with 2 people dying but I didn’t care for those two characters anyway :) you’re basically running around a house as if the Saw bloke made it.

Last edited:

Creamatine

Neo Member
Cyberpunk.

I haven’t been as immersed in a world and story in such a long time. The city they created is tremendous. The story and characters have such deep personalities and stories. CD Project Red are the tops for me in terms of world building and story and character development (with naughty dog being interchangeable for the best). It pains me that their management was stupid and forced the game out early (and made them develop for ps4) because this game is an absolute masterpiece.

Roberts

Redfall w/ the new performance and fixes patch. Had this been how the game released on day 1, it likely would have scored much better, a solid high 70's kind of game.

From what I've played so far, it's like a Far Cry game with vampires. You die really really fucking quick in solo though, so you need to be taking cover and shit.
Who are you playing with? Leyla has two skills that have saved my ass on more than one occasion.

Anyway, I am playing Redfall too. Finished the first map and kind of wish the game would end there, but let's see if the second one brings anything new to the table. I am still enjoying it, but the game design flaws have been more apparent now.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Who are you playing with? Leyla has two skills that have saved my ass on more than one occasion.

Anyway, I am playing Redfall too. Finished the first map and kind of wish the game would end there, but let's see if the second one brings anything new to the table. I am still enjoying it, but the game design flaws have been more apparent now.

Remi. The C4, especially when upgraded, is invaluable, and it causes fire damage so it can kill vampires too.

Field

Early into Resident evil 4 remake and kinda shocked how little I’m enjoying it. Controls feel bad for a game that is a straight shooter and enemies spawning behind you in area you just cleared is always a shit mechanic.

Crayon

I've been jamming ac6. Its outstanding. I met with some friends last night and I was surprised how curious they have been about it. One of them I would have assumed hadn't heard of it.

But yeah we also drank some beer and now I am hungover. So I want to play something that's not ac6. Maybe I'll dip into hfw or spiderman. Those open world games are too long for me to finish. I really enjoy them for 30-50 hours and then I shelf them and sporadically dip in in situations like these. Actually maybe I should play totk.

amigastar

In anticipation for WCR from EA i installed Richard Burns Rally again. Man, this game is hard but really fun. After 20 years still the Rally reference.

Last edited:
Wow, just when i finish Mario World, Mario Wonder gets leaked.

I was gonna finish up Mario Bros 3 but i guess those plans are on hold.
I rented Mario Bros 3 when it first released and completed it the first night. I’m not even sure what you mean by “finish up” with this game. It’s intended to be completed in a single sitting. :messenger_astonished:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I rented Mario Bros 3 when it first released and completed it the first night. I’m not even sure what you mean by “finish up” with this game. It’s intended to be completed in a single sitting. :messenger_astonished:
single sitting? the game's like 5 hours long.

I do have quite a bit of free time but i typicallyplay for a couple minutes then put them down after a while.

Crayon

Okay I decided to put in spiderman with my lazy day and it was a bust. So I lode my my remastered game. In towards the beginning of the first dlc, which I have not played. I'm playing for 20 minutes and something seems wrong. There is no quest marker. There is no active quest. I look this up and it a bug. I would have to roll back to a manual save. The last one was a long way back. Fuck that.

So I deleted it and installed miles. I've never played it. So I just came off hours of that. I couldn't do it anymore. I was so bored. The game is nice, but The fighting is way better than most western games, but it has a limit. I've played a ton of spider man and after about and hour and a half of dusting off the cobwebs, it all came back to me. Even with a few new powers added, I had really seen it all.

And god the characters and writing are so family friendly and sanitized. There is no edge to anything. I fidget during the cutscenes. Graphics are nice, though.

I flipped through the games on my ps5 and on the premium sub. There's a ton that look more interesting than this. I am looking for some random palette cleanser. I downloaded twisted metal. And I'm always curious about these mountains of trashy looking jrpg's on there. I've never really played those. I mean the real cheap looking ones lol. Like knights of azure. I'm not looking for a good game at all in these. Just some subgenre tourism.

Anyway doesn't matter now because my wife got home and she's jamming zelda. I never play anything in the office and this laptop is a chromebook so that's out. I have my neo geo pocked here, though. Maybe have a bite of sonic. I've played a little but it's new to me. I've only got this thing and fixed it up in the last few months. I picked it up at a super potato in osaka. We had a great vacation so this thing is a souvenir, as well. I got this and a wonderswan. They both had fucked up faded old screens so I replaced those with backlit ones when I got back.

So right now I am playing nothing. Just got armored core chillin there for when I'm ready to jump back in.

-Zelda-

Banned
Nothing currently, sadly. Too many things going wrong in my fam and other issues to even be able to think about playing games right now. Not to mention the rest of the chaos in the world as of now also making things difficult. Hoping things get better soon, not just for myself, either. I hope everyone in here is having a really good time with everything that they are playing. God bless ya.

Majormaxxx

For some reason I remembered the old FEAR games. I played FEAR 1 in 2013 on my PS3 (by mistake - didn't know that this is the worst port).

So this month I finished FEAR 2, FEAR 3, FEAR 2 Reborn and now playing FEAR 1 again. All on my 360 which I recently brought back to life. After FEAR 1 I am playing the two expansions. All three games have their individual pros and cons.

Fear 1 is dated, but slow mo combat is best in it. Also the old school environments have their charm. Fear 2 has modern gameplay but something was lost. Fear 3 feels completely different. Still fun, but more disjointed and with different vibe..

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
PS5: Callisto Protocol, FF16, Kena, Ghost of Tsushima, Ragnarok, Death Stranding.
XSX: Jedi Survivor, Cocoon, Armored Core VI, Forza, CP2077, Starfield, Halo Infinite.

Bout to drop everything for Spidey.
I really don't understand how can anyone play more than one game at a time, It is pretty impressive

I really don't understand how can anyone play more than one game at a time, It is pretty impressive
I suspect the games aren’t played on a regular basis. For example, I am currently “playing”:
  • Sea of Stars
  • Pokemon Legends
  • Immortals of Avenum
  • Octopath Traveler
  • The Messenger
  • Baldur‘s Gate 3
  • Harvestella
I consider all of these to be my current games, yet I’ve only actually played three of them this week. However, they all are on my mind and get played sometimes. This week, the three games I play may not be the same as last week, but they will be from this list.

and yeah, Spider-Man 2/Mario Wonder will immediately join the list!

reektann

Started Jedi Survivor on PC since it has been patched out the arse and has DLSS now. Seems to run pretty well now on a 4090 with dlss and frame generation at 4k

The map sizes are really impressive and the HDR implementation is very nice on a big OLED. Having fun so far; ignoring the random beards I found in chests though.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
This weekend I've played several demos, all of them enjoyable in their own way:
  • Crymachina
  • Star Ocean The Second Story R
  • Ghostrunner 2
  • The Talos Principle 2
  • Europa
I'm also a few hours in on the recent PS5 release of Star Rail.

march-7th-star-rail.gif

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Medievil remaster for some haloween fun.

Game is so basic, I wish I had kept it in the nostalgia bank in my brain, as I’m going to have to go for the platinum now I’m nearly done with it and it’s not terribly fun. I understand I don’t have to, I just have terrible OCD and if a platinum is attainable with a bit of effort I’ll go for it. It’s good fun but damn, it really shows how much games have advanced in 20 years in terms of gameplay and mechanics. Stating the obvious there. Spyro and crash remakes are infinitely better than this.

Crayon

OOOOOKAY.

I was looking for a pallete cleanser from armored core for the weekend like I was talking about above. After bouncing off of miles, I went to look for anthying interesting I could find from the ps sub. Both the catalog and my length list of monthly games. I wasn't looking to play any games I've boutght. I just wanted to check some stuff out.

The catalog has tons of low-rent jrpgs. I tried nights of azure. Not something i'm going to get into but, I can totally see why people love these. Even if they are mediocre, it's like a comfort food. Reminds me of a ps2 game.

But but but. I tried out spellforce 3 and I got sucked in almost immediatly . I played a lot yesterday. It's like a crpg but the gameplay is that of an rts. WOW. Super fun. I'm playing the ps5 version and the image quality is a little anoying. There is lots of foliage in the game and it's a bit crawly. I played enough to come up with some other nitpicks too, but forget those for now. This game is a GEM. If you aren't afraid of some full pc game-like complexity all crammed on to a controller, maybe give this one a shot. It's got a crash course intro that might take about an hour until you are creating your character so know that if you are going to sample it.

Too early to have any overarching verdict on the game but if you have the ps sub and enough free time then consider checking it out if you like crpgs and rts.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Starfield

Modded the fuck out of it, being a space pirate and don't give a fuck.

Old people, innocent people, disabled people, cats, dogs, trees IDGAF! Everyone getting it and we doing "No Russian Mission COD" ON EVERYONE! Ran up on a ship after saving them from Pirates, boarded that shit and UNALIVED EVERYONE! LOL I drop Sara off at the Lodge on the Atlantis City and then go to space to do hood rat shit.

My parents in the game think I'm this angel, bruh...NO ONE leaving them ships alive. Every choice I have in the game to rob, kill, betray...thats the choice I'm making. We not doing no second playthrough for this shit, we doing the evil playthrough right off bat.

Fuck em lol

TRjLWgm.jpg
TrfOZSj.jpg

SMFH, he don't even know how many people I put down with that gun he gave me. I'm out here doing Dateline ID shit, 20/20 shit to people, Lester Holt deadass narrating my life 100%

z49RUZ7.jpg

Killed some pirates in zero-g, I was more pirate then them

53697461.jpg

shaddam

Far cry games were leaving ps plus so I played Far Cry 4 and 5. 5 is brilliant. Yesterday I finished New Dawn, I enjoyed it till the end... I hate forced rpg gimmicks, I had to grind hours to upgrade my weapons, because they were doing nothing against the twins... Currently I am playing Blood Dragon, I played it on ps3 before, it aged perfectly. Shame there is no Red Dragon 2

Top Bottom