• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

engstra

Platinumed Astrobot. Wow what a game, basically perfect. Easily the best game on the system.

I want to play more 3D platformers so might go for Tinykin, Psychonauts 2 or Hat in Time. Before that though I decided to play the original Timesplitters. It's a bit rough, and surprised that there is no plot whatsoever.

reinking

Gold Member
I have been trying to play the Atelier Ryza series on Switch but it gives me motion sickness.

i feel sick flu GIF

Time for some spooky games fellas. It's that time of year. Considering playing Castlevania: Rondo of Blood or doing Claire B run in RE2R. Or maybe RDR1 Undead Nightmare? Any opinions?

Went back to Wow Classic Era and started leveling another feral druid lol on Atiesh. The West Coast PVE cluster is kind of dead. I'm considering transferring to the East Coast PVE cluster but not sure how bad the lag would be. I guess I should make a random character and test it out. Otherwise my only other option is to go to Whitemane, which is super active but also a dumpster fire of high AH prices and GDKP runs. I'm also am not a fan of PVP. If anyone is still playing Classic Era and has any recommendations please let me know. I'm at level 33 and soloing instances and using leatherworking to get most of my gear.

I have been trying to play the Atelier Ryza series on Switch but it gives me motion sickness.

i feel sick flu GIF
We need a sadface reaction emoji option on gaf. I completely relate to motion sickness and it's a bummer. I wanted to pay Alien Isolation but had to quit as it made me severely nauseated. Most 1st person shooters (1st person anything) have a similar effect for me. Halo surprisingly does not.

Last edited:

Dafegamer

Platinumed Astrobot. Wow what a game, basically perfect. Easily the best game on the system.

I want to play more 3D platformers so might go for Tinykin, Psychonauts 2 or Hat in Time. Before that though I decided to play the original Timesplitters. It's a bit rough, and surprised that there is no plot whatsoever.
Play Sackboy a Big Adventure, not as good as Astro Bot but still a very fine and jolly platformer.

RAIDEN1

On PS4 Pro it is : Oxen Free (the first one) I also delved into a bit of the Ninja Warriors remaster that was sitting in my "purchased queue" for aages but I finally downloaded it...certainly requires a bit more thought to it than just aimlessly punching out the enemies...(having trouble getting past the first boss, no matter who I select as my playable character..).Meanwhile on Series X it was never on my radar to begin with, but I purchased Broken Sword Reforged after hearing the rave reviews it has been getting and the fact that it is somewhat of a new entry in the Broken Sword series (and I have been a life-long point and click games fan, so this was of big interest)

Last edited:

bundylove

Astrobot. Me and my daughter are having a blast. Every level feels new and fresh with new mechanics. But those special levels holy good luck mario people you will die on them a hundred times.

Nobody wants to die. Great noir grqphic novel walking sim with a great story and voice acting. Not for everyone but time rewind mechanic is top tier.

Scorn , recommended by adamsapple adamsapple . I like it. Slow, challenging walking sim that gives you a lot of movement freedom. On sale and for that its worth it. Puzzles are a bit hard due to no hand holding or any guidance.

PLucky squire. Wow so much charm and what a unique experince. Again playing it with my daughter and she loves it.

Madison vr. Nope. Shitting my pants.

7th guest vr. Somehow i am able to solve the puzzles lol unlike in the original.

bundylove

May i recommend tomba remaster?
One of my favorite rpg platformer

Humdinger

Mass Effect 2 - I forgot what a great game this is! Loving it.

Horizon Zero Dawn, third replay; I drop into the mid-game just for fun. I enjoy the exploration, the environments, and the combat.

I'm replaying Fenyx Rising, too. It's a simple little game, but I enjoyed it.

I just toy around with each of these games. I don't complete any of them. Just a couple hours here, a couple hours there...

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm still playing some more Monster Hunter World and I'm not moving to Iceborne until I beat all Arch Tempered monsters...

So far I beat Arch Tempered Teostra, Kushala Daora and Nergigante.

I HATE fighting Kushala Daora in World, his not hard it just super annoying to fight.....they VASTLY improved him in Rise.

Dazraell

I've finished Baldur's Gate 1 main campaign. Things I enjoyed the most were Chapter 5 and entire Durlag's Tower side story. To me these were the peak. Early game where you just wander in the wilderness had some charm, but it kinda lacked overall purpose until later where story beats started to come together. Overall I'm glad I finally finished this game as I always stopped playing around Nashkel Mines area

As for Enhanced Edition content, I liked new locations that were added to the game, but new companions were meh, even if they were more fleshed out than vanilla companions. Out of this new cast which was added in EE, I only liked Baeloth and his antics. I'm currently focusing on remaining Beamdog content, namely The Black Pits mini-campaign and Siege of Dragonspear expansion

Roberts

So Ghostrunner 2 and Crime Boss: Rockay City were free on xbox during the weekend so out of curiosity I took a peek at both. I didn't particularly care for Ghostrunner and nothing really convinced me that the sequel will appeal to me more. That said, it feels a bit more polished.

Crime Boss is an inch away from being an Eastern European scam in a videogame form. Stealing visual aesthetics and other stylistics from popular games (most notably GTA), stealing gameplay from popular games (GTA again, Payday), hiring a bunch of actors who used to be in cool movies....but it never feels fun at all. Just derivative, dull, badly designed slop.

EerieArcade

Neo Member
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Managed to get the bad ending. Whoops. Will go back and get the good ending.

After watching the state of play tonight, I think I'll play through Ghost of Tsushima. Never finished it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Pacific Drive

Thought this would have more of a story component but it's 99% a survival / resource gathering kind of game, not sure if I'm gonna stick with this long-term.

The frame rate is also kinda shit even in the Performance mode.

hGCp8dB.jpeg

j9PuZZW.jpeg

I am still playing Elden Ring DLC edition on my PC, and recently defeated the duo Gorgoyles after defeating Radhan.

This is my first souls-like game, and daym I find it so hard. For newbies like me, the only way to enjoy the game is to level up like crazy (at level 175 at the moment: Strength 80, Vigor 60, Endurance 40, Faith 25 and Giant Sword +5). I can now defeat most of the big badies, the exception being Mohg that is helishly hard.

I inted to get that Black Knife Tiche spirit, level it up along with my giant sword and try beating Mohg again to play the DLC.

Also, I have completed level 8 on FFVII Rebirth up till now on my PS5.
And this is turning out to be GOTY for me. The story, visuals, voice-over and gameplay are first rate. I am having a blast with this game. The fight with and death of Dyne was so epic and emotional. SE has done a fantastic job with this remake of the original gem. And it is nothing short of a treat seeing my favorite cast of the original in all their glory on my 55 inch TV.

Last edited:
Sniper Elite 5, resuming my nazi killing spree after finishing Wolfenstein 2, I once tried SE5 but probably played it wrong as a pure shooter and only lasted a few hours, now i take my time and try to explore all the maps and find all secrets, having a lot of fun, so much that i will buy SE4 when it's on sale again, it's very cheap now for about 5 bucks on PSN/XBL.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I played 10 min of Gotham Knights last night. What the fuck is wrong with that game? All the movement just felt totally busted. I almost couldn't believe it. I just turned it off and went to bed to shake it off. I have to try it again to see if I was hallucinating. And it had the literal worst opening ever, just 30 min of boring cutscenes followed by 10 min of more cutscenes where you can move an icon around that shows the characters' names. This is a lot worse than I expected.

hinch7

Just finished up Space Marine 2's story. Good sequel and game. Gameplay hasn't really evolved from the last but its a fun experience and melting hordes of Tyranids/Chaos with bolters, plasma guns and meltas is so satisfying. The story is pretty good too and quite heroic and the last level, epic as can be for a 40K fan. Played on normal so it was pretty easy, kind of wished I played on hard now but ho hum.

Back to FFXVI on PC. Which should be a nice upgrade from PS5 and I get to play the DLC. Going to see if there are some mods as well to switch it up.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Somehow I've completely avoided playing Dead Rising 3 the entire decade+ it's come out, no better time than now while waiting for SH2 / Metaphor.

The art style is evocative of the era, where everything had to be grey / brown.

But some of the character models hold up remarkably well. This could fit right into the current year with a simple resolution / FPS increase.

YgHDPXg.png

rpI5B2g.png

xhWTbRK.png

BBXqjqc.png

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I was waiting for the ultrawide patch to hit for Space Marine 2, and it finally did yesterday so I started to dig in to that. What a game! Full of spectacle. The Emperor protects!

Also started up UFO 50, which is fun and quirky so far, didn't make it too far into the games yet, but I really like the one where you paint the floor and try to have the most painted area.

Also still working on Trails of Cold Steel II, Astro Bot, and have a large pile of backlog shame to get to. No more new games for me this year! (is what I tell myself...)

Roberts

Set aside Blasphemous 2 indefinitely. I grew to love the game a lot, but I'm just not good enough to beat the penultimate boss on the second phase - He teleports all the time, creating a chaos that I simply can't handle. Can't blame me for the lack of trying - After 40 or so attempts I managed to get around 30-35% of his health at best.

So I moved on to Sea of Stars. It takes its sweet ass time to get rolling, but I started to enjoy when you actually get to play the game. Its relative simplicity compared to, let's say, Chained Echos is refreshing - fighting mechanics are pretty great. That said, I got back to Flintlock. It's a great game but I started playing at a time when I barely had any time to play and 20-30 sessions just didn't let me enjoy the game fully. I was afraid it will be hard to get back into it but after 10 minutes I was reminded that this is one of the most fun games released this year.

lachesis

Working on Persona 3 Reloaded DLC. Kinda lost steam, because I feel like I have to start grinding basically ground up again. (Well, level 25 ish). About 1/3 way in, but will have to prep for Joker fight - so I’d say it will be a while.

Going abroad for about 3 weeks, so taking my Switch and SteamDeck. Will likely start Unicorn Overlord on Switch for long flight - or Great Ace Attorney, or 13th Sentinel Switch ver in my Native language… with a bit of Castlevania Collection.

Somehow I've completely avoided playing Dead Rising 3 the entire decade+ it's come out, no better time than now while waiting for SH2 / Metaphor.

The art style is evocative of the era, where everything had to be grey / brown.

But some of the character models hold up remarkably well. This could fit right into the current year with a simple resolution / FPS increase.

YgHDPXg.png

rpI5B2g.png

xhWTbRK.png

BBXqjqc.png
It runs fantastic on PC. The crowd sizes, the draw distance, and effects are jaw dropping at high resolutions and framerates. Best of the series in world design. It has a weird bug with DLC (also really awesome) that resets blueprints for some reason though. It is a good thing I love the game to bits so it didn't phase me. Reminds me of The Return of the Living Dead.

EerieArcade

Neo Member
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Just Dracula left. Really enjoyed my time with this. Not sure if this or Ecclesia is my favourite of the collection so far.

Spider-Man 2
Only played an hour or so. Enjoying it so far.

Hrk69

Gold Member
God of War on PC

I think it's incredible so far, it's extremely polished and actually fun to play

I'm jumping into Ragnarok when I'm finished with this one

EerieArcade

Neo Member
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
I think this might be my favourite game in the collection. I like synthesizing weapons and the soul system is cool, too.

The Medium
Haven't played too much. Quite like the vibe and atmosphere. Seems to be a fair bit of walking.

playbignbox

Neo Member
Nintendo Switch: Nintendo World Championships (almost finished) and Splatoon 3

PlayStation 5: Returnal

Xbox Series X: Alien Isolation (last movie got me hyped) and Halo Infinite

I want to buy Zelda and Astro Bot soon

Hrk69

Gold Member
God of War on PC

I think it's incredible so far, it's extremely polished and actually fun to play

I'm jumping into Ragnarok when I'm finished with this one
Uninstalled that shit today

I've got a lot of patience but the design of these Valkyries is fucking terrible.

Guess I'm playing Visions of Mana today

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Valfaris: Mecha Therion. Nearing the end I think. Its the best action game I played this year. Its extremely likely its the best shmup I've ever played. Game is just so well made, so well balanced. Its phenomenal.

Mr Hyde

Finished Silent Hill Downpour. Cleaned up the majority of trophies I had left with the side quests and I also knocked out two more endings. It's a good entry in the franchise but it's marred with technical issues such as screen tearing and poor framerate. The game has some decent ideas and the presentation is not bad at all, it just needed a bigger budget and more time in the oven. A remaster that fixes all of this is sorely needed because it would put Downpour in a more favorable light amongst the fans.

Bartski

Gold Member
After some shenanigans I found a guide for on Reddit, I've managed to start Silent Hill 3 on PC. Back when this game originally came out I used to smoke so much pot I honestly don't remember if I beat it or not. Not sure which version this is but it looks really nice and even mapping controls was way less of a struggle than Homecoming recently. Already liking it much more than "the room".

8oIeXcw.jpeg

Last edited:

EerieArcade

Neo Member
After some shenanigans I found a guide for on Reddit, I've managed to start Silent Hill 3 on PC. Back when this game originally came out I used to smoke so much pot I honestly don't remember if I beat it or not. Not sure which version this is but it looks really nice and even mapping controls was way less of a struggle than Homecoming recently. Already liking it much more than "the room".

8oIeXcw.jpeg

I played Silent Hill 1 and 2 last year and loved both. Haven't played 3. Kinda want to now though! Wonder if I should do it before Silent Hill 2 Remake next month.

Top Bottom