• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
How was it? Contemplating this or that Jetsua game next
I'd recommend both. Both are $25. I bought them both because the quality was so high, and the price point was so good.

I played it when it came out and was kind of still lost and feeling it out. Then it finally clicked and I couldn't put it down. Hardcore puzzle fans may find it easy apparently, but I thought it was almost perfect. Some of the puzzles were extremely tricky, and I think I had to look up at least 4 of them. It does some stuff with puzzles and level design I've personally never seen in any game, ever.

Then out of nowhere, it also has 4 of the best bosses of the year. They're Nintendo style simple bosses and extremely polished, but they're all fantastic.

Art style is 11 out of 10.

Highly recommend it. You may be stumped at first with how cryptic it is, but stick with it.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The Talos Principle 2 is soooo good. I can't get enough of this game, I'm totally hooked. It's one of those games I can't stop playing, but also don't want it to end so I want to take my time. Same thing with the first one, when it was over I wanted more.

Talos Principle 2, then I get back to Alan Wake 2, then Super Mario Wonder, then Jusant are my next few games lined up. Still haven't put hardly any time into Starfield, I will eventually(assuming I like it when I get into it).

sedg87

Kingdom Hearts
Sealed the keyhole in Halloween Town.

Alan Wake 2
Just exploring Coffee World. Creepy. Some of the locations in this are amazing.

I ordered a copy of Hogwarts Legacy online. It'll arrive tomorrow and I'm quite excited to start it. I've seen all the Harry Potter movies, but I wouldn't label myself a huge fan or anything.

ikbalCO

Back to back, finished zelda totk, alan wake 2 and mario wonder.

Currently halfway through ac; mirage, after that dead space

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’m still squeezing the most out of Game Pass. I’m kinda looking forward to my free month ending so I can go back to my regularly scheduled library.

So for now….

Redfall
Sniper Elite 5
A Plague Tail Requiem: What a looker!
Powerwash Sim
Dead Space Remake

Naked Lunch

Star Fox [SNES original hardware]
Using a Brook Wingman to play this with a Series X controller on original SNES hardware - just sublime.
Hard to believe its been 30 years since this came out. It truly was a glimpse into the future of gaming right on your SNES. The game has this darker undertone and some real challenge baked in there that you dont often see from Nintendo - I always really appreciated it for that.
The memories replaying this after all these years is hard to describe - always loved this game...

Front Mission 1st [Series X]
Still have a playthru going - love the tone and atmosphere. The tactics end is a bit limited. The Amano portrait artwork is fantastic - but this game's modern console remake looks terrible compared to the SNES original. Its a good game but Im eager to get to the rest of the series. I have access to FM3, 4, and a translated 5.

Dodonpachi Saidaioujou [Xbox 360]
The weakest of the series but still ahead of most of the shmup genre. Loads to learn and discover here - barely scratched the surface even though Ive owned it for years.

Halo Infinite multiplayer [Series X]
Still playing here and there. Its not quite as good as the classics - but its still fun.
I hope the next game finally drops sprint. Just do it 343.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I am knocking some records out on Resident Evil 3 Remake for the unlockables. I absolutely love doing runs in this game. It never overstays its welcome and feels like an action blockbuster. At times it reminds me of the Resident Evil: Apocalypse film I really liked. Also has the best one liner in the series.

45EFA16C7EF62EDC0DADECCAA7B3ABC9C64D4890
That’s a fun short game.

RPS37

Playing the ever loving shit out of Spidey.
Finally got the special suit.
Been playing Halo Infinite, but I maxed out the battle pass so I’m starting the Fortnite Battle Pass.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I am still coming from finishing SM2 and MW3 campaigns. I am at the remaining quarter or less of Alan Wake 2. Man this game keeps surprising me. There are things I find annoying, but also.. I haven’t seen this type of creativity in a video game in a long time. Haven’t played much of Mario Wonder, but maybe I’ll dive into that towards the holidays. I went back to Dark Souls 3 again to finish the main campaign. I’ve finished it 6 or 7 times. I always say I’ll get the other endings, but I never do. I go straight for the DLC. I haven’t started Star Ocean on Steam yet. That’s a perfect game for the cold season.

Probably have to break for a bit to study for a certification exam, but overall it’s been fantastic.

Gandih42

Finally getting close to the end of Octopath Traveler 2, only one side quest remaining, got all jobs and most of the powerful gear. Before finishing, I want to load up my party on some of the more broken shit in the game (getting good beasts for breaking with Provoke Beasts with Ochette and all the powerful Learned Skills for Hikari).

Had no idea there was an actual
"Final Chapter" with all characters
in the game. Really a brilliant way improve on the first game and I'm already really digging where its going.

Also really close to finishing the story of Zelda ToTK. Once I'm done
lighting up the depths completely (almost done)
I'll visit a few other places I'm missing and do some of the more interesting side quests. Then probably (hopefully) I can make myself go fight the final boss and cap the game off.

Star Fox [SNES original hardware]
Using a Brook Wingman to play this with a Series X controller on original SNES hardware - just sublime.
Hard to believe its been 30 years since this came out. It truly was a glimpse into the future of gaming right on your SNES. The game has this darker undertone and some real challenge baked in there that you dont often see from Nintendo - I always really appreciated it for that.
The memories replaying this after all these years is hard to describe - always loved this game...

Front Mission 1st [Series X]
Still have a playthru going - love the tone and atmosphere. The tactics end is a bit limited. The Amano portrait artwork is fantastic - but this game's modern console remake looks terrible compared to the SNES original. Its a good game but Im eager to get to the rest of the series. I have access to FM3, 4, and a translated 5.

Dodonpachi Saidaioujou [Xbox 360]
The weakest of the series but still ahead of most of the shmup genre. Loads to learn and discover here - barely scratched the surface even though Ive owned it for years.

Halo Infinite multiplayer [Series X]
Still playing here and there. Its not quite as good as the classics - but its still fun.
I hope the next game finally drops sprint. Just do it 343.

M2 Shottrigger port of DDP:Daioujou coming out in Dec on Japanese storefront! Going to be amazing and the best version.

Naked Lunch

M2 Shottrigger port of DDP:Daioujou coming out in Dec on Japanese storefront! Going to be amazing and the best version.
That one has been a long time in the making.
Definitely one of the most difficult shmups of all time. I love how you go back to the same areas of the original DoDonPachi in one of the levels. Thats one of the rare ports that was pretty crappy on Xbox 360. The PS2 port was great though.

The shottriggers line is as good as it gets though. Very happy its releasing.

Labadal

I am playing Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role Playing Game. One of the better role playing games of the year. If you have heard of such blockbuster megahits as The Age of Decadence and Dungeon Rats, this is by the same developer. I have a pacifist run going for now, will do a combat focused run after.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Hogwarts Legacy
Played for around five hours and really, really enjoyed it. Not a huge Harry Potter fan or anything; I've watched all the movies once but never read the books. Almost everything is pretty simplistic from the gear to the combat and I quite like that.

Huge fan of the books

Let's just say I was there from the beginning, the fanbase annoy the hell out of me though

I got the game recently off a Steam sale. I'll be playing this next year

Dazraell

I'm continuing my Remedy marathon and making progress on Control. Similarly as with Quantum Break, this is my first playthrough. I just finished 7th mission and started completing some side quests.

Overall, it's quite surprising how big departure it is from their other games. Tonal shift is similar how I felt while going from Max Payne to Alan Wake. Control is a very different game, much more focused on environmental storytelling and Metroidvania-inspired gameplay loop. The setting of The Oldest House is definitely a highlight. While there is a lot recycled environments, more than I would like, I still felt captivated by the lore behind this building and seeking notes and recordings about daily work of FBC agents and various AWE events they have encountered. I wasn't fully sold on a main protagonist though, especially after finishing Quantum Break and found her as quite bland. The same actress played in both games and honestly I much enjoyed her role as Beth Wilder over Jesse Faden.

Last edited:

Barakov

Just beat The Legend Of Zelda : Breath Of The Wild after 6 years. Immediately ordered Tears Of The Kingdom And The Strategy Guide. I'll see you people in 2029.

Hope you enjoy it.

I'm tempted to pick the books up. I told myself a few weeks ago that I'd like to start reading more, so it feels almost like fate haha.
The game is basically a fans wet dream.
It’s not perfect but the attention to detail when it comes to world building is insane. It’s one of the few games where I explored just for the sake of seeing everything. Didn’t even mind it there was something relevant to find. The level design is top notch.

sedg87

The game is basically a fans wet dream.
It’s not perfect but the attention to detail when it comes to world building is insane. It’s one of the few games where I explored just for the sake of seeing everything. Didn’t even mind it there was something relevant to find. The level design is top notch.

Aye, agree. I'm currently playing it as I type this; I've just done the herbology quest and now I'm making my way to potion class. Still absolutely loving it. Enjoying it so much it might be tied for my GOTY.

mansoor1980

playing the lords of the fallen reboot , art style and setting is great , runs well on my PC too , but the umbral realm/siphon mechanics feel complicated to me.
i can forgive the floaty feel of the gameplay but the game throws too many confusing mechanics at you at once.

Last edited:

Anthonyt

And why or why not would you recommend someone else to play it?

Please do not post unmarked spoilers.

I am currently playing Wolfenstein 2 on Xbox One X.

I would recommend playing it. It has surprised me with great storytelling and a mature but coherent plot. The visuals are stunning to me, and it is loaded with interesting personalities. Off the wall but good.

I do not recommend it if younger. The game is very mature in its themes and plots. This is definitely not a game for younger, not matured kids.

RDR2 and SF6!

Been playing Flatout 4, not the best in the series, but still a fun, zany racing game for people that like old-school racing game career modes. I bought it quite a ways back and probably payed more than I should have for it, it is like $5/$8 now depending on platform.

If you like the old Flatouts or Speed Devils and games like that, I think it is worth the discount price.

Came back to Valkyrie Elysium after dropping it shortly after it initially released. I have no real strong feelings for it. It's an okay game I of course would have preferred something that played more like the first 2 games. Enjoying it just enough that I will finish it this time but I'm getting the urge to really Start the Final Fantasy II pixel remaster.

Reactions: stn

pxlwrld

Neo Member
Been playing Star Wars Jedi: Survivor via EA Play on PC. Got a new GPU (RTX 4080) and monitor, so this game has been somewhat of a benchmark for me, now that it's been around for a while and patched up.

I've really enjoyed my playthrough - It's been a pleasant return to the Star Wars franchise for me, which I've been falling out of passion with since Disney took over - with exceptions like Rogue One and Andor.

Production values are top notch and gameplay (for the most part) is really tight and enjoyable. It's also a visual tour de force - both in game and cinematic. I've been downsampling the game from 4K to 3440x1440p via Nvidia DSR on my AW3423DWF with a couple of mods that fix both performance and stability. It's just a really gorgeous game.

I don't understand the mediocre ratings it's been getting. It's the best Star Wars IP in gaming since Jedi Knight II for me. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

King Dazzar

Finally finished GoW Ragnarok. I'm really glad of the experience, but at the same time, ever so glad its finished - it went on too long for me personally. But it was so stunning in so many ways. I just got a little bored of the core gameplay loop. Really glad to have the memory but it will be a looooong time before I play it again.

Couldn't wait for a sale any longer. Had to buy Red Dead Redemption on PS4/PS5. I played through this a couple of years ago on XSX, which was 4k 30fps. This 60fps version, now with FSR is even better. I'm about 7hrs in and the experience has been flawless so far. Shame there's no HDR, but if you have a modern decent TV. You can artificially boost some aspects of the SDR. It holds up remarkably well. There are some bigger than ideal dead zones on the joysticks and some gameplay elements feel a little dated. But generally overall, its excellent. Well worth your time.

Field

Just finished Jusant 6/10. Looked nice but no fail states or sense of danger made the heights and vistas less impactful. It’s also one of these indie games that are sentimental and sappy without nailing it for me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Was hoping that I would be playing Star Ocean by now but apparently the mail doesn't deliver on Veterans day (yesterday), so now I have to wait till Monday, missed the weekend sigh.

stn

Came back to Valkyrie Elysium after dropping it shortly after it initially released. I have no real strong feelings for it. It's an okay game I of course would have preferred something that played more like the first 2 games. Enjoying it just enough that I will finish it this time but I'm getting the urge to really Start the Final Fantasy II pixel remaster.
I beat it this year, it was decent enough (and not too long). One day I'll go for the platinum.

Paltheos

Took a break from Chained Echoes to play some Risk of Rain Returns. My friends and I are huge RoR2 nuts so while we're waiting for the new DLC, we decided to check out the OG - remastered.

It kinda sucks. The biggest complaint we have is the mind-boggling choice to not revamp the controls to account for mice, or even, like, a simple revamp of the keyboard-only control layout to enable aiming. For some god unknown reason, in a game in which enemies can attack you from every direction, in Risk of Rain 1, you can only fire left or right. There are abilities that aim non-orthogonally, but these are on our automatic up-down swaying mechanism where you hit the fire button when you get the angle you want. In a super precise game like Risk of Rain, this is really unacceptable. It forces you to play much more defensively than you may like and you can get overwhelmed pretty easily from fast-moving, flying enemies in later stages. Some of the OG stages also kinda suck (the snow level in particular) and chests feel way too sparse, even on multiplayer.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well, wasn't expecting a double delivery today. I guess I can pop in the CoD campaign, beat it in less time than it takes to download it, and then do Star Ocean.

2tYIk94.jpg

King Dazzar

Planning on revisiting Far Cry 5 on XSX once I'm done with RDR on PS5. Thing is I want a new controller to liven it up. Bored of my Scuf, so getting a new Elite Series 2 delivered tomorrow (I've already owned them in the past) . But this time I'm dropping in metallic gold accessories and will be modding the triggers and bumpers with a brilliant grip texture I've already used for the dualsense edge. Its very thin, but grippy and self adhesive. I'm also dropping in custom swift paddles.

This will be probably be the 6th visit to Montana. But the new game+ can just keep increasing your perks numerous times.

Last edited:

amigastar

Just started looking for Tutorials for Frostpunk, i have it so long in my Steam Library but never really played it and i'm in the mood for a city builder strategy game.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Deflector: Fun little indy game where you deflect your own boomerang-like weapon and certain colored enemy projectiles. Sort of a bullet-hell/twin-stick/parry game.

Hot Wheels Unleashed: Download a 100% save file and enjoying a nostalgic trip down memory lane with many of my childhood cars. Almost as much fun as racing.

Alien: Isolation: Never finished on Switch and just re-started on Steam Deck. The atmosphere is still freakin' amazing.

Corian33

Age of Wonders 4

Picked it up since it was on sale with new DLC, decided to get everything. Absolutely happy with that decision. I think this is the most addicted I’ve been to a strategy game since XCOM 2. This puppy has it all. Civ style strategic map in a fantasy world, tactical battles against a pretty good AI, and so many RPG elements that are used masterfully. If you aren’t familiar, imagine Civilization but you can customize your civ to be a fantasy race, with almost every style you can imagine and a customized leader. It’s difficult to convey briefly here, but there are SO MANY options and they aren’t just flavor, they change how you’ll play the game. You can create lawful good humans lead by a noble paladin (boring), or an evil empire of rat people led by a dark wizard (more funner). The world you play in can also be customized to a similar extent. The game comes with a lot of interesting factions and worlds pre-made, but as you make your own and play the game they’ll show up in other matches, and you can unlock even more stuff. AND you can download what other people make, plus mods.

I could keep gushing, but it’s basically a strategy, tactics, and RPG all rolled into one with endless variety and more content rolling in, free and DLC. Plus an active Steam workshop.

Last edited:
Still playing Bloodborne. Beat the game and had a blast, then got lost in VaatiVidya's lore (SO GOOD) but then I realized the platinum trophy is actually achievable with a reasonable amount of effort!

...or so I believed prior to all of this chalice bullshit. Just finished the defiled chalice - what an insufferable stretch of gameplay. Those bosses that one shot you drove me absolutely nuts. Hopefully the worst is over, I only have one more to go.

Still loving the game overall. I get the praise and the calls for a remake.

killatopak

Gold Member
RE4R. Mopped up everything in the base game and separate ways. Maxed out all weapons, S+ on all difficulties, got all charms and S ranks in the shooting range.

Only thing left for me is completing the models list which requires mercenaries mode which I haven’t touched yet. I’ll probably put it off until I get an RE itch again.

In the meantime, I’ll probably go back and finish Chained Echoes which I stopped playing for some reason. Around the time when you go back to town after the sewers level. I keep hearing people recommending it and compared to Sea of Stars recently. Maybe it was the accessories breaking and being limited that put me off the game. I’m the kind of guy who buys everything and keeps at least one copy of each item even if I’m not gonna use it so consumable equipments kinda daunts me especially given how money in the game is scarce iirc.

Dazraell

I've finished Control and both DLCs. I already mentioned my impressions on Control, DLC is basically more of the same, which is not a bad thing per say. Alan Wake 1 had terrible DLCs that felt really subpar to the main game, I'm glad that both Foundation and AWE retained the quality of the main game. Both of them added some new lore to the game and obviously dropped some more and less vague teasers for Remedy's next game

Speaking of which, I'm currently playing Alan Wake II. I just finished the third chapter and I like it so far. Gameplay is much more refined, I really like the addition of the inventory, more open-ended areas and how different Saga's and Alan's segments feel. I barely started so it's way too early for any verdicts, but so far so good

Top Bottom