• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

reektann

Played through Cocoon on series x on Gamepass.

Superb puzzler with some really cool and clever ideas. I was so into it I almost did the entire thing in one session as it was a nice tight 6 hours for me. Great game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm trying to S rank missions in AC6 in my NG+ run and some of them so god damn tricky to get S rank.

• Strength
Reactions: Isa

sedg87

Separate Ways
Finished. Enjoyed it very much. Probably the strongest DLC I've played in recent years.

Dead Space Remake
Amazing experience. Just about a perfect remake. Will definitely play new game+ in the future

Think I'll play The Medium next. Trying to play lots of horror games this spooky season.

Paltheos

Final Fantasy VI PR
Time for me to finish my run through the Pixel Remasters. Just reached the Returners' Hideout. First faint was on Mt. Koltz from overconserving mana - Locke was killed by a plant. Tragic.
Also, apparently Edgar is a son of a sandworm.

Crayon

I tried Dishonored (Dishonoured) and while it was very fun at first, I got fed up with it after about eight hours.

I grew sick of and fed up with the setting (the plague is pretty annoying), and it feels like your path is set pretty early on.

The facial designs are plain ugly. Painful to look at.

I've given up on it and very much doubt I'll go back.

I tried it last year and a this was precisely my experience. I had been looking forward to it for awhile.

I'm now playing armored core 6 and it's glorious.

Trying to finish up certain things because we are going to start BG3 together for the holiday breaks.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I bought Resident Evil 2 Deluxe edition for $12 dollars because it's October and I'm susceptible to online discourse.

Mother of God what have I done?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Nearing the end of Lies of P. I think I have a few more "acts" left. What a fantastic game.

Started playing Unpacking today. Nice simple and relaxing game, but I can't do more than one level in a row without it getting repetitive.

geary

Right now i have enough till end of year
1.CP77…finished the campaign 100%, going through Phantom Liberty
2. BG3…just reached Act3
3. Elden Ring…just reached Lyndell
4 Starfield…just met Andreja
5. Diablo 4
6. Anno 1800
7. Satisfactory

Paltheos

More Final Fantasy VI PR. Played up through the opera.

Celes' recruitment scene seemed off, and I realized what changed is that the guard doesn't beat the shit out of her. He just tells her to shut up when she talks back (which was preceded and followed by punches in the original) before sternly warning her that her execution will be tomorrow. Then he leaves the room and she just collapses for no discernible reason. The whole thing is weak.

What isn't weak is that Cyan doesn't suck. His samurai skills are off that timer bar from the original and are selectable directly from a menu. Part of the reason I decided to ditch Edgar and Sabin for the trip from Narshe through Magitek for the first time ever and replace them with him and Gau. Quadra Slash a.k.a. Flurry for Cyan is reliable damage, and for Gau I'd picked up a few Rages from the Veldt to get him going and he's been pretty strong. I got a couple monster Rages with tier 2 elemental spells (before even getting magicite period), but the ones I've been using the most are Bomb (Blaze is great damage solo or multiple) and Stray Cat (Cat Scratch is my highest damage attack; it spiked at 2.4k damage against the Zozo boss!). Edgar or Sabin would still probably be a good pick over Cyan because he's still not great, but at least now he doesn't feel worse in every scenario (his single target damage is good).

Last edited:
Forza Motorsport/Jedi Survivor. Star Wars does some things really well but it feels jankier than the first. Combat is much easier on the second hardest diffuculty compared to first. Anyone play Remnant 2 and is it worth $40? Thanks

Dazraell

I've got up to the first quests of Phantom Liberty in Cyberpunk. I'm also playing Dungeon Siege III and The Reckoning expansion for Quake II alongside

Duchess

Little Nightmares 2.

Not a difficult game, and more of the same if you've played the first. However, the chase sequences are definitely the weakest part of it. Multiple issues with camera angles, the character's speed and agility, and the extremely unforgiving nature of those parts.

sedg87

Elden Ring
I've been pulled back in. Not sure what build to go with this time. Never used a scythe before so maybe a build utilising that. Just running around, collecting seeds, and trying to remember where the early cool stuff is!

BouncyFrag

Still playing Jedi Survivor and I really like it. It’s set in the Rogue One era of Star Wars and the main campaign is built around High Republic lore and, unlike most SW content these days, is actually interesting.

Just finished Lies of P and I enjoyed every second of it! I'm currently playing RE4 Remake. It's a great game, but I'm still thirsting for some souls-like. This will hold me over until Friday when Lords of the Fallen is released.

AndrewRyan

Decided I was never going to finish Rollerdrome with the default settings. It's too difficult and I never really bought into the game's objective systems. Made some heavy tweaks to the assist settings and now I'm enjoying it again and will probably finish this week. It's such an interesting concept mixing tony hawk, shooting and bullet-time but I feel there's a much better game trapped in there.

Started Psychonauts 2 again since I never finished and omg the platforming hits some serious lows in one of the brain sections. Now I remember why I stopped playing.

hinch7

Near enough finishing up through Cyberpunk 2077's main story again for a replay. Just about to jump in on Phantom Liberty. Played it on launch a few years ago and kinda forgot how good the game is/was. Made even better with fixes, additions and graphics overhaul. Also helps to have good enough hardware to do it justice (only played on lowly 1070 before).. games a bea-ut!

Last edited:

kunonabi

In addition to dragonball the breakers I'm playing texas chainsaw massacre and cyberpunk. Oh and my hero ultra rumble or more accurately shitty third person shooter battle royale #782934. I really hope the new modes are actually interesting and that they learn how to balance characters properly.

Paltheos

More Final Fantasy VI PR. Played up through the sealed cave.

Brought the same crew through the Magitek Factory. MVP was the 'Ghost' Rage for usually drawing Thundara on the whole enemy team.

Picked up Mog and ran the round-the-world circuit required to pick up Water Rondo Harmony.

Trained on the Veldt a bit too since I wanted more spells but didn't want to gain levels. Then I filled up holes in my bestiary including trying to down Intangir. As it turns out, he's really tough without Vanish/Doom to instantly merc him. I tried Stops + Rasp/Osmose to burn through his 16k MP to prevent him from Meteor countering and his final attack, but as it turns out his AI is bugged and gets caught in a recursive loop of Meteor counter-->Not enough MP-->Meteor counter softlocking the game. Lame. I decided to come back later.

Sealed Cave I remember being challenging but without power leveling it's harder than I remember. The undead are really beefy, and the Outcasts in particular are a problem because Lifeshave is Drain by another name and can instantly kill anyone on my team. Resources were the real problem, as fighting them conventionally was difficult, and I was running out of mana for Raises and of Phoenix Downs to insta-kill them. I'd switched up my team a little though and had Sabin with me and noticed Aura Cannon OHKO everything so I just... let him do all the work.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Gold Member
Desperados 3 on Series X.
Really enjoying it so far.
I'm rubbish at real time tactics stuff, but I'm really getting to grips with this because of the solid mechanics and decent tutorials.
On recommendation of fellow Gaffers, I'm blasting through the Campaign in Titanfall 2.
Loving it.
Hope the rumours of a third coming are true.
A worthy alternative to the stagnating Halo and long in the tooth Destiny.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Taking a break from Starfield and deciding to play Forspoken on the PS5.
Bought it back in June when PSN had it on sale for $35. My curiosity got the best of me on this one.

That intro area was painful to watch and play. However, as the game is slowly opening up (and turning the cuff banter all the way down), it isn't the worst game I've played. Definitely not perfect, but definitely playable and some fun to be had.

Decided I was never going to finish Rollerdrome with the default settings. It's too difficult and I never really bought into the game's objective systems. Made some heavy tweaks to the assist settings and now I'm enjoying it again and will probably finish this week. It's such an interesting concept mixing tony hawk, shooting and bullet-time but I feel there's a much better game trapped in there.

Started Psychonauts 2 again since I never finished and omg the platforming hits some serious lows in one of the brain sections. Now I remember why I stopped playing.
Rollerdome is one of those games I really wanted to love. It has a ton going for it that is my shit. Something just doesn't add up for me and it didn't click. Dropped it after three hours of dicking around I think, I didn't have the patience.

Desperados 3 on Series X.
Really enjoying it so far.
I'm rubbish at real time tactics stuff, but I'm really getting to grips with this because of the solid mechanics and decent tutorials.
On recommendation of fellow Gaffers, I'm blasting through the Campaign in Titanfall 2.
Loving it.
Hope the rumours of a third coming are true.
A worthy alternative to the stagnating Halo and long in the tooth Destiny.
Desperados III and Shadow Tactics are both excellent games but have a pretty steep learning curve. I've beaten both on Hard mutiple times and the key is mastering the games' "chain" systems early on. Forgot what they call it again but in Shadow Tactics it was Shadow Mode I think. Showdown Mode? These games are crazy fun in Hard Mode as well unlike some games that just sponge enemies.

sedg87

Elden Ring
Beat up Margitt and that Godfrey fella. My blackflame scythe build seems okay. Might respec and go for a Belmon inspired whip build later.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Probably start Quake ll Remaster shortly. Otherwise, been playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to calm down at night.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Just started The Quarry. Just like your typical horror movie I’m already shaking my head at these dolts.

Edit: Are you kidding? My pussy ass boyfriend is going to just sit on the steps while I have to go searching an area where I know there’s some nasty shit waiting for me?? I don’t wanna go. Can’t we just leave? Damn you developers!!

Last edited:
Elden Ring
Beat up Margitt and that Godfrey fella. My blackflame scythe build seems okay. Might respec and go for a Belmon inspired whip build later.
I tried several whip builds and even tried a dual whip build, but they fizzled out in Lyndell. Still love using Magma Whip on horseback, but that is about all I could do with it. Startup speed is too slow and the stagger is practically nonexistant for on foot engagements. Do let me know if you can make it work as I would love to reexperience my Dark Souls II whip build glory in Elden Ring.

Last edited:

blue velvet

bm4Srn3.png

I'm replaying RDR2 for the second time. This time with mods.

Zheph

Just did a couple of endings in Phantom Liberty it was indeed a very good DLC

Playing Chants of Sennaar now and I am enjoying it

Tempted by Lords of the Fallen next...

Fabieter

Just did a couple of endings in Phantom Liberty it was indeed a very good DLC

Playing Chants of Sennaar now and I am enjoying it

Tempted by Lords of the Fallen next...

Would you say I have to play the main game again or can I straight go to the addon

Fabieter

You can go straight into it, I am sure you remember whats going on in the game regarding V and Silverhand

Ofc its the main draw of the main game :D. Well I might do a rub in December I dont know if I can make it earlier but if I don't need to do a fresh run I might.

Zheph

Ofc its the main draw of the main game :D. Well I might do a rub in December I dont know if I can make it earlier but if I don't need to do a fresh run I might.
I did another full run because why not but you will be fine without, enjoy man

Zheph

I was thinking of doing the same - are there specific m

Did you do the full run to the end then the dlc? Trying to think of the best way of doing it as it’s been 3 years since I played through.
The DLC is before the end you can access it after the
Evelyn Parker questline

So in my case I did everything in the base game until point of no return if you remember it
Meeting Hanako in Embers
and went to do the DLC

(How do you guys do the blurred spoiler instead of this?)

reektann

The DLC is before the end you can access it after the
Evelyn Parker questline

So in my case I did everything in the base game until point of no return if you remember it
Meeting Hanako in Embers
and went to do the DLC

(How do you guys do the blurred spoiler instead of this?)
Got you - that’s really handy. Thank you.

blue velvet

I was thinking of doing the same - are there specific m

Did you do the full run to the end then the dlc? Trying to think of the best way of doing it as it’s been 3 years since I played through.
You mean mods that I've been using? The mods that I've installed are
Immersive Scenarios
Dog Companion
Longer Days
More Persistent Weather
Ped Damage Overhaul
Stash the Lantern
Cut Dialogue Restoration
Basic Needs
High Resolution Hair Texture

I didn't install any graphics mods because the game looks amazing as it is. And those reshade lighting mods basically just ruin the color and black level of the image. They all suck.

Cynical_Aries

Gold Member
Atomic Heart, I didn't make it through the intro the first time. But, I gave it another shot, and I'm enjoying it. I know a lot of people hate it, but I'm having fun.

I'm just finishing up Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on GBA. It's been one of my favorite games in the series so far. I've run through six GB and GBA Castlevanias since the start of summer this year.

I just finished Starfield, at least for the time being, 435 hours in. I'll play it again in the future when it's been expanded upon.

I've moved on to Forza Motorsport which was my third most anticipated game after Zelda and Starfield. So far, it's been pretty depressing overall. While Starfield fell short in some pretty important areas and was disappointing in many ways, Forza is actually leaving me in a rut. Racing games are my favorite genre by far and I've been playing the Forza series a lot over the past 15 years or so. I have thousands and thousands of hours in the series and always enjoy them as they hit a sweet spot between arcade and sim that allows me to kick back and not take the racing so seriously. it still gives me a bit more to focus on than the rolling rave party the Horizon games have become. This game plays really well but after six years I was expecting T10's best game ever by a long shot. This is half the game FM4 was. Honestly for the time even Forza Motorsport 5, which famous for its lack of content, felt like a more complete experience. I'll keep going with it, but I can't see hitting near the hours I spent in past FM titles, it needs a lot of work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom