• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

EerieArcade

Silent Hill 2 Remake
I'm still in the Woodside apartments. Looking for the hands for the clock. This otherworld is really, really creepy.

The retailer I pre-ordered Metaphor Refantazio with has been short-stocked. Disappointed. Got a £10 voucher as an apology. Not the end of the world.

BouncyFrag

Still playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer on my XSS and starting my nth replay of Skyward Sword on Switch. I never thought I’d like SS but gave it a shot and absolutely love replaying it. It’s the perfect ‘comfort food of gaming’ for me. I still get big sad when…
You say goodbye to Fi at the end.
Great ost too.

Playing System Shock Remake on PS5.

The game feels faithful to the original whilst also giving it a QoL overhaul, making it accessible to more people curious enough to want to try the series, without having to overcome the original's archaic design choices. The game's easier to pick up and play which could be seen as a negative for the game. The original had a learning curve, whilst also dropping me into a world where I had no clue what I was doing, giving it that overall challenge that I must overcome. The remake strips that from the player for the sake of accessibility, which is good, but that feeling is gone...

Final Fantasy 8 remastered

Just started and I‘m already confused about the junction system. Tried to google some explanations but everytime I try to continue the game I feel even dumber than before.

I don‘t remember when I hit the age in which my attention span for game mechanics got worse than a 5 year olds. I‘m 35 and I don‘t understand a PS1 game, like wtf?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Final Fantasy 8 remastered

Just started and I‘m already confused about the junction system. Tried to google some explanations but everytime I try to continue the game I feel even dumber than before.

I don‘t remember when I hit the age in which my attention span for game mechanics got worse than a 5 year olds. I‘m 35 and I don‘t understand a PS1 game, like wtf?
You draw uses of magic from enemies or other sources. Then you equip those magic uses to various stats to make characters stronger. Using magic makes you a little weaker since it reduces the power of the junctioned stat, but you can always draw more magic.

Enemies level up with you, and this is crucial to know. If you’re not drawing a lot of magic and junctioning it, but you’re leveling up, the game can become extra difficult, so watch out. There is a summon early on with encounter none ability to manage your frequency of battles if you don’t want to level up.

Draw, draw, draw. And play triple triad, you get a lot from it.

Dafegamer

RE5 in co-op and it is so much worse than I remember.
Not as offensive as RE6 but to me it lacked RE "spirit" and felt more like Capcom take on Gears of War. RE4 was perfectly balanced and still inherited many things what made RE an RE game. RE5 stripped way too many things off in the RE DNA. Surprisingly, CO-OP with my brother was the saving grace for me.

Started playing Mutazione. It's a narrative 2D indie game in the vein of Night in the Woods or Oxenfree, but more "soap-opera" like, rather than horror/thriller mystery.

I've completed one day already... and I don't like it that much. It's dull. It's boring. It's too feel-good to me. There's no action whatsoever apart from "go talk to person X", "go bring me Y from location Z". There's a tacked-on mechanics of tending a garden, which is also not to my taste. The "mutants" from the title are cartoony characters.
Bought a physical copy from iam8bit. I'll say this: playing this "game" felt like what a eunuch would seek out and play (edit: the self-own just dawned on me :messenger_grinning_sweat:).

One of the NPC "quests" were you figuring out in the end that the married couple birthed a bastard child, while the woman who did the cheating tried her damnedest to rationalize it and brush it off like it was nothing. She literally got the baby daddy and the poor sod that married the bitch to join together and take care of their child. If there was ever a case for domestic violence, man... this takes the cake. The MC and the whole community was just supposed to play along with it.

Fucking pissed me off thinking about it; so much so, I'm thinking of either burning my copy as a sacrifice to the gods, or just sell it (which I never do).

0/10, fuck this gaeme

Last edited:
Metaphor and vampire survivors for me. I got the platinum the other day in vampire survivors and trying to clean up the optional stuff and DLC trophies. Its a pretty solid game, especially for the price, but something about it just doesn't fully click. The difficulty spikes are just odd. At first it seemed natural, you learn evaluations, better builds etc and just naturally get better at the game. Then it becomes too easy where I would literally have to try and lose to actually die and if I got full build it would sometimes be impossible lol. However, one of these DLC levels is just insane and I only max out at 30 mins if I pick a OP character.

I don't mind a challenge but I don't really understand why this came out of nowhere, even with it being dlc. Like every other level is ridiculously easy, any main story, secret levels the one DLC, and even putting all of those on inverse mode. Its like I figured out what the game is over the last 30ish hours and it just throws a curve ball. Still would recommend but maybe not so if your a trophy/achievement hunter. All of those are fairly easy to get but man is there a SHIT ton of them.

bender

What time is it?
Not as offensive as RE6 but to me it lacked RE "spirit" and felt more like Capcom take on Gears of War. RE4 was perfectly balanced and still inherited many things what made RE an RE game. RE5 stripped way too many things off in the RE DNA. Surprisingly, CO-OP with my brother was the saving grace for me.

We went through RE6 earlier this year. It was my first playthrough. It's one of the worst games I've forced myself to suffer through. RE5 is certainly better and I played through it a ton of times on 360. I'm just surprised at how much I've forgotten and how unfavorably I'm viewing the experience.

Top Bottom