• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What improvements do you want in Hogwarts Legacy 2 ?

samoilaaa

I just finished Hogwarts Legacy and it was a fun game sometimes

Things that i liked :

The graphics
Hogwarts castle level design
Nailed the harry potter artstyle
The combat was satisfying

What i didnt like :

The story , it was dull , boring antagonist , bad people looking for more power to do more evil things
The world is filled with filler things to do that have no meaning , its there just to make you waste time
Lack of reactivity , using certain spells in front of people and nobody gives a shit
Zombie npcs

So Hogwarts 2 has the potential to be really good , i hope EA will let them do a single player game and not turn it into a live service game , what improvements do you hope to see in HL 2 ?

I just finished Hogwarts Legacy and it was a fun game sometimes

Things that i liked :

The graphics
Hogwarts castle level design
Nailed the harry potter artstyle
The combat was satisfying

What i didnt like :

The story , it was dull , boring antagonist , bad people looking for more power to do more evil things
The world is filled with filler things to do that have no meaning , its there just to make you waste time
Lack of reactivity , using certain spells in front of people and nobody gives a shit
Zombie npcs

So Hogwarts 2 has the potential to be really good , i hope EA will let them do a single player game and not turn it into a live service game , what improvements do you hope to see in HL 2 ?

Make it a full blown hentai game

I want to see your wand Harry!

GymWolf

Gold Member
Better enemy variety
Better boss variety
Way More challenge
More lessons at school
Better story
The magic can be more extensively used for physics based puzzles\exploration, imagine all the shit you could do with all the spells you have
Way better loot that is not only aesthetic, gimme different wands and armours and shit
Better dungeons
Differentiate the spells more in combat, after a while you just end spamming shit even if there is a combo system or something
Way better graphic

First game was charming but deeply flawed.

Last edited:
I'm not to sure honestly. I really enjoyed the game but eventually got bored of it and just plowed through the ending but I'm not sure why because I was enjoying it. It's similar to Outerworlds where I started loving it and then just got really bored and plowed through to the ending.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Branching Story paths and Sexy Witches

witch-devil-vampire-costume-212---le-86810-[fullsize].jpg

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
More classes to take and a stricter schedule
Prefects and students wandering the halls at night
Bigger enemy variety
Optional side dungeons and more caves to explore with more worthwhile rewards
Certain sidequests only being available at certain times of the day in specific areas

Jokes aside

As a huge fan of Harry Potter (The books that is)

I haven't played Hogwart Legacy yet. I did get the game off a Steam Sale recently. Need to play it sometime soon

For the sequel

Make the story more interesting and better. Get J K Rowling to write the plot for the game. Even to the point of doing all the sidequest plots. Even writing all the characters. Even have her write the main antagonist and his dialogue

Also no DLC/Microtransactions please

Same ol G

considering the success of the 1st game i think a sequel is innevitable
The game was succesfull but the woke media tried to boycott the game.
Knowing how childish these people are if a sequel is announced i believe they would at least wait a few years before another entry.
But hey what do i know money talks soo...

Gojiira

Needs to be more of a simulator, stricter class schedules with house points etc being integrated fully. Maybe some kind of Morale system that can affect other classmates performance, spread out over multiple school terms and years with events and quests tied to each term and year. New classmates each year as well as students graduating. More in depth character creator. Better npc reactivity and interaction.
NEEDS a better Good/ Evil route through the game, needs to have pros and cons and tons of unique opportunities,events and related npc’s.

mdkirby

Better story, better and more varied side quests and activities…actual dungeons instead of what seemed like the entrance to a dungeon which they then ran out the time to actually build. Make it more like Elden ring in terms of level design and exploration.

But they prob won’t do any of that. Instead they’ll turn it into a Gaas, with all the mechanics that suck the joy out of games, and I won’t play it 🤷‍♂️

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
You all know this game is going to become a MTX season pass game for the sequel.

Prepare to buy any cool robes, and prepare for a story told through seasonal content.

WB going to deep dick you all.

-Legend of Zelda like dungeons based game design.

-Absolutely dripping with atmosphere.

-Great story. Its a ip based on books FFS.

As I said huge fan of the books

But wish J K Rowling was much more involved with the story and lore in this game. As in written it herself. She could have written a much more entertaining story and cast for the first game

I heard lot of mixed things on Hogwarts Legacy and as a Potter fan it does disappoint me hearing that

At least I waited to buy the game though

Cyberpunkd

My daughter said that she hopes a sequel has you continue your journey, but you become a professor at the school and deal with the day to day life of that, on top of some dark sinister plot happening to the other teachers and students.
Your daughter is more competent than 90% of game devs.

Arsic

No argument there. She’s just ended her Sophomore year in high school with a 4.4 gpa.

I struggled to get a 2.4 gpa. I hated school. She loves it.
Did gpa change?Thought it was up to 4.0 being the highest. Or are you saying she’s above the cap somehow aka doing AP classes valedictorian kind of shit?

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Did gpa change?Thought it was up to 4.0 being the highest. Or are you saying she’s above the cap somehow aka doing AP classes valedictorian kind of shit?
Yup, she’s in honors and AP classes. They boost your GPA over the 4.0 mark. At least they do here in Southern California.

Arsic

Yup, she’s in honors and AP classes. They boost your GPA over the 4.0 mark. At least they do here in Southern California.
That’s gangster.

My daughter is a retard. I had 3.9 gpa when I graduated high school. I adopted her so idk if genetics make up a major play here but stilll… she can ace tests but won’t turn work in on time which tanks her grades.

It’s like imagine if Miyazaki knew how to make Souls games but instead half assed it so you end up with Thymesia instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom