• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

sedg87

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
I've had this in my GOG library for ages and never really played it. I played for around two hours and really enjoyed it.

Demon's Souls
Decided to hold off on another playthrough of Elden Ring and instead play this. I bought it at release alongside the PS5 but never finished it. Just beat the Tower Knight fellow or whatever he's called. So that's 1-1 and 1-2 done.

amigastar

I've had this in my GOG library for ages and never really played it. I played for around two hours and really enjoyed it.
Wait until you get to the Ocean House Hotel, one of the best classical scary stuff i've played
Do you have the unofficial community patch installed?

Last edited:

WoJ

Playing Guardians of the Galaxy. Not the Telltale game, the other one. Gun game so far with some chaotic combat. I'm not sure if the combat is actually good, but it is fun. Up next will be the Callisto Protocol DLC.

Isa

Fear and Hunger, Forza Motorsport, World of Horror on PC waiting for it to be loaded up on PSN & EShop. Been bouncing between a few game waiting for my most anticipated.

sedg87

Wait until you get to the Ocean House Hotel, one of the best classical scary stuff i've played
Do you have the unofficial community patch installed?

I'm currently in the hotel. Wasn't prepared for it to be quite so scary and tense! Really enjoying the game so far.

Not sure. Just downloaded it through the GOG client and away I went.

Fbh

GOW Ragnarok.

It's very "more of the same" but it's fun. I really like the combat and level design, and the side content has been solid. Also while it doesn't have the best visuals it runs really nice on PS5, good image quality and mostly runs in the 70-85 fps range in the unlocked mode which is nice with VRR.

Like many Sony games though I feel like the story stuff sort of gets in the way, some times I just want to fight and explore but you are put into these lengthy story sequences of characters walking and talking. I actually think the game is at its best in the more open areas where you are left free to tackle side content without being interrupted by story sequences.

Also not a fan of the depiction of Thor As far as I know, in norse mythology he is supposed to be a fun, drunk musclehead. Here he's a depressed recovering alocholic

Last edited:

swaffles23

Been collecting a ton of PS3 games over the past few weeks.

Played through COD4 for the first time since the game released.. still a very good campaign.

Currently playing Spec Ops The Line and probably gonna play Tales of Xillia next

Dazraell

I just finished Cyberpunk with Phantom Liberty expansion and Dungeon Siege III with Treasures of the Sun dlc

Cyberpunk was a pure joy to play, I loved every minute of it. Definitely a game that I will revisit in the future. Dungeon Siege III was very uninspired and boring, but oddly enough, quite enjoyable to play on Steam Deck

As for titles I'm currently playing, I've started playing Max Payne 1 on Steam Deck and Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War on PS5

Max Payne is a game I've completed so many times in the past that I still remember most of it. I'm curious how Remedy will approach the remake as honestly the game has some odd choices that made sense 20+ years ago, but may not work in modern games

And Black Ops Cold War... That one so far is a pleasant surprise. I was aiming to play a shorter game as a palate cleanser after Cyberpunk and was expecting more of your regular CoD shooty shooty bang bang type of game. And instead I got a quite solid spy thriller that heavily utilise the Cold War setting with a good balance between combat, stealth and exploration. Beside combat, the game also has optional stealth segments, side missions, choices impacting the game, fun puzzles with decrypting data, arcade cabinets with playable minigames from 80s, the hub where you can talk with companions, and an interesting premise where you can't trust no one. It feels very fresh in comparison to some of the other CoD campaigns I've played

Don't judge. I got sucked back into wow classic. I'm having a blast trying to gear up through the beta dungeons. I don't really have time to raid, so it's an interesting system blizzard has created to make the game fun for non raiders.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I already finished with Armored Core VI and also finished with replay on original Alan Wake + 2 DLC episodes....Now all I can do is wait until Alan Wake 2 gets released.

Finally got to try Disco Elysium since it showed up on PS+. Went in totally blind and at first I din't think I'd like it, but wow, what an rpg! It's not like any other game I've ever played. Not everyone will appreciate a game like this, and it takes a lot of patience but it's well worth it imo.

engstra

Finished Callisto Protocol and I enjoyed it quite a lot. It has a lot of issues and loses its way in the last third which brought down my overall feelings of it but much better than I expected. Not particularly scary but atmospheric as hell, and ridiculously good looking (especially when stepping outside).
Feel like people have shat on this game more than it deserves on this forum.

sedg87

Don't Knock Twice
Going through my backlog to complete some horror games and I remember I bought this for PSVR and never finished it. Finished it in around an hour and thought it was decent enough. Mostly jumpscares and plenty of walking about.

Finished the hotel section. It was a bit scarier than I expected, to be honest.

Demon's Souls
Killed the spider boss and the adjudicator.

Still trying to think about what games to play over Halloween. Might go for Alien Isolation and replay The Quarry.

How come nobody warned me how bad Bloodborne's graphics are? It's really difficult to look at anything in this game, even the menus are ugly. I heard about the framerate but not about this. Now I understand the obsession with people asking for a remaster.

Having fun so far. Had an easier time with Cleric Beast than I expected, but a much more difficult time navigating considering I can barely tell what anything is and what you can interact with.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
How come nobody warned me how bad Bloodborne's graphics are? It's really difficult to look at anything in this game, even the menus are ugly. I heard about the framerate but not about this. Now I understand the obsession with people asking for a remaster.

Having fun so far. Had an easier time with Cleric Beast than I expected, but a much more difficult time navigating considering I can barely tell what anything is and what you can interact with.

Eh the Graphics are fine

But I have always been a gameplay first type of guy

BouncyFrag

I finished Jedi Survivor and while I generally liked the improvements over the first game, the antagonists felt flat, and it didn’t have the pop of
Lord Vader showing up wrecking everything while slowly pursuing you to the games ending.

The fancy planet at the end Survivor also disappointed.
Now back to Cyberpunk and the first Dragon Age game.

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I finished Jedi Survivor and while I generally liked the improvements over the first game, the antagonists felt flat, and it didn’t have the pop of
Lord Vader showing up wrecking everything while slowly pursuing you to the games ending.

The fancy planet at the end Survivor also disappointed.
Now back to Cyberpunk and the first Dragon Age game.

Which system did you play this on?

I played this on PC and Boy there were so many bugs and framerate issues

xandaca

Just 100%'d the first two worlds of Super Mario Wonder. I was hesitant about it going in but have enjoyed it quite a bit more than expected and the art style, which I found a bit off-putting in the trailers, is much more agreeable when you're actually playing. The controls are as tight as they've ever been, the levels have been consistently enjoyable (well, except for the 'Search Party' stages, which are dreadful, but I've only found two of them to date) and while it doesn't do anything revolutionary or much that hasn't been done in a Mario game before, the strong level design allied with the personality of the extra animations make it a better version of NSMBU, a very good game let down but its depressingly hollow-eyed art. It's not yet up to the inflated review scores it has been getting - as mentioned, it doesn't really do anything new, the new power-ups are a dull bunch, the flower coins are abundant to pointlessness (I've effectively had the 999 maximum since very early in W2) and so far it's been the same boss at the end of both worlds, neither time very interesting - but so far it is, simply, a very good 2D Mario game, which is perfectly fine by me.

Before then, I'd plugged my OG Wii back in and had been playing through Eternal Darkness (Gamecube). The atmosphere is as dense as ever and the storytelling and art style are incredible engaging, more than compensating for the gameplay being rather basic and all the levels taking place in four repeated environments (altered, yes, but still well-trodden ground each time). The magic(k) system is also hilariously broken and makes you near invulnerable thanks to a rapidly refilling magic meter and the ability to spam healing/shield spells. All that said, the game's personality and atmosphere are so potent that its flaws don't matter all that much. It could have done with a sequel to polish its enormous potential - though the less said about the aborted Kickstarter sequel, the better - but remains an extremely immersive experience despite being the rather basic game underneath. Also, ULYAOTH is really fun to say in that deep, sinister spell-casting voice.

Mortisfacio

Hopping between D4 Season 2 and Starfield, hoping one will catch my focus, but just kind of playing to play right now. Might switch to Lies of P.

Eh the Graphics are fine

But I have always been a gameplay first type of guy

I typically don't care, and I understand it was a launch window PS4 game. Might have something to do with the art direction that makes it really difficult to tell what you can interact with and what is a fixed part of the environment. It's very busy and kinda gives me a headache. Fun game otherwise, I am excited to square up against Papa G.

Platinumed Returnal on Oct. 19. (finally! after 2 years of playing!)

Started Spider-Man 2 on Oct. 20. So awesome!

That's a LOT of Returnal to be playing, in order to max everything out and collect all the logs. Congrats! Awesome game. I may go back one day, but finishing the Tower of Sisyphus was enough for me to put it down for a long while.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That's a LOT of Returnal to be playing, in order to max everything out and collect all the logs. Congrats! Awesome game. I may go back one day, but finishing the Tower of Sisyphus was enough for me to put it down for a long while.
lol yes. It was my favorite game of 2021, and I absolutely love it. It's one of those games that I just can't uninstall from my PS5, and I keep coming back to it after every few days and weeks.

The Xenoglyphs Ciphers' RNG almost broke me though, and I never could get those last couple of trophies, until I got lucky last week.

Banjo64

cumsessed
COD MW2 while waiting for the next splatfest
Team Skeleton for life - chosen by my 4 year old :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm addicted to NMS. Chilling, exploring, mining, upgrading, questing, fighting, and being surprised at all the "Now you can do this" that the game throws at you. I spent £20 on this and I foresee 100 hours at bare minimum.
I’ve just picked it up as well for £20, fun chilled game. The interplanetary travel is what I’ve been missing, reminds me of my dreams for Star Wars Battlefront 3.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Don't judge. I got sucked back into wow classic. I'm having a blast trying to gear up through the beta dungeons. I don't really have time to raid, so it's an interesting system blizzard has created to make the game fun for non raiders.
is this some new feature not present in the original?

Dr.Morris79

Been buying all the latest games as of always but have gone back to redoing Red Dead 2 on the Series X. Still can't believe how good it is.

Been looking at it on the PC on them there swanky graphics cards via YouTube. I think I'm going to have to dust off the old PC building tools and get stuck in again. I need that. Been about fifteen years since I've built one from the ground up.

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Hopping between D4 Season 2 and Starfield, hoping one will catch my focus, but just kind of playing to play right now. Might switch to Lies of P.

Lol I was like season 2 of D4?

d4-dark-dreams-dont-die-cover.cover_300x.jpg

Did they add more trophies at some point? I played for about two weeks at launch and had everything except two of the logs. It didn’t feel like a “lot” of Returnal. One of the logs was bugged and never appeared. I remember they updated the game to fix that, but I never bothered to get it.

Did they add more trophies at some point? I played for about two weeks at launch and had everything except two of the logs. It didn’t feel like a “lot” of Returnal. One of the logs was bugged and never appeared. I remember they updated the game to fix that, but I never bothered to get it.

There are some Tower of Sisyphus trophies that were added post-launch. I didn't do the surveys because the later ones take so many attempts, and you need to clear each world multiple times to get to the later ones. Not that I didn't have fun while I was playing through, but I wasn't interested in continuing just to finish the surveys when I had seen everything else in the game prior to that.

RAIDEN1

Planet of Lana, even though it isn't the longest game in the world in theory certainly requires more time investment to get through, in terms of there have been times I have had to revert to YouTube to find a solution to the platform puzzles...

Top Bottom