• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

AndrewRyan

Started and stopped playing Steelrising a few times due to its clunky feel and overall lack of polish. However there's a charm there that kept pulling me back and this time it clicked. Enjoying the weapon variety and rpg elements.

The thing that pushed it over the hump was enabling the mode where your loot isn't lost when you die. Now dying because of the controls or a bad hitbox isn't a big deal anymore. Sacrilege I know. It's easier than most of the souls-like games so less intense and more casual but still fun.

Last edited:

violence

Final Fantasy 7 (1998)- Playing with 7th Heaven mods and the controller from the PlayStation classic. I thought I wasted my money on the PlayStation classic but honestly, the controllers that came with it are usb and are useful for cases like this. I also like them for emulation of course. The 7 Heaven mods are just crazy. This AI shit is magic.

Majora’s Mask PC port - My first play through of this game back in the day, I beat it without ever receiving the notebook or the Deity Mask. A friend that I let borrow the game pointed that stuff out to me saying “you just barely beat the game”, but it really didn’t click till I played this PC port and just stumbled upon that notebook. This thing is useful! I think I was able to beat the game without the deity mask by using the bunny ears. It took many attempts. 😆 Also this game at 4k/120
o5VqA9A.gif

MacReady13

Currently playing 2 games- Zelda on Switch and as of this morning, Silent Hill 2 on PS5.

Zelda is wonderful. Love the controls. The different ways to interact with enemies and the environment. The game is just pure joy. It’s why I still, after around 35 years from getting my NES, truly do love Nintendo and the way they make games.

Silent Hill 2. Only an hour in but had to stop… bloody scary! Flashbacks to a time when I played the original on my PS2 and Xbox and would shit myself playing as a late teen alone in my room! This game is brilliant so far! They’ve nailed the atmosphere in terms of graphics but fuck me- Akira Yamaoka is the greatest when it comes to music/sounds! He immerses you completely into the game and it just takes me back to my younger self playing the original masterpiece. Phenomenal stuff.

reektann

Playing Zelda Echoes of Wisdom on the switch oled in handheld exclusively as if looks so good that way and has a real homely feel,

I play that until the battery is screaming it’s low then switch over to Tactical Breach Wizards on PC. Really fun and clever tactical but more of a puzzle game really. Amazing writing - I’ve sniggered many times.

MujkicHaris

Replaying Gothic 1.

One of the greatest RPG series and certainly in top 3 most immersive video games I've ever played. The "worst" thing about Gothic series is that, if you give it a chance, it will change your RPG palate so drastically that many mainstream "good" RPGs will suddenly look shallow and boring.

PGiD5IB.png

The Gothic Universe Edition (Gothic 1, Gothic II: Gold Edition, Gothic 3) is on sale. It's like 3,99€ until tomorrow, October 7th.

amigastar

Replaying Gothic 1.

One of the greatest RPG series and certainly in top 3 most immersive video games I've ever played. The "worst" thing about Gothic series is that, if you give it a chance, it will change your RPG palate so drastically that many mainstream "good" RPGs will suddenly look shallow and boring.

PGiD5IB.png

The Gothic Universe Edition (Gothic 1, Gothic II: Gold Edition, Gothic 3) is on sale. It's like 3,99€ until tomorrow, October 7th.

Dude, Gothic 1 and 2 are my favorite Rpgs. Masterpieces. Really curious about the Gothic 1 Remake.

MujkicHaris

Dude, Gothic 1 and 2 are my favorite Rpgs. Masterpieces.
I agree. In my case though, Gothic 3 is on the same plane as first two games, just because of its exploration and the beautiful world. It has a lot to offer. I think people will learn to appreciate the series even more in the future, given how dry and poor the situation with modern WRPGs is.

Really curious about the Gothic 1 Remake.
The Remake looks amazing in the visuals department, I only hope they don't ruin the original's heavy immersion with modern lazy designs like quest markers, ugly mini-maps or busy UI prompts everywhere. That would simply kill the game.

Last edited:

amigastar

I agree. In my case though, Gothic 3 is on the same plane as first two games, just because of its exploration and the beautiful world. It has a lot to offer. I think people will learn to appreciate the series even more in the future, given how dry and poor the situation with modern WRPGs is.

The Remake looks amazing in the visuals department, I only hope they don't ruin the original's heavy immersion with modern lazy designs like quest markers, ugly mini-maps or busy UI prompts everywhere. That would simply kill the game.
Is Gothic 3 really good? I've never played it for very long but i'm ready to try with community patch if its good.

MujkicHaris

Is Gothic 3 really good? I've never played it for very long but i'm ready to try with community patch if its good.
If your top priority in RPGs are super interesting quests, first two games did it a lot better and 3 might not be it. 3 changed the formula and the result is: there is a lot less of story and the focus is more on the exploration and doing your own thing. The world is huge and handcrafted, filled with details and things to interact with. In that sense, yes, it is very good and that's why I consider it to be super underappreciated.

xrnzaaas

I've replayed Hellblade 1 and that was disappointing. I remember enjoying my first playthrough 7 years ago, but since then my opinion of the game has worsened. Pretty much everything related to the gameplay is annoying me - the puzzles are repetetive and the perspective ones sometimes don't trigger properly, fighting 1 enemy is a piece of cake, fighting multiple enemies is frustrating because of how lock-on works in the game, exploration is far too linear and the game tends to waste my time with some backtracking (and Senua doesn't run fast enough).
I still enjoyed reminding myself what happened during Senua's story, same with the setting and the ending with the awesome music, but my hype to catch up and finally play Hellblade 2 is mostly gone.

StueyDuck

Deadspace remake... enjoying it alot but was expecting more visually, frostbite just isn't the big dog as it use to be.

Still fun though, dig the extra exploration

Mr Hyde

Been playing a lot of Tears of the Kingdom trying to finish it off. Im on the hunt for Master Word and arrived at the Deku Tree in the Great forest. This time around it had a different twist to it in how you get there, which was both refreshing and annoying, since it took a while for me to figure it out. This game is huge. Feels like I've been playing for an eternity and it just keeps going. Love it though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom